Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Service Suggestions

Arriva North East: Service Suggestions

Arriva North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (68) Previous 160 61 6268 Next
col87

04 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm #1,201
(04 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm)Unber43 The 25 is the 62 which mostly runs in GNE territory if it apparently didn't work for GNE arriva aren't going to stand the chance, especially with them being the odd one out in the Sunderland area. 

27 again that is pretty much the X1, however I never really understood why the X1, atleast 1 per hour never has again it would pretty much have Arriva sticking out like a sore thumb and it would push more people away from buses, same with the 26. Also I can't imagine many people want to go to Hartlepool from Seaham/Dalton Park. 

If anything Hartlepool to Dalton Park should be a bigger part of an express similar to the X22 (which I believe is already a service in the Peterlee area), and every 30 mins between Dalton Park and Newcastle I doubt would work through Arriva maybe with GNE operating it but Arriva wouldn’t stand a chance.
Was just a few ideas. You would be surprised how many people go to Dalton Park from Hartlepool as well and a Service to Seaham especially during holidays would actually work especially with trains not been very reliable and packed.  I meant to put X23 instead of X22.     One of the problems with this forum is mean people moan about services not been good enough or services been cut when they needed yet when suggestions are made people just say it won’t work. Nobody can know for sure unless things get tried though.  
That express is not quite the same as the X1 either there is no service From Hartlepool or Peterlee to Beamish. It opens up a new link to get to the museum.   It provides some links lost from the 55 going.  The 25 while similar to the 62 would open up links to Hordon Stations.  Despite having a bus stop  do any services go to the station at all.
col87
04 Aug 2022, 6:55 pm #1,201

(04 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm)Unber43 The 25 is the 62 which mostly runs in GNE territory if it apparently didn't work for GNE arriva aren't going to stand the chance, especially with them being the odd one out in the Sunderland area. 

27 again that is pretty much the X1, however I never really understood why the X1, atleast 1 per hour never has again it would pretty much have Arriva sticking out like a sore thumb and it would push more people away from buses, same with the 26. Also I can't imagine many people want to go to Hartlepool from Seaham/Dalton Park. 

If anything Hartlepool to Dalton Park should be a bigger part of an express similar to the X22 (which I believe is already a service in the Peterlee area), and every 30 mins between Dalton Park and Newcastle I doubt would work through Arriva maybe with GNE operating it but Arriva wouldn’t stand a chance.
Was just a few ideas. You would be surprised how many people go to Dalton Park from Hartlepool as well and a Service to Seaham especially during holidays would actually work especially with trains not been very reliable and packed.  I meant to put X23 instead of X22.     One of the problems with this forum is mean people moan about services not been good enough or services been cut when they needed yet when suggestions are made people just say it won’t work. Nobody can know for sure unless things get tried though.  
That express is not quite the same as the X1 either there is no service From Hartlepool or Peterlee to Beamish. It opens up a new link to get to the museum.   It provides some links lost from the 55 going.  The 25 while similar to the 62 would open up links to Hordon Stations.  Despite having a bus stop  do any services go to the station at all.

F114TML

04 Aug 2022, 7:35 pm #1,202
The 62 failed because it went through Horden, at least going by what people in the local Facebook group were moaning about. It increased the journey time to Peterlee for little benefit, and introduced a longer walk for those using to get to either EDC or Easington Academy.

I think they'd be much better (if they were tapping into the Seaham & Dawdon - Easington/Peterlee market) by just diverting the 22 via Dawdon & the harbour, even if it was just once per hour as the 22A.
F114TML
04 Aug 2022, 7:35 pm #1,202

The 62 failed because it went through Horden, at least going by what people in the local Facebook group were moaning about. It increased the journey time to Peterlee for little benefit, and introduced a longer walk for those using to get to either EDC or Easington Academy.

I think they'd be much better (if they were tapping into the Seaham & Dawdon - Easington/Peterlee market) by just diverting the 22 via Dawdon & the harbour, even if it was just once per hour as the 22A.

col87

04 Aug 2022, 8:56 pm #1,203
(04 Aug 2022, 7:35 pm)F114TML The 62 failed because it went through Horden, at least going by what people in the local Facebook group were moaning about. It increased the journey time to Peterlee for little benefit, and introduced a longer walk for those using to get to either EDC or Easington Academy.

Would it not be better if the 23 did there as the 22 seems long enough as it is.
col87
04 Aug 2022, 8:56 pm #1,203

(04 Aug 2022, 7:35 pm)F114TML The 62 failed because it went through Horden, at least going by what people in the local Facebook group were moaning about. It increased the journey time to Peterlee for little benefit, and introduced a longer walk for those using to get to either EDC or Easington Academy.

