Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (51): Previous 1 2 351 Next
MurdnunoC

30 May 2013, 7:24 am #21
X39 Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - Doxford Park - Moorside - Doxford International - A19 - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle.
MurdnunoC
30 May 2013, 7:24 am #21

X39 Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - Doxford Park - Moorside - Doxford International - A19 - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle.

Acky81

30 May 2013, 12:58 pm #22
X39 interesting
Acky81
30 May 2013, 12:58 pm #22

X39 interesting

LVK 404L

26 Jul 2013, 10:31 pm #23
I would like to put forward a couple of suggestions for Stagecoach in South Shields.

To compliment the successful X34 Horsley Hill - Newcastle also introduce an additional Newcastle service of the X33, operating Low Simonside, Simonside, Biddick Hall, Boldon Asda, Gateshead, Newcastle.

Service X33 would provide a combined 15 minute service between Biddick Hall, Chuter Ede School, Boldon and Newcastle with service X34.

This would then provide competition to GNE services X3/X36

Also a reintroduction of the old Metrocentre service M42 between South Shields and the Metrocentre
Edited 26 Jul 2013, 10:32 pm by LVK 404L.
LVK 404L
26 Jul 2013, 10:31 pm #23

I would like to put forward a couple of suggestions for Stagecoach in South Shields.

To compliment the successful X34 Horsley Hill - Newcastle also introduce an additional Newcastle service of the X33, operating Low Simonside, Simonside, Biddick Hall, Boldon Asda, Gateshead, Newcastle.

Service X33 would provide a combined 15 minute service between Biddick Hall, Chuter Ede School, Boldon and Newcastle with service X34.

This would then provide competition to GNE services X3/X36

Also a reintroduction of the old Metrocentre service M42 between South Shields and the Metrocentre

Wellsey18

27 Jul 2013, 8:40 pm #24
I think stagecoach should look at new routes inside of north Tyneside like beyond Wallsend into battle hill and the other areas they don't currently serve
Wellsey18
27 Jul 2013, 8:40 pm #24

I think stagecoach should look at new routes inside of north Tyneside like beyond Wallsend into battle hill and the other areas they don't currently serve

MurdnunoC

28 Jul 2013, 11:38 am #25
(27 Jul 2013, 8:40 pm)Wellsey18 I think stagecoach should look at new routes inside of north Tyneside like beyond Wallsend into battle hill and the other areas they don't currently serve

Stagecoach could cheekily extend the 40 beyond Wallsend towards Battle Hill, Hadrian Park and Colbalt to compete with the GNE's 40 in that area. I think I previously suggested in another post the possibility of GNE extending their 40 towards Newcastle via Stagecoach's 40 route, but either way new links would be established between the East End of Newcastle and Colbalt.
MurdnunoC
28 Jul 2013, 11:38 am #25

(27 Jul 2013, 8:40 pm)Wellsey18 I think stagecoach should look at new routes inside of north Tyneside like beyond Wallsend into battle hill and the other areas they don't currently serve

Stagecoach could cheekily extend the 40 beyond Wallsend towards Battle Hill, Hadrian Park and Colbalt to compete with the GNE's 40 in that area. I think I previously suggested in another post the possibility of GNE extending their 40 towards Newcastle via Stagecoach's 40 route, but either way new links would be established between the East End of Newcastle and Colbalt.

RJL66

07 Aug 2013, 3:59 pm #26
I think that stagecoach is losing opportunity to create increased patronage - here are my ideas

extend the 10 and or the 11 to Kingston Park via Fawdon providing North Kenton with new links
extend alternate x47 to Red House Farm and Wansbeck road fawdon loop

withdraw route 6 and 8 and improve route 7 to every 20 mins all day

withdraw 35 reroute service 30 via coxlodge to salters road

extend 33 from hollywood Ave to Wallsend and Walker via Freeman and on the irregular route 3 20-30 min frequency and eves alternatively extend the 38 on an Gosforth loop every 20 mins in both directions to replace service 33

RJL66
07 Aug 2013, 3:59 pm #26

I think that stagecoach is losing opportunity to create increased patronage - here are my ideas

extend the 10 and or the 11 to Kingston Park via Fawdon providing North Kenton with new links

extend 33 from hollywood Ave to Wallsend and Walker via Freeman and on the irregular route 3 20-30 min frequency and eves alternatively extend the 38 on an Gosforth loop every 20 mins in both directions to replace service 33

07 Aug 2013, 5:16 pm #27
(07 Aug 2013, 3:59 pm)RJL66 I think that stagecoach is losing opportunity to create increased patronage - here are my ideas

Withdrawing the 6 & 8 and "improving" the 7 to every 20 mins would lead to a reduced frequency for the common parts of the routes compared to now, with the 6 & 7 each running every 30 mins!

Not sure about the suggestions for the 10/11/X47 either - though I have for a long time thought that the 10 and 11 should be reworked to extend from North Kenton via Kenton Lane to Ponteland Road and City Centre as that end of Kenton Lane has a really poor service into town (the small bit that is served just has the 15/15A which are infrequent and meander through Blakelaw & Fenham, while the 32/32A do a tedious tour of the whole of Newcastle).
stagecoachbusdepot
07 Aug 2013, 5:16 pm #27

(07 Aug 2013, 3:59 pm)RJL66 I think that stagecoach is losing opportunity to create increased patronage - here are my ideas

Withdrawing the 6 & 8 and "improving" the 7 to every 20 mins would lead to a reduced frequency for the common parts of the routes compared to now, with the 6 & 7 each running every 30 mins!

Not sure about the suggestions for the 10/11/X47 either - though I have for a long time thought that the 10 and 11 should be reworked to extend from North Kenton via Kenton Lane to Ponteland Road and City Centre as that end of Kenton Lane has a really poor service into town (the small bit that is served just has the 15/15A which are infrequent and meander through Blakelaw & Fenham, while the 32/32A do a tedious tour of the whole of Newcastle).

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm #28
Just out of interest, why do Stagecoach in Sunderland stay within the City boundary I.e The Board Inn to the West and Seaburn and Grangetown to the North and South respectively.

Would it be worth it to try branch out a bit and say extend there patch to Ryhope, Seaham and beyond.

I do remember years ago before Stagecoach bought busways that busways had a couple of services in Murton, the 155 Murton Circular and the 149 Murton-Seaham service on a Sunday
MrFozz
08 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm #28

Just out of interest, why do Stagecoach in Sunderland stay within the City boundary I.e The Board Inn to the West and Seaburn and Grangetown to the North and South respectively.

Would it be worth it to try branch out a bit and say extend there patch to Ryhope, Seaham and beyond.

I do remember years ago before Stagecoach bought busways that busways had a couple of services in Murton, the 155 Murton Circular and the 149 Murton-Seaham service on a Sunday

LVK 404L

08 Aug 2013, 5:24 pm #29
(08 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm)fozzovmurton Just out of interest, why do Stagecoach in Sunderland stay within the City boundary I.e The Board Inn to the West and Seaburn and Grangetown to the North and South respectively.

Busways Favourite division was based in Hetton le HOle I think originally. And operated many county durham based services including service 22 Durham to Hartlepool. So they have ventured deep south before
LVK 404L
08 Aug 2013, 5:24 pm #29

(08 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm)fozzovmurton Just out of interest, why do Stagecoach in Sunderland stay within the City boundary I.e The Board Inn to the West and Seaburn and Grangetown to the North and South respectively.

Busways Favourite division was based in Hetton le HOle I think originally. And operated many county durham based services including service 22 Durham to Hartlepool. So they have ventured deep south before

Michael

08 Aug 2013, 5:27 pm #30
I would like to see stagecoach expand out of the Sunderland area but Murton/seaham/Boldon ASDA are all GNE now so don't think they would risk it.

Plus with Stagecoach merging most of their services together it seems to of worked for them...

Out of all the services in Sunderland -

3,4,12,13,16,20,23 all run every 10 mins during the week

10/11 is every 15 mins - 7/8 mins on some parts of the route

18/19 - every 30 mins

5/5A - 30 mins
39 (Contract) - 30 mins
X1 peak times every 20 mins.

E1/E2/E6 - every 20 mins each - 7/8 min service on some parts of the routes.

3,4,16,20 - all run every 20 mins on a Sunday now.

I wish they would expand but don't think they will they have cemented them self's right in to Sunderland

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Aug 2013, 5:27 pm #30

I would like to see stagecoach expand out of the Sunderland area but Murton/seaham/Boldon ASDA are all GNE now so don't think they would risk it.

Plus with Stagecoach merging most of their services together it seems to of worked for them...

Out of all the services in Sunderland -

3,4,12,13,16,20,23 all run every 10 mins during the week

10/11 is every 15 mins - 7/8 mins on some parts of the route

18/19 - every 30 mins

5/5A - 30 mins
39 (Contract) - 30 mins
X1 peak times every 20 mins.

E1/E2/E6 - every 20 mins each - 7/8 min service on some parts of the routes.

3,4,16,20 - all run every 20 mins on a Sunday now.

