Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (51): Previous 128 29 3051 Next
Kuyoyo

06 May 2020, 1:19 pm #561
(06 May 2020, 12:23 pm)James101 I agree expanding the journeys possible using Tees Flex would be good for the entire region. I get the feeling Tees Flex is very consciously avoiding any clash with Stagecoach's commercial operation. The current Hartlepool zone is very restrictive, so the zone would need to be more flexible, threatening Stagecoach's commercial operation. Or passengers would need to travel into one of the small pick up zones, being just as inconvenient as the current requirement to change in Norton or Stockton.

The idea behind Tees Flex was to give areas that don't have a regular bus service a link to either the nearest location to connect into the Teesside network or a direct link to their nearest supermarket/hospital/town centre. Hence the restrictive Hartlepool zone - those are 'secondary' destination. The only 'primary' ones in Hartlepool zone are Hart (which now has the hourly Arriva 57), Elwick and Dalton Piercy. Wynyard also falls in the Hartlepool zone (as well as the Stockton/Darlington zone - the only example of a cross-zone location). Some of the 'Secondary' Destinations do leave something to be desired however - people in Wynyard and Wolviston wanting to go into Billingham Town Centre can't book that as a journey but they can travel to Billingham Railway Station. Another one - Summerville Tesco is listed as a 'secondary' destination but doesn't have one of the 'Bus Station' icons on the map (it's only recently been included in the zone as well!) and at one point after the launch, North Tees Hospital wasn't included as a destination - making it the only hospital not included originally.
Kuyoyo
06 May 2020, 1:19 pm #561

(06 May 2020, 12:23 pm)James101 I agree expanding the journeys possible using Tees Flex would be good for the entire region. I get the feeling Tees Flex is very consciously avoiding any clash with Stagecoach's commercial operation. The current Hartlepool zone is very restrictive, so the zone would need to be more flexible, threatening Stagecoach's commercial operation. Or passengers would need to travel into one of the small pick up zones, being just as inconvenient as the current requirement to change in Norton or Stockton.

The idea behind Tees Flex was to give areas that don't have a regular bus service a link to either the nearest location to connect into the Teesside network or a direct link to their nearest supermarket/hospital/town centre. Hence the restrictive Hartlepool zone - those are 'secondary' destination. The only 'primary' ones in Hartlepool zone are Hart (which now has the hourly Arriva 57), Elwick and Dalton Piercy. Wynyard also falls in the Hartlepool zone (as well as the Stockton/Darlington zone - the only example of a cross-zone location). Some of the 'Secondary' Destinations do leave something to be desired however - people in Wynyard and Wolviston wanting to go into Billingham Town Centre can't book that as a journey but they can travel to Billingham Railway Station. Another one - Summerville Tesco is listed as a 'secondary' destination but doesn't have one of the 'Bus Station' icons on the map (it's only recently been included in the zone as well!) and at one point after the launch, North Tees Hospital wasn't included as a destination - making it the only hospital not included originally.

James101

06 May 2020, 1:39 pm #562
(06 May 2020, 1:19 pm)Kuyoyo The idea behind Tees Flex was to give areas that don't have a regular bus service a link to either the nearest location to connect into the Teesside network or a direct link to their nearest supermarket/hospital/town centre. Hence the restrictive Hartlepool zone - those are 'secondary' destination. The only 'primary' ones in Hartlepool zone are Hart (which now has the hourly Arriva 57), Elwick and Dalton Piercy. Wynyard also falls in the Hartlepool zone (as well as the Stockton/Darlington zone - the only example of a cross-zone location). Some of the 'Secondary' Destinations do leave something to be desired however - people in Wynyard and Wolviston wanting to go into Billingham Town Centre can't book that as a journey but they can travel to Billingham Railway Station. Another one - Summerville Tesco is listed as a 'secondary' destination but doesn't have one of the 'Bus Station' icons on the map (it's only recently been included in the zone as well!) and at one point after the launch, North Tees Hospital wasn't included as a destination - making it the only hospital not included originally.

Yes I understand the principle of Tees Flex. I’m just not understand how it is the simple solution of improving access to North Tees if passengers are required to make a journey to a limited choice of secondary destinations to commence a journey. The only way to make this suggestion work would be to make all of Hartlepool a primary zone with North Tees as a secondary destination. This then would require a change in the tech to prevent people making journeys wholly within the primary zone (I.E Intra-Hartlepool journeys).
James101
06 May 2020, 1:39 pm #562

(06 May 2020, 1:19 pm)Kuyoyo The idea behind Tees Flex was to give areas that don't have a regular bus service a link to either the nearest location to connect into the Teesside network or a direct link to their nearest supermarket/hospital/town centre. Hence the restrictive Hartlepool zone - those are 'secondary' destination. The only 'primary' ones in Hartlepool zone are Hart (which now has the hourly Arriva 57), Elwick and Dalton Piercy. Wynyard also falls in the Hartlepool zone (as well as the Stockton/Darlington zone - the only example of a cross-zone location). Some of the 'Secondary' Destinations do leave something to be desired however - people in Wynyard and Wolviston wanting to go into Billingham Town Centre can't book that as a journey but they can travel to Billingham Railway Station. Another one - Summerville Tesco is listed as a 'secondary' destination but doesn't have one of the 'Bus Station' icons on the map (it's only recently been included in the zone as well!) and at one point after the launch, North Tees Hospital wasn't included as a destination - making it the only hospital not included originally.

