Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Invasive cookie warning

Invasive cookie warning

Invasive cookie warning

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adrian

25 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm #1
I know we have to have it, 'cause Brussels says so, but I seem to be seeing it a lot more than I should be? Could it not be altered to place a persistent cookie on the user's machine when they accept the alert, to prevent further notifications?

I thought it was just me, but I've tried a couple of different browsers, and on two computers? Same result.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm #1

I know we have to have it, 'cause Brussels says so, but I seem to be seeing it a lot more than I should be? Could it not be altered to place a persistent cookie on the user's machine when they accept the alert, to prevent further notifications?

I thought it was just me, but I've tried a couple of different browsers, and on two computers? Same result.

Michael

25 Jun 2013, 6:45 pm #2
(25 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm)aureolin I know we have to have it, 'cause Brussels says so, but I seem to be seeing it a lot more than I should be? Could it not be altered to place a persistent cookie on the user's machine when they accept the alert, to prevent further notifications?

Im having the same Problem both on the computer and my mobile... its quite annoying

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Jun 2013, 6:45 pm #2

(25 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm)aureolin I know we have to have it, 'cause Brussels says so, but I seem to be seeing it a lot more than I should be? Could it not be altered to place a persistent cookie on the user's machine when they accept the alert, to prevent further notifications?

Im having the same Problem both on the computer and my mobile... its quite annoying

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

25 Jun 2013, 7:10 pm #3
Interesting, as I'm getting something completely different now. Previously it was a box to the left of the North East buses banner, which pushed that about a third of the way to the right of the page.

[Image: m62aZMX.png]

Adrian
25 Jun 2013, 7:10 pm #3

Interesting, as I'm getting something completely different now. Previously it was a box to the left of the North East buses banner, which pushed that about a third of the way to the right of the page.

[Image: m62aZMX.png]

Adrian

25 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm #4
The new one won't seem to disappear now? Won't let me accept/decline it either.

Adrian
25 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm #4

The new one won't seem to disappear now? Won't let me accept/decline it either.

Adrian

26 Jun 2013, 6:29 pm #5
Cheers Liam. No issues now.

Adrian
26 Jun 2013, 6:29 pm #5

Cheers Liam. No issues now.

Michael

26 Jun 2013, 6:34 pm #6
Thank's Liam =)