Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Multi Operator Coordination

Multi Operator Coordination

Multi Operator Coordination

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

05 Aug 2023, 1:27 pm #1
I like what has been done by co-ordinating the 306/7/8/9 on the coast road but was wondering if something similar should be implement in other areas. 

Given that the 5, 17 & 50 share sections between Boldon, Whiteleas, Chichester & Shields is seems like this could be good idea. The other one I had in mind was the 18 & 26.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
05 Aug 2023, 1:27 pm #1

I like what has been done by co-ordinating the 306/7/8/9 on the coast road but was wondering if something similar should be implement in other areas. 

Given that the 5, 17 & 50 share sections between Boldon, Whiteleas, Chichester & Shields is seems like this could be good idea. The other one I had in mind was the 18 & 26.

Andreos1

05 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm #2
(05 Aug 2023, 1:27 pm)ASX_Terranova I like what has been done by co-ordinating the 306/7/8/9 on the coast road but was wondering if something similar should be implement in other areas. 

There's so much more than can be done. 
It's a good start, but the one thing that stood out to me with the NT stuff, is that there's a lot of information on one page, and it's not always clear. 
For example, the NT services often diverge off the Coast Road eastbound. It's not too clear or obvious, which services diverge where. 
All we see, are black lines and the image of a moving bus. That may or may not diverge on to a particular section of route.

The examples you mention with the 5, 17 and 50 are other examples that nerd clear differentiation to help passengers and make it easier and therefore more attractive for new users.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm #2

(05 Aug 2023, 1:27 pm)ASX_Terranova I like what has been done by co-ordinating the 306/7/8/9 on the coast road but was wondering if something similar should be implement in other areas. 

There's so much more than can be done. 
It's a good start, but the one thing that stood out to me with the NT stuff, is that there's a lot of information on one page, and it's not always clear. 
For example, the NT services often diverge off the Coast Road eastbound. It's not too clear or obvious, which services diverge where. 
All we see, are black lines and the image of a moving bus. That may or may not diverge on to a particular section of route.

The examples you mention with the 5, 17 and 50 are other examples that nerd clear differentiation to help passengers and make it easier and therefore more attractive for new users.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

05 Aug 2023, 1:54 pm #3
(05 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm)I Andreos1 There's so much more than can be done. 

I have tried to mock up a custom frequency table, with some changes I personally find appealling with all services serving Boldon ASDA, Whiteleas Shops and either Laygate or Westoe.

http://asxterranova.home.blog/2023/08/05...frequency/

I will do the 18 & 26 (probably using the 88/88A), if anyone wants it.

ASX_Terranova
05 Aug 2023, 1:54 pm #3

(05 Aug 2023, 1:31 pm)I Andreos1 There's so much more than can be done. 

I have tried to mock up a custom frequency table, with some changes I personally find appealling with all services serving Boldon ASDA, Whiteleas Shops and either Laygate or Westoe.

http://asxterranova.home.blog/2023/08/05...frequency/

I will do the 18 & 26 (probably using the 88/88A), if anyone wants it.

Storx

05 Aug 2023, 3:15 pm #4
Personally can't see this at all. The Coast Road has been a farce really and it's doing the bare minimum to shut up the councillors imo rather than really being into it.

Personally I'd rather just get to the stage where operators are completely irrelevant and a bus is a bus and there's only tickets across all operators with all local bus operator tickets abolished completely.

Any information stuff needs to be done by TNE / Nexus / NECA or whoever the heck is in charge lately as the name changes every other week. The Nexus site is just a time warp to 2008 and appalling and good luck finding timetables for any of the council funded routes in Northumberland at all.
Storx
05 Aug 2023, 3:15 pm #4

Personally can't see this at all. The Coast Road has been a farce really and it's doing the bare minimum to shut up the councillors imo rather than really being into it.

Personally I'd rather just get to the stage where operators are completely irrelevant and a bus is a bus and there's only tickets across all operators with all local bus operator tickets abolished completely.

Any information stuff needs to be done by TNE / Nexus / NECA or whoever the heck is in charge lately as the name changes every other week. The Nexus site is just a time warp to 2008 and appalling and good luck finding timetables for any of the council funded routes in Northumberland at all.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average