Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators North Yorkshire Independents Stephensons of Easingwold

Stephensons of Easingwold

Stephensons of Easingwold

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
Cock Robin

08 Jan 2018, 4:08 pm #41
45 is running again today apparently!

(07 Jan 2018, 10:59 pm)Cough41 So would this apply to compass Royston as well then ? If a proctors coach turns up or a eskvalley coach ?  On a school contract Awarded to compass Royston ? My daughter goes to Askham Bryan at york from Northallerton and liked the journey far better when a coach from north east bus and coach
turned up with a smoggy driver , because if Johnny Foreigner turns up from easing wold she won’t be going on it as he couldn’t tell the time or understand what a red traffic light , or maybe just didn’t want to ! 
If I had bought Stephenson’s I wouldn’t keep that name as anyone knows when you mention Stephenson’s  it’s that company who drove kids in to the water and nearly killed them
I’ve come to the conclusion that most company’s with white coaches are cowboys   Cowboy Kevin !

Good point re Compass Royston.
Edited 08 Jan 2018, 4:09 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
08 Jan 2018, 4:08 pm #41

45 is running again today apparently!

(07 Jan 2018, 10:59 pm)Cough41 So would this apply to compass Royston as well then ? If a proctors coach turns up or a eskvalley coach ?  On a school contract Awarded to compass Royston ? My daughter goes to Askham Bryan at york from Northallerton and liked the journey far better when a coach from north east bus and coach
turned up with a smoggy driver , because if Johnny Foreigner turns up from easing wold she won’t be going on it as he couldn’t tell the time or understand what a red traffic light , or maybe just didn’t want to ! 
If I had bought Stephenson’s I wouldn’t keep that name as anyone knows when you mention Stephenson’s  it’s that company who drove kids in to the water and nearly killed them
I’ve come to the conclusion that most company’s with white coaches are cowboys   Cowboy Kevin !

Good point re Compass Royston.

S830OFT

08 Jan 2018, 7:32 pm #42
Which operator commenced operating service 45 today?

S830OFT
08 Jan 2018, 7:32 pm #42

Which operator commenced operating service 45 today?

Cock Robin

09 Jan 2018, 3:49 pm #43
Well it was the same plain white Centro that has been on lately.
Cock Robin
09 Jan 2018, 3:49 pm #43

Well it was the same plain white Centro that has been on lately.

Pulsar

20 Jan 2018, 7:14 pm #44
Hearing reports that these have gone out of business. With routes passing to Connexions and Transdev. It has been posted on the Yorkshire Coastliner Facebook page that they will take over routes 29 and 31 / 31X from Monday.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.
Pulsar
20 Jan 2018, 7:14 pm #44

Hearing reports that these have gone out of business. With routes passing to Connexions and Transdev. It has been posted on the Yorkshire Coastliner Facebook page that they will take over routes 29 and 31 / 31X from Monday.

My Flickr Account - Photos from the North East and Beyond.

tyresmoke

20 Jan 2018, 7:20 pm #45
Yes the whole business has failed this evening, just two weeks after the North East business went and (some) drivers transferred to Easingwold!
Transdev taking on the 29/31/31X between York & Easingwold
Connexions taking on the 181 between York & Malton

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
20 Jan 2018, 7:20 pm #45

Yes the whole business has failed this evening, just two weeks after the North East business went and (some) drivers transferred to Easingwold!
Transdev taking on the 29/31/31X between York & Easingwold
Connexions taking on the 181 between York & Malton

jimmoc

20 Jan 2018, 9:08 pm #46
Dose anyone know what will happen to 190 193 194 routes
jimmoc
20 Jan 2018, 9:08 pm #46

Dose anyone know what will happen to 190 193 194 routes

20 Jan 2018, 9:27 pm #47
Or what’s happening with the Askham Bryan run to Northallerton ? Hope it’s not cowboy Kevs lot ! As that will be the end of her attending Askham Bryan
Cough41
20 Jan 2018, 9:27 pm #47

Or what’s happening with the Askham Bryan run to Northallerton ? Hope it’s not cowboy Kevs lot ! As that will be the end of her attending Askham Bryan

Kuyoyo

21 Jan 2018, 4:43 pm #48
Full details of new operators for Stephensons services from tomorrow up to now
https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/bus-servic...s-and-news
Kuyoyo
21 Jan 2018, 4:43 pm #48

Full details of new operators for Stephensons services from tomorrow up to now
https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/bus-servic...s-and-news

22 Jan 2018, 7:33 pm #49
Well a wrays of Harrogate turned up , Askham Bryan saying it’s Pullman’s doing it ! Looks like end of Askham Bryan for my daughter as I see wrays of Harrogate are owned by the biggest cowboy bus operator in the north east !
Cough41
22 Jan 2018, 7:33 pm #49

Well a wrays of Harrogate turned up , Askham Bryan saying it’s Pullman’s doing it ! Looks like end of Askham Bryan for my daughter as I see wrays of Harrogate are owned by the biggest cowboy bus operator in the north east !

tyresmoke

22 Jan 2018, 8:17 pm #50
(22 Jan 2018, 7:33 pm)Cough41 Well a wrays of Harrogate turned up , Askham Bryan saying it’s Pullman’s doing it !  Looks like end of Askham Bryan  for my daughter as I see wrays of Harrogate are owned by the biggest cowboy bus operator in the north east !