Yes I understand the principle of Tees Flex. I’m just not understand how it is the simple solution of improving access to North Tees if passengers are required to make a journey to a limited choice of secondary destinations to commence a journey. The only way to make this suggestion work would be to make all of Hartlepool a primary zone with North Tees as a secondary destination. This then would require a change in the tech to prevent people making journeys wholly within the primary zone (I.E Intra-Hartlepool journeys).

tyresmoke

06 May 2020, 2:08 pm #563
Let’s not forget that the hospital shuttle bus is still running albeit on a very restrictive timetable that is no good for staff who used to use the service. It’s an opportunity that I’ve looked at but the NHS seem reluctant to look at despite a better service being possible than the current funded minibus.
I don’t think the market from Hartlepool is that big but certainly linking Billingham in would work better to make it pay. You’d probably have to work a school in with it too to make it worthwhile which then negates the effect of a standard timetable.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
06 May 2020, 2:08 pm #563

Let’s not forget that the hospital shuttle bus is still running albeit on a very restrictive timetable that is no good for staff who used to use the service. It’s an opportunity that I’ve looked at but the NHS seem reluctant to look at despite a better service being possible than the current funded minibus.
I don’t think the market from Hartlepool is that big but certainly linking Billingham in would work better to make it pay. You’d probably have to work a school in with it too to make it worthwhile which then negates the effect of a standard timetable.

James101

06 May 2020, 2:29 pm #564
(06 May 2020, 12:28 pm)Kuyoyo From a turn-up-and-go frequency to 4 buses an hour that won't be evenly spaced. You also fail to recall that the 35 and 38 swapped routes in Norton back in November and it's unlikely they will be swapped back over since the 35's reliability has seen an improvement since the change. So that means 2 stops (Red Lion plus another as the 37 will most likely have to go straight into Norton High Street) go from effectively 6 buses an hour direct to Middlesbrough (4 36s and 2 37s) to a bus every 30 minutes, while the rest of the stops go to 4 buses an hour direct effectively half what they currently have.
Not to mention the confusion this would cause along Norton High Street - instead of 4 buses an hour to Middlesbrough (6 an hour to Stockton) from one side, you'd have 2 an hour on the 38 to Middlesbrough and 2 35s to Stockton going from the current side of the road while the 37s towards Middlesbrough would be going from the opposite side to the 35/38. Not to mention in Roseworth - don't forget the 37 technically has the 15 for competition from Redhill Road Shops. People will use the first bus that gets there but if the 37 towards Stockton is going from the opposite side of the road to the 15, that's going to push passengers onto the 15 travelling towards Stockton (and connections for Middlesbrough in Stockton - another key area this 'idea' destroys, seeing as Arriva would boast the higher frequency from Stockton to Middlesbrough of 7 buses an hour vs Stagecoach's 6 buses whereas at present Stagecoach have the more frequent service).
Simple thing here - they aren't broken so why mess your regulars about for the sake of what might be a handful of passengers a week?
And as for the 36 replacing the 6 from Hartlepool to Clavering - just why? Why take that section off Hartlepool depot and give it to Stockton depot? The mess it would make of Stockton's duties (a shift on 36s during the week now can do 2 round trips in the maximum driving hours) plus the amount of route learning that would be needed. Was fine back when a handful of trips extended up to Clavering and Hart Village at peak time as the trips could be allocated to a set rota to reduce the number of drivers that needed route learning but if it goes up there all day, you're talking having to route learn every driver in the depot more-or-less. And what does that do for Hartlepool depot itself? It's already the smallest depot in the division in terms of allocation and PVR (South Shields' PVR and allocation pre-Covid-19 is only just higher than Hartlepool's - by 5) so by how much would having a 15 minutely 6 from Owton Manor to the Marina only reduce Hartlepool's 26 vehicle PVR down to? And if that is culled down further, is there much point in keeping Hartlepool depot open?
Simple solution is as I said - open North Tees Hospital as a destination on Tees Flex for the Hartlepool Zone as well as the Stockton and Darlington zone. If there are people wanting to travel from Hartlepool to North Tees, then that will give them a quick, flexible and direct link without messing with established corridors

Yes this is a down side but we are only talking about 5 bus stops over about a mile distance that still retain a high frequency to the nearest town centre. We're only talking about a reduction in service for passengers specifically wishing to travel to Middlesbrough. All stops still have a good service through to Stockton. Whilst I can see there's a demand for a turn up & go between Norton & Stockton and then Stockton & Middlesbrough I really don't believe a 6/7 min frequency for specifically Norton - Middlesbrough.

