Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Mobile Phones

Mobile Phones

Mobile Phones

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (12): Previous 110 11 12
Poll: Which type of mobile phone do you have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Apple iOS
19.51%
Votes 8
Android
60.98%
Votes 25
Windows Phone
9.76%
Votes 4
Blackberry
2.44%
Votes 1
Other (or non-smartphone)
7.32%
Votes 3

Total 41 vote(s) 100%
BusLoverMum

06 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm #221
(06 Apr 2016, 4:36 pm)mb134 My £20 Vodafone phone would beat that Wink
I got it in some 'Data Extravaganza' thing at Vodafone?

Nah. No 3G on bodsfone here!
BusLoverMum
06 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm #221

(06 Apr 2016, 4:36 pm)mb134 My £20 Vodafone phone would beat that Wink
I got it in some 'Data Extravaganza' thing at Vodafone?

Nah. No 3G on bodsfone here!

Andreos1

06 Apr 2016, 5:51 pm #222
(06 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm)mb134 I used to hate the 'TouchWiz' skin Samsung applied to Android with a passion. Hence I opted for the HTC One X over the SGS 3, and the Xperia Z1 over the Galaxy S4. Although it looks better now, I wouldn't switch from an Xperia unless I had no option. 

With regards to Windows Phone, I do really like the interface, idea of Continuum, and the synchronisation between phone and Surface. The lack of apps is what stops me considering it currently.

Aye the app situation isn't ideal.
Even the ones that are available, they're usually a watered down version of Apple and Android versions.
The fact Microsoft are making apps for the likes of android, reduces the need for a Windows phone slightly.

The sync continues with laptop as well. As an example, there isn't the need to download the same app twice.
Edited 06 Apr 2016, 5:52 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Apr 2016, 5:51 pm #222

(06 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm)mb134 I used to hate the 'TouchWiz' skin Samsung applied to Android with a passion. Hence I opted for the HTC One X over the SGS 3, and the Xperia Z1 over the Galaxy S4. Although it looks better now, I wouldn't switch from an Xperia unless I had no option. 

With regards to Windows Phone, I do really like the interface, idea of Continuum, and the synchronisation between phone and Surface. The lack of apps is what stops me considering it currently.

Aye the app situation isn't ideal.
Even the ones that are available, they're usually a watered down version of Apple and Android versions.
The fact Microsoft are making apps for the likes of android, reduces the need for a Windows phone slightly.

The sync continues with laptop as well. As an example, there isn't the need to download the same app twice.

Andreos1

16 Apr 2016, 9:07 am #223
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36057124

Vodafone and EE come bottom of survey again.

Andreos1
16 Apr 2016, 9:07 am #223

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36057124

Vodafone and EE come bottom of survey again.

Tom

30 Apr 2016, 6:30 pm #224
Managed to really fuck my phone up today - no internet works on it so took it into the O2 shop and they said I need to the Apple Store but I didn't have time. But it's only £100 to upgrade to a iPhone 6 with unlimited data. Do you reckon it will be worth upgrading it (or even to a different type of phone) as I have a feeling Apple will charge high prices for repairs.

Also being the idiot I am decided to reset it to factory defaults instead of just the settings so lost the apps and all of my contacts which has really pissed me off
Edited 30 Apr 2016, 6:30 pm by Tom.
Tom
30 Apr 2016, 6:30 pm #224

Managed to really fuck my phone up today - no internet works on it so took it into the O2 shop and they said I need to the Apple Store but I didn't have time. But it's only £100 to upgrade to a iPhone 6 with unlimited data. Do you reckon it will be worth upgrading it (or even to a different type of phone) as I have a feeling Apple will charge high prices for repairs.

Also being the idiot I am decided to reset it to factory defaults instead of just the settings so lost the apps and all of my contacts which has really pissed me off

Jimmi

07 Feb 2017, 3:42 pm #225
The day I've been dreading is coming on Sunday... Upgrade day!

Not sure on what to do, in some ways I would actually like to keep my current phone but I am uncertain as to whether that would be possible or not and whether that would be a practical decision or not considering it's almost two years old now.

Uncertain what to go for although I really like my current phone which is a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, so I kinda wouldn't mind the same sort of thing again but slightly newer model, although I ain't that fussed about having the latest model phone, especially if it's going to work out being very expensive.

One thing I do know is, I ain't looking forward to is the possibility of setting foot in the Darlington (Town Centre) branch of the Carphone Warehouse again after I had to spend half a week going back and forth to Darlington to collect my phone only to keep getting told it wasn't there when it actually was in fact - they lost it in the store room
Jimmi
07 Feb 2017, 3:42 pm #225

The day I've been dreading is coming on Sunday... Upgrade day!

