Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Mobile Phones

Mobile Phones

Mobile Phones

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (12) 1 2 312 Next
Poll: Which type of mobile phone do you have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Apple iOS
19.51%
Votes 8
Android
60.98%
Votes 25
Windows Phone
9.76%
Votes 4
Blackberry
2.44%
Votes 1
Other (or non-smartphone)
7.32%
Votes 3

Total 41 vote(s) 100%
Adrian

17 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm #1
What's everybody got at the moment then? I've got an iPhone 4S, but I'm thinking about swapping the iPhone for either a HTC One, or Sony Xperia Z. Can't really decide on the two yet, but I'm edging towards the Xperia. I'm not keen on the iPhone 5, as the battery life is no where near as good as I need between charges. Unless the 5S really improves this (which I doubt), I'll be staying clear.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm #1

What's everybody got at the moment then? I've got an iPhone 4S, but I'm thinking about swapping the iPhone for either a HTC One, or Sony Xperia Z. Can't really decide on the two yet, but I'm edging towards the Xperia. I'm not keen on the iPhone 5, as the battery life is no where near as good as I need between charges. Unless the 5S really improves this (which I doubt), I'll be staying clear.

Michael

17 Aug 2013, 10:56 pm #2
I have a samsung galaxy S2, which i got and then the S3 was out and now the S4... dont think ill get a galaxy again.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Aug 2013, 10:56 pm #2

I have a samsung galaxy S2, which i got and then the S3 was out and now the S4... dont think ill get a galaxy again.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

18 Aug 2013, 8:55 am #3
An old school Nokia E5 on Symbian.

Nobody uses Symbian out there any more, but there are some cracking apps out there.
Currently running my internet on Opera Mini and love it.

The battery life is starting to get a bit iffy, but had it a couple of years and its doing me.

Can't get away with touchscreen phones, so going to stick with qwerty when this goes the journey I think.
Andreos1
18 Aug 2013, 8:55 am #3

An old school Nokia E5 on Symbian.

Nobody uses Symbian out there any more, but there are some cracking apps out there.

The battery life is starting to get a bit iffy, but had it a couple of years and its doing me.

Can't get away with touchscreen phones, so going to stick with qwerty when this goes the journey I think.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

18 Aug 2013, 9:02 am #4
(17 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm)aureolin What's everybody got at the moment then? I've got an iPhone 4S, but I'm thinking about swapping the iPhone for either a HTC One, or Sony Xperia Z. Can't really decide on the two yet, but I'm edging towards the Xperia. I'm not keen on the iPhone 5, as the battery life is no where near as good as I need between charges. Unless the 5S really improves this (which I doubt), I'll be staying clear.

Hey mate, I wouldn't touch Sony Ericsson's products with a s****y stick, I had a Xperia X10 on a 2 year contract with Vodafone, had problems with the battery, it wouldn't charge sometimes and had to go back to Vodafone 4 times in 2 years to get fixed, I ended up swapping for a Samsung Galaxy Ace, you should consider Samsung Galaxy S4, my old man has just got one and they are good phones.
MrFozz
18 Aug 2013, 9:02 am #4

(17 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm)aureolin What's everybody got at the moment then? I've got an iPhone 4S, but I'm thinking about swapping the iPhone for either a HTC One, or Sony Xperia Z. Can't really decide on the two yet, but I'm edging towards the Xperia. I'm not keen on the iPhone 5, as the battery life is no where near as good as I need between charges. Unless the 5S really improves this (which I doubt), I'll be staying clear.

Hey mate, I wouldn't touch Sony Ericsson's products with a s****y stick, I had a Xperia X10 on a 2 year contract with Vodafone, had problems with the battery, it wouldn't charge sometimes and had to go back to Vodafone 4 times in 2 years to get fixed, I ended up swapping for a Samsung Galaxy Ace, you should consider Samsung Galaxy S4, my old man has just got one and they are good phones.

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Aug 2013, 9:04 am #5
I tend to get a new phone every twelve months as a birthday present, but likely going to have that as every twenty four now that I have other presents in mind.

Following on from my ongoing love for BlackBerry (despite all of its flaws), I've switched to Android. I first got the 8520, followed by the 9300, and then the 9360 before getting a Samsung Galaxy S4. Absolutely love it though, and can't fault it (yet!)

I find that the average ten hour battery life of the S4 is no good for me, so I have to keep the 9360 running alongside it, which also serves me for approximately 8 hours.
I think if I had decided to get the iPhone 5 rather than the S4, I would have had to jailbreak it to customize it slightly. That's one reason I didn't like BlackBerry so much - everything was set in its ways and it was far too simplistic. I like to be able to change what I like, when I like (Android!!)
Dan
18 Aug 2013, 9:04 am #5

I tend to get a new phone every twelve months as a birthday present, but likely going to have that as every twenty four now that I have other presents in mind.

Following on from my ongoing love for BlackBerry (despite all of its flaws), I've switched to Android. I first got the 8520, followed by the 9300, and then the 9360 before getting a Samsung Galaxy S4. Absolutely love it though, and can't fault it (yet!)

I find that the average ten hour battery life of the S4 is no good for me, so I have to keep the 9360 running alongside it, which also serves me for approximately 8 hours.
I think if I had decided to get the iPhone 5 rather than the S4, I would have had to jailbreak it to customize it slightly. That's one reason I didn't like BlackBerry so much - everything was set in its ways and it was far too simplistic. I like to be able to change what I like, when I like (Android!!)

Michael

18 Aug 2013, 9:14 am #6
The battery on the Galaxy is terrible, sometimes i have to charge mine up twice a day because of it.

Don't get me wrong i love my galaxy, from the app's to the store on it but iv'e had my galaxy for nearly 2 years now and can't wait to change - atm i don't know what phone i want.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Aug 2013, 9:14 am #6

The battery on the Galaxy is terrible, sometimes i have to charge mine up twice a day because of it.

Don't get me wrong i love my galaxy, from the app's to the store on it but iv'e had my galaxy for nearly 2 years now and can't wait to change - atm i don't know what phone i want.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

18 Aug 2013, 9:33 am #7
I use an Alcatel OT and a basic Samsung Mini smartphone. I recently resurrected an old Nokia 3210 I had lying around and sometimes use that. The Alcatel OT has an amazing battery-life. I only have it charge it up every week or so. The Samsung, I'm lucky if it lasts a day.
Edited 18 Aug 2013, 9:35 am by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
18 Aug 2013, 9:33 am #7

I use an Alcatel OT and a basic Samsung Mini smartphone. I recently resurrected an old Nokia 3210 I had lying around and sometimes use that. The Alcatel OT has an amazing battery-life. I only have it charge it up every week or so. The Samsung, I'm lucky if it lasts a day.

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Aug 2013, 9:35 am #8
When I get £20 spare that I can blast on an extended battery, I hope to purchase this one (http://zerolemon.com/details.php/zerolem...ed-battery). ZeroLemon have had nothing but good reviews, and a two-three day charge as opposed to daily would be amazing.
Dan
18 Aug 2013, 9:35 am #8

When I get £20 spare that I can blast on an extended battery, I hope to purchase this one (http://zerolemon.com/details.php/zerolem...ed-battery). ZeroLemon have had nothing but good reviews, and a two-three day charge as opposed to daily would be amazing.

Adrian

18 Aug 2013, 9:45 am #9
(18 Aug 2013, 8:55 am)Andreos1 An old school Nokia E5 on Symbian.

We had E5 handsets from work for a while. They were extremely unreliable though, and most of us were having to reboot them 4 or 5 times a day. We've now got Blackberry 9900s which at least I find a lot better.

(18 Aug 2013, 9:02 am)fozzovmurton Hey mate, I wouldn't touch Sony Ericsson's products with a s****y stick, I had a Xperia X10 on a 2 year contract with Vodafone, had problems with the battery, it wouldn't charge sometimes and had to go back to Vodafone 4 times in 2 years to get fixed, I ended up swapping for a Samsung Galaxy Ace, you should consider Samsung Galaxy S4, my old man has just got one and they are good phones.

I've never had a problem with Sony Ericsson phones personally. However, I do find that most of my phones I have suffer from battery life after a while. Wasn't too bad with a Blackberry, as I could pick a new battery up relatively cheaply. I had a Sony Ericsson C90 for a while, and it worked fine after I put a OEM image on it - came loaded with bulkware thanks to O2.

(18 Aug 2013, 9:04 am)Daniel I tend to get a new phone every twelve months as a birthday present, but likely going to have that as every twenty four now that I have other presents in mind.

Blackberry really don't make bad phones. They're just falling behind in the smartphone market, and get slated as such. I started off almost 10 years ago now when I was issued a 7730 through Vodafone. Pain in the backside to carry round, but was great having email on the move - was pretty much unheard of back then. From there, I had an 8100, 8800, 9000, 9700, and then eventually the 9900. Never been disappointed one yet, but I wouldn't have one of the touchscreen models. It wouldn't feel like a Blackberry to me without a keyboard.