I understand your point re Redhill Road shops but I don't understand the logic behind claiming Arriva would be more popular as they offer connections to Middlesbrough in Stockton whilst also arguing the people of Norton desperately need all of their direct buses to Middlesbrough and wouldn't want to change in Stockton? I'm also not sure the frequency claims on the Stockton - Boro corridor would hold water as I don't think people would put the X12 in the fast bus category since the Teesside Park diversion. Every 10 minutes from the same bus stand in Middlesbrough Bus Station & Stockton (X66/7 & X22 are split across 2 stands) sells better. 

Edit: is the current 37 through Redhill shops a genuine competitor to Arriva through to Stockton? It's journey times through Norton make it an impractical choice vs the 15. The proposed change at least makes the 37 a reasonable alternative to Arriva as a fast bus down Durham Rd whilst keeping the links to Norton and new links through to Billingham and Hartlepool.

I'm of the opinion that Stagecoach's operation in Hartlepool should be more integrated with Teesside. All of the reasons you've listed for not integrating the 36/7 into the town services are oriented around the business and not the customer. This is the attitude that has led to the stale and decline in the bus industry. Even so, the extension to Clavering seems no more complex than when they were extended to Park End on the other end. With Stagecoach having an office and break facilities in Hartlepool Market place drivers shifts ands breaks shouldn't be too much of an issue. The network in the south of Hartlepool could be more efficient if the 36 was integrated into the town services rather than overlapping them. Should this lead to PVR reductions then yes, I do think Hartlepool should be downgraded to an outstation of Stockton - if this makes the operation more sustainable in the long term. Hartlepool and Stockton driver duties could be pooled with breaks at any rest point on the network (depots, bus stations or high streets) as long as start and end points were in the driver's 'home' town. 

(06 May 2020, 2:08 pm)tyresmoke Let’s not forget that the hospital shuttle bus is still running albeit on a very restrictive timetable that is no good for staff who used to use the service. It’s an opportunity that I’ve looked at but the NHS seem reluctant to look at despite a better service being possible than the current funded minibus.

This is the problem with a lot of NHS hospital shuttles. They tend to run directly between hospitals which is next to useless as very few staff or patients need to travel between hospitals during the same shift or appointment. If the point of the service is to provide access to jobs and services that have been transferred to another hospital, the service needs to pick up through the catchment area of the original hospital. 

Do the CCAD (or whatever they're called now) still run student buses from Teesside into Hartlepool? This could be something for them do do during the day?
James101
06 May 2020, 2:29 pm #564

(06 May 2020, 12:28 pm)Kuyoyo From a turn-up-and-go frequency to 4 buses an hour that won't be evenly spaced. You also fail to recall that the 35 and 38 swapped routes in Norton back in November and it's unlikely they will be swapped back over since the 35's reliability has seen an improvement since the change. So that means 2 stops (Red Lion plus another as the 37 will most likely have to go straight into Norton High Street) go from effectively 6 buses an hour direct to Middlesbrough (4 36s and 2 37s) to a bus every 30 minutes, while the rest of the stops go to 4 buses an hour direct effectively half what they currently have.
Not to mention the confusion this would cause along Norton High Street - instead of 4 buses an hour to Middlesbrough (6 an hour to Stockton) from one side, you'd have 2 an hour on the 38 to Middlesbrough and 2 35s to Stockton going from the current side of the road while the 37s towards Middlesbrough would be going from the opposite side to the 35/38. Not to mention in Roseworth - don't forget the 37 technically has the 15 for competition from Redhill Road Shops. People will use the first bus that gets there but if the 37 towards Stockton is going from the opposite side of the road to the 15, that's going to push passengers onto the 15 travelling towards Stockton (and connections for Middlesbrough in Stockton - another key area this 'idea' destroys, seeing as Arriva would boast the higher frequency from Stockton to Middlesbrough of 7 buses an hour vs Stagecoach's 6 buses whereas at present Stagecoach have the more frequent service).
Simple thing here - they aren't broken so why mess your regulars about for the sake of what might be a handful of passengers a week?
And as for the 36 replacing the 6 from Hartlepool to Clavering - just why? Why take that section off Hartlepool depot and give it to Stockton depot? The mess it would make of Stockton's duties (a shift on 36s during the week now can do 2 round trips in the maximum driving hours) plus the amount of route learning that would be needed. Was fine back when a handful of trips extended up to Clavering and Hart Village at peak time as the trips could be allocated to a set rota to reduce the number of drivers that needed route learning but if it goes up there all day, you're talking having to route learn every driver in the depot more-or-less. And what does that do for Hartlepool depot itself? It's already the smallest depot in the division in terms of allocation and PVR (South Shields' PVR and allocation pre-Covid-19 is only just higher than Hartlepool's - by 5) so by how much would having a 15 minutely 6 from Owton Manor to the Marina only reduce Hartlepool's 26 vehicle PVR down to? And if that is culled down further, is there much point in keeping Hartlepool depot open?
Simple solution is as I said - open North Tees Hospital as a destination on Tees Flex for the Hartlepool Zone as well as the Stockton and Darlington zone. If there are people wanting to travel from Hartlepool to North Tees, then that will give them a quick, flexible and direct link without messing with established corridors