Not sure on what to do, in some ways I would actually like to keep my current phone but I am uncertain as to whether that would be possible or not and whether that would be a practical decision or not considering it's almost two years old now.

Uncertain what to go for although I really like my current phone which is a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, so I kinda wouldn't mind the same sort of thing again but slightly newer model, although I ain't that fussed about having the latest model phone, especially if it's going to work out being very expensive.

One thing I do know is, I ain't looking forward to is the possibility of setting foot in the Darlington (Town Centre) branch of the Carphone Warehouse again after I had to spend half a week going back and forth to Darlington to collect my phone only to keep getting told it wasn't there when it actually was in fact - they lost it in the store room

Andreos1

07 Feb 2017, 4:21 pm #226
(07 Feb 2017, 3:42 pm)Jimmi The day I've been dreading is coming on Sunday... Upgrade day!

If the phone is working fine and you're happy with it, why don't you just stick a PAYG sim in? There's a lot of good deals out there and some are a lot better than the ones you get on a contract. 
It would just be a case of you ensuring the direct debit for your contract was cancelled.

Andreos1
07 Feb 2017, 4:21 pm #226

(07 Feb 2017, 3:42 pm)Jimmi The day I've been dreading is coming on Sunday... Upgrade day!

If the phone is working fine and you're happy with it, why don't you just stick a PAYG sim in? There's a lot of good deals out there and some are a lot better than the ones you get on a contract. 
It would just be a case of you ensuring the direct debit for your contract was cancelled.

Jimmi

07 Feb 2017, 7:05 pm #227
(07 Feb 2017, 4:21 pm)Andreos1 If the phone is working fine and you're happy with it, why don't you just stick a PAYG sim in? There's a lot of good deals out there and some are a lot better than the ones you get on a contract. 
That's probably what I'm going to do, as I'm happy enough with my current phone. Also I've had a look and going down the PAYG would save me a fair bit of money a month rather than continuing paying for phone contracts. Probably going to keep this phone until it either breaks or comes to a point where it becomes a pain to use.
Jimmi
07 Feb 2017, 7:05 pm #227

(07 Feb 2017, 4:21 pm)Andreos1 If the phone is working fine and you're happy with it, why don't you just stick a PAYG sim in? There's a lot of good deals out there and some are a lot better than the ones you get on a contract. 
That's probably what I'm going to do, as I'm happy enough with my current phone. Also I've had a look and going down the PAYG would save me a fair bit of money a month rather than continuing paying for phone contracts. Probably going to keep this phone until it either breaks or comes to a point where it becomes a pain to use.

Adrian

07 Feb 2017, 7:13 pm #228
Virgin Mobile are offering 5000 mins, unlimited texts and 20GB data, on a 30 day contract, for 15 quid a month. Usually 25.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-m...in-2614073

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Feb 2017, 7:13 pm #228

Virgin Mobile are offering 5000 mins, unlimited texts and 20GB data, on a 30 day contract, for 15 quid a month. Usually 25.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-m...in-2614073

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

10 Aug 2018, 8:43 pm #229
The end of an era. 

My WP died on me yesterday. No idea how or why, but with it being out of warranty and WP essentially no more I ended up needing to decide on my next operating system. 

Ended up plumping for Android and picking one from the glut of mid-range Chinese manufacturers. 

Got it delivered today and spent the last two hours loading it up, transferring contacts etc. 
Still on tweaking the settings and profiles, but I'm pretty impressed with the speed and this version (8) of Android.

The big test will be the battery life!

Andreos1
10 Aug 2018, 8:43 pm #229

The end of an era. 

My WP died on me yesterday. No idea how or why, but with it being out of warranty and WP essentially no more I ended up needing to decide on my next operating system. 

Ended up plumping for Android and picking one from the glut of mid-range Chinese manufacturers. 

Got it delivered today and spent the last two hours loading it up, transferring contacts etc. 
Still on tweaking the settings and profiles, but I'm pretty impressed with the speed and this version (8) of Android.

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Aug 2018, 11:11 pm #230
(10 Aug 2018, 8:43 pm)Andreos1 The end of an era. 

Think of all the new apps you can download!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dan
10 Aug 2018, 11:11 pm #230

Think of all the new apps you can download!!

BusLoverMum

11 Aug 2018, 9:05 pm #231

Wot you got, then?

I upgraded to an honor 9, recently, after my Moto G5 had suffered one bash too many and wasn't charging reliably. Quite impressed, particularly as I got it for a massive discount so it was cheaper than my previous phone. Theres a bit of bloatware on it but enough storage for it to not matter.
Edited 11 Aug 2018, 9:06 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
11 Aug 2018, 9:05 pm #231

Wot you got, then?

