Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (51): 1 2 351 Next
Michael

02 Mar 2013, 1:29 pm #1
Since we have all discussed GNE on here, can i make a suggestion for stagecoach Sunderland?

I would merge the 8 and 20 together to make it one full route... New 20 route.

Pennywell, Prestbury Road, City Centre, Fawcett Street - Royal Hospital - South Hylton

Not many people use the 8 (well when ive seen it its being empty or very few on) but it may get used more if new links are opened.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Mar 2013, 1:29 pm #1

Since we have all discussed GNE on here, can i make a suggestion for stagecoach Sunderland?

Pennywell, Prestbury Road, City Centre, Fawcett Street - Royal Hospital - South Hylton

Not many people use the 8 (well when ive seen it its being empty or very few on) but it may get used more if new links are opened.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm #2
(02 Mar 2013, 1:29 pm)Michael Since we have all discussed GNE on here, can i make a suggestion for stagecoach Sunderland?

What happens with the 8 and 20 is that they both tend to run together. They often have about 2-3 minutes apart, but if the 8 is late for whatever reason, they'll run together.

I must disagree about the passenger numbers though. I sometimes choose the 8 over Chester Road services as it's six and two threes regarding the walk, and it can often get quite full - people often have to stand and pushchairs are left at stops. The one that departs Pennywell at approximately 09:30am on a morning is always full. Why? 90% of the passengers are over 60 and have a concessionary pass.

I wouldn't mind them merging providing that the new proposed 20 followed the ten minute frequency as it does now, and it followed the 8's route (via Hadleigh Road etc).
Dan
02 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm #2

(02 Mar 2013, 1:29 pm)Michael Since we have all discussed GNE on here, can i make a suggestion for stagecoach Sunderland?

What happens with the 8 and 20 is that they both tend to run together. They often have about 2-3 minutes apart, but if the 8 is late for whatever reason, they'll run together.

I must disagree about the passenger numbers though. I sometimes choose the 8 over Chester Road services as it's six and two threes regarding the walk, and it can often get quite full - people often have to stand and pushchairs are left at stops. The one that departs Pennywell at approximately 09:30am on a morning is always full. Why? 90% of the passengers are over 60 and have a concessionary pass.

I wouldn't mind them merging providing that the new proposed 20 followed the ten minute frequency as it does now, and it followed the 8's route (via Hadleigh Road etc).

Michael

02 Mar 2013, 7:40 pm #3
Glad amount of people use the 8, like ive said only seen it when empty or very few on.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Mar 2013, 7:40 pm #3

Glad amount of people use the 8, like ive said only seen it when empty or very few on.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

14 May 2013, 9:21 pm #4
With a lot of the group coming from Sunderland, do any of you have suggestions for the cross-city routes that Stagecoach seem to favour?
I dont use the company, but curious to see how easy it was to change buses to get to a destination or are most options covered already?
Andreos1
14 May 2013, 9:21 pm #4

With a lot of the group coming from Sunderland, do any of you have suggestions for the cross-city routes that Stagecoach seem to favour?
I dont use the company, but curious to see how easy it was to change buses to get to a destination or are most options covered already?

pringlj

14 May 2013, 10:43 pm #5
I think there needs to be more cross city links to Seaburn. The E services only go as far south as Park Lane. Maybe bring back service 24?
pringlj
14 May 2013, 10:43 pm #5

I think there needs to be more cross city links to Seaburn. The E services only go as far south as Park Lane. Maybe bring back service 24?

Michael

25 May 2013, 11:21 am #6
Suggestion for Stagecoach Sunderland...

Why don't stagecoach do a trail run for a service to Newcastle, Have E200 run it and have it hourly (for the trail run to see if its popular).

Route

Park lane - Southwick - Town End Farm - Gateshead - Newcastle

I know it nearly follows the new X36 service but i think it should run half a hour before the X36 as it could provide a half hourly service on part's of the route but passengers will have a choice.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 May 2013, 11:21 am #6

Suggestion for Stagecoach Sunderland...