Yes this is a down side but we are only talking about 5 bus stops over about a mile distance that still retain a high frequency to the nearest town centre. We're only talking about a reduction in service for passengers specifically wishing to travel to Middlesbrough. All stops still have a good service through to Stockton. Whilst I can see there's a demand for a turn up & go between Norton & Stockton and then Stockton & Middlesbrough I really don't believe a 6/7 min frequency for specifically Norton - Middlesbrough.

I understand your point re Redhill Road shops but I don't understand the logic behind claiming Arriva would be more popular as they offer connections to Middlesbrough in Stockton whilst also arguing the people of Norton desperately need all of their direct buses to Middlesbrough and wouldn't want to change in Stockton? I'm also not sure the frequency claims on the Stockton - Boro corridor would hold water as I don't think people would put the X12 in the fast bus category since the Teesside Park diversion. Every 10 minutes from the same bus stand in Middlesbrough Bus Station & Stockton (X66/7 & X22 are split across 2 stands) sells better. 

Edit: is the current 37 through Redhill shops a genuine competitor to Arriva through to Stockton? It's journey times through Norton make it an impractical choice vs the 15. The proposed change at least makes the 37 a reasonable alternative to Arriva as a fast bus down Durham Rd whilst keeping the links to Norton and new links through to Billingham and Hartlepool.

I'm of the opinion that Stagecoach's operation in Hartlepool should be more integrated with Teesside. All of the reasons you've listed for not integrating the 36/7 into the town services are oriented around the business and not the customer. This is the attitude that has led to the stale and decline in the bus industry. Even so, the extension to Clavering seems no more complex than when they were extended to Park End on the other end. With Stagecoach having an office and break facilities in Hartlepool Market place drivers shifts ands breaks shouldn't be too much of an issue. The network in the south of Hartlepool could be more efficient if the 36 was integrated into the town services rather than overlapping them. Should this lead to PVR reductions then yes, I do think Hartlepool should be downgraded to an outstation of Stockton - if this makes the operation more sustainable in the long term. Hartlepool and Stockton driver duties could be pooled with breaks at any rest point on the network (depots, bus stations or high streets) as long as start and end points were in the driver's 'home' town. 

(06 May 2020, 2:08 pm)tyresmoke Let’s not forget that the hospital shuttle bus is still running albeit on a very restrictive timetable that is no good for staff who used to use the service. It’s an opportunity that I’ve looked at but the NHS seem reluctant to look at despite a better service being possible than the current funded minibus.

This is the problem with a lot of NHS hospital shuttles. They tend to run directly between hospitals which is next to useless as very few staff or patients need to travel between hospitals during the same shift or appointment. If the point of the service is to provide access to jobs and services that have been transferred to another hospital, the service needs to pick up through the catchment area of the original hospital. 

Do the CCAD (or whatever they're called now) still run student buses from Teesside into Hartlepool? This could be something for them do do during the day?

tyresmoke

06 May 2020, 4:06 pm #565
(06 May 2020, 2:29 pm)James101 Yes this is a down side but we are only talking about 5 bus stops over about a mile distance that still retain a high frequency to the nearest town centre. We're only talking about a reduction in service for passengers specifically wishing to travel to Middlesbrough. All stops still have a good service through to Stockton. Whilst I can see there's a demand for a turn up & go between Norton & Stockton and then Stockton & Middlesbrough I really don't believe a 6/7 min frequency for specifically Norton - Middlesbrough.

Yes it's now the Northern School of Art, but I suspect they will be finishing once the new campus opens opposite the bus station similar to Middlesbrough College - though that was for a different reason (and they do run a network of dedicated services for students to college albeit smaller than before).
Using school buses to build a service commercially is often the best way to start - it's how I did it before and how I intend to do it again. The best way would be to run the St Michaels contracts which are closer to this potential operation, but that would depend on getting the contracts from the councils.

tyresmoke
06 May 2020, 4:06 pm #565

(06 May 2020, 2:29 pm)James101 Yes this is a down side but we are only talking about 5 bus stops over about a mile distance that still retain a high frequency to the nearest town centre. We're only talking about a reduction in service for passengers specifically wishing to travel to Middlesbrough. All stops still have a good service through to Stockton. Whilst I can see there's a demand for a turn up & go between Norton & Stockton and then Stockton & Middlesbrough I really don't believe a 6/7 min frequency for specifically Norton - Middlesbrough.