Would it not be better if the 23 did there as the 22 seems long enough as it is.

F114TML

04 Aug 2022, 9:01 pm #1,204
(04 Aug 2022, 8:56 pm)col87 Would it not be better if the 23 did there as the 22 seems long enough as it is.
Yeah but that conflicts with my statement as to why the 62 failed Wink

Although tbf it doesn't actually go through Horden, just Easington Colliery, but still. 22 is best of both worlds (if what I was saying was correct in that people wanted the bus to stop at, or very near, to Easington Academy or East Durham College - 22 stops outside both.
F114TML
04 Aug 2022, 9:01 pm #1,204

(04 Aug 2022, 8:56 pm)col87 Would it not be better if the 23 did there as the 22 seems long enough as it is.
Yeah but that conflicts with my statement as to why the 62 failed Wink

Although tbf it doesn't actually go through Horden, just Easington Colliery, but still. 22 is best of both worlds (if what I was saying was correct in that people wanted the bus to stop at, or very near, to Easington Academy or East Durham College - 22 stops outside both.

Storx

04 Aug 2022, 9:32 pm #1,205

Surely the 62 failed because of:

The 22/23 is quicker between Sunderland and Easington / Peterlee and more frequent
The X6 is quicker between Seaham and Peterlee
The X6 left 5 mins apart between Seaham and Sunderland
The X1 does South Hetton and Easington Lane to Peterlee quicker

Once you take all that out what exactly did it do, Easington to Seaham / South Hetton via the world and Murton to Peterlee around the world as there's nothing else there really (the 55 still existed at the time).
Storx
04 Aug 2022, 9:32 pm #1,205

Surely the 62 failed because of:

The 22/23 is quicker between Sunderland and Easington / Peterlee and more frequent

Once you take all that out what exactly did it do, Easington to Seaham / South Hetton via the world and Murton to Peterlee around the world as there's nothing else there really (the 55 still existed at the time).

Unber43

04 Aug 2022, 9:38 pm #1,206
(04 Aug 2022, 9:32 pm)Storx Surely the 62 failed because of:

I don't think 22/23 really had any impact because the 202 was always popular before, however its the timings with the X6. 

X1 extension we can debate all day but it was to cancel 55 whether GNE says it or not.
Unber43
04 Aug 2022, 9:38 pm #1,206

I don't think 22/23 really had any impact because the 202 was always popular before, however its the timings with the X6. 

X1 extension we can debate all day but it was to cancel 55 whether GNE says it or not.

F114TML

04 Aug 2022, 9:39 pm #1,207

The route it replaced (the 202) was fine though.

The 62 and 202 had decent loads throughout from what I experienced, so it wasn't even that much of a failure. And now Dawdon has completely lost its service to Dalton Park and Peterlee.
F114TML
04 Aug 2022, 9:39 pm #1,207

The route it replaced (the 202) was fine though.

The 62 and 202 had decent loads throughout from what I experienced, so it wasn't even that much of a failure. And now Dawdon has completely lost its service to Dalton Park and Peterlee.

Storx

04 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm #1,208
(04 Aug 2022, 9:39 pm)F114TML The route it replaced (the 202) was fine though.

tbh it's all down the 65 being upped to every 30 minutes which really wasn't needed imo.

The whole network around there someone needs to sit down and think what's going on tbh. Low Moorsley a population of about 300 people have a better bus service than Murton and South Hetton it's just messed up and I'm really not sure whether they really need 5 X1's South of Houghton an hour. It's a waste of resources imo.
Storx
04 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm #1,208

(04 Aug 2022, 9:39 pm)F114TML The route it replaced (the 202) was fine though.

tbh it's all down the 65 being upped to every 30 minutes which really wasn't needed imo.

The whole network around there someone needs to sit down and think what's going on tbh. Low Moorsley a population of about 300 people have a better bus service than Murton and South Hetton it's just messed up and I'm really not sure whether they really need 5 X1's South of Houghton an hour. It's a waste of resources imo.

Unber43

04 Aug 2022, 11:37 pm #1,209
(04 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm)Storx tbh it's all down the 65 being upped to every 30 minutes which really wasn't needed imo.

I know people who use the 65 who said through Seaham-Durham it is always busy. When i've seen it all over parts of its route its quite busy I got on it from Hetton to Durham and it was quite full.

Do you use the X1? As whenever im on it is normally quite busy before it reaches Houghton, infact more people tend to get on before Houghton then any other place on the route except Washignton
Unber43
04 Aug 2022, 11:37 pm #1,209

(04 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm)Storx tbh it's all down the 65 being upped to every 30 minutes which really wasn't needed imo.

