Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus Consultation - Q3/35 Newcastle

Nexus Consultation - Q3/35 Newcastle

Nexus Consultation - Q3/35 Newcastle

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aaron21

09 Nov 2023, 4:03 pm #1
Thought it would be pointless creating a new thread so putting it in here. Nexus have put a consultation out for the Go North East Q3 & Stagecoach 35 service
https://www.nexus.org.uk/consultation/it...-35-and-q3

Our plan is to stop providing financial support for service Q3 to divert via Osborne Road. This will result in Go North East operating the route directly via Great North Road.

The money saved from paying for service Q3 would pay for changes to service 35. This will mean service 35 will operate as now between Newcastle (but start from Central Station) and Fawdon but will then extend to run via Gosforth High Street, Osborne Road, city centre and Central Station.

In addition, there will be an hourly service on evening and Sunday, between Newcastle, Pilgrim Street and Fawdon, Mormon Church via Osborne Road, Gosforth High Street, Kenton & Fawdon (note evening/Sunday trips would not serve Central Station, John Street/Welford Avenue, or Red House Farm estate).
Aaron21
09 Nov 2023, 4:03 pm #1

Thought it would be pointless creating a new thread so putting it in here. Nexus have put a consultation out for the Go North East Q3 & Stagecoach 35 service

Our plan is to stop providing financial support for service Q3 to divert via Osborne Road. This will result in Go North East operating the route directly via Great North Road.

The money saved from paying for service Q3 would pay for changes to service 35. This will mean service 35 will operate as now between Newcastle (but start from Central Station) and Fawdon but will then extend to run via Gosforth High Street, Osborne Road, city centre and Central Station.

In addition, there will be an hourly service on evening and Sunday, between Newcastle, Pilgrim Street and Fawdon, Mormon Church via Osborne Road, Gosforth High Street, Kenton & Fawdon (note evening/Sunday trips would not serve Central Station, John Street/Welford Avenue, or Red House Farm estate).

Thomas12

09 Nov 2023, 4:34 pm #2
(09 Nov 2023, 4:03 pm)Aaron21 Thought it would be pointless creating a new thread so putting it in here. Nexus have put a consultation out for the Go North East Q3 & Stagecoach 35 service

That's very badly worded. Are they saying it'll be a circular route? That's worded as if it would only serve Osborne Road in one direction.
Thomas12
09 Nov 2023, 4:34 pm #2

(09 Nov 2023, 4:03 pm)Aaron21 Thought it would be pointless creating a new thread so putting it in here. Nexus have put a consultation out for the Go North East Q3 & Stagecoach 35 service

That's very badly worded. Are they saying it'll be a circular route? That's worded as if it would only serve Osborne Road in one direction.

Storx

09 Nov 2023, 5:07 pm #3
(09 Nov 2023, 4:34 pm)Thomas12 That's very badly worded. Are they saying it'll be a circular route? That's worded as if it would only serve Osborne Road in one direction.

Seems complicated to me, I don't understand why they don't just restore the 33/33A but instead of the 33A heading towards Fawdon, it heads towards the Great Park instead and scrap the X46. One bus an hour terminating at Hollywood Avenue, the other skipping it and terminating at the Great Park. If they wanted to do the Central link they still could and interwork it with the 35.
Storx
09 Nov 2023, 5:07 pm #3

(09 Nov 2023, 4:34 pm)Thomas12 That's very badly worded. Are they saying it'll be a circular route? That's worded as if it would only serve Osborne Road in one direction.

Seems complicated to me, I don't understand why they don't just restore the 33/33A but instead of the 33A heading towards Fawdon, it heads towards the Great Park instead and scrap the X46. One bus an hour terminating at Hollywood Avenue, the other skipping it and terminating at the Great Park. If they wanted to do the Central link they still could and interwork it with the 35.

markydh

09 Nov 2023, 6:51 pm #4

I suspect it’ll be a circular route, 35 and 35A, with each operating every 30 minutes.
markydh
09 Nov 2023, 6:51 pm #4

I suspect it’ll be a circular route, 35 and 35A, with each operating every 30 minutes.

09 Nov 2023, 7:15 pm #5
(09 Nov 2023, 6:51 pm)markydh I suspect it’ll be a circular route, 35 and 35A, with each operating every 30 minutes.

Can’t see it the circle wouldn’t make sense. It states that the frequency will reduce 30 minutes so to me that is 2 buses in both directions. There is no mention of a 35A.
Coastliner700
09 Nov 2023, 7:15 pm #5

(09 Nov 2023, 6:51 pm)markydh I suspect it’ll be a circular route, 35 and 35A, with each operating every 30 minutes.

Can’t see it the circle wouldn’t make sense. It states that the frequency will reduce 30 minutes so to me that is 2 buses in both directions. There is no mention of a 35A.

Unber43

09 Nov 2023, 9:15 pm #6
Hopefully it would add increased layover to the Q3 as it drowns at rushhour
Unber43
09 Nov 2023, 9:15 pm #6

Hopefully it would add increased layover to the Q3 as it drowns at rushhour

10 Nov 2023, 8:45 am #7
Or they could use the presumed saved resource to revert the service back to every 15 minutes to encourage more passengers on from the likes of Great Park who would now have a faster service to Newcastle again.
Iamtheone8483748
10 Nov 2023, 8:45 am #7

Or they could use the presumed saved resource to revert the service back to every 15 minutes to encourage more passengers on from the likes of Great Park who would now have a faster service to Newcastle again.

Storx

10 Nov 2023, 9:21 am #8
(10 Nov 2023, 8:45 am)Iamtheone8483748 Or they could use the presumed saved resource to revert the service back to every 15 minutes to encourage more passengers on from the likes of Great Park who would now have a faster service to Newcastle again.

There's no need for nothing more on the Q3, be a complete waste of money.

If we're going down that route then extending the X47 in would be a better use of resources.
Storx
10 Nov 2023, 9:21 am #8

(10 Nov 2023, 8:45 am)Iamtheone8483748 Or they could use the presumed saved resource to revert the service back to every 15 minutes to encourage more passengers on from the likes of Great Park who would now have a faster service to Newcastle again.

There's no need for nothing more on the Q3, be a complete waste of money.

If we're going down that route then extending the X47 in would be a better use of resources.

Aaron21

10 Nov 2023, 10:30 am #9
What happened to this Q3 Kingston Park rumours. Heard loads of times that the Q3 would extend on the new road out of Great Park to Kingston Park
Aaron21
10 Nov 2023, 10:30 am #9

What happened to this Q3 Kingston Park rumours. Heard loads of times that the Q3 would extend on the new road out of Great Park to Kingston Park

20 Nov 2023, 5:00 pm #10

I have suggested this for years! Could've scrapped 33/33A a long time ago and then the pointless Q3 diversion. 
I think it'll be more simply Central Station | Osborne Road | Gosforth High Street | Coxlodge (Kenton) | Fawdon | Red House Farm | Wansbeck Rd - Back to central. In the evening will be miss out Red House Farm & Central. See route (orange is day, red is evening variation)

I agree. Not at bad as some other companies recently....
logidoodah
20 Nov 2023, 5:00 pm #10

I have suggested this for years! Could've scrapped 33/33A a long time ago and then the pointless Q3 diversion. 
I think it'll be more simply Central Station | Osborne Road | Gosforth High Street | Coxlodge (Kenton) | Fawdon | Red House Farm | Wansbeck Rd - Back to central. In the evening will be miss out Red House Farm & Central. See route (orange is day, red is evening variation)

Aaron21

20 Nov 2023, 5:39 pm #11
(20 Nov 2023, 5:00 pm)logidoodah I have suggested this for years! Could've scrapped 33/33A a long time ago and then the pointless Q3 diversion. 

Would the 35 not just start on Bewick Street depending on how long a layover it gets?
Aaron21
20 Nov 2023, 5:39 pm #11

(20 Nov 2023, 5:00 pm)logidoodah I have suggested this for years! Could've scrapped 33/33A a long time ago and then the pointless Q3 diversion. 

Would the 35 not just start on Bewick Street depending on how long a layover it gets?

21 Nov 2023, 8:19 pm #12
Aaron21

imagine probably drop off at 30/31 stop and pick up in Clayton Sreet West at the same stop.
Coastliner700
21 Nov 2023, 8:19 pm #12

Aaron21

imagine probably drop off at 30/31 stop and pick up in Clayton Sreet West at the same stop.

Aaron21

21 Nov 2023, 9:53 pm #13
(21 Nov 2023, 8:19 pm)Coastliner700 Aaron21

It will probably start at Bewick Street then drive round to the 30/31 but yea it's depending on layover time
Aaron21
21 Nov 2023, 9:53 pm #13

(21 Nov 2023, 8:19 pm)Coastliner700 Aaron21

It will probably start at Bewick Street then drive round to the 30/31 but yea it's depending on layover time

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average