Yes it's now the Northern School of Art, but I suspect they will be finishing once the new campus opens opposite the bus station similar to Middlesbrough College - though that was for a different reason (and they do run a network of dedicated services for students to college albeit smaller than before).
Using school buses to build a service commercially is often the best way to start - it's how I did it before and how I intend to do it again. The best way would be to run the St Michaels contracts which are closer to this potential operation, but that would depend on getting the contracts from the councils.

col87

07 May 2020, 11:47 pm #566
The idea of shortening to the 6 and rerouting it the Marina and replacing it with the 36 and extended 37 is just daft.  Even now since the 36 was shortened in 2014 and then again in 2017 it still often runs 5 - 10 minutes late and often comes in twos so how would extending it to be the only cross town service help.  Clavering goes from a decent 10 minute service that is reliable to that service that already struggles to be on time.  It won't help.   

Revised ideas for stage coach Hartlepool / Teesside 

Hartlepool service 1 

High Tunstall - James Cook Hospital via Current route  except runs via Elizabeth Way and no longer serves Warrior Park.  Every 30 minutes still but runs limited stop from Middlesbrough Bus station to James Cook Hospital. 

Service 1A. High Tunstall - Seaton Carew 
runs Every 30 minutes via service 1 route except via Wiltshire Way and Warrior Park instead of Elizabeth Way.  

Service 2 Bishop Cuthbert - Seaton Carew 
Every 30 minutes will operate via Service 3 route between Bishop Cuthbert and Hart Lane but then via Chatham Road Raby Road then via Service 1 route to Seaton Carew 

Service 3/3A/4 
Service 3 will continue with current route but will go back to 30 minute frequency.  
Service 3A will operate as hourly Sunday and Evening service Between Bishop Cuthbert and Rift House only.  
Service 4 reinstated between South Fens and Clavering via Marina. 

Service 5/6 will continue as now but some journeys will be re numbered as service 5 and operate via Davison Drive, Warren Road, Winterbottom Avenue, Millbank Road, Broughm Terrace, Marina, Interchange, Victoria Road then as service 6 route to Owton Manor.    

Service 7 as now but some journeys to operate via Interchange. 

Teesside 

All services as now except 
Stockton. 
Service 13.  Hemlington - Stockton only.   Services towards Middlesbrough will be boarded from other side of Stockton High Street.  
58  Some journeys Extended to Salters Lane.

52 Extended to Teesside Park with New service 53 Low Grange - Portrack Lane via Stockton. Both will run every 20 Minutes with service 53 running via Billingham Green. 

Middlesbrough 
Service 11 Reinstated as a service every 30 minutes Monday - Saturday daytime only 

Service 39 withdrawn.  Replaced by new services 2 and 3 

New service 2 Middleheaven - James Cook Hospital via Middlesbrough and Park End 

Service 3 Teesside Park - Park End via Middlesbrough.  

Service 18 Middlesbrough - Salters Lane -  Stockton - Stillington.  

Service 20 Middlesbrough - A19 - Norton - North Tees Hospital - Wolviston Village - Wolviston Court - Billingham - Low Grange Estate - Greatham - Catcote Road- Oxford Road - Hartlepool Town Centre - University Hospital of Hartlepool   limited stop service.

(07 May 2020, 11:47 pm)col87 The idea of shortening to the 6 and rerouting it the Marina and replacing it with the 36 and extended 37 is just daft.  Even now since the 36 was shortened in 2014 and then again in 2017 it still often runs 5 - 10 minutes late and often comes in twos so how would extending it to be the only cross town service help.  Clavering goes from a decent 10 minute service that is reliable to that service that already struggles to be on time.  It won't help.   

Hartlepool service 1 

High Tunstall - James Cook Hospital via Current route  except runs via Elizabeth Way and no longer serves Warrior Park.  Every 30 minutes still but runs limited stop from Middlesbrough Bus station to James Cook Hospital. 

runs Every 30 minutes via service 1 route except via Wiltshire Way and Warrior Park instead of Elizabeth Way.  

Every 30 minutes will operate via Service 3 route between Bishop Cuthbert and Hart Lane but then via Chatham Road Raby Road then via Service 1 route to Seaton Carew 

Service 3/3A/4 
Service 3 will continue with current route but will go back to 30 minute frequency.  
Service 3A will operate as hourly Sunday and Evening service Between Bishop Cuthbert and Rift House only.  

Service 5/6 will continue as now but some journeys will be re numbered as service 5 and operate via Davison Drive, Warren Road, Winterbottom Avenue, Millbank Road, Broughm Terrace, Marina, Interchange, Victoria Road then as service 6 route to Owton Manor.    

Teesside 

Stockton. 
Service 13.  Hemlington - Stockton only.   Services towards Middlesbrough will be boarded from other side of Stockton High Street.  

52 Extended to Teesside Park with New service 53 Low Grange - Portrack Lane via Stockton. Both will run every 20 Minutes with service 53 running via Billingham Green. 

