Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Strikes? , Closures?, what would you do and why?

Strikes? , Closures?, what would you do and why?

Strikes? , Closures?, what would you do and why?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
V514DFT

31 Oct 2023, 10:12 pm #21
(31 Oct 2023, 9:16 pm)L469 YVK By no means a service suggestion (before anyone jumps to move it) but if GNE were to axe anything....

- PM Closed
- 307/309 & 327 move to Riverside
- 335, 351, 359 down to Nexus although tender can change.

1:
- Withdrawn.
- 97 possibly re-introduced.
- Stagecoach potentially introduce a 22A or 23 doing Throckley > Newcastle then 1 route to Whitley Bay every 20 mins.

352:
- Withdrawn, already covered by 37.

353:
- Withdrawn by GNE, possibly picked up every 30 mins by Stagecoach......or Arriva take it back if capacity freed up at Blyth/Ashington owing to ABTRL and possible PVR reductions as a result.

354:
- Withdrawn.
- Whitley Bay > Killingworth covered by 359.
- X63 effectively other than the Killingworth circle possibly mirrors the old 54/56/356 via Longbenton, South Gosforth and Gosforth.

355:
- Withdrawn.
- Covered by 38 as alternative.
- Matthew Bank possibly covered by Arriva making the X7/X8 serve all stops.

Its fine, thats why i made this thread, so any suggestion is allowed in my book

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
31 Oct 2023, 10:12 pm #21

(31 Oct 2023, 9:16 pm)L469 YVK By no means a service suggestion (before anyone jumps to move it) but if GNE were to axe anything....

- PM Closed
- 307/309 & 327 move to Riverside
- 335, 351, 359 down to Nexus although tender can change.

1:
- Withdrawn.
- 97 possibly re-introduced.
- Stagecoach potentially introduce a 22A or 23 doing Throckley > Newcastle then 1 route to Whitley Bay every 20 mins.

352:
- Withdrawn, already covered by 37.

353:
- Withdrawn by GNE, possibly picked up every 30 mins by Stagecoach......or Arriva take it back if capacity freed up at Blyth/Ashington owing to ABTRL and possible PVR reductions as a result.

354:
- Withdrawn.
- Whitley Bay > Killingworth covered by 359.
- X63 effectively other than the Killingworth circle possibly mirrors the old 54/56/356 via Longbenton, South Gosforth and Gosforth.

355:
- Withdrawn.
- Covered by 38 as alternative.
- Matthew Bank possibly covered by Arriva making the X7/X8 serve all stops.

Its fine, thats why i made this thread, so any suggestion is allowed in my book

Kind Regards
Tez

L469 YVK

02 Nov 2023, 1:39 pm #22
Just thinking about this.....but Percy Main deppt I'd say is at big risk of closing for exactly the following reasons:

1.) Most routes other than the 307 & 309 (moved to Riverside) can easily be covered in parts or wholly by alternative services (352, 354, 355 vs 37, 38, 359 X7, X8, X63) or alternative operators (1, 41/41A, 335 (NEXUS), 351(NEXUS), 353, 359(NEXUS)).

2.) If a joint ZEBRA bid is submitted with the authorities, Arriva and GNE for the Coast Road corridor, that would effectively confirm Percy Main closing as I doubt the needed infrastructure could easily be implemented at Percy Main without a whole new depot. And even if GAG got offers if the new nearby housing development wanted to expand further down, I doubt GNE would re-invest in a new depot and instead, would pocket the money to pay down the COVID losses.
L469 YVK
02 Nov 2023, 1:39 pm #22

Just thinking about this.....but Percy Main deppt I'd say is at big risk of closing for exactly the following reasons:

1.) Most routes other than the 307 & 309 (moved to Riverside) can easily be covered in parts or wholly by alternative services (352, 354, 355 vs 37, 38, 359 X7, X8, X63) or alternative operators (1, 41/41A, 335 (NEXUS), 351(NEXUS), 353, 359(NEXUS)).

2.) If a joint ZEBRA bid is submitted with the authorities, Arriva and GNE for the Coast Road corridor, that would effectively confirm Percy Main closing as I doubt the needed infrastructure could easily be implemented at Percy Main without a whole new depot. And even if GAG got offers if the new nearby housing development wanted to expand further down, I doubt GNE would re-invest in a new depot and instead, would pocket the money to pay down the COVID losses.

Storx

02 Nov 2023, 2:29 pm #23
(02 Nov 2023, 1:39 pm)L469 YVK Just thinking about this.....but Percy Main deppt I'd say is at big risk of closing for exactly the following reasons:

The X7, X8 and X63 certainly cannot cover the 354 at all. None of them 3 are going via Gosforth. Arriva have already attempted this and it was one of the most unpopular changes ever and quickly reversed as it was a complete farce.

They're express services, focused on the outer areas, not going around the house routes. When there's a new railway line opening, the last thing they need to do is make them slower than they already are.

There's just simply no demand for the 354 between Newcastle and Four Lane Ends and it can be done by changing onto a Metro and changing onto another bus anyway. The corridor has been slowing dying ever since Northumberland Park Metro station opened pretty much as it's just much quicker and easier via Metro.
Storx
02 Nov 2023, 2:29 pm #23

(02 Nov 2023, 1:39 pm)L469 YVK Just thinking about this.....but Percy Main deppt I'd say is at big risk of closing for exactly the following reasons:

The X7, X8 and X63 certainly cannot cover the 354 at all. None of them 3 are going via Gosforth. Arriva have already attempted this and it was one of the most unpopular changes ever and quickly reversed as it was a complete farce.

They're express services, focused on the outer areas, not going around the house routes. When there's a new railway line opening, the last thing they need to do is make them slower than they already are.

There's just simply no demand for the 354 between Newcastle and Four Lane Ends and it can be done by changing onto a Metro and changing onto another bus anyway. The corridor has been slowing dying ever since Northumberland Park Metro station opened pretty much as it's just much quicker and easier via Metro.

L469 YVK

02 Nov 2023, 4:57 pm #24
(02 Nov 2023, 2:29 pm)Storx The X7, X8 and X63 certainly cannot cover the 354 at all. None of them 3 are going via Gosforth. Arriva have already attempted this and it was one of the most unpopular changes ever and quickly reversed as it was a complete farce.

X7/X8 - only possible change would be to serve all stops on Matthew Bank to make up for the lack of 355.

As for the X63, does it get that busy outside of the peaks to justify a full fast service? Would still be quicker than the 62/63 even if it did the Killingworth loop then as per the 54/56/356 to Newcastle Haymarket. Could even run an hourly evening & Sunday service too.
L469 YVK
02 Nov 2023, 4:57 pm #24

(02 Nov 2023, 2:29 pm)Storx The X7, X8 and X63 certainly cannot cover the 354 at all. None of them 3 are going via Gosforth. Arriva have already attempted this and it was one of the most unpopular changes ever and quickly reversed as it was a complete farce.

X7/X8 - only possible change would be to serve all stops on Matthew Bank to make up for the lack of 355.

As for the X63, does it get that busy outside of the peaks to justify a full fast service? Would still be quicker than the 62/63 even if it did the Killingworth loop then as per the 54/56/356 to Newcastle Haymarket. Could even run an hourly evening & Sunday service too.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average