Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Mobile Phones

Mobile Phones

Mobile Phones

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (12): Previous 1 2 312 Next
Poll: Which type of mobile phone do you have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Apple iOS
19.51%
Votes 8
Android
60.98%
Votes 25
Windows Phone
9.76%
Votes 4
Blackberry
2.44%
Votes 1
Other (or non-smartphone)
7.32%
Votes 3

Total 41 vote(s) 100%
Dan

Site Administrator

21 Sep 2013, 5:16 pm #21
(21 Sep 2013, 5:11 pm)Andreos1 Get yourself on giffgaff. Heard some great things about them for payg.

If you want low signal and shoddy customer service, feel free to join giffgaff!
They have some great Pay & Go tariffs, but you get very little opportunity to use those texts, minutes and data from my experience...
Dan
21 Sep 2013, 5:16 pm #21

(21 Sep 2013, 5:11 pm)Andreos1 Get yourself on giffgaff. Heard some great things about them for payg.

If you want low signal and shoddy customer service, feel free to join giffgaff!
They have some great Pay & Go tariffs, but you get very little opportunity to use those texts, minutes and data from my experience...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Sep 2013, 5:18 pm #22

Never heard of giffgaff, quite happy at the moment on 3 Big Grin

Marxista Fozz
MrFozz
21 Sep 2013, 5:18 pm #22

Never heard of giffgaff, quite happy at the moment on 3 Big Grin

Marxista Fozz

CatsFast101

Unregistered

22 Sep 2013, 9:11 am #23
(17 Aug 2013, 10:56 pm)Michael I have a samsung galaxy S2, which i got and then the S3 was out and now the S4... dont think ill get a galaxy again.

It's took you long enough to realise! Haha
CatsFast101
22 Sep 2013, 9:11 am #23

(17 Aug 2013, 10:56 pm)Michael I have a samsung galaxy S2, which i got and then the S3 was out and now the S4... dont think ill get a galaxy again.

It's took you long enough to realise! Haha

Michael

22 Sep 2013, 9:15 am #24
(22 Sep 2013, 9:11 am)CatsFast101 It's took you long enough to realise! Haha

Realise what?

That i won't get a Galaxy again? It was the best phone out their when i got my S2.. shame im having loads of problems with it atm.

Which phone to get next - i have no idea

The one person who voted they have a apple... please the forum... Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Sep 2013, 9:15 am #24

(22 Sep 2013, 9:11 am)CatsFast101 It's took you long enough to realise! Haha

Realise what?

That i won't get a Galaxy again? It was the best phone out their when i got my S2.. shame im having loads of problems with it atm.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

22 Sep 2013, 9:23 am #25
(22 Sep 2013, 9:15 am)Michael Realise what?

Ah, I've never had an S2 so I don't really know what they're like. I had the S1 then straight to the S3. However my S3 broke screen all cracked and then the LCD screen totally died and after a brief spell with a O2 £10 Nokia I'm now back to my S1!!

I like the galaxy range so I'm thinking I'll stay with them. I don't mind apple but I've always had best of both worlds (in my eyes) having an Apple iPad so I can get the App Store, iTunes etc. and then a Samsung Galaxy phone so I can use the andriod systems and google play etc.
CatsFast101
22 Sep 2013, 9:23 am #25

(22 Sep 2013, 9:15 am)Michael Realise what?

Ah, I've never had an S2 so I don't really know what they're like. I had the S1 then straight to the S3. However my S3 broke screen all cracked and then the LCD screen totally died and after a brief spell with a O2 £10 Nokia I'm now back to my S1!!

I like the galaxy range so I'm thinking I'll stay with them. I don't mind apple but I've always had best of both worlds (in my eyes) having an Apple iPad so I can get the App Store, iTunes etc. and then a Samsung Galaxy phone so I can use the andriod systems and google play etc.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Sep 2013, 9:24 am #26
(22 Sep 2013, 9:15 am)Michael The one person who voted they have a apple... please the forum... Tongue

Read Post #1. Tongue
Dan
22 Sep 2013, 9:24 am #26

(22 Sep 2013, 9:15 am)Michael The one person who voted they have a apple... please the forum... Tongue

Read Post #1. Tongue

Michael

22 Sep 2013, 9:47 am #27
(22 Sep 2013, 9:24 am)Daniel Read Post #1. Tongue

It was meant to say... Please Leave the forum*

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Sep 2013, 9:47 am #27

(22 Sep 2013, 9:24 am)Daniel Read Post #1. Tongue

It was meant to say... Please Leave the forum*

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Sep 2013, 10:08 am #28
(22 Sep 2013, 9:47 am)Michael It was meant to say... Please Leave the forum*

Oh right, thought you were asking the person to reveal himself! Tongue

Aureolin has made up for it by sharing a new device that he's considering..! Have to say it looks pretty good.
Dan
22 Sep 2013, 10:08 am #28

Oh right, thought you were asking the person to reveal himself! Tongue

Aureolin has made up for it by sharing a new device that he's considering..! Have to say it looks pretty good.