Samsung Galaxy S4 is a great phone. Apart from design (which Apple will always win), it's light years ahead of the iPhone 5. It also keeps right up there with the HTC One. I've never actually had an Android handset for years. Was put off by the old T-Mobile G1. Extremely slow and clunky to do anything with.

A couple of good reviews I was looking over:
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Sony Xperia Z vs HTC One

Adrian
18 Aug 2013, 9:45 am #9

(18 Aug 2013, 8:55 am)Andreos1 An old school Nokia E5 on Symbian.

We had E5 handsets from work for a while. They were extremely unreliable though, and most of us were having to reboot them 4 or 5 times a day. We've now got Blackberry 9900s which at least I find a lot better.

(18 Aug 2013, 9:02 am)fozzovmurton Hey mate, I wouldn't touch Sony Ericsson's products with a s****y stick, I had a Xperia X10 on a 2 year contract with Vodafone, had problems with the battery, it wouldn't charge sometimes and had to go back to Vodafone 4 times in 2 years to get fixed, I ended up swapping for a Samsung Galaxy Ace, you should consider Samsung Galaxy S4, my old man has just got one and they are good phones.

I've never had a problem with Sony Ericsson phones personally. However, I do find that most of my phones I have suffer from battery life after a while. Wasn't too bad with a Blackberry, as I could pick a new battery up relatively cheaply. I had a Sony Ericsson C90 for a while, and it worked fine after I put a OEM image on it - came loaded with bulkware thanks to O2.

(18 Aug 2013, 9:04 am)Daniel I tend to get a new phone every twelve months as a birthday present, but likely going to have that as every twenty four now that I have other presents in mind.

Blackberry really don't make bad phones. They're just falling behind in the smartphone market, and get slated as such. I started off almost 10 years ago now when I was issued a 7730 through Vodafone. Pain in the backside to carry round, but was great having email on the move - was pretty much unheard of back then. From there, I had an 8100, 8800, 9000, 9700, and then eventually the 9900. Never been disappointed one yet, but I wouldn't have one of the touchscreen models. It wouldn't feel like a Blackberry to me without a keyboard.

Samsung Galaxy S4 is a great phone. Apart from design (which Apple will always win), it's light years ahead of the iPhone 5. It also keeps right up there with the HTC One. I've never actually had an Android handset for years. Was put off by the old T-Mobile G1. Extremely slow and clunky to do anything with.

A couple of good reviews I was looking over:
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Sony Xperia Z vs HTC One

Andreos1

19 Aug 2013, 4:33 pm #10
They crashed?
Strange. Every phone I have had, has crashed at one point or another.

Never that many times on this phone though.
Was all of the software upto date etc
Andreos1
19 Aug 2013, 4:33 pm #10

They crashed?

Adrian

19 Aug 2013, 4:57 pm #11
(19 Aug 2013, 4:33 pm)Andreos1 They crashed?

Nope that's half the problem with work phones. Restricted by corporate politics Undecided

Adrian
19 Aug 2013, 4:57 pm #11

(19 Aug 2013, 4:33 pm)Andreos1 They crashed?

Nope that's half the problem with work phones. Restricted by corporate politics Undecided

Michael

19 Aug 2013, 5:38 pm #12
I have a battery problem, the battery drains so quick on the S2 because of the screen it's mad but its every since the phones update its happened.

My phone defiantly the best iv'e had, the camera is brill and the store is great but i won't get anther one.. 2 have came out since i got my S2... wonder if we will have a 5th one... their also getting bigger as they are released.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Aug 2013, 5:38 pm #12

I have a battery problem, the battery drains so quick on the S2 because of the screen it's mad but its every since the phones update its happened.

My phone defiantly the best iv'e had, the camera is brill and the store is great but i won't get anther one.. 2 have came out since i got my S2... wonder if we will have a 5th one... their also getting bigger as they are released.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm #13
I've acquired a new hobby since getting this S4... Sitting on trains with plug sockets and watching TV on demand on the massive screen. Imagine doing that on the Note!
Dan
19 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm #13

I've acquired a new hobby since getting this S4... Sitting on trains with plug sockets and watching TV on demand on the massive screen. Imagine doing that on the Note!

Adrian

19 Aug 2013, 7:59 pm #14
(19 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm)Daniel I've acquired a new hobby since getting this S4... Sitting on trains with plug sockets and watching TV on demand on the massive screen. Imagine doing that on the Note!

haha yes. I always carry my iPad around for that very reason.

Adrian
19 Aug 2013, 7:59 pm #14

(19 Aug 2013, 6:29 pm)Daniel I've acquired a new hobby since getting this S4... Sitting on trains with plug sockets and watching TV on demand on the massive screen. Imagine doing that on the Note!

haha yes. I always carry my iPad around for that very reason.

idiot

20 Aug 2013, 9:26 am #15
I've now got a S3... Camera on it is great, which is good for my line of work... I forgot how much I love Android!