I know people who use the 65 who said through Seaham-Durham it is always busy. When i've seen it all over parts of its route its quite busy I got on it from Hetton to Durham and it was quite full.

Do you use the X1? As whenever im on it is normally quite busy before it reaches Houghton, infact more people tend to get on before Houghton then any other place on the route except Washignton

F114TML

05 Aug 2022, 8:39 am #1,210
Oh yeah, when the 65 is allocated a Solo (which I've had twice), it's standing room only - was never like that as the 265 unless it was kicky out time at schools.
F114TML
05 Aug 2022, 8:39 am #1,210

Oh yeah, when the 65 is allocated a Solo (which I've had twice), it's standing room only - was never like that as the 265 unless it was kicky out time at schools.

L469 YVK

12 Aug 2022, 6:07 pm #1,211
Will be interesting to see how this plays out after Union action at CLS.

(12 Aug 2022, 5:44 pm)peter There wouldn't be enough space at Blyth to house the 43/44/45, 52/53/54 and 306 on top of their current routes.

One thing I have noticed which may not be a coincidence is the 30th October is when the Covid money runs out...perhaps we've got some cuts coming so there is enough room for everything at Blyth (apart from the midibus routes and 685).
Other than maybe the following which could happen, Northumbria has a pretty stable and solid network.

- X8 withdrawn.

- X7 increased to every 20 mins.

- 43 every 30 mins to Cramlington, then every 60 mins to Blyth following current X8 route from Cramlington. Maybe additionally serving Amersham Road.

- 43A every 30 minutes to Cramlington then every 60 mins to Morpeth via current 43 route between Cramlington and Morpeth. Same route as X8 between Cramlington and Annitsford, then via Fern Drive to Dudley before following same route as 43. Maybe additionally serving NESEH grounds.

Current PVRs - Total 29x:
- 43 - 7x (on normal 15 min frequency)
- X7/X8/X9 - 14X
- X10/X11 - 8X

New PVRs - Total 29x: 
- 43/43A - 9x
- X7 - 7x
- X9/X10/X11 - 13x

Wouldn't be an actual PVR reduction, but would create some new links in the process.
Edited 12 Aug 2022, 6:15 pm by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
12 Aug 2022, 6:07 pm #1,211

Will be interesting to see how this plays out after Union action at CLS.

(12 Aug 2022, 5:44 pm)peter There wouldn't be enough space at Blyth to house the 43/44/45, 52/53/54 and 306 on top of their current routes.

One thing I have noticed which may not be a coincidence is the 30th October is when the Covid money runs out...perhaps we've got some cuts coming so there is enough room for everything at Blyth (apart from the midibus routes and 685).
Other than maybe the following which could happen, Northumbria has a pretty stable and solid network.

- X8 withdrawn.

- X7 increased to every 20 mins.

- 43 every 30 mins to Cramlington, then every 60 mins to Blyth following current X8 route from Cramlington. Maybe additionally serving Amersham Road.

- 43A every 30 minutes to Cramlington then every 60 mins to Morpeth via current 43 route between Cramlington and Morpeth. Same route as X8 between Cramlington and Annitsford, then via Fern Drive to Dudley before following same route as 43. Maybe additionally serving NESEH grounds.

Current PVRs - Total 29x:
- 43 - 7x (on normal 15 min frequency)
- X7/X8/X9 - 14X
- X10/X11 - 8X

New PVRs - Total 29x: 
- 43/43A - 9x
- X7 - 7x
- X9/X10/X11 - 13x

Wouldn't be an actual PVR reduction, but would create some new links in the process.

Storx

12 Aug 2022, 8:51 pm #1,212
(12 Aug 2022, 8:27 pm)Malarkey Could the likes of Services 1/2 interwork or merge with 308 for example in order to reduce PVR at Blyth, furthermore is there really the need for the amount of Services that go through Gosforth/Regent Centre and Blyth, could some of these express service again be merged into normal standard services such as the 52/54/55 with the X7/X8 given they operate through similar corridors.

Merging the 52/54/55 and X7 is a just a big no unless you want to kill the route for a second time, they tried it before and people voted with their feet.

I don't think the X8 will survive though unless something changes and will merge with the 52 somehow at some point, they're both a bit samey.