Why don't stagecoach do a trail run for a service to Newcastle, Have E200 run it and have it hourly (for the trail run to see if its popular).

Route

Park lane - Southwick - Town End Farm - Gateshead - Newcastle

I know it nearly follows the new X36 service but i think it should run half a hour before the X36 as it could provide a half hourly service on part's of the route but passengers will have a choice.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Acky81

25 May 2013, 12:39 pm #7
Well that would make more of a ghost town if another bus to newcastle hope this doesn't happen. Stagecoach could do with a totally new service refresh with some new routes
Acky81
25 May 2013, 12:39 pm #7

Well that would make more of a ghost town if another bus to newcastle hope this doesn't happen. Stagecoach could do with a totally new service refresh with some new routes

Adrian

25 May 2013, 2:45 pm #8
Today's weather has reminded me how much we need a proper coastal service. Unfortunately this will never happen, as the infrastructure along the A183 is crap. It would be an absolute nightmare to run a bus along there.

I was thinking something along the lines of Washington - Sunderland - South Shields. Starting at Concord, on to the Galleries, then running non-stop to Shiney Row roundabout, and straight on to the A183 from there on, all the way to South Shields. I'd probably run via Fawcett Street rather than the Interchange though!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 May 2013, 2:45 pm #8

Today's weather has reminded me how much we need a proper coastal service. Unfortunately this will never happen, as the infrastructure along the A183 is crap. It would be an absolute nightmare to run a bus along there.

I was thinking something along the lines of Washington - Sunderland - South Shields. Starting at Concord, on to the Galleries, then running non-stop to Shiney Row roundabout, and straight on to the A183 from there on, all the way to South Shields. I'd probably run via Fawcett Street rather than the Interchange though!

gtom

Banned

25 May 2013, 7:40 pm #9
The problem with a proper coastal service is the existence of the Metro, especially in North/South Tyneside
gtom
25 May 2013, 7:40 pm #9

The problem with a proper coastal service is the existence of the Metro, especially in North/South Tyneside

Acky81

27 May 2013, 10:28 am #10
Here are my service suggestions for stagecoach in Sunderland
3 faringdon -plains farm- Barnes park-royal hospital-city centre
4 Doxford park beckwith green- moorside-east Herrington-Barnes park-tunstall vale-askbrooke- city centre-southwick- downhill estate.
5 Doxford park-faringdon-lakeside village- thorney close-pallion- southwick- north Hylton road- Asda Boldon
6 Docks-city centre-Silksworth vicarage
7 south bents-seaburn-city centre-Hendon-grange town
8 south Hylton-pennywell-Hastings hill- broadway- royal hospital-city centre-Newcastle road- witherwack
9 Hylton castle- southwick-city centre-ryhope- tunstall village
10 Doxford park hall farm- farringdon-lakeside village- sainsburys-tunstall road-city centre- southwick-red house
11 town end farm-Castletown-a19-pennywell-grindon-Barnes park-grange town
12 city centre-royal hospital-penshaw-fatfield- Washington galleries
13 Doxford international-board inn- Barnes park-durham road- interchange
14 tunstall bank- hollycarrside-Asda- grange town- villette road- Mowbray park-city centre- roker-Morrisons
15 town end farm-downhill-red house-southwick- city centre- grangetown- ryhope village
16 Hastings hill-Somerset road-royal hospital-Hylton road- city centre- southwick-red house north- Hylton castle
X17 Sunderland seaburn South Shields
X18 Sunderland Gateshead Newcastle
X19 Sunderland-Hartlepool
X20 Sunderland - Metrocentre via galleries
21 seaburn- dene estate- city centre- thorney close- farringdon
22 open top bus seaburn- South Shields
Acky81
27 May 2013, 10:28 am #10

