Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Service Suggestions

Arriva North East: Service Suggestions

Arriva North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (69) Previous 158 59 6069 Next
Train8261

14 Mar 2022, 10:15 am #1,161
(14 Mar 2022, 9:42 am)GNE6312 Arriva should extend the 44/45 to Newcastle Airport on all journeys
Don't think it could work with the 7 minutes connection with the 43 along to Newcastle
Train8261
14 Mar 2022, 10:15 am #1,161

(14 Mar 2022, 9:42 am)GNE6312 Arriva should extend the 44/45 to Newcastle Airport on all journeys
Don't think it could work with the 7 minutes connection with the 43 along to Newcastle

Storx

14 Mar 2022, 12:48 pm #1,162

What's the point, you can catch it direct from Newcastle / Regent Centre on the Metro much quicker and when you've paid £1k plus for a holiday a £20 taxi isn't the end of the world. Most people couldn't be chewed with a bus before a holiday especially with cases.
Storx
14 Mar 2022, 12:48 pm #1,162

What's the point, you can catch it direct from Newcastle / Regent Centre on the Metro much quicker and when you've paid £1k plus for a holiday a £20 taxi isn't the end of the world. Most people couldn't be chewed with a bus before a holiday especially with cases.

Shrek

14 Mar 2022, 4:28 pm #1,163
Because a lot of people don't want to pay for a day rover to get a bus and metro when an Arriva day ticket would be cheaper. There are also plenty of times where the Metro's are off at short notice (that's happened the last two times I've got a flight from the airport), so it would give additional choice on those occasions.

I actually know this idea has been put forward to Arriva as an idea to cover part of the route cut by GNE and the 42a. I don't know whether they have made a response to the idea though.
Shrek
14 Mar 2022, 4:28 pm #1,163

Because a lot of people don't want to pay for a day rover to get a bus and metro when an Arriva day ticket would be cheaper. There are also plenty of times where the Metro's are off at short notice (that's happened the last two times I've got a flight from the airport), so it would give additional choice on those occasions.

I actually know this idea has been put forward to Arriva as an idea to cover part of the route cut by GNE and the 42a. I don't know whether they have made a response to the idea though.

Train8261

14 Mar 2022, 4:53 pm #1,164
(14 Mar 2022, 4:28 pm)Shrek Because a lot of people don't want to pay for a day rover to get a bus and metro when an Arriva day ticket would be cheaper. There are also plenty of times where the Metro's are off at short notice (that's happened the last two times I've got a flight from the airport), so it would give additional choice on those occasions.

Nothing been changed on nexus or Arriva website
Train8261
14 Mar 2022, 4:53 pm #1,164

(14 Mar 2022, 4:28 pm)Shrek Because a lot of people don't want to pay for a day rover to get a bus and metro when an Arriva day ticket would be cheaper. There are also plenty of times where the Metro's are off at short notice (that's happened the last two times I've got a flight from the airport), so it would give additional choice on those occasions.

Nothing been changed on nexus or Arriva website

Storx

14 Mar 2022, 5:12 pm #1,165

There's no demand for it though hence why Nexus has cut the subsidised route serving it.

There's no chance Arriva will be running that though it was never a GNE route and is an old Arriva route which they ditched in 2012 or so (might be off a couple year out) with the 101 then 3 in it's later years which ran a much more sensible route connecting at Cramlington rather than Newcastle.

See: http://travelnortheast.co.uk/downloads/b...ingprk.pdf
Storx
14 Mar 2022, 5:12 pm #1,165

There's no demand for it though hence why Nexus has cut the subsidised route serving it.

There's no chance Arriva will be running that though it was never a GNE route and is an old Arriva route which they ditched in 2012 or so (might be off a couple year out) with the 101 then 3 in it's later years which ran a much more sensible route connecting at Cramlington rather than Newcastle.

See: http://travelnortheast.co.uk/downloads/b...ingprk.pdf

L469 YVK

10 Jun 2022, 7:33 pm #1,166
Promotional idea for 308 & 54 with timetable changes (improved connections in W.Bay and shift time coverage) and other uses. Would tie in with the appropriate zones covering Blyth & T&W.

"Work at Cobalt and live in Blyth? Then one ticket is all you will ever need"

"Catch our Service 308 & 54* to work and on your day off, get around with us onboard our fast X10/X11 service to Newcastle as well as many other local services too"

* Requires a change of bus in Whitley Bay
L469 YVK
10 Jun 2022, 7:33 pm #1,166

Promotional idea for 308 & 54 with timetable changes (improved connections in W.Bay and shift time coverage) and other uses. Would tie in with the appropriate zones covering Blyth & T&W.