I upgraded to an honor 9, recently, after my Moto G5 had suffered one bash too many and wasn't charging reliably. Quite impressed, particularly as I got it for a massive discount so it was cheaper than my previous phone. Theres a bit of bloatware on it but enough storage for it to not matter.

Andreos1

11 Aug 2018, 10:22 pm #232
(10 Aug 2018, 11:11 pm)Dan Think of all the new apps you can download!!

Gonna sit and look for odd workings on the GNE app. 

(11 Aug 2018, 9:05 pm)BusLoverMum Wot you got, then?

The same as you! Just paid cash for it and using my old pay payg sim. 

Got rid of the stuff I won't use and will look at the other bits to decide whether to keep them or not.
With my old phone dying, transferring contacts was a pain. 
Had to download a CSV file from Hotmail and upload to Google mail. 
Except I didn't know that was the process...

Andreos1
11 Aug 2018, 10:22 pm #232

(10 Aug 2018, 11:11 pm)Dan Think of all the new apps you can download!!

Gonna sit and look for odd workings on the GNE app. 

(11 Aug 2018, 9:05 pm)BusLoverMum Wot you got, then?

The same as you! Just paid cash for it and using my old pay payg sim. 

Got rid of the stuff I won't use and will look at the other bits to decide whether to keep them or not.
With my old phone dying, transferring contacts was a pain. 
Had to download a CSV file from Hotmail and upload to Google mail. 
Except I didn't know that was the process...

Jimmi

12 Aug 2018, 11:51 am #233
Seem as we are creating discussion here,

My current phone contact is up soon, so does anyone have any phone recommendations? Looking for something that won't cost me too much on a contract. Currently phone is a Sony Xperia (no idea which), the lower range Xperia's currently on offer sound okay but battery is supposedly nowt special on one of them which is likely to be an issue.
Jimmi
12 Aug 2018, 11:51 am #233

Seem as we are creating discussion here,

My current phone contact is up soon, so does anyone have any phone recommendations? Looking for something that won't cost me too much on a contract. Currently phone is a Sony Xperia (no idea which), the lower range Xperia's currently on offer sound okay but battery is supposedly nowt special on one of them which is likely to be an issue.

Andreos1

12 Aug 2018, 1:56 pm #234
(12 Aug 2018, 11:51 am)Jimmi Seem as we are creating discussion here,

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centr...8-3675746/

Worth a look. 
No idea what contracts are like, but they seem to be raising the bar for mid-range phones. 
No complaints with this so far.

Andreos1
12 Aug 2018, 1:56 pm #234

(12 Aug 2018, 11:51 am)Jimmi Seem as we are creating discussion here,

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centr...8-3675746/

Worth a look. 
No idea what contracts are like, but they seem to be raising the bar for mid-range phones. 

BusLoverMum

12 Aug 2018, 6:49 pm #235
(12 Aug 2018, 1:56 pm)Andreos1 https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centr...8-3675746/

Worth a look. 

Iirc, they don't do contracts and come sim free and unlocked. 

I have a three sim only contract and an EE payg Sim, in mine. I've been dual sim since living somewhere with a dodgy signal. Three was cheaper and had better overall coverage but I couldn't use it in my house unless I stood in the back bedroom! 
From what I've read, you need to avoid O2 as they can't get 4G. You get loads of data with three, though. I've screenshot Ted a couple of the current deals.

(12 Aug 2018, 1:56 pm)Andreos1 https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centr...8-3675746/

Worth a look. 

I have a three sim only contract and an EE payg Sim, in mine. I've been dual sim since living somewhere with a dodgy signal. Three was cheaper and had better overall coverage but I couldn't use it in my house unless I stood in the back bedroom! 
From what I've read, you need to avoid O2 as they can't get 4G. You get loads of data with three, though. I've screenshot Ted a couple of the current deals.
Edited 12 Aug 2018, 6:51 pm by BusLoverMum.
Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20180812-194825.jpg
Size: 349.78 KB / Downloads: 5
.jpg
BusLoverMum
12 Aug 2018, 6:49 pm #235

Worth a look. 

Worth a look. 

Attached Files
.jpg
.jpg

Andreos1

12 Aug 2018, 8:15 pm #236
(12 Aug 2018, 6:49 pm)BusLoverMum Iirc, they don't do contracts and come sim free and unlocked. 

There's some decent deals there! May have to investigate further! 
On giffgaff (who run off O2) and getting 4g no problem so far.

Andreos1
12 Aug 2018, 8:15 pm #236

(12 Aug 2018, 6:49 pm)BusLoverMum Iirc, they don't do contracts and come sim free and unlocked. 

There's some decent deals there! May have to investigate further! 
On giffgaff (who run off O2) and getting 4g no problem so far.

Pages (12): Previous 110 11 12

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average