Middlesbrough 
Service 11 Reinstated as a service every 30 minutes Monday - Saturday daytime only 

Service 20 Middlesbrough - A19 - Norton - North Tees Hospital - Wolviston Village - Wolviston Court - Billingham - Low Grange Estate - Greatham - Catcote Road- Oxford Road - Hartlepool Town Centre - University Hospital of Hartlepool   limited stop service.
Will point out service 20 would be an hourly one year trial service to test demand.
Edited 07 May 2020, 11:52 pm by col87.
col87
07 May 2020, 11:47 pm #566

The idea of shortening to the 6 and rerouting it the Marina and replacing it with the 36 and extended 37 is just daft.  Even now since the 36 was shortened in 2014 and then again in 2017 it still often runs 5 - 10 minutes late and often comes in twos so how would extending it to be the only cross town service help.  Clavering goes from a decent 10 minute service that is reliable to that service that already struggles to be on time.  It won't help.   

Hartlepool service 1 

Service 3/3A/4 

Teesside 

Stockton. 

Middlesbrough 

(07 May 2020, 11:47 pm)col87 The idea of shortening to the 6 and rerouting it the Marina and replacing it with the 36 and extended 37 is just daft.  Even now since the 36 was shortened in 2014 and then again in 2017 it still often runs 5 - 10 minutes late and often comes in twos so how would extending it to be the only cross town service help.  Clavering goes from a decent 10 minute service that is reliable to that service that already struggles to be on time.  It won't help.   

Hartlepool service 1 

Service 3/3A/4 

Teesside 

Stockton. 

Middlesbrough 

Will point out service 20 would be an hourly one year trial service to test demand.

S830OFT

24 Jun 2020, 12:32 pm #567
Service Suggestions:

30: This service will be replaced by a revised X30 service, which will extend to Newcastle making the service more appealing to use by those in South Tyneside.

X24: This service will be extended to Darras Hall via the Airport to replace service X77/X78/X79. Services will continue with their normal frequency.

This service will also operate hourly on Sunday's, aswell as a revision to the final departure from Newcastle being changed to 21:00 to make it more flexible returning to Sunderland. The changes match the current frequency's of service X78, therefore offering many advantages, including later evening buses to Sunderland, aswell as a full hourly Sunday service between Sunderland, Newcastle, Airport and Darras Hall.

In Newcastle this service will observe Pilgrim Street and Saint Mary's Place in both directions. The service will no longer serve Eldon Square.

X24A: To ensure reliability this service will be revised to operate non-stop to Doxford International from Sunderland, this comes as a result of the continued congestion at the Broadway during peak times. This will help assist the reliability of this service, especially when the service will operate cross-city in Newcastle.

X30: This new service will replace the current service 30, with some minor changes to the route and timetable. With the extension to Newcastle, many more people will find this service useful compared to it's current mode of operating. Combining with service X34, means passengers from South Shields, Horsley, Harton and Boldon are more likely to choose this service as much as service X34 for their journeys.

Sunday and Evening journeys will continue in their current format, and will not serve Horsley Hill.

Route Map: South Shields - Westoe - Marsden Road - Horsley Hill - Harton Nook - Cleadon - East Boldon - Boldon Asda - A184 - Gateshead High Street - Newcastle

X34: This service will be reduced to hourly, although will be revised to operate to South Shields Interchange and operate in both directions via Marsden and Horsley Hill. This service will be combined with service X30 to offer 2 buses per hour between South Shields, Horsley Hill, Harton Nook, Boldon, Gateshead and Newcastle.

Route Map: South Shields - Westoe - Marsden Road - Horsley Hill - Harton Nook - Whitleas - Boldon Asda - A184 - Gateshead High Street - Newcastle

X77/78/79: Withdrawn, replaced by an extended X24/X24A service offering improved Cross-City links to Gateshead and Sunderland.

These changes would make travelling across the region more easier, aswell as more convenient without the need to change buses for journeys now. The introduction of new direct express services from South Shields to Newcastle will make journeys much more easier, without having to catch a local bus to connect with the Newcastle service.

S830OFT
24 Jun 2020, 12:32 pm #567

Service Suggestions:

30: This service will be replaced by a revised X30 service, which will extend to Newcastle making the service more appealing to use by those in South Tyneside.

X24: This service will be extended to Darras Hall via the Airport to replace service X77/X78/X79. Services will continue with their normal frequency.

This service will also operate hourly on Sunday's, aswell as a revision to the final departure from Newcastle being changed to 21:00 to make it more flexible returning to Sunderland. The changes match the current frequency's of service X78, therefore offering many advantages, including later evening buses to Sunderland, aswell as a full hourly Sunday service between Sunderland, Newcastle, Airport and Darras Hall.

In Newcastle this service will observe Pilgrim Street and Saint Mary's Place in both directions. The service will no longer serve Eldon Square.