"Work at Cobalt and live in Blyth? Then one ticket is all you will ever need"

"Catch our Service 308 & 54* to work and on your day off, get around with us onboard our fast X10/X11 service to Newcastle as well as many other local services too"

* Requires a change of bus in Whitley Bay

Storx

05 Jul 2022, 7:53 am #1,167
Simple one but change the 57/57A to do a loop around Whitley Bay like https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.04175...77!1m0!3e0

It's actually quicker and opens new links to the Seafront, the walk is a bit of a chore for people needing to do it rather than wasting time circling around the back of the Fire Station etc.

People from Park View could just get on towards Whitley Bay and go around the loop.
Storx
05 Jul 2022, 7:53 am #1,167

Simple one but change the 57/57A to do a loop around Whitley Bay like https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.04175...77!1m0!3e0

It's actually quicker and opens new links to the Seafront, the walk is a bit of a chore for people needing to do it rather than wasting time circling around the back of the Fire Station etc.

People from Park View could just get on towards Whitley Bay and go around the loop.

05 Jul 2022, 9:01 am #1,168
Google isn't good at sharing modified routes, your link just shows as a straight line over the Monkseaton Metro bridge.
omnicity4659
05 Jul 2022, 9:01 am #1,168

Google isn't good at sharing modified routes, your link just shows as a straight line over the Monkseaton Metro bridge.

Storx

05 Jul 2022, 9:58 pm #1,169
(05 Jul 2022, 9:01 am)omnicity4659 Google isn't good at sharing modified routes, your link just shows as a straight line over the Monkseaton Metro bridge.

Ah strange working fine for me.

It's Norham Road -> Park View -> Park Avenue -> Marine Avenue

Basically just the new route into Whitley Bay then the old route out, before all the changes, via the Playhouse. Seems logical to me, saves wandering around the back of the Firestation and it's actually a minute quicker aswell.
Storx
05 Jul 2022, 9:58 pm #1,169

(05 Jul 2022, 9:01 am)omnicity4659 Google isn't good at sharing modified routes, your link just shows as a straight line over the Monkseaton Metro bridge.

Ah strange working fine for me.

It's Norham Road -> Park View -> Park Avenue -> Marine Avenue

Basically just the new route into Whitley Bay then the old route out, before all the changes, via the Playhouse. Seems logical to me, saves wandering around the back of the Firestation and it's actually a minute quicker aswell.

10 Jul 2022, 12:27 am #1,170
Bring the old 9 back, running hourly every day: Central Station - Blakelaw - Kenton Bar, possibly extended to Cramlington and extended once each day to run between Haymarket and Belsay. Someone recently said they miss the old 9.
OrangeArrow49
10 Jul 2022, 12:27 am #1,170

Bring the old 9 back, running hourly every day: Central Station - Blakelaw - Kenton Bar, possibly extended to Cramlington and extended once each day to run between Haymarket and Belsay. Someone recently said they miss the old 9.

14 Jul 2022, 5:11 pm #1,171
(10 Jul 2022, 12:27 am)OrangeArrow49 Bring the old 9 back, running hourly every day: Central Station - Blakelaw - Kenton Bar, possibly extended to Cramlington and extended once each day to run between Haymarket and Belsay. Someone recently said they miss the old 9.

I used to use the 9/9A and then later 9X but sadly Arriva ran it into the ground constantly cancelling journeys to the point where it was no longer reliable and the inevitable happened. Not sure how it would manage in today’s world but it was a fantastic bus service whilst it ran but most of its route is served by other buses so cant imagine its going to happen. Sadly to say I can now see Stagecoach 31 the Montagu Estate leg going exactly the same way. Constantly cancelling journeys even late at night they’ve reduced the frequency and the passenger numbers seem at an all time low. With 10/11 almost following same route perhaps this long serving bus could be the next casualty.
Coastliner700
14 Jul 2022, 5:11 pm #1,171

(10 Jul 2022, 12:27 am)OrangeArrow49 Bring the old 9 back, running hourly every day: Central Station - Blakelaw - Kenton Bar, possibly extended to Cramlington and extended once each day to run between Haymarket and Belsay. Someone recently said they miss the old 9.

I used to use the 9/9A and then later 9X but sadly Arriva ran it into the ground constantly cancelling journeys to the point where it was no longer reliable and the inevitable happened. Not sure how it would manage in today’s world but it was a fantastic bus service whilst it ran but most of its route is served by other buses so cant imagine its going to happen. Sadly to say I can now see Stagecoach 31 the Montagu Estate leg going exactly the same way. Constantly cancelling journeys even late at night they’ve reduced the frequency and the passenger numbers seem at an all time low. With 10/11 almost following same route perhaps this long serving bus could be the next casualty.

14 Jul 2022, 6:49 pm #1,172
(14 Jul 2022, 5:11 pm)Coastliner700 I used to use the 9/9A and then later 9X but sadly Arriva ran it into the ground constantly cancelling journeys to the point where it was no longer reliable and the inevitable happened. Not sure how it would manage in today’s world but it was a fantastic bus service whilst it ran but most of its route is served by other buses so cant imagine its going to happen. Sadly to say I can now see Stagecoach 31 the Montagu Estate leg going exactly the same way. Constantly cancelling journeys even late at night they’ve reduced the frequency and the passenger numbers seem at an all time low. With 10/11 almost following same route perhaps this long serving bus could be the next casualty.

From your username, I would assume you like Arriva. Where did you travel on the service? I'm not sure I ever actually used the service, but I remember it passing me on the way to school and passing where I used to live. The service didn't look well used from what I saw of it (admittedly not much). Just recently a woman said in the street that she misses the old 9 and would use the bus if the brought and back, and said others would too, because it's better than what Stagecoach currently offers (presumably because Stagecoach doesn't serve a few streets, instead sticking to main roads)

Genuinely I don't think it matters that most of its route is served by other buses, as it always was really from what I remember. Arriva doesn't currently operate in any of the areas the 9 did, and if they did, it would introduce new ticket options. Stagecoach apparently didn't mind the competition from the 9 when it was a success. 

Even though Stagecoach only make small changes, the 31 could be revised as that would only be a small change. Didn't realise there was any duplication with the 10/11.
OrangeArrow49
14 Jul 2022, 6:49 pm #1,172

(14 Jul 2022, 5:11 pm)Coastliner700 I used to use the 9/9A and then later 9X but sadly Arriva ran it into the ground constantly cancelling journeys to the point where it was no longer reliable and the inevitable happened. Not sure how it would manage in today’s world but it was a fantastic bus service whilst it ran but most of its route is served by other buses so cant imagine its going to happen. Sadly to say I can now see Stagecoach 31 the Montagu Estate leg going exactly the same way. Constantly cancelling journeys even late at night they’ve reduced the frequency and the passenger numbers seem at an all time low. With 10/11 almost following same route perhaps this long serving bus could be the next casualty.

From your username, I would assume you like Arriva. Where did you travel on the service? I'm not sure I ever actually used the service, but I remember it passing me on the way to school and passing where I used to live. The service didn't look well used from what I saw of it (admittedly not much). Just recently a woman said in the street that she misses the old 9 and would use the bus if the brought and back, and said others would too, because it's better than what Stagecoach currently offers (presumably because Stagecoach doesn't serve a few streets, instead sticking to main roads)

Genuinely I don't think it matters that most of its route is served by other buses, as it always was really from what I remember. Arriva doesn't currently operate in any of the areas the 9 did, and if they did, it would introduce new ticket options. Stagecoach apparently didn't mind the competition from the 9 when it was a success. 

Even though Stagecoach only make small changes, the 31 could be revised as that would only be a small change. Didn't realise there was any duplication with the 10/11.

14 Jul 2022, 9:12 pm #1,173
(14 Jul 2022, 6:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 From your username, I would assume you like Arriva. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastliner_700
omnicity4659
14 Jul 2022, 9:12 pm #1,173

(14 Jul 2022, 6:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 From your username, I would assume you like Arriva. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastliner_700

14 Jul 2022, 10:31 pm #1,174
(14 Jul 2022, 9:12 pm)omnicity4659 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastliner_700

Ah, interesting. So I assumed wrong. Fair enough.

Never really liked Arriva myself, but I think it was good when they had the 9, it was a nice little service. I have never discovered why it was the 9X though, I don't think it was an express.
OrangeArrow49
14 Jul 2022, 10:31 pm #1,174

(14 Jul 2022, 9:12 pm)omnicity4659 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastliner_700

Ah, interesting. So I assumed wrong. Fair enough.

Never really liked Arriva myself, but I think it was good when they had the 9, it was a nice little service. I have never discovered why it was the 9X though, I don't think it was an express.

Rob44

15 Jul 2022, 7:36 am #1,175
wasnt the 9 a secured service operated by northumbria but paid for by newus?
Rob44
15 Jul 2022, 7:36 am #1,175

wasnt the 9 a secured service operated by northumbria but paid for by newus?

19 Jul 2022, 2:31 pm #1,176
If somebody was planning to do a rival Newcastle - Blyth express, what would be the best routing in order to make it a reasonable success?

