Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 150 51 52
Storx

16 Apr 2024, 5:34 pm #1,021
(16 Apr 2024, 2:14 pm)Lewis1509 Would absolutely never happen at all in a million years, its a massive reach but I've thought of a cool route, just thinking of bus spotters instead of actual customers lol

Merge Stagecoach 18 with GNE 19 and 317 to operate a giant loop service

Clockwise trips would continue to run as 317 and anticlockwise trips to run as 318, also operating via Monkseaton to connect Whitley Bay with Northumberland Park. To connect the 18 with the 317, either operate it the former route to Wallsend or just the 12 route.

Cramlington to North Shields 19 trips would still run as of now, as a Service 319.

Evening trips on all services would run as normal, however I'm not too sure what to do about the numbering. 317 could operate from Whitley Bay to Wallsend as the 317, and the returning trip as a 318 maybe? Then evening 18 trips could stay as the 18 (similar to the 54 and 354).

Not sure on the point of that one personally. I always think the 317/57/57A/19 should all work together rather than what we've got now where everything is bouncing around each.

So you'd end up with something like:

Would give better round service and link the important places with Ashington gaining links to Cobalt instead of the 57/57A corridor with both routes every 30 minutes in their Southern sections (hourly services are useless).

If you wanted to create a loop, you could do this though with the 353, remaining part of the 317, Q3 and 18.

Edited 16 Apr 2024, 5:49 pm by Storx.
Storx
16 Apr 2024, 5:34 pm #1,021

(16 Apr 2024, 2:14 pm)Lewis1509 Would absolutely never happen at all in a million years, its a massive reach but I've thought of a cool route, just thinking of bus spotters instead of actual customers lol

Merge Stagecoach 18 with GNE 19 and 317 to operate a giant loop service

Clockwise trips would continue to run as 317 and anticlockwise trips to run as 318, also operating via Monkseaton to connect Whitley Bay with Northumberland Park. To connect the 18 with the 317, either operate it the former route to Wallsend or just the 12 route.

Cramlington to North Shields 19 trips would still run as of now, as a Service 319.

Evening trips on all services would run as normal, however I'm not too sure what to do about the numbering. 317 could operate from Whitley Bay to Wallsend as the 317, and the returning trip as a 318 maybe? Then evening 18 trips could stay as the 18 (similar to the 54 and 354).

Not sure on the point of that one personally. I always think the 317/57/57A/19 should all work together rather than what we've got now where everything is bouncing around each.

So you'd end up with something like:

Would give better round service and link the important places with Ashington gaining links to Cobalt instead of the 57/57A corridor with both routes every 30 minutes in their Southern sections (hourly services are useless).

If you wanted to create a loop, you could do this though with the 353, remaining part of the 317, Q3 and 18.

LVK 404L

16 Apr 2024, 5:47 pm #1,022
SNE should also look at an express version of the current 10 and 11.  I am aware that the Jarrow to North Shields is bound by Nexus to operate every 30 mins, perhaps linking in express and standard service could achieve this

Revised 10 and 11. 
Every 30 mins South Shields via curent route to Low Simonside. Then extend every hour to Jarrow and North Shields.

New X10 and X11

Hourly, South Shields - Laygate - Tyne Dock - Simonside - Valley View - Jarrow - Percy Main - Royal Quays - North Shields.
Edited 16 Apr 2024, 5:48 pm by LVK 404L.
LVK 404L
16 Apr 2024, 5:47 pm #1,022

SNE should also look at an express version of the current 10 and 11.  I am aware that the Jarrow to North Shields is bound by Nexus to operate every 30 mins, perhaps linking in express and standard service could achieve this

Revised 10 and 11. 
Every 30 mins South Shields via curent route to Low Simonside. Then extend every hour to Jarrow and North Shields.

New X10 and X11

Hourly, South Shields - Laygate - Tyne Dock - Simonside - Valley View - Jarrow - Percy Main - Royal Quays - North Shields.

Yesterday, 3:43 am #1,023
(16 Apr 2024, 5:47 pm)LVK 404L SNE should also look at an express version of the current 10 and 11.  I am aware that the Jarrow to North Shields is bound by Nexus to operate every 30 mins, perhaps linking in express and standard service could achieve this

Revised 10 and 11. 

New X10 and X11

I think most people would just take the ferry.
deanmachine
Yesterday, 3:43 am #1,023

(16 Apr 2024, 5:47 pm)LVK 404L SNE should also look at an express version of the current 10 and 11.  I am aware that the Jarrow to North Shields is bound by Nexus to operate every 30 mins, perhaps linking in express and standard service could achieve this

Revised 10 and 11. 

New X10 and X11

I think most people would just take the ferry.

Yesterday, 6:12 am #1,024
What I think would be better service is

New Service X40 cobalt SouthTyne Express

Jarrow Bus Station -Through Tunnel - A19 North - off At Northumberland Park (Holystone) junction - stop at Toby shops then Northumberland Park Metro- then down to Cobalt - Silverlink (stop back of cinema) down bus only lane through Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate -Percy Main Metro -Royal Quays - then Bus only lane into Tyne Tunnel -Jarrow

Creating links south of Tyne to Cobalt as well as a quicker version of getting from Jarrow Metro Northumberland Park metro and Percy Main and back to Jarrow Metro stations as well as hitting key working areas

It would also link with 307/309 /19/22 /Corridor and when the new line comes in a quicker link from Jarrow(south of Tyne) to Ashington
DaveFromUpNorth
Yesterday, 6:12 am #1,024

What I think would be better service is

New Service X40 cobalt SouthTyne Express

Jarrow Bus Station -Through Tunnel - A19 North - off At Northumberland Park (Holystone) junction - stop at Toby shops then Northumberland Park Metro- then down to Cobalt - Silverlink (stop back of cinema) down bus only lane through Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate -Percy Main Metro -Royal Quays - then Bus only lane into Tyne Tunnel -Jarrow

Creating links south of Tyne to Cobalt as well as a quicker version of getting from Jarrow Metro Northumberland Park metro and Percy Main and back to Jarrow Metro stations as well as hitting key working areas

It would also link with 307/309 /19/22 /Corridor and when the new line comes in a quicker link from Jarrow(south of Tyne) to Ashington

LVK 404L

Yesterday, 6:42 am #1,025
(Yesterday, 3:43 am)deanmachine I think most people would just take the ferry.

Depends on what ticket you have.

If you have a SNE only pass, you may not opt for the ferry and stick with bus.  Also depends on whereabouts on route you are.
Edited Yesterday, 6:43 am by LVK 404L.
LVK 404L
Yesterday, 6:42 am #1,025

(Yesterday, 3:43 am)deanmachine I think most people would just take the ferry.

Depends on what ticket you have.

If you have a SNE only pass, you may not opt for the ferry and stick with bus.  Also depends on whereabouts on route you are.

Storx

Yesterday, 7:28 am #1,026
(Yesterday, 6:42 am)LVK 404L Depends on what ticket you have.

Better to sort the ticketing problem out there though.

The Tunnel service should be connected to the 9 imo, the 10/11 is a dog leg route and there's nothing to note on either side why you'd want to use it.

Personally I'd always love to see the 57A from Ashington to Cramlington, 19 from Cramlington to Percy Main then the 9 from Jarrow to Sunderland all bolted together as one long route giving decent cross Tyne links and a reasonable link between Northumberland Park / Percy Main / Jarrow and Fellgate Metro stations.

People from Jarrow might actually want to go to Cobalt and Silverlink if a decent link was provided.
Edited Yesterday, 7:31 am by Storx.
Storx
Yesterday, 7:28 am #1,026

(Yesterday, 6:42 am)LVK 404L Depends on what ticket you have.

Better to sort the ticketing problem out there though.

The Tunnel service should be connected to the 9 imo, the 10/11 is a dog leg route and there's nothing to note on either side why you'd want to use it.

Personally I'd always love to see the 57A from Ashington to Cramlington, 19 from Cramlington to Percy Main then the 9 from Jarrow to Sunderland all bolted together as one long route giving decent cross Tyne links and a reasonable link between Northumberland Park / Percy Main / Jarrow and Fellgate Metro stations.

People from Jarrow might actually want to go to Cobalt and Silverlink if a decent link was provided.

Pages (52) Previous 150 51 52

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average