I wish they would expand but don't think they will they have cemented them self's right in to Sunderland

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

08 Aug 2013, 5:27 pm #31

Those bus services that there did in Murton and Seaham areas were under the Favourite name of Busways Travel Services, depot was at Hetton Lyons industrial estate then later at Herrington then Wheatsheaf, Favourite was started up to compete against Trimdon Motor Services (TMS) for Durham County Council secured work.

Ive mentioned a few times to Stagecoach that there should run a bus service between Sunderland and Hartlepool and could continue to Stockton or Middlesbrough, more passengers could use the stagecoach pass between Sunderland and Hartlepool, than Arriva poorly service 23 which turns up half the time

cbma06
08 Aug 2013, 5:27 pm #31

Those bus services that there did in Murton and Seaham areas were under the Favourite name of Busways Travel Services, depot was at Hetton Lyons industrial estate then later at Herrington then Wheatsheaf, Favourite was started up to compete against Trimdon Motor Services (TMS) for Durham County Council secured work.

Ive mentioned a few times to Stagecoach that there should run a bus service between Sunderland and Hartlepool and could continue to Stockton or Middlesbrough, more passengers could use the stagecoach pass between Sunderland and Hartlepool, than Arriva poorly service 23 which turns up half the time

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Aug 2013, 5:34 pm #32
Yeah, Favourite, what I remember about it, was its livery, Orange, Cream and Brown iirc..

I didn't realise they were stabled at Hetton.

Sunderland-Hartlepool is an interesting though as the Arriva 23 is turd and Pygalls look like a waste of Space with there medieval single Decker, there former gne yellow Decker and the flying banana I saw today
MrFozz
08 Aug 2013, 5:34 pm #32

Yeah, Favourite, what I remember about it, was its livery, Orange, Cream and Brown iirc..

Sunderland-Hartlepool is an interesting though as the Arriva 23 is turd and Pygalls look like a waste of Space with there medieval single Decker, there former gne yellow Decker and the flying banana I saw today

cbma06

08 Aug 2013, 6:05 pm #33
(08 Aug 2013, 5:34 pm)fozzovmurton Yeah, Favourite, what I remember about it, was its livery, Orange, Cream and Brown iirc..

Yes that was the livery, was told ages ago that when Busways got the following fleet of 1848 etc.., that there purchased them from GM Buses (Greater Manchester) could be wrong though if anybody knows the wiser? and Busways kept it in the same colour.

I think Stagecoach could do well between Sunderland and Hartlepool with connections going further at each end.

cbma06
08 Aug 2013, 6:05 pm #33

(08 Aug 2013, 5:34 pm)fozzovmurton Yeah, Favourite, what I remember about it, was its livery, Orange, Cream and Brown iirc..

Yes that was the livery, was told ages ago that when Busways got the following fleet of 1848 etc.., that there purchased them from GM Buses (Greater Manchester) could be wrong though if anybody knows the wiser? and Busways kept it in the same colour.

I think Stagecoach could do well between Sunderland and Hartlepool with connections going further at each end.

Andreos1

08 Aug 2013, 6:31 pm #34
I wonder how much of it is politics.
We all know about the investigations into route fixing etc., could this be part of it?
It's not as if Stagecoach as an organisation only know how to run city centre services. There will be money to be made, very strange they have never gone about doing it.
Andreos1
08 Aug 2013, 6:31 pm #34

I wonder how much of it is politics.
We all know about the investigations into route fixing etc., could this be part of it?
It's not as if Stagecoach as an organisation only know how to run city centre services. There will be money to be made, very strange they have never gone about doing it.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Aug 2013, 7:02 pm #35
I know it may sound utterly absurd, but I have heard a couple of drivers pretty much come up with quite a funny rumour

That bosses do deals with each other in the 19th after 18 holes of Golf or on the turn of a card.

I have wondered if politics comes into it, if they have gentlemens agreements and handshakes that sees them divide areas among themselves while competing at the same time Big Grin
MrFozz
08 Aug 2013, 7:02 pm #35

I know it may sound utterly absurd, but I have heard a couple of drivers pretty much come up with quite a funny rumour

That bosses do deals with each other in the 19th after 18 holes of Golf or on the turn of a card.

I have wondered if politics comes into it, if they have gentlemens agreements and handshakes that sees them divide areas among themselves while competing at the same time Big Grin

Andreos1

08 Aug 2013, 7:05 pm #36
Who knows what happens and whether it happens in the 19th hole, we do know that Arriva drivers are fed raw meat though!

Tyresmoke will be able to confirm whether its sirloin, rump or roadkill Smile

www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/arriva-go-north-east-secret-4419286
Edited 08 Aug 2013, 7:06 pm by Andreos1.
Andreos1
08 Aug 2013, 7:05 pm #36

Who knows what happens and whether it happens in the 19th hole, we do know that Arriva drivers are fed raw meat though!

Tyresmoke will be able to confirm whether its sirloin, rump or roadkill Smile

www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/arriva-go-north-east-secret-4419286

cbma06

08 Aug 2013, 7:21 pm #37
(08 Aug 2013, 6:31 pm)Andreos1 I wonder how much of it is politics.

I think Stagecoach are in content running city/town centre services in Sunderland, South Shields and Newcastle, watching the money coming in with higher bus fares and less passenger services to the public, since there streamlined the services and not wanting to travel out of the local area just in case GNE starts running a service in front of them. There would generate more money if there start to expand connecting each Stagecoach area together, there could compete against the metro between Sunderland and Newcastle, yes I know the metro is quicker but you cant use a Stagecoach pass on the metro. but the big 3 bus operators are just prepared to lay back on there own turf, with now and then there might go into other operators tertitory for a short period of time just to let the other 2 operators know that im still here.

cbma06
08 Aug 2013, 7:21 pm #37

(08 Aug 2013, 6:31 pm)Andreos1 I wonder how much of it is politics.

I think Stagecoach are in content running city/town centre services in Sunderland, South Shields and Newcastle, watching the money coming in with higher bus fares and less passenger services to the public, since there streamlined the services and not wanting to travel out of the local area just in case GNE starts running a service in front of them. There would generate more money if there start to expand connecting each Stagecoach area together, there could compete against the metro between Sunderland and Newcastle, yes I know the metro is quicker but you cant use a Stagecoach pass on the metro. but the big 3 bus operators are just prepared to lay back on there own turf, with now and then there might go into other operators tertitory for a short period of time just to let the other 2 operators know that im still here.

RJL66

11 Aug 2013, 10:57 am #38
(07 Aug 2013, 5:16 pm)stagecoachbusdepot

Well I was not getting into semantics! But I do believe I would divert the 7 around blakelaw road and that really would reduce the loss of service drastically and the section of the 6 aropund kingston park could be covered by creative option of the X47 !
RJL66
11 Aug 2013, 10:57 am #38

Well I was not getting into semantics! But I do believe I would divert the 7 around blakelaw road and that really would reduce the loss of service drastically and the section of the 6 aropund kingston park could be covered by creative option of the X47 !

11 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm #39
(11 Aug 2013, 10:57 am)RJL66

The 7 already operates along Blakelaw Road! All your suggestion would do is reduce the overall frequency along all sections of the route apart from Fawdon Metro to Ponteland Road.
stagecoachbusdepot
11 Aug 2013, 2:02 pm #39

(11 Aug 2013, 10:57 am)RJL66

The 7 already operates along Blakelaw Road! All your suggestion would do is reduce the overall frequency along all sections of the route apart from Fawdon Metro to Ponteland Road.

Michael

27 Sep 2013, 12:32 pm #40
Stagecoach in Sunderland should introduce the service 21 again but make a few change's - make it a loop service and introduce it like the 18/19...

21 >>>> - Theme road - Tilbury road - Tay road - Greenwood Road - Chester road - Pennywell road - Portchester road - Palgrove road - Hylton road - Fort Field road - Ford road - Fordenbridge lane - Hylton road - St Mary's - Holmeside - Hospital - Barnes Park road - Durham road - Townsend road - Theme road.... 22 <<<<<<<<<<<<

Half hourly routes -
21 - Anti Clockwise
22 - Clockwise

Would take 50 mins - would require 4 buses
Not sure i had a right fight on with Google maps, i gave up.. haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Sep 2013, 12:32 pm #40

Stagecoach in Sunderland should introduce the service 21 again but make a few change's - make it a loop service and introduce it like the 18/19...

21 >>>> - Theme road - Tilbury road - Tay road - Greenwood Road - Chester road - Pennywell road - Portchester road - Palgrove road - Hylton road - Fort Field road - Ford road - Fordenbridge lane - Hylton road - St Mary's - Holmeside - Hospital - Barnes Park road - Durham road - Townsend road - Theme road.... 22 <<<<<<<<<<<<

Half hourly routes -
21 - Anti Clockwise
22 - Clockwise

Would take 50 mins - would require 4 buses
Not sure i had a right fight on with Google maps, i gave up.. haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (51): Previous 1 2 351 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average