X24A: To ensure reliability this service will be revised to operate non-stop to Doxford International from Sunderland, this comes as a result of the continued congestion at the Broadway during peak times. This will help assist the reliability of this service, especially when the service will operate cross-city in Newcastle.

X30: This new service will replace the current service 30, with some minor changes to the route and timetable. With the extension to Newcastle, many more people will find this service useful compared to it's current mode of operating. Combining with service X34, means passengers from South Shields, Horsley, Harton and Boldon are more likely to choose this service as much as service X34 for their journeys.

Sunday and Evening journeys will continue in their current format, and will not serve Horsley Hill.

Route Map: South Shields - Westoe - Marsden Road - Horsley Hill - Harton Nook - Cleadon - East Boldon - Boldon Asda - A184 - Gateshead High Street - Newcastle

X34: This service will be reduced to hourly, although will be revised to operate to South Shields Interchange and operate in both directions via Marsden and Horsley Hill. This service will be combined with service X30 to offer 2 buses per hour between South Shields, Horsley Hill, Harton Nook, Boldon, Gateshead and Newcastle.

Route Map: South Shields - Westoe - Marsden Road - Horsley Hill - Harton Nook - Whitleas - Boldon Asda - A184 - Gateshead High Street - Newcastle

X77/78/79: Withdrawn, replaced by an extended X24/X24A service offering improved Cross-City links to Gateshead and Sunderland.

These changes would make travelling across the region more easier, aswell as more convenient without the need to change buses for journeys now. The introduction of new direct express services from South Shields to Newcastle will make journeys much more easier, without having to catch a local bus to connect with the Newcastle service.

24 Jun 2020, 1:36 pm #568
X30 and X34 will probably lose out still to the metro. X24 idea is good though.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
24 Jun 2020, 1:36 pm #568

X30 and X34 will probably lose out still to the metro. X24 idea is good though.

24 Jun 2020, 1:48 pm #569
Have Stagecoach Ever Operated a Regular Service in Washington?

ASX_Terranova
24 Jun 2020, 1:48 pm #569

Have Stagecoach Ever Operated a Regular Service in Washington?

Andreos1

25 Jun 2020, 11:19 am #570
(24 Jun 2020, 1:48 pm)ASX_Terranova Have Stagecoach Ever Operated a Regular Service in Washington?

Favourite had a service which ran through the Galleries. 
Vaguelly remember Busways having a TWPTE/Nexus contract for the 186 on a Sunday morning. Think that's been it.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 Jun 2020, 11:19 am #570

(24 Jun 2020, 1:48 pm)ASX_Terranova Have Stagecoach Ever Operated a Regular Service in Washington?

Favourite had a service which ran through the Galleries. 
Vaguelly remember Busways having a TWPTE/Nexus contract for the 186 on a Sunday morning. Think that's been it.

cbma06

25 Jun 2020, 11:21 am #571
(25 Jun 2020, 11:19 am)Andreos1 Favourite had a service which ran through the Galleries. 

I forgot about the Favourite service 33, low pittington-Galleries-metrocentre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
25 Jun 2020, 11:21 am #571

(25 Jun 2020, 11:19 am)Andreos1 Favourite had a service which ran through the Galleries. 

I forgot about the Favourite service 33, low pittington-Galleries-metrocentre

tyresmoke

25 Jun 2020, 4:43 pm #572
They are at the moment with a few trips on service 939?

tyresmoke
25 Jun 2020, 4:43 pm #572

They are at the moment with a few trips on service 939?

Andreos1

25 Jun 2020, 4:50 pm #573
(25 Jun 2020, 4:43 pm)tyresmoke They are at the moment with a few trips on service 939?

Forgot all about that! Never used it, but seen it a few times.

Andreos1
25 Jun 2020, 4:50 pm #573

(25 Jun 2020, 4:43 pm)tyresmoke They are at the moment with a few trips on service 939?

Forgot all about that! Never used it, but seen it a few times.

V514DFT

04 Jul 2020, 9:56 am #574
12 Extended to the Cobalt via High Street East-Archer Street-Coniston Road-Ridley Avenue-Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate-Silverlink-Cobalt Exchange-Cobalt

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
04 Jul 2020, 9:56 am #574

12 Extended to the Cobalt via High Street East-Archer Street-Coniston Road-Ridley Avenue-Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate-Silverlink-Cobalt Exchange-Cobalt

Kind Regards
Tez

S830OFT

19 Jul 2020, 1:16 pm #575
30/X20 Suggestion: These services will be revised to operate as the 30/30A circular services.

30: This service will operate clockwise via Harton Nook, Cleadon, East Boldon, Boldon, Fellgate, Simonside, Tyne Dock.

30A: This service will operate anti-clockwise via Tyne Dock, Simonside, Fellgate, Boldon, East Boldon, Cleadon, Harton Nook.

Both of these services will operate hourly, although together will have a service depart Shields Interchange every 30 minutes.