Here are my service suggestions for stagecoach in Sunderland
4 Doxford park beckwith green- moorside-east Herrington-Barnes park-tunstall vale-askbrooke- city centre-southwick- downhill estate.
5 Doxford park-faringdon-lakeside village- thorney close-pallion- southwick- north Hylton road- Asda Boldon
8 south Hylton-pennywell-Hastings hill- broadway- royal hospital-city centre-Newcastle road- witherwack
10 Doxford park hall farm- farringdon-lakeside village- sainsburys-tunstall road-city centre- southwick-red house
14 tunstall bank- hollycarrside-Asda- grange town- villette road- Mowbray park-city centre- roker-Morrisons
15 town end farm-downhill-red house-southwick- city centre- grangetown- ryhope village
16 Hastings hill-Somerset road-royal hospital-Hylton road- city centre- southwick-red house north- Hylton castle

Adrian

27 May 2013, 11:10 am #11
(27 May 2013, 10:28 am)Acky81 Here are my service suggestions for stagecoach in Sunderland

I like the idea for your 22. Similar to mine of starting at the Galleries, but running non-stop to Shiney Row roundabout, and effectively running the route of the A183 all the way to South Shields. I know the Metro runs in Sunderland and South Shields, but worth baring in mind that people have to go to Gateshead first (Pelaw) in order to come back on themselves to Shields.

Adrian
27 May 2013, 11:10 am #11

(27 May 2013, 10:28 am)Acky81 Here are my service suggestions for stagecoach in Sunderland

I like the idea for your 22. Similar to mine of starting at the Galleries, but running non-stop to Shiney Row roundabout, and effectively running the route of the A183 all the way to South Shields. I know the Metro runs in Sunderland and South Shields, but worth baring in mind that people have to go to Gateshead first (Pelaw) in order to come back on themselves to Shields.

Michael

27 May 2013, 1:25 pm #12
I like your service 8 idea but i would only extend the 16 from hastings hill to pennywell only replacing the 20 with a new service to replace the 20 in the south hylton area
or
maybe the current 8 could be replaced by the 20, it seems easier and could give the areas a 10 min service which is currently served by the 8

Sunderland buses hasnt had a major changes its being years and i agree, i would like to see some changes..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 May 2013, 1:25 pm #12

I like your service 8 idea but i would only extend the 16 from hastings hill to pennywell only replacing the 20 with a new service to replace the 20 in the south hylton area
or
maybe the current 8 could be replaced by the 20, it seems easier and could give the areas a 10 min service which is currently served by the 8

Sunderland buses hasnt had a major changes its being years and i agree, i would like to see some changes..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Acky81

27 May 2013, 1:28 pm #13
Stagecoach routes need a facelift Michael
Acky81
27 May 2013, 1:28 pm #13

Stagecoach routes need a facelift Michael

Michael

27 May 2013, 1:40 pm #14
It does seem stagecoach currently like thier current routes, tbh some of the routes are working for them.

Sunderland could make changes to the 8,18,19 and 20
My ideas

8 replaced by the 20, new links and a better service

18/19 - these services could do with massive changes.. runs practicly empty from 11am till at least 3pm then from 4:30 till last service... dont know how stagecoach are still running these

My routes would be

18 - Grindon - Asda - Grangetown - City centre - Uni - Hostpial - Queen alexandrea bridge - Southwick - Seaburn - Half hourly

19 - Grindon - Bede - Hospital - Southwick - Wheatchef - Roker - Seaburn - Half hourly
Edited 27 May 2013, 1:40 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 May 2013, 1:40 pm #14

It does seem stagecoach currently like thier current routes, tbh some of the routes are working for them.

Sunderland could make changes to the 8,18,19 and 20
My ideas

8 replaced by the 20, new links and a better service

18/19 - these services could do with massive changes.. runs practicly empty from 11am till at least 3pm then from 4:30 till last service... dont know how stagecoach are still running these

My routes would be

18 - Grindon - Asda - Grangetown - City centre - Uni - Hostpial - Queen alexandrea bridge - Southwick - Seaburn - Half hourly

19 - Grindon - Bede - Hospital - Southwick - Wheatchef - Roker - Seaburn - Half hourly

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

27 May 2013, 11:14 pm #15
My Stagecoach in Sunderland Service Ideas

Washington Galleries - Waterview Park – Pennywell – Millfield – City Centre – Eye Infirmary – Grangetown
Every 15 Minutes
Washington Galleries - Waterview Park – Castletown – Sunderland Enterprise Park – Queen Alexandra Bridge – City Centre – Grangetown
Every 15 Minutes

20/21 – Biddick Woods – Shiney Row – Penshaw – Pennywell – Hospital – Millfield – City Centre
21 - Every 20 Minutes Biddick Woods – Pennywell
20 - Every 10 Minutes Pennywell – City Centre

X32 – Sunderland City Centre/Fawcett Street – Crowtree - Queen Alexandra Bridge – Waterview Park – Direct to the MetroCentre
Hourly Service – Saturday/Sunday Only

X33 – Sunderland City Centre/Fawcett Street – Crowtree – Queen Alexandra Bridge – Waterview Park – Peel Retail Park – Concord – Direct via Heworth Bypass (M1/X34) – Newcastle City Centre
Hourly Service – Monday – Sunday – Stops at Gateshead Interchange on the return journey to Sunderland
Malarkey
27 May 2013, 11:14 pm #15

My Stagecoach in Sunderland Service Ideas

Washington Galleries - Waterview Park – Pennywell – Millfield – City Centre – Eye Infirmary – Grangetown
Every 15 Minutes
Washington Galleries - Waterview Park – Castletown – Sunderland Enterprise Park – Queen Alexandra Bridge – City Centre – Grangetown
Every 15 Minutes

20/21 – Biddick Woods – Shiney Row – Penshaw – Pennywell – Hospital – Millfield – City Centre
21 - Every 20 Minutes Biddick Woods – Pennywell
20 - Every 10 Minutes Pennywell – City Centre

X32 – Sunderland City Centre/Fawcett Street – Crowtree - Queen Alexandra Bridge – Waterview Park – Direct to the MetroCentre
Hourly Service – Saturday/Sunday Only

X33 – Sunderland City Centre/Fawcett Street – Crowtree – Queen Alexandra Bridge – Waterview Park – Peel Retail Park – Concord – Direct via Heworth Bypass (M1/X34) – Newcastle City Centre
Hourly Service – Monday – Sunday – Stops at Gateshead Interchange on the return journey to Sunderland

Acky81

27 May 2013, 11:58 pm #16
Too many from Washington I think. Washington is served by go north east
Acky81
27 May 2013, 11:58 pm #16

Too many from Washington I think. Washington is served by go north east

Malarkey

28 May 2013, 3:05 pm #17
(27 May 2013, 11:58 pm)Acky81 Too many from Washington I think. Washington is served by go north east

I know but it would provide some competition in that area and would also provide new/old links between some areas of Washington and Sunderland.

I'll come up with some other ideas later.
Malarkey
28 May 2013, 3:05 pm #17

(27 May 2013, 11:58 pm)Acky81 Too many from Washington I think. Washington is served by go north east

I know but it would provide some competition in that area and would also provide new/old links between some areas of Washington and Sunderland.

I'll come up with some other ideas later.

Adrian

28 May 2013, 6:35 pm #18

There's nothing wrong with a bit of competition Smile

Adrian
28 May 2013, 6:35 pm #18

There's nothing wrong with a bit of competition Smile

Malarkey

29 May 2013, 2:55 pm #19
Not at all, it's the only area that doesn't have 2 or more major operators, operating services to the same area.

GNE operate the 2A/2C through penshaw into Sunderland, then Stagecoach operate the opposite side going via Waterview Park and Sunderland Enterprise Park into Sunderland.
Malarkey
29 May 2013, 2:55 pm #19

Not at all, it's the only area that doesn't have 2 or more major operators, operating services to the same area.

GNE operate the 2A/2C through penshaw into Sunderland, then Stagecoach operate the opposite side going via Waterview Park and Sunderland Enterprise Park into Sunderland.

gtom

Banned

29 May 2013, 2:57 pm #20
A cynic would suggest Stagecoach and Go Ahead are more than happy with that arrangement
gtom
29 May 2013, 2:57 pm #20

A cynic would suggest Stagecoach and Go Ahead are more than happy with that arrangement

Pages (51): 1 2 351 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average