Before I had a BB, and it was poop! Had to do a battery pull every other day and that was 15 mins to reboot.

Before that I had a HTC Cha Cha... Android with a keyboard which was great for me at times...

I'm slowly getting better on touch screen (bar Sunday night after a few beers!)
idiot
20 Aug 2013, 9:26 am #15

I've now got a S3... Camera on it is great, which is good for my line of work... I forgot how much I love Android!

Before I had a BB, and it was poop! Had to do a battery pull every other day and that was 15 mins to reboot.

Before that I had a HTC Cha Cha... Android with a keyboard which was great for me at times...

I'm slowly getting better on touch screen (bar Sunday night after a few beers!)

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Aug 2013, 6:06 am #16
(26 Aug 2013, 1:53 am)malickk Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i found this community is highly interesting.

Welcome to NEB. Smile
Dan
26 Aug 2013, 6:06 am #16

(26 Aug 2013, 1:53 am)malickk Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i found this community is highly interesting.

Welcome to NEB. Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Aug 2013, 9:40 am #17
I left my house to go to London and Brighton 12 hours ago. My cameras and all phones are on 100% battery.

I bought an ANKER 13000mah power supply last week and I'm using it for the first time today. Took about 12hrs to charge up but apparently you get 4 full charges of an S4 or 5-6 for an iPhone 5.
Would recommend it to anyone. It is easily portable and you can't go wrong with so much power on the go! No doubt I will return home at 10pm tonight with 100% battery on all devices and gadgets still. :p

For all the iPad carriers... 2 full charges I think it was :p

Amazon for 30 quid.
Dan
28 Aug 2013, 9:40 am #17

I left my house to go to London and Brighton 12 hours ago. My cameras and all phones are on 100% battery.

I bought an ANKER 13000mah power supply last week and I'm using it for the first time today. Took about 12hrs to charge up but apparently you get 4 full charges of an S4 or 5-6 for an iPhone 5.
Would recommend it to anyone. It is easily portable and you can't go wrong with so much power on the go! No doubt I will return home at 10pm tonight with 100% battery on all devices and gadgets still. :p

For all the iPad carriers... 2 full charges I think it was :p

Amazon for 30 quid.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm #18
I have a Samsung Galaxy wave at the moment although my contract is for a Galaxy Note, but I knacked that last year when I went to Durham Big Meeting...

Cant get an upgrade for about another 9 months, and will be looking for an S4 when I upgrade or get whatever succeeds the S4 in that time...

Just a random thought, Years ago I used to have a phone on Virgin PAYG, and I used to find it funny to walk into a shop, especially when a woman was serving and ask for £10 Virgin Big Grin

Marxista Fozz
MrFozz
21 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm #18

I have a Samsung Galaxy wave at the moment although my contract is for a Galaxy Note, but I knacked that last year when I went to Durham Big Meeting...

Cant get an upgrade for about another 9 months, and will be looking for an S4 when I upgrade or get whatever succeeds the S4 in that time...

Just a random thought, Years ago I used to have a phone on Virgin PAYG, and I used to find it funny to walk into a shop, especially when a woman was serving and ask for £10 Virgin Big Grin

Marxista Fozz

Adrian

21 Sep 2013, 4:42 pm #19
Xperia Z1 appears to be getting better reviews than the iPhone 5S at the moment. It's looking like a really good phone. I'm holding off a week or two before getting it, see if any flaws turn out in it.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-xperi...one_review

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z1-review-987.php

Adrian
21 Sep 2013, 4:42 pm #19

Xperia Z1 appears to be getting better reviews than the iPhone 5S at the moment. It's looking like a really good phone. I'm holding off a week or two before getting it, see if any flaws turn out in it.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-xperi...one_review

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z1-review-987.php

Andreos1

21 Sep 2013, 5:11 pm #20
(21 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm)fozzovmurton I have a Samsung Galaxy wave at the moment although my contract is for a Galaxy Note, but I knacked that last year when I went to Durham Big Meeting...

Marxista Fozz

Get yourself on giffgaff. Heard some great things about them for payg.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Sep 2013, 5:11 pm #20

(21 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm)fozzovmurton I have a Samsung Galaxy wave at the moment although my contract is for a Galaxy Note, but I knacked that last year when I went to Durham Big Meeting...

Marxista Fozz

Get yourself on giffgaff. Heard some great things about them for payg.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (12) 1 2 312 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average