Changes to the operation of service:
Services will be operated out of South Shields.
Driver changeovers will take place at Chichester.
Services will interwork with service 12 at South Shields on Mon - Sat daytimes.
Reallocation of Enviro 200s.
PVR of service 12/30/30A will be 4 (no increase or decrease)

Benefits:
Reintroduction of 2 buses per hour between Boldon and Fellgate to South Shields.
Delays to service reduced, by interworking with service 12.
Better connections with service X34 to Newcastle from Boldon.
No increase in vehicle's being used at any given time.
Better quality of vehicle's with Wi-Fi available, making the service more attractive to use.

Frequency:
Mon - Sat daytimes: (30 hourly, 30A hourly)
Mon - Sun evenings (30/30A current frequency)
Sunday (Current frequency)

Notes:
On Evenings and Sunday's these services will NOT interwork with service 12.

S830OFT
19 Jul 2020, 1:16 pm #575

30/X20 Suggestion: These services will be revised to operate as the 30/30A circular services.

30: This service will operate clockwise via Harton Nook, Cleadon, East Boldon, Boldon, Fellgate, Simonside, Tyne Dock.

30A: This service will operate anti-clockwise via Tyne Dock, Simonside, Fellgate, Boldon, East Boldon, Cleadon, Harton Nook.

Both of these services will operate hourly, although together will have a service depart Shields Interchange every 30 minutes.

Changes to the operation of service:
Services will be operated out of South Shields.
Driver changeovers will take place at Chichester.
Services will interwork with service 12 at South Shields on Mon - Sat daytimes.
Reallocation of Enviro 200s.
PVR of service 12/30/30A will be 4 (no increase or decrease)

Benefits:
Reintroduction of 2 buses per hour between Boldon and Fellgate to South Shields.
Delays to service reduced, by interworking with service 12.
Better connections with service X34 to Newcastle from Boldon.
No increase in vehicle's being used at any given time.
Better quality of vehicle's with Wi-Fi available, making the service more attractive to use.

Frequency:
Mon - Sat daytimes: (30 hourly, 30A hourly)
Mon - Sun evenings (30/30A current frequency)
Sunday (Current frequency)

Notes:
On Evenings and Sunday's these services will NOT interwork with service 12.

20 Sep 2020, 6:27 pm #576
Does anyone have a photo of the Sunderland Night Bus (100)

ASX_Terranova
20 Sep 2020, 6:27 pm #576

Does anyone have a photo of the Sunderland Night Bus (100)

LVK 404L

20 Sep 2020, 6:40 pm #577
(20 Sep 2020, 6:27 pm)ASX_Terranova Does anyone have a photo of the Sunderland Night Bus (100)
Wrong thread. But ta da
Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20200920-193551_Chrome.jpg
Size: 454.34 KB / Downloads: 67
LVK 404L
20 Sep 2020, 6:40 pm #577

(20 Sep 2020, 6:27 pm)ASX_Terranova Does anyone have a photo of the Sunderland Night Bus (100)
Wrong thread. But ta da

Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20200920-193551_Chrome.jpg
Size: 454.34 KB / Downloads: 67

cbma06

21 Sep 2020, 9:03 am #578
(20 Sep 2020, 6:40 pm)ifm001 Wrong thread. But ta da

I’m sure the bus allocated to the 100 used to do the first 104 from Doxford Park

cbma06
21 Sep 2020, 9:03 am #578

I’m sure the bus allocated to the 100 used to do the first 104 from Doxford Park

21 Sep 2020, 9:31 am #579

Any idea why it doesn't run anymore

ASX_Terranova
21 Sep 2020, 9:31 am #579

Any idea why it doesn't run anymore

Benny

21 Sep 2020, 12:56 pm #580
Stagecoach in Hartlepool

1/2 - Throston Drive, Marina, Town Centre, Foggy Furze, Seaton Carew, Port Clarence then

1 - Newport Road, Middlesbrough Bus Station (current route)
2- Portrack Lane, Stockton High Street (new extension)

Service to run combined every 15 minutes

During summer months:
2s - Seaton Carew, Tees Port Nature Reserve, Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park, Marsh House Avenue, Billingham Town Centre, Billingham Beck, Norton Road, Stockton High Street, Ropner Park, Preston Park

Every hour potentially open top bus
Benny
21 Sep 2020, 12:56 pm #580

Stagecoach in Hartlepool

1/2 - Throston Drive, Marina, Town Centre, Foggy Furze, Seaton Carew, Port Clarence then

1 - Newport Road, Middlesbrough Bus Station (current route)
2- Portrack Lane, Stockton High Street (new extension)

Service to run combined every 15 minutes

During summer months:
2s - Seaton Carew, Tees Port Nature Reserve, Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park, Marsh House Avenue, Billingham Town Centre, Billingham Beck, Norton Road, Stockton High Street, Ropner Park, Preston Park

Every hour potentially open top bus

Pages (51): Previous 128 29 3051 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average