Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 1 2 3 452 Next
Acky81

27 Sep 2013, 4:09 pm #41
That will never happen Michael 16 20 and 23 dominate. I wish all the old routes would return tho
Acky81
27 Sep 2013, 4:09 pm #41

That will never happen Michael 16 20 and 23 dominate. I wish all the old routes would return tho

Michael

27 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm #42
It won't but it was a good route the old 21 route used to use it all time. Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm #42

It won't but it was a good route the old 21 route used to use it all time. Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

27 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm #43
(27 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm)Michael It won't but it was a good route the old 21 route used to use it all time. Sad

Yep, I used to use the service from Grindon and Thorney Close, years and years ago, a new gaffer started at the wheatsheaf and the person streamlined all the bus services, used to like getting on the 17,21,25 etc.., don't think there ever come back as stagecoach was doing cut backs and saving money at the time, Stagecoach are just content of having these bus services there got now, should run a service connecting Sunderland with Hartlepool, linking all the divisons up.

cbma06
27 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm #43

(27 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm)Michael It won't but it was a good route the old 21 route used to use it all time. Sad

Yep, I used to use the service from Grindon and Thorney Close, years and years ago, a new gaffer started at the wheatsheaf and the person streamlined all the bus services, used to like getting on the 17,21,25 etc.., don't think there ever come back as stagecoach was doing cut backs and saving money at the time, Stagecoach are just content of having these bus services there got now, should run a service connecting Sunderland with Hartlepool, linking all the divisons up.

27 Sep 2013, 7:46 pm #44
(27 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm)cbma06 Yep, I used to use the service from Grindon and Thorney Close, years and years ago, a new gaffer started at the wheatsheaf and the person streamlined all the bus services, used to like getting on the 17,21,25 etc.., don't think there ever come back as stagecoach was doing cut backs and saving money at the time, Stagecoach are just content of having these bus services there got now, should run a service connecting Sunderland with Hartlepool, linking all the divisons up.

I've often thought Stagecoach should look at running a Sunderland-Newcastle express connecting those operations, and capitalising on the fact that GNE cant seem to find a model that works between these places. But, with very few exceptions (X34 springing to mind), Stagecoach haven't really gone for expansion beyond the old Busways operations, even within localities.
stagecoachbusdepot
27 Sep 2013, 7:46 pm #44

(27 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm)cbma06 Yep, I used to use the service from Grindon and Thorney Close, years and years ago, a new gaffer started at the wheatsheaf and the person streamlined all the bus services, used to like getting on the 17,21,25 etc.., don't think there ever come back as stagecoach was doing cut backs and saving money at the time, Stagecoach are just content of having these bus services there got now, should run a service connecting Sunderland with Hartlepool, linking all the divisons up.

I've often thought Stagecoach should look at running a Sunderland-Newcastle express connecting those operations, and capitalising on the fact that GNE cant seem to find a model that works between these places. But, with very few exceptions (X34 springing to mind), Stagecoach haven't really gone for expansion beyond the old Busways operations, even within localities.

Michael

27 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm #45
I really think a Sunderland - Newcastle stagecoach bus would work - Offer a good deal

Sunderland mega rider - All Sunderland Services + E services + the X5 to Newcastle.. for example

Any idea of a route it could use?

I would leave it in stagecoach - Basically the X36 route till Downhill - ASDA - then follow the X34 route? - Hourly at first then - half hourly if it works out?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm #45

I really think a Sunderland - Newcastle stagecoach bus would work - Offer a good deal

Sunderland mega rider - All Sunderland Services + E services + the X5 to Newcastle.. for example

I would leave it in stagecoach - Basically the X36 route till Downhill - ASDA - then follow the X34 route? - Hourly at first then - half hourly if it works out?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

27 Sep 2013, 7:59 pm #46
(27 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm)Michael I really think a Sunderland - Newcastle stagecoach bus would work - Offer a good deal

I'd rather see it use Chester Road to the Hastings Hill then express via A19/A184, stopping at Heworth, Gateshead, Newcastle. But to be honest, I think any route connecting Sunderland & Newcastle would be good - and would offer fantastic value on the dayrider/megarider (which is probably why we dont have such a route!)

I did suggest something similar to SNE when GNE pulled the X2 a few years ago - got some nonsense reply that because they dont currently operate between Sun & Ncl it would cost too much to start doing so. I could understand this for e.g. Sun - Darlington as they have no depot down there so a breakdown would be a nightmare...but they have depots in Newcastle and in Sunderland so I don't see the issue.
stagecoachbusdepot
27 Sep 2013, 7:59 pm #46

(27 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm)Michael I really think a Sunderland - Newcastle stagecoach bus would work - Offer a good deal

I'd rather see it use Chester Road to the Hastings Hill then express via A19/A184, stopping at Heworth, Gateshead, Newcastle. But to be honest, I think any route connecting Sunderland & Newcastle would be good - and would offer fantastic value on the dayrider/megarider (which is probably why we dont have such a route!)

I did suggest something similar to SNE when GNE pulled the X2 a few years ago - got some nonsense reply that because they dont currently operate between Sun & Ncl it would cost too much to start doing so. I could understand this for e.g. Sun - Darlington as they have no depot down there so a breakdown would be a nightmare...but they have depots in Newcastle and in Sunderland so I don't see the issue.

Michael

09 Oct 2013, 9:44 am #47
Right so as it's just being confirmed Sunderland are to get 23 more Gas buses on top of the 17 already confirmed.

Link here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...-table.pdf - Bottom of the page.

My suggestions - Once all here =)

The first 17 will be going on the - These i note are Confirmed.
Service 16 - 10 PVR
Service 20 - 5 PVR
2 Spare - For re-fueling etc

Next 23 i think will end up on the (Not Confirmed for services)

Service 4 - 11 PVR
Service 10/11 - 10 PVR

All in Total -

36/40 would be out on the road - 4 spares (to take over for Re-fueling etc)

21 E200's..

Service 3 - 8 PVR
Service 5/5A - 3 PVR
Service 8 - 2 PVR
Service 23 - 8 PVR

Current E200 - 20 of them

Service 12 - 4 PVR
Service 13 - 11 PVR
Service 18/19 - 6 PVR + (1 Dart)

Spares will be all newer Man's.

Mark my words, ill be wrong haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Oct 2013, 9:44 am #47

Right so as it's just being confirmed Sunderland are to get 23 more Gas buses on top of the 17 already confirmed.

Link here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...-table.pdf - Bottom of the page.

My suggestions - Once all here =)

The first 17 will be going on the - These i note are Confirmed.
Service 16 - 10 PVR
Service 20 - 5 PVR
2 Spare - For re-fueling etc

Next 23 i think will end up on the (Not Confirmed for services)

Service 4 - 11 PVR
Service 10/11 - 10 PVR

All in Total -

36/40 would be out on the road - 4 spares (to take over for Re-fueling etc)

21 E200's..

Service 3 - 8 PVR
Service 5/5A - 3 PVR
Service 8 - 2 PVR
Service 23 - 8 PVR

Current E200 - 20 of them

Service 12 - 4 PVR
Service 13 - 11 PVR
Service 18/19 - 6 PVR + (1 Dart)

Spares will be all newer Man's.

Mark my words, ill be wrong haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

13 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm #48
Just been looking back through the Quality Contracts Thread to find the post with all the Liveries etc which on Post 109 Page 11. And I noticed this.

Stagecoach in Newcastle Service 40 - Chapel House - Newcastle -
Byker - Walker - Wallsend, is in the same "Lot" as GNE Service 40 - Wallsend - Battle Hill - Hadrian Park.

So if Stagecoach for example were to Win Lot 1 if the Quality Contracts Scheme goes ahead could we then see the GNE 40 Scrapped and the Stagecoach 40 extended to Hadrian Park from Wallsend
Malarkey
13 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm #48

Just been looking back through the Quality Contracts Thread to find the post with all the Liveries etc which on Post 109 Page 11. And I noticed this.

Byker - Walker - Wallsend, is in the same "Lot" as GNE Service 40 - Wallsend - Battle Hill - Hadrian Park.

So if Stagecoach for example were to Win Lot 1 if the Quality Contracts Scheme goes ahead could we then see the GNE 40 Scrapped and the Stagecoach 40 extended to Hadrian Park from Wallsend

Mark1

13 Oct 2013, 3:32 pm #49
(13 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm)Adam Malarkey Just been looking back through the Quality Contracts Thread to find the post with all the Liveries etc which on Post 109 Page 11. And I noticed this.

Wasn't the GNE 40/41 changed to a circular service earlier this year to allow for people travelling between Howdon and Battle Hill to do so.
Mark1
13 Oct 2013, 3:32 pm #49

(13 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm)Adam Malarkey Just been looking back through the Quality Contracts Thread to find the post with all the Liveries etc which on Post 109 Page 11. And I noticed this.

Wasn't the GNE 40/41 changed to a circular service earlier this year to allow for people travelling between Howdon and Battle Hill to do so.

cbma06

13 Oct 2013, 4:09 pm #50

its just like the other allocated "lot" for Sunderland area, If GNE bids for the Sunderland "lot" then Stagecoach wont be running any bus services in Sunderland area, unless there bid for the works and scholars services.

if Stagecoach is unsuccessful for bids in Sunderland area then maybe the bus depot at Wheatsheaf will fall into the hands of the Council then go into the hands of GNE to run the Stagecoach bus service routes after the QCS comes into force.

Stagecoach wont be able to knock the Wheatsheaf depot down as you will need planning permission for this and I don't think the the council will be approving the demoltion of the depot, as the local councils are in favour of the QCS, and no house builders will not purchase the depot neither as there will know that there wont get permission to built homes on the land as yet again the council will not approve planning permission. (Same situation as the Vaux site when Tesco had planning permission turned down several times from the council).

cbma06
13 Oct 2013, 4:09 pm #50

its just like the other allocated "lot" for Sunderland area, If GNE bids for the Sunderland "lot" then Stagecoach wont be running any bus services in Sunderland area, unless there bid for the works and scholars services.

if Stagecoach is unsuccessful for bids in Sunderland area then maybe the bus depot at Wheatsheaf will fall into the hands of the Council then go into the hands of GNE to run the Stagecoach bus service routes after the QCS comes into force.

Stagecoach wont be able to knock the Wheatsheaf depot down as you will need planning permission for this and I don't think the the council will be approving the demoltion of the depot, as the local councils are in favour of the QCS, and no house builders will not purchase the depot neither as there will know that there wont get permission to built homes on the land as yet again the council will not approve planning permission. (Same situation as the Vaux site when Tesco had planning permission turned down several times from the council).

Michael

13 Oct 2013, 4:20 pm #51
(13 Oct 2013, 4:09 pm)cbma06 its just like the other allocated "lot" for Sunderland area, If GNE bids for the Sunderland "lot" then Stagecoach wont be running any bus services in Sunderland area, unless there bid for the works and scholars services.

If it does go ahead, i do hope it doesn't, i want stagecoach to go for Lot 3 (My Area).

Stagecoach could run it with Gas buses and Enviro's alone. =D

Atm their are 260 Enviro's at Stagecoach North East (Not Including 12000)

We also have 40 Gas buses soon.

Stagecoach could also bid on some NEXUS/school contract's such as the 73 etc - They could use most of the spare enviro's on them services - all spares for the fleet would be enviro to.

Would be interesting to see what buses would run on what services?
Edited 13 Oct 2013, 4:21 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Oct 2013, 4:20 pm #51

(13 Oct 2013, 4:09 pm)cbma06 its just like the other allocated "lot" for Sunderland area, If GNE bids for the Sunderland "lot" then Stagecoach wont be running any bus services in Sunderland area, unless there bid for the works and scholars services.

If it does go ahead, i do hope it doesn't, i want stagecoach to go for Lot 3 (My Area).

Stagecoach could also bid on some NEXUS/school contract's such as the 73 etc - They could use most of the spare enviro's on them services - all spares for the fleet would be enviro to.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

13 Oct 2013, 4:31 pm #52
(13 Oct 2013, 4:20 pm)Michael If it does go ahead, i do hope it doesn't, i want stagecoach to go for Lot 3 (My Area).

You may see deckers in Sunderland too Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Oct 2013, 4:31 pm #52

(13 Oct 2013, 4:20 pm)Michael If it does go ahead, i do hope it doesn't, i want stagecoach to go for Lot 3 (My Area).

You may see deckers in Sunderland too Wink

Michael

13 Oct 2013, 4:34 pm #53
(13 Oct 2013, 4:31 pm)Andreos1 You may see deckers in Sunderland too Wink

We could see them more often if NEXUS has their way.

I'm happy with the Enviro's atm, will be even happier when we get the gas buses. =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Oct 2013, 4:34 pm #53

(13 Oct 2013, 4:31 pm)Andreos1 You may see deckers in Sunderland too Wink

We could see them more often if NEXUS has their way.

I'm happy with the Enviro's atm, will be even happier when we get the gas buses. =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

13 Oct 2013, 4:52 pm #54
You never know that maybe Arriva might bid on the Sunderland Lot, or even maybe FirstBus could bid on any of the lots that come available, if Firstbus have the buses to cover the services.

And maybe you might see boris buses doing the internal bus services inside of Newcastle lol lol.

cbma06
13 Oct 2013, 4:52 pm #54

You never know that maybe Arriva might bid on the Sunderland Lot, or even maybe FirstBus could bid on any of the lots that come available, if Firstbus have the buses to cover the services.

And maybe you might see boris buses doing the internal bus services inside of Newcastle lol lol.

Michael

13 Oct 2013, 5:12 pm #55
Made a random list of where each bus could go If stagecoach got lot 3 what buses they could use:

2A/2C – 8 buses – 8 Gas buses
3 – 9 buses – E200
4 – 11 buses – E200
5/5A – 3 buses – E200
8/78/78A– 13 buses – E300
8 (Sta) – 2 buses – E200
9 – 4 buses – E200
10/11 – 10 buses – E200
12 – 4 buses – E200
13 – 11 buses – E200
16 – 10 buses – 10 Gas buses
18/19 – 6 buses – E200
20 – 5 buses – 5 Gas buses
20/20A/X20 – 12 buses – E400
21/N21 – 17 buses – E400H
23 – 8 buses – 8 gas buses
26/26A – 4 buses – E200
28/28A- 5 buses – E200
35/35A/B/C – 18 buses – E400
36 – 4 buses – E200
38 – 2? buses – E200
39 – 8 buses – E200
42 – 5 buses – Gas buses
43/44 – 14 buses - E400
45/46 – 9 buses - E400
50/50A – 6 buses – E400
56 – 16 buses – E400
60 – 8 buses – E200
61 – 5 buses – E200
71 – 2 buses – E200
99 – 2 buses – E200
X1 – 1 bus – E300
X3/ X36 – 5 buses? – E200
X25 – 5 buses – E400
X30/X31/X70/X71 – 9 buses – E400H
X35 – 6 buses – E300
X88 - 1 bus – E400
------------
10 Spare E400’s
2 Spare Gas buses

It's fun so don't take it serious

Would be interesting if Arriva did bid for LOT 3, would like to see Arriva running its home town services.

Yet to ride a Pulsar, Temsa or the Gas buses
Edited 13 Oct 2013, 5:15 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Oct 2013, 5:12 pm #55

Made a random list of where each bus could go If stagecoach got lot 3 what buses they could use:

2A/2C – 8 buses – 8 Gas buses
3 – 9 buses – E200
4 – 11 buses – E200
5/5A – 3 buses – E200
8/78/78A– 13 buses – E300
8 (Sta) – 2 buses – E200
9 – 4 buses – E200
10/11 – 10 buses – E200
12 – 4 buses – E200
13 – 11 buses – E200
16 – 10 buses – 10 Gas buses
18/19 – 6 buses – E200
20 – 5 buses – 5 Gas buses
20/20A/X20 – 12 buses – E400
21/N21 – 17 buses – E400H
23 – 8 buses – 8 gas buses
26/26A – 4 buses – E200
28/28A- 5 buses – E200
35/35A/B/C – 18 buses – E400
36 – 4 buses – E200
38 – 2? buses – E200
39 – 8 buses – E200
42 – 5 buses – Gas buses
43/44 – 14 buses - E400
45/46 – 9 buses - E400
50/50A – 6 buses – E400
56 – 16 buses – E400
60 – 8 buses – E200
61 – 5 buses – E200
71 – 2 buses – E200
99 – 2 buses – E200
X1 – 1 bus – E300
X3/ X36 – 5 buses? – E200
X25 – 5 buses – E400
X30/X31/X70/X71 – 9 buses – E400H
X35 – 6 buses – E300
X88 - 1 bus – E400
------------
10 Spare E400’s
2 Spare Gas buses

It's fun so don't take it serious

Would be interesting if Arriva did bid for LOT 3, would like to see Arriva running its home town services.

Yet to ride a Pulsar, Temsa or the Gas buses

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

13 Oct 2013, 5:39 pm #56
It's ok if you live in Sunderland like Michael as you won't be affected that much if say Stagecoach were to win that lot of Services. But if you your me and your living in Washington you looking at Potentially 2 Operators operating the Local Services.

2A/2C – Lot 3
8 – Lot 3
50/50A – Lot 3
M1 – Lot 2
M2/M3 – Lot 2
W5/W6 – Lot 2
X1/X1A – Lot 2
X88 – Lot 3

And the only other Services I use are - X66 Lot 2 - 62/63 Lot 1 - 21 Lot 3 and 10 Lot 3. So really I'm in a Lose/Lose Situation when comes to the proposed changes. Only real bonus is I wouldn't have to change Operators when going to the Eye Infirmary in Sunderland.
Malarkey
13 Oct 2013, 5:39 pm #56

It's ok if you live in Sunderland like Michael as you won't be affected that much if say Stagecoach were to win that lot of Services. But if you your me and your living in Washington you looking at Potentially 2 Operators operating the Local Services.

2A/2C – Lot 3
8 – Lot 3
50/50A – Lot 3
M1 – Lot 2
M2/M3 – Lot 2
W5/W6 – Lot 2
X1/X1A – Lot 2
X88 – Lot 3

And the only other Services I use are - X66 Lot 2 - 62/63 Lot 1 - 21 Lot 3 and 10 Lot 3. So really I'm in a Lose/Lose Situation when comes to the proposed changes. Only real bonus is I wouldn't have to change Operators when going to the Eye Infirmary in Sunderland.

Michael

13 Oct 2013, 5:40 pm #57
(13 Oct 2013, 5:39 pm)Adam Malarkey It's ok if you live in Sunderland like Michael as you won't be affected that much if say Stagecoach were to win that lot of Services. But if you your me and your living in Washington you looking at Potentially 2 Operators operating the Local Services.

2A/2C – Lot 3
8 – Lot 3
50/50A – Lot 3
M1 – Lot 2
M2/M3 – Lot 2
W5/W6 – Lot 2
X1/X1A – Lot 2
X88 – Lot 3

Ye it seems Washington is gonna be a split, which is rubbish but least you can use a pass on all services.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Oct 2013, 5:40 pm #57

(13 Oct 2013, 5:39 pm)Adam Malarkey It's ok if you live in Sunderland like Michael as you won't be affected that much if say Stagecoach were to win that lot of Services. But if you your me and your living in Washington you looking at Potentially 2 Operators operating the Local Services.

2A/2C – Lot 3
8 – Lot 3
50/50A – Lot 3
M1 – Lot 2
M2/M3 – Lot 2
W5/W6 – Lot 2
X1/X1A – Lot 2
X88 – Lot 3

Ye it seems Washington is gonna be a split, which is rubbish but least you can use a pass on all services.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

13 Oct 2013, 5:41 pm #58

2A/2C – Lot 3
8 – Lot 3
50/50A – Lot 3
M1 – Lot 2
M2/M3 – Lot 2
W5/W6 – Lot 2
X1/X1A – Lot 2
X88 – Lot 3

Is it the same with North Tyneside?
Tom
13 Oct 2013, 5:41 pm #58

2A/2C – Lot 3
8 – Lot 3
50/50A – Lot 3
M1 – Lot 2
M2/M3 – Lot 2
W5/W6 – Lot 2
X1/X1A – Lot 2
X88 – Lot 3

Is it the same with North Tyneside?

Andreos1

13 Oct 2013, 5:48 pm #59
What difference does it make if two (or three operators) have the contract across a particular area?
I'm not being flippant or trying to start an argument by any means, but as a customer you have one pass which entitles you to use whoever and as an enthusiast, a whole range of vehicles you may not get to ride normally.

Andreos1
13 Oct 2013, 5:48 pm #59

What difference does it make if two (or three operators) have the contract across a particular area?
I'm not being flippant or trying to start an argument by any means, but as a customer you have one pass which entitles you to use whoever and as an enthusiast, a whole range of vehicles you may not get to ride normally.

Michael

13 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm #60
(13 Oct 2013, 5:48 pm)Andreos1 What difference does it make if two (or three operators) have the contract across a particular area?

Your not so don't worry, it will be great, here's a twist though;

What if 1 company got 2 contracts?

Such as Arriva got Lot 1 and 2
Stagecoach got Lot 3
And GNE only got NEXUS contracts and School Buses?

It might happen!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm #60

(13 Oct 2013, 5:48 pm)Andreos1 What difference does it make if two (or three operators) have the contract across a particular area?

Your not so don't worry, it will be great, here's a twist though;

What if 1 company got 2 contracts?

Such as Arriva got Lot 1 and 2
Stagecoach got Lot 3
And GNE only got NEXUS contracts and School Buses?

It might happen!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (52) Previous 1 2 3 452 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average