Adrian

22 Sep 2013, 10:18 am #29

I can safely say that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are still the best designed/built phones on the market. That's taking software, cost, etc out of the equation though. That being said, I'd not have another one! A few lads at work bought the 5S on Friday and aside from the finger print reader, it offers bugger all.

The Z1 all the way for me. 20.6mp Camera with Sony's propriety lens (plus addon lenses), water proof up to a certain depth, and massive battery.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Sep 2013, 10:18 am #29

I can safely say that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are still the best designed/built phones on the market. That's taking software, cost, etc out of the equation though. That being said, I'd not have another one! A few lads at work bought the 5S on Friday and aside from the finger print reader, it offers bugger all.

The Z1 all the way for me. 20.6mp Camera with Sony's propriety lens (plus addon lenses), water proof up to a certain depth, and massive battery.

22 Sep 2013, 10:19 am #30
well here we go...

I have an Alcatel and its shit, in just 3 months the screen has a crack in it and apart from when someone rings me the sound dont work, never buying from that company again.
Terence Price
22 Sep 2013, 10:19 am #30

well here we go...

I have an Alcatel and its shit, in just 3 months the screen has a crack in it and apart from when someone rings me the sound dont work, never buying from that company again.

Adrian

22 Sep 2013, 10:33 am #31
(22 Sep 2013, 10:19 am)Terence Price well here we go...

Should be covered under manufacturer's warranty for 3 months? Maybe not the crack in the screen, but certainly the sound issue.

I had an O2 XDA Orbit year ago, and the sound kept going on that. I had 7 replacements in 12 months. Big Grin

Adrian
22 Sep 2013, 10:33 am #31

(22 Sep 2013, 10:19 am)Terence Price well here we go...

Should be covered under manufacturer's warranty for 3 months? Maybe not the crack in the screen, but certainly the sound issue.

I had an O2 XDA Orbit year ago, and the sound kept going on that. I had 7 replacements in 12 months. Big Grin

22 Sep 2013, 11:02 am #32
(22 Sep 2013, 10:33 am)aureolin Should be covered under manufacturer's warranty for 3 months? Maybe not the crack in the screen, but certainly the sound issue.

lol none of the issues both me it just shows how crap the quality is mate Tongue
Terence Price
22 Sep 2013, 11:02 am #32

(22 Sep 2013, 10:33 am)aureolin Should be covered under manufacturer's warranty for 3 months? Maybe not the crack in the screen, but certainly the sound issue.

lol none of the issues both me it just shows how crap the quality is mate Tongue

Andreos1

23 Sep 2013, 8:19 pm #33
What are people's thoughts on ios7?

I have taken the plunge and it is currently downloading on the ipad.

5 hours to go - so probably won't see it until tomorrow!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Sep 2013, 8:19 pm #33

What are people's thoughts on ios7?

Adrian

23 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm #34
(23 Sep 2013, 8:19 pm)Andreos1 What are people's thoughts on ios7?

Three issues with it that annoy the shit out of me, as they're basic.

1) Default setting for the 'Command Centre' when screen is locked should be 'Off'. Lessons learned from Siri perhaps??

2) You should not be able to dial any number from the emergency call screen when the phone is locked. iOS7 users, try locking your phone, selecting emergency call, then dial a number. Instead of pressing call once. Tap it multiple times and see what happens.

3) Default addresses is screwy. iMessages by default go from your @me.com address, rather than your mobile number. Should default to this if sending to a mobile number. It also doesn't like an Exchange account and IMAP account on the same phone. Will use your Exchange email address despite replying from a mail in your IMAP account.

Adrian
23 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm #34

Three issues with it that annoy the shit out of me, as they're basic.

1) Default setting for the 'Command Centre' when screen is locked should be 'Off'. Lessons learned from Siri perhaps??

2) You should not be able to dial any number from the emergency call screen when the phone is locked. iOS7 users, try locking your phone, selecting emergency call, then dial a number. Instead of pressing call once. Tap it multiple times and see what happens.

3) Default addresses is screwy. iMessages by default go from your @me.com address, rather than your mobile number. Should default to this if sending to a mobile number. It also doesn't like an Exchange account and IMAP account on the same phone. Will use your Exchange email address despