Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 136 37 3852 Next
V514DFT

26 May 2021, 11:32 am #721
Me and my mate were talking last night and we both said the same thing since GNE are pretty much dead around Howdon now,so how long will it be until the 12 or 40 gets extended

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
26 May 2021, 11:32 am #721

Me and my mate were talking last night and we both said the same thing since GNE are pretty much dead around Howdon now,so how long will it be until the 12 or 40 gets extended

Kind Regards
Tez

26 May 2021, 11:55 am #722
(26 May 2021, 11:32 am)V514DFT Me and my mate were talking last night and we both said the same thing since GNE are pretty much dead around Howdon now,so how long will it be until the 12 or 40 gets extended

My suggestion would be curtail the 32/32A to only run between Etal Lane and Benwell. Then create a new service Newcastle - Byker - Wallsend - Howdon running half-hourly Monday to Saturday and hourly on Sundays. Follow the 32/32A route to Walkergate, and then continue to Walker Bus Terminus and follow the route of the 12 to Wallsend, and then follow the Coaster 1A/1B route from Wallsend to Howdon.
OrangeArrow49
26 May 2021, 11:55 am #722

(26 May 2021, 11:32 am)V514DFT Me and my mate were talking last night and we both said the same thing since GNE are pretty much dead around Howdon now,so how long will it be until the 12 or 40 gets extended

My suggestion would be curtail the 32/32A to only run between Etal Lane and Benwell. Then create a new service Newcastle - Byker - Wallsend - Howdon running half-hourly Monday to Saturday and hourly on Sundays. Follow the 32/32A route to Walkergate, and then continue to Walker Bus Terminus and follow the route of the 12 to Wallsend, and then follow the Coaster 1A/1B route from Wallsend to Howdon.

V514DFT

26 May 2021, 2:06 pm #723
What i think would happen is this
12 from Wallsend would go Tynemouth Road,Churchill Street,Coniston Road,Ridley Avenue, Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate,Silverlink,Cobalt
The 40 is a bit of a funny one,because if they did ever decide to extend it it would serve need to serve the Metro,but my likely guess would be the old GNE 40 route from Wallsend but would extend from Hadrian Park to the Cobalt via Middle Engine Lane

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
26 May 2021, 2:06 pm #723

What i think would happen is this
12 from Wallsend would go Tynemouth Road,Churchill Street,Coniston Road,Ridley Avenue, Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate,Silverlink,Cobalt
The 40 is a bit of a funny one,because if they did ever decide to extend it it would serve need to serve the Metro,but my likely guess would be the old GNE 40 route from Wallsend but would extend from Hadrian Park to the Cobalt via Middle Engine Lane

Kind Regards
Tez

26 May 2021, 3:42 pm #724
What I think everyone is forgetting in this is that the 40 service for many years terminated at walker, however if an extension into n tyneside was taken on they would need to look at reliability given the 40 is probably one of the longest cross city services other than the 22 . Speaking from experience if the 40 gets held up on say matchdays or busy shopping days, you can wait ages for a bus. I would prefer the 40 to revert back to its old walker loop with the 39. We have the Q3,12 ,40 and 22 all serving wallsend, cant see the attraction in extending to howden,unless it's a dedicated new service starting in wallsend.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
atlantean560
26 May 2021, 3:42 pm #724

What I think everyone is forgetting in this is that the 40 service for many years terminated at walker, however if an extension into n tyneside was taken on they would need to look at reliability given the 40 is probably one of the longest cross city services other than the 22 . Speaking from experience if the 40 gets held up on say matchdays or busy shopping days, you can wait ages for a bus. I would prefer the 40 to revert back to its old walker loop with the 39. We have the Q3,12 ,40 and 22 all serving wallsend, cant see the attraction in extending to howden,unless it's a dedicated new service starting in wallsend.

26 May 2021, 8:53 pm #725
(26 May 2021, 3:42 pm)atlantean560 What I think everyone is forgetting in this is that the 40 service for many years terminated at walker, however if an extension into n tyneside was taken on they would need to look at reliability  given the 40 is probably one of the longest cross city services other than the 22 . Speaking from experience if the 40 gets held up on say matchdays or busy shopping days, you can wait ages for a bus. I would prefer the 40 to revert back to its old walker loop with the 39. We have the Q3,12 ,40 and 22 all serving wallsend, cant see the attraction in extending to howden,unless it's a dedicated new service starting in wallsend.

I'd say it would make the most sense to have all 12s terminate at Walker, and keep the 40 Chapel House - Wallsend. 22/40 and Q3 going Newcastle - Wallsend. A new service could run Newcastle - Howdon, and the Coaster 1 from Wallsend - Monkseaton.  Arriva could start a new service from Silverlink to Newcastle via Wallsend Town Centre. 

Why is Ponteland so badly served? Could better services be introduced by Stagecoach and GNE?
OrangeArrow49
26 May 2021, 8:53 pm #725

(26 May 2021, 3:42 pm)atlantean560 What I think everyone is forgetting in this is that the 40 service for many years terminated at walker, however if an extension into n tyneside was taken on they would need to look at reliability  given the 40 is probably one of the longest cross city services other than the 22 . Speaking from experience if the 40 gets held up on say matchdays or busy shopping days, you can wait ages for a bus. I would prefer the 40 to revert back to its old walker loop with the 39. We have the Q3,12 ,40 and 22 all serving wallsend, cant see the attraction in extending to howden,unless it's a dedicated new service starting in wallsend.

I'd say it would make the most sense to have all 12s terminate at Walker, and keep the 40 Chapel House - Wallsend. 22/40 and Q3 going Newcastle - Wallsend. A new service could run Newcastle - Howdon, and the Coaster 1 from Wallsend - Monkseaton.  Arriva could start a new service from Silverlink to Newcastle via Wallsend Town Centre. 

Why is Ponteland so badly served? Could better services be introduced by Stagecoach and GNE?

26 May 2021, 9:47 pm #726
(26 May 2021, 8:53 pm)OrangeArrow49 I'd say it would make the most sense to have all 12s terminate at Walker, and keep the 40 Chapel House - Wallsend. 22/40 and Q3 going Newcastle - Wallsend. A new service could run Newcastle - Howdon, and the Coaster 1 from Wallsend - Monkseaton.  Arriva could start a new service from Silverlink to Newcastle via Wallsend Town Centre. 

I think a contributing factor is that especially in Darras Hall, almost everyoner has a Car.
logidoodah
26 May 2021, 9:47 pm #726

(26 May 2021, 8:53 pm)OrangeArrow49 I'd say it would make the most sense to have all 12s terminate at Walker, and keep the 40 Chapel House - Wallsend. 22/40 and Q3 going Newcastle - Wallsend. A new service could run Newcastle - Howdon, and the Coaster 1 from Wallsend - Monkseaton.  Arriva could start a new service from Silverlink to Newcastle via Wallsend Town Centre. 

I think a contributing factor is that especially in Darras Hall, almost everyoner has a Car.

26 May 2021, 11:09 pm #727
(26 May 2021, 9:47 pm)logidoodah I think a contributing factor is that especially in Darras Hall, almost everyoner has a Car.

Good point. The X75 might serve Darras Hall when it runs on weekens to Belsay via Ponteland. What do you think?

Kirkley Hall only has the X79. A single decker, not daily and not very frequent and not great if running late as it's the only service.
OrangeArrow49
26 May 2021, 11:09 pm #727

(26 May 2021, 9:47 pm)logidoodah I think a contributing factor is that especially in Darras Hall, almost everyoner has a Car.

Good point. The X75 might serve Darras Hall when it runs on weekens to Belsay via Ponteland. What do you think?

Kirkley Hall only has the X79. A single decker, not daily and not very frequent and not great if running late as it's the only service.

LVK 404L

27 May 2021, 5:56 am #728
(26 May 2021, 11:09 pm)OrangeArrow49 Good point. The X75 might serve Darras Hall when it runs on weekens to Belsay via Ponteland. What do you think?

The X79 is timed for the students to and from Northumberland College at Kirkley Hall is it not?
LVK 404L
27 May 2021, 5:56 am #728

(26 May 2021, 11:09 pm)OrangeArrow49 Good point. The X75 might serve Darras Hall when it runs on weekens to Belsay via Ponteland. What do you think?

The X79 is timed for the students to and from Northumberland College at Kirkley Hall is it not?

27 May 2021, 7:04 am #729
(26 May 2021, 9:47 pm)logidoodah I think a contributing factor is that especially in Darras Hall, almost everyone has a Car.

I always understood that in Darras Hall everyone had a Chauffeur .....
Ianthegoon
27 May 2021, 7:04 am #729

(26 May 2021, 9:47 pm)logidoodah I think a contributing factor is that especially in Darras Hall, almost everyone has a Car.

I always understood that in Darras Hall everyone had a Chauffeur .....

V514DFT

27 May 2021, 5:18 pm #730
(27 May 2021, 5:56 am)ifm001 The X79 is timed for the students to and from Northumberland College at Kirkley Hall is it not?
So why couldnt it be introduced full time?

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
27 May 2021, 5:18 pm #730

(27 May 2021, 5:56 am)ifm001 The X79 is timed for the students to and from Northumberland College at Kirkley Hall is it not?
So why couldnt it be introduced full time?

Kind Regards
Tez

LVK 404L

27 May 2021, 5:34 pm #731
(27 May 2021, 5:18 pm)V514DFT So why couldnt it be introduced full time?
Will there be that much call for a full time X79 outside of student tines.  I know Kirkley Hall is also a public attraction/Heritage site, but not sure on demand.
If the demand is there then yes certainly go for it.
LVK 404L
27 May 2021, 5:34 pm #731

(27 May 2021, 5:18 pm)V514DFT So why couldnt it be introduced full time?
Will there be that much call for a full time X79 outside of student tines.  I know Kirkley Hall is also a public attraction/Heritage site, but not sure on demand.

V514DFT

27 May 2021, 6:44 pm #732
(27 May 2021, 5:34 pm)ifm001 Will there be that much call for a full time X79 outside of student tines.  I know Kirkley Hall is also a public attraction/Heritage site, but not sure on demand.
Could be an hourly service

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
27 May 2021, 6:44 pm #732

(27 May 2021, 5:34 pm)ifm001 Will there be that much call for a full time X79 outside of student tines.  I know Kirkley Hall is also a public attraction/Heritage site, but not sure on demand.
Could be an hourly service

Kind Regards
Tez

29 May 2021, 8:03 pm #733
Would Stagecoach ever run the 74 again? I'd like to see them run a service to Callerton/Great Whittington/Hexham (I believe they operated as far as Callerton before and no further.) To be honest, I'm not sure of the demand within the rural communities, but I think some improvements could be made, particularly 74/X77/X79/808 being more frequent.

Personally I'd like to see a new service to somewhere between Callerton and Hexham from Newcastle, a new service to Howdon from Newcastle and services 12/13 terminating at Walker, 12 serving Fenham and 23 serving Throckley via West Denton.
OrangeArrow49
29 May 2021, 8:03 pm #733

Would Stagecoach ever run the 74 again? I'd like to see them run a service to Callerton/Great Whittington/Hexham (I believe they operated as far as Callerton before and no further.) To be honest, I'm not sure of the demand within the rural communities, but I think some improvements could be made, particularly 74/X77/X79/808 being more frequent.

Personally I'd like to see a new service to somewhere between Callerton and Hexham from Newcastle, a new service to Howdon from Newcastle and services 12/13 terminating at Walker, 12 serving Fenham and 23 serving Throckley via West Denton.

V514DFT

16 Jun 2021, 6:03 pm #734
38-extended to Forest Hall every 60 mins (to start with) via Benton Lane,Quorum,Benton Lane,Goathland Avenue,Ashliegh Grove,Station Road,Forest Hall/Glebe Road,where it terminates,return via Great Lime Road,Forest Hall Road,Forest Hall,to Station Road,then as inbound trip
62-extends to Throckley every 30 mins (every 15 mins to North Walbottle) via Hawthorn Terrace/Hexham Road,Newburn Road,Hallow Road,Coach Road where it Terminates,then on the way back to Killingworth it would go along Hexham Road to Wallbottle,up to North Wallbottle to continue its current route
New Service 64 Killingworth Bus Station-Throckley every 30 mins via West Bailey,Southgate,West Moor,Quorum,Four Lane Ends,Benton Park Road,Freeman Hospital,Cragside,Benton Road,Chillingham Road,Byker,New Bridge Street,Blackett Street,Newgate Street,Central Station,St JamesBoulevard,Barrack Road,Fenham Hall Drive,Netherby Drive,Denton Road,Newburn Business Park (one way loop),Wallbottle Road,Hawthorn Terrace/Hexham Road,Newburn Road,Hallow Road,Coach Road where it terminates,return via Hexham Road/Hawthorn Terrace to Wallbottle Road then as inbound trip
New Service 64A-Killingworth Bus Station-Throckley every 30 mins via East Bailey,Southgate,Great Lime Road,Forest Hall Road,Forest Hall,Ashleigh Grove,Goathland Avenue,Benton Road,Quorum,Four Lane Ends,Benton Park Road,Freeman Hospital,Cragside,Benton Lane,Chillingham Road,Byker,New Bridge Street,Blackett Street,Newgate Street,Central Station,St Jame Boulevard,Barrack Road,Walter Terrace/Studley Terrace,Fenham Hall Drive,Netherby Drive,Denton Road,Newburn Business Park (one way loop),Newburn,Newburn Road,Hallow Road,Coach Road where it terminates,return via Hexham Road to Throckley Roundabout,Newburn Road to Newburn,then as inbound trip

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
16 Jun 2021, 6:03 pm #734

38-extended to Forest Hall every 60 mins (to start with) via Benton Lane,Quorum,Benton Lane,Goathland Avenue,Ashliegh Grove,Station Road,Forest Hall/Glebe Road,where it terminates,return via Great Lime Road,Forest Hall Road,Forest Hall,to Station Road,then as inbound trip
62-extends to Throckley every 30 mins (every 15 mins to North Walbottle) via Hawthorn Terrace/Hexham Road,Newburn Road,Hallow Road,Coach Road where it Terminates,then on the way back to Killingworth it would go along Hexham Road to Wallbottle,up to North Wallbottle to continue its current route
New Service 64 Killingworth Bus Station-Throckley every 30 mins via West Bailey,Southgate,West Moor,Quorum,Four Lane Ends,Benton Park Road,Freeman Hospital,Cragside,Benton Road,Chillingham Road,Byker,New Bridge Street,Blackett Street,Newgate Street,Central Station,St JamesBoulevard,Barrack Road,Fenham Hall Drive,Netherby Drive,Denton Road,Newburn Business Park (one way loop),Wallbottle Road,Hawthorn Terrace/Hexham Road,Newburn Road,Hallow Road,Coach Road where it terminates,return via Hexham Road/Hawthorn Terrace to Wallbottle Road then as inbound trip
New Service 64A-Killingworth Bus Station-Throckley every 30 mins via East Bailey,Southgate,Great Lime Road,Forest Hall Road,Forest Hall,Ashleigh Grove,Goathland Avenue,Benton Road,Quorum,Four Lane Ends,Benton Park Road,Freeman Hospital,Cragside,Benton Lane,Chillingham Road,Byker,New Bridge Street,Blackett Street,Newgate Street,Central Station,St Jame Boulevard,Barrack Road,Walter Terrace/Studley Terrace,Fenham Hall Drive,Netherby Drive,Denton Road,Newburn Business Park (one way loop),Newburn,Newburn Road,Hallow Road,Coach Road where it terminates,return via Hexham Road to Throckley Roundabout,Newburn Road to Newburn,then as inbound trip

Kind Regards
Tez

03 Jul 2021, 3:30 pm #735
New services for Sunderland and South Tyneside

Services E1, E2 and E6 renumbered Services 1, 2 and 6 respectively. No change to route or times.

Existing Service 1 renumbered Service 13
Existing Service 2 renumbered Service 14

NEW Service 5 DOXFORD PARK, Moorside – Doxford International – East Herrington – Durham Road Thornholme Road – Belvedere Road – Burdon Road – SUNDERLAND CITY CENTRE, Fawcett Street – Newcastle Road – Carley Hill – WITHERWACK – Red House – Downhill – BOLDON Asda & Cineworld – West Boldon – East Boldon – Cleadon – Sunderland Road – Chichester – SOUTH SHIELDS Interchange
Operating every 30 minutes daily, replacing Service 30 and partially replacing Service 16
PVR 5

NEW Service 15 HASTINGS HILL – Somerset Road – Chester Road – CITY CENTRE, Fawcett Street – Southwick – Elmwood Avenue – Maplewood Avenue – Redcar Road – Ramsgate Road – Rhodesia Road – Rotherfield Road – Ramillies Road – Ravenswood Road – Ravenna Road – Rhondda Road
Operating every 30 minutes Mon-Sat daytimes, partially replacing Service 16
PVR 3

Service 16 revised to operate every 20 minutes, no change to route.
PVR 5

NEW Open Top Service 22 SUNDERLAND John Street – Holmeside – Vine Place – St Michael’s Way – St Mary’s Boulevard – Dame Dorothy Street – Harbour View – Pier View – Marine Walk – Pier View – Roker Terrace – Whitburn Road – Whitburn Bents Road – East Street – Mill Lane – Souter Lighthouse – Mill Lane – Coast Road – Sea Road – River Drive – Mile End Road – Coston Drive – Anderson Street – Winchester Street – Fowler Street – SOUTH SHIELDS Interchange
Operating every 30 minutes weekends and School Holidays
PVR 3

Stagecoach services in Sunderland: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 18A, 19, 20, 22, 23, X1, X24, X24A
Stagecoach services in South Tyneside: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 22, X20, X34
stagecoachbusdepot
03 Jul 2021, 3:30 pm #735

New services for Sunderland and South Tyneside

Services E1, E2 and E6 renumbered Services 1, 2 and 6 respectively. No change to route or times.

NEW Service 5 DOXFORD PARK, Moorside – Doxford International – East Herrington – Durham Road Thornholme Road – Belvedere Road – Burdon Road – SUNDERLAND CITY CENTRE, Fawcett Street – Newcastle Road – Carley Hill – WITHERWACK – Red House – Downhill – BOLDON Asda & Cineworld – West Boldon – East Boldon – Cleadon – Sunderland Road – Chichester – SOUTH SHIELDS Interchange
Operating every 30 minutes daily, replacing Service 30 and partially replacing Service 16
PVR 5

NEW Service 15 HASTINGS HILL – Somerset Road – Chester Road – CITY CENTRE, Fawcett Street – Southwick – Elmwood Avenue – Maplewood Avenue – Redcar Road – Ramsgate Road – Rhodesia Road – Rotherfield Road – Ramillies Road – Ravenswood Road – Ravenna Road – Rhondda Road
PVR 3

PVR 5

NEW Open Top Service 22 SUNDERLAND John Street – Holmeside – Vine Place – St Michael’s Way – St Mary’s Boulevard – Dame Dorothy Street – Harbour View – Pier View – Marine Walk – Pier View – Roker Terrace – Whitburn Road – Whitburn Bents Road – East Street – Mill Lane – Souter Lighthouse – Mill Lane – Coast Road – Sea Road – River Drive – Mile End Road – Coston Drive – Anderson Street – Winchester Street – Fowler Street – SOUTH SHIELDS Interchange
PVR 3

Stagecoach services in Sunderland: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 18A, 19, 20, 22, 23, X1, X24, X24A
Stagecoach services in South Tyneside: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 22, X20, X34

03 Jul 2021, 4:50 pm #736
(03 Jul 2021, 3:30 pm)stagecoachbusdepot New services for Sunderland and South Tyneside

Services E1, E2 and E6 renumbered Services 1, 2 and 6 respectively.  No change to route or times.

PVR 5

NEW Service 15   HASTINGS HILL – Somerset Road – Chester Road – CITY CENTRE, Fawcett Street – Southwick – Elmwood Avenue – Maplewood Avenue – Redcar Road – Ramsgate Road – Rhodesia Road – Rotherfield Road – Ramillies Road – Ravenswood Road – Ravenna Road – Rhondda Road
PVR 3

PVR 5

PVR 3

i don’t think Thornholme Rd deserves a frequency cut. Currently it’s every 12 mins, so half hourly is very poor. 

Unless of course, Service 23 continues along Thornholme Rd, which means the new service is on top of the existing one. ?
Edited 03 Jul 2021, 4:51 pm by Economic505.
Economic505
03 Jul 2021, 4:50 pm #736

(03 Jul 2021, 3:30 pm)stagecoachbusdepot New services for Sunderland and South Tyneside

Services E1, E2 and E6 renumbered Services 1, 2 and 6 respectively.  No change to route or times.

PVR 5

NEW Service 15   HASTINGS HILL – Somerset Road – Chester Road – CITY CENTRE, Fawcett Street – Southwick – Elmwood Avenue – Maplewood Avenue – Redcar Road – Ramsgate Road – Rhodesia Road – Rotherfield Road – Ramillies Road – Ravenswood Road – Ravenna Road – Rhondda Road
PVR 3

PVR 5

PVR 3

i don’t think Thornholme Rd deserves a frequency cut. Currently it’s every 12 mins, so half hourly is very poor. 

Unless of course, Service 23 continues along Thornholme Rd, which means the new service is on top of the existing one. ?

03 Jul 2021, 6:33 pm #737
(03 Jul 2021, 4:50 pm)Economic505

Wasn’t proposing a frequency cut.  No change to 23.  Yes this means 5 and 23 would both serve Thornholme Road for 0.4 miles, which is about the same as the the 12 and 23 run 'on top' of each other on the nearby stretch of Tunstall Road.
stagecoachbusdepot
03 Jul 2021, 6:33 pm #737

(03 Jul 2021, 4:50 pm)Economic505

Wasn’t proposing a frequency cut.  No change to 23.  Yes this means 5 and 23 would both serve Thornholme Road for 0.4 miles, which is about the same as the the 12 and 23 run 'on top' of each other on the nearby stretch of Tunstall Road.

07 Jul 2021, 12:01 pm #738
Extend 16 from Hastings Hill to Washington Galleries via GNE 2/2A routes. It would be numbered 15 & 16 (20 Mins Individual frequency, 10 Combined).

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
07 Jul 2021, 12:01 pm #738

Extend 16 from Hastings Hill to Washington Galleries via GNE 2/2A routes. It would be numbered 15 & 16 (20 Mins Individual frequency, 10 Combined).

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

08 Jul 2021, 12:34 pm #739
I was thinking this would be a good idea a little while ago, but would do it as a complete loop, coming back from Washington into Redhouse and picking the route back up as normal to city centre
Madmackem22
08 Jul 2021, 12:34 pm #739

I was thinking this would be a good idea a little while ago, but would do it as a complete loop, coming back from Washington into Redhouse and picking the route back up as normal to city centre

V514DFT

12 Jul 2021, 5:46 pm #740
Giving Stagecoach's extention to 10/11 (South Shields), anyone have any suggestions

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
12 Jul 2021, 5:46 pm #740

Giving Stagecoach's extention to 10/11 (South Shields), anyone have any suggestions

Kind Regards
Tez

Pages (52) Previous 136 37 3852 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average