Really?! Some info for you... Wrays of Harrogate are one of York Pullman's subsidiaries

tyresmoke
22 Jan 2018, 8:17 pm #50

(22 Jan 2018, 7:33 pm)Cough41 Well a wrays of Harrogate turned up , Askham Bryan saying it’s Pullman’s doing it !  Looks like end of Askham Bryan  for my daughter as I see wrays of Harrogate are owned by the biggest cowboy bus operator in the north east !

Really?! Some info for you... Wrays of Harrogate are one of York Pullman's subsidiaries

22 Jan 2018, 8:22 pm #51
A director then ? 
I guess you know who I am describing then
Edited 22 Jan 2018, 8:25 pm by Cough41.
Cough41
22 Jan 2018, 8:22 pm #51

A director then ? 
I guess you know who I am describing then

tyresmoke

22 Jan 2018, 8:53 pm #52
Wrays has nothing to do with Procter, although I see he does have a dormant company registered in that name. It is part of York Pullman, owned by Tom James, which you'll see as the registered legal address on the side of the coach.
York Pullman also operate other businesses around the area including Dodsworths at Boroughbridge and Ideal Motor Services at Market Weighton.

The proper cowboy operating around the North has just gone out of business and this is indeed the very thread....

tyresmoke
22 Jan 2018, 8:53 pm #52

Wrays has nothing to do with Procter, although I see he does have a dormant company registered in that name. It is part of York Pullman, owned by Tom James, which you'll see as the registered legal address on the side of the coach.
York Pullman also operate other businesses around the area including Dodsworths at Boroughbridge and Ideal Motor Services at Market Weighton.

The proper cowboy operating around the North has just gone out of business and this is indeed the very thread....

23 Jan 2018, 3:47 am #53
(22 Jan 2018, 8:53 pm)tyresmoke Wrays has nothing to do with Procter, although I see he does have a dormant company registered in that name. It is part of York Pullman, owned by Tom James, which you'll see as the registered legal address on the side of the coach.

They also own Ingleby's who are based in York itself. Not sure who else Tom James owns.

As for Stephenson's, they were ok until about 2 years ago when it got new owners.
Edited 23 Jan 2018, 3:48 am by Rapidsnap.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
23 Jan 2018, 3:47 am #53

(22 Jan 2018, 8:53 pm)tyresmoke Wrays has nothing to do with Procter, although I see he does have a dormant company registered in that name. It is part of York Pullman, owned by Tom James, which you'll see as the registered legal address on the side of the coach.

They also own Ingleby's who are based in York itself. Not sure who else Tom James owns.

As for Stephenson's, they were ok until about 2 years ago when it got new owners.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Cock Robin

23 Jan 2018, 5:39 pm #54

Thought you were talking about Arriva for a minute there!
Cock Robin
23 Jan 2018, 5:39 pm #54

Thought you were talking about Arriva for a minute there!

Kuyoyo

23 Jan 2018, 10:39 pm #55
Well, the first bubble of the replacements has burst - Connexions have announced this evening that they will not be operating the 181 for the rest of the week. The County Council are in the process of tendering the contracted service work to start next week, including the 181, but Connexions aren't willing to run it at a lose for the rest of the week.

Incidentally, Transdev and Reliance have had their registrations approved today - Reliance's 31/31X will be running between Helmsley and Easingwold only while Transdev are operating the whole route. According to the CSV document, either as an error or for some unknown reason, Transdev's registration is for weekdays only - no Saturday journeys on their 31/31X if this does prove to be the case (the 29 is Monday to Saturday).
Kuyoyo
23 Jan 2018, 10:39 pm #55

Well, the first bubble of the replacements has burst - Connexions have announced this evening that they will not be operating the 181 for the rest of the week. The County Council are in the process of tendering the contracted service work to start next week, including the 181, but Connexions aren't willing to run it at a lose for the rest of the week.

Incidentally, Transdev and Reliance have had their registrations approved today - Reliance's 31/31X will be running between Helmsley and Easingwold only while Transdev are operating the whole route. According to the CSV document, either as an error or for some unknown reason, Transdev's registration is for weekdays only - no Saturday journeys on their 31/31X if this does prove to be the case (the 29 is Monday to Saturday).

makem1

27 Jan 2018, 7:20 pm #56
just mentioned on facebook http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15902156...asingwold/
makem1
27 Jan 2018, 7:20 pm #56

just mentioned on facebook http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/15902156...asingwold/

Kuyoyo

09 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm #57
Long term contracts have been awarded and announced today.

The only change is that Transdev will take over operation of the 181 from Monday 19th February. In addition, they have announced the summer Sunday service will return but will be numbered 182 this year (was 180 last year).
Kuyoyo
09 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm #57

Long term contracts have been awarded and announced today.

The only change is that Transdev will take over operation of the 181 from Monday 19th February. In addition, they have announced the summer Sunday service will return but will be numbered 182 this year (was 180 last year).

Andreos1

30 Mar 2018, 7:55 pm #58
(09 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm)Kuyoyo Long term contracts have been awarded and announced today.

Not sure if it has been noted here or elsewhere, but Transdev seem to be using ex-Keighley based vehicles on the 181. Still showing Keighley vinyls on the vehicles.

edit: Not sure how many they have, but an example of what I mentioned above.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dearingbus...094575435/
Edited 30 Mar 2018, 8:38 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Mar 2018, 7:55 pm #58

(09 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm)Kuyoyo Long term contracts have been awarded and announced today.

Not sure if it has been noted here or elsewhere, but Transdev seem to be using ex-Keighley based vehicles on the 181. Still showing Keighley vinyls on the vehicles.

edit: Not sure how many they have, but an example of what I mentioned above.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dearingbus...094575435/

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average