I know this isn't a suggestions thread but imo doing either these:

X7 - Do the old 363 route via Fern Drive
52 - Current route to Burradon, then X8 route to Blyth
X8 - Withdrawn

or

X7 - Same
52 - Same extended to Blyth via X8 route
X20 - Additionally serve High Pit and Annitsford like the old X24/X25 omitting Cramlington (they're covered by the 57A and X9 anyway)
X8 - Withdrawn

Haven't decided which would be better but the X20 is a quiet route aswell and Burradon only ever used to have a 30 minute service with the 363/364 for years until they rerouted the X24/X25 through there.
Storx
12 Aug 2022, 8:51 pm #1,212

(12 Aug 2022, 8:27 pm)Malarkey Could the likes of Services 1/2 interwork or merge with 308 for example in order to reduce PVR at Blyth, furthermore is there really the need for the amount of Services that go through Gosforth/Regent Centre and Blyth, could some of these express service again be merged into normal standard services such as the 52/54/55 with the X7/X8 given they operate through similar corridors.

Merging the 52/54/55 and X7 is a just a big no unless you want to kill the route for a second time, they tried it before and people voted with their feet.

I don't think the X8 will survive though unless something changes and will merge with the 52 somehow at some point, they're both a bit samey.

X8 - Withdrawn

or

X7 - Same
X20 - Additionally serve High Pit and Annitsford like the old X24/X25 omitting Cramlington (they're covered by the 57A and X9 anyway)
X8 - Withdrawn

Haven't decided which would be better but the X20 is a quiet route aswell and Burradon only ever used to have a 30 minute service with the 363/364 for years until they rerouted the X24/X25 through there.

12 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm #1,213
Transfer 44/45 to Belmont and interwork with X12
minibus1474
12 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm #1,213

Transfer 44/45 to Belmont and interwork with X12

12 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm #1,214
(12 Aug 2022, 8:51 pm)Storx Merging the 52/54/55 and X7 is a just a big no unless you want to kill the route for a second time, they tried it before and people voted with their feet.

X8 - Withdrawn

or

X7 - Same
X8 - Withdrawn

Any more changes to extend the already lengthy X7 journey times will probably will kill it again, possibly unless Arriva extend the Cramlington Routesaver validity into Seaton Valley to compensate. The fares are already far to high for Seaton Valley and have been for too long IMHO.
solsburian
12 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm #1,214

(12 Aug 2022, 8:51 pm)Storx Merging the 52/54/55 and X7 is a just a big no unless you want to kill the route for a second time, they tried it before and people voted with their feet.

X8 - Withdrawn

or

X7 - Same
X8 - Withdrawn

Any more changes to extend the already lengthy X7 journey times will probably will kill it again, possibly unless Arriva extend the Cramlington Routesaver validity into Seaton Valley to compensate. The fares are already far to high for Seaton Valley and have been for too long IMHO.

Storx

12 Aug 2022, 9:34 pm #1,215
(12 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm)solsburian Any more changes to extend the already lengthy X7 journey times will probably will kill it again, possibly unless Arriva extend the Cramlington Routesaver validity into Seaton Valley to compensate. The fares are already far to high for Seaton Valley and have been for too long IMHO.

Aye totally agreed tbh. Mind I think the first one I'd probably accept if they upped it to every 20 minutes for compensation. I'd take the more frequent service for an extra couple minutes personally. There's probably enough on the route to warrant it really with South Beach, Seaton Valley, Fern Drive, Burradon and Quorum.
Storx
12 Aug 2022, 9:34 pm #1,215

(12 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm)solsburian Any more changes to extend the already lengthy X7 journey times will probably will kill it again, possibly unless Arriva extend the Cramlington Routesaver validity into Seaton Valley to compensate. The fares are already far to high for Seaton Valley and have been for too long IMHO.

Aye totally agreed tbh. Mind I think the first one I'd probably accept if they upped it to every 20 minutes for compensation. I'd take the more frequent service for an extra couple minutes personally. There's probably enough on the route to warrant it really with South Beach, Seaton Valley, Fern Drive, Burradon and Quorum.

peter

12 Aug 2022, 9:48 pm #1,216
(12 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm)minibus1474 Transfer 44/45 to Belmont and interwork with X12

Although I get where you're coming from as it says some roles are moving to Belmont, I think that's primarily the engineering side of things. The X12 runs hourly to Newcastle where the 44/45 run every 15/20 minutes-ish so I can't see it working. Also, the X12 is run by Stockton now anyways.

(12 Aug 2022, 9:30 pm)V514DFT What are the interworking paterns like at Jesmond

The 52, 53 and 54 interwork. The 43, 44 and 45 interwork currently, if the timetable ever re-increases the 43 is standalone from the 44/45. The 46/46A interwork with the 51/51A. Everything else standalone I believe.
peter
12 Aug 2022, 9:48 pm #1,216

(12 Aug 2022, 9:17 pm)minibus1474 Transfer 44/45 to Belmont and interwork with X12

Although I get where you're coming from as it says some roles are moving to Belmont, I think that's primarily the engineering side of things. The X12 runs hourly to Newcastle where the 44/45 run every 15/20 minutes-ish so I can't see it working. Also, the X12 is run by Stockton now anyways.

(12 Aug 2022, 9:30 pm)V514DFT What are the interworking paterns like at Jesmond

The 52, 53 and 54 interwork. The 43, 44 and 45 interwork currently, if the timetable ever re-increases the 43 is standalone from the 44/45. The 46/46A interwork with the 51/51A. Everything else standalone I believe.

L469 YVK

13 Aug 2022, 9:35 am #1,217
A hypothetical one here, would Arriva not have been better off doing a deal with GNE?

GNE > Arriva
- 21 - Arriva takes this on and operates out of Belmont.
- GNE keep the X21 to keep CMA happy.

Arriva > GNE
- All Jesmond routes bar the 306 which is kept by Arriva and moved to Blyth. 685 moved to Hexham.
* All other services split between Percy Main & Riverside.

Benefits:
- Dead mileage reduced for both operators (although GNE would need to keep the X21 > could find space at Washington maybe moving the 8 to Consett and doing remote reliefs at Stanley).
- ANE get another 'gold mine' route in their portfolio alongside the 308 as well as some drivers from GNE's CLS operation if they agreed to TUPE and move to Belmont.
- GNE get an increased presence again in North Tyneside and can (hopefully under a new MD) stabilise their network.
- ANE can have a stronger focus concentrating on Blyth & Ashington.
L469 YVK
13 Aug 2022, 9:35 am #1,217

A hypothetical one here, would Arriva not have been better off doing a deal with GNE?

GNE > Arriva

Arriva > GNE
- All Jesmond routes bar the 306 which is kept by Arriva and moved to Blyth. 685 moved to Hexham.

Benefits:
- Dead mileage reduced for both operators (although GNE would need to keep the X21 > could find space at Washington maybe moving the 8 to Consett and doing remote reliefs at Stanley).
- ANE get another 'gold mine' route in their portfolio alongside the 308 as well as some drivers from GNE's CLS operation if they agreed to TUPE and move to Belmont.
- GNE get an increased presence again in North Tyneside and can (hopefully under a new MD) stabilise their network.

Jack Gill

13 Aug 2022, 9:42 am #1,218
I highly doubt GNE would give Arriva their flagship and strongest route
Jack Gill
13 Aug 2022, 9:42 am #1,218

I highly doubt GNE would give Arriva their flagship and strongest route

L469 YVK

13 Aug 2022, 9:47 am #1,219
(13 Aug 2022, 9:42 am)Jack Gill I highly doubt GNE would give Arriva their flagship and strongest route
So GNE would be giving up a PVR of 13x.......but in return:

- 43/44/45 - 12x - These set of routes are actually money makers
- 52/53/54 - 14x - not exactly 'money makers' but could stabilise GNE's North Tyneside network
- 685 - 3x - Capable of making money
- 46/46A/51/51A - 5x

The big one for both operators (with the exception of the X21) would be the reduction of dead mileage and complicated interworking patterns.
L469 YVK
13 Aug 2022, 9:47 am #1,219

(13 Aug 2022, 9:42 am)Jack Gill I highly doubt GNE would give Arriva their flagship and strongest route
So GNE would be giving up a PVR of 13x.......but in return:

- 43/44/45 - 12x - These set of routes are actually money makers
- 52/53/54 - 14x - not exactly 'money makers' but could stabilise GNE's North Tyneside network
- 685 - 3x - Capable of making money
- 46/46A/51/51A - 5x

The big one for both operators (with the exception of the X21) would be the reduction of dead mileage and complicated interworking patterns.

citaro5284

13 Aug 2022, 9:50 am #1,220
(13 Aug 2022, 9:35 am)L469 YVK A hypothetical one here, would Arriva not have been better off doing a deal with GNE?

GNE > Arriva

Arriva > GNE

Benefits:

You must have been smoking some kind of drugs there this morning Davey son!
citaro5284
13 Aug 2022, 9:50 am #1,220

(13 Aug 2022, 9:35 am)L469 YVK A hypothetical one here, would Arriva not have been better off doing a deal with GNE?

GNE > Arriva

Arriva > GNE

Benefits:

You must have been smoking some kind of drugs there this morning Davey son!

Pages (68) Previous 160 61 6268 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average