My orignial routing was:
Haymarket, Gosforth High Street, Regent Centre, A1, Old Great North Road, Bladgon Lane, Northumberlandia Car Park, East Hartford, Furnace Bank, B1331, Moorland Avenue, East Sleekburn, A189, Bebeside, Cowpen Lane, Waterloo Road & Blyth Bus Station which would take about 54 minutes depending on traffic.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
19 Jul 2022, 2:31 pm #1,176

If somebody was planning to do a rival Newcastle - Blyth express, what would be the best routing in order to make it a reasonable success?

My orignial routing was:
Haymarket, Gosforth High Street, Regent Centre, A1, Old Great North Road, Bladgon Lane, Northumberlandia Car Park, East Hartford, Furnace Bank, B1331, Moorland Avenue, East Sleekburn, A189, Bebeside, Cowpen Lane, Waterloo Road & Blyth Bus Station which would take about 54 minutes depending on traffic.

19 Jul 2022, 3:16 pm #1,177
(19 Jul 2022, 2:31 pm)ASX_Terranova If somebody was planning to do a rival Newcastle - Blyth express, what would be the best routing in order to make it a reasonable success?

My orignial routing was:

Nothing there to serve apart from Northumberlandia, which isn't popular nor interesting - it's just an apology from Banks Group for digging massive holes.
Not suitable for buses.
Weak bridge prevents access to East Sleekburn.

X30 being operated all day would be sufficient, perhaps a bidirectional circular service so Bebside gets an express straight down the Spine Road too without travel via Blyth/Newsham.

The best route would be straight up the Spine Road to Blyth, then serving Cambois (observing East Sleekburn road end on the way) if you really needed to serve it.
omnicity4659
19 Jul 2022, 3:16 pm #1,177

(19 Jul 2022, 2:31 pm)ASX_Terranova If somebody was planning to do a rival Newcastle - Blyth express, what would be the best routing in order to make it a reasonable success?

My orignial routing was:

Nothing there to serve apart from Northumberlandia, which isn't popular nor interesting - it's just an apology from Banks Group for digging massive holes.
Not suitable for buses.

X30 being operated all day would be sufficient, perhaps a bidirectional circular service so Bebside gets an express straight down the Spine Road too without travel via Blyth/Newsham.

The best route would be straight up the Spine Road to Blyth, then serving Cambois (observing East Sleekburn road end on the way) if you really needed to serve it.

19 Jul 2022, 3:24 pm #1,178
(19 Jul 2022, 3:16 pm)omnicity4659 Nothing there to serve apart from Northumberlandia, which isn't popular nor interesting - it's just an apology from Banks Group for digging massive holes.
Not suitable for buses.

Theres a village at east hartford, surely a direct newcastle bus would be good for them. I also can't see on google maps where the weak bridge is?

ASX_Terranova
19 Jul 2022, 3:24 pm #1,178

(19 Jul 2022, 3:16 pm)omnicity4659 Nothing there to serve apart from Northumberlandia, which isn't popular nor interesting - it's just an apology from Banks Group for digging massive holes.
Not suitable for buses.

Theres a village at east hartford, surely a direct newcastle bus would be good for them. I also can't see on google maps where the weak bridge is?

19 Jul 2022, 3:29 pm #1,179
(19 Jul 2022, 3:24 pm)ASX_Terranova Theres a village at east hartford, surely a direct newcastle would be good for them.

But it doesn't justify the cost of running a bus service through there the way you propose it, I'm sure the Arriva 43 went into the village at one point too?

The Arriva 43 is actually the closest route to serve it, it passes by on the main road.
omnicity4659
19 Jul 2022, 3:29 pm #1,179

(19 Jul 2022, 3:24 pm)ASX_Terranova Theres a village at east hartford, surely a direct newcastle would be good for them.

But it doesn't justify the cost of running a bus service through there the way you propose it, I'm sure the Arriva 43 went into the village at one point too?

The Arriva 43 is actually the closest route to serve it, it passes by on the main road.

19 Jul 2022, 3:46 pm #1,180
(19 Jul 2022, 3:29 pm)omnicity4659 But it doesn't justify the cost of running a bus service through there the way you propose it, I'm sure the Arriva 43 went into the village at one point too?

You have the 58, which could be changed to go into newcastle.

ASX_Terranova
19 Jul 2022, 3:46 pm #1,180

(19 Jul 2022, 3:29 pm)omnicity4659 But it doesn't justify the cost of running a bus service through there the way you propose it, I'm sure the Arriva 43 went into the village at one point too?

You have the 58, which could be changed to go into newcastle.

Pages (69) Previous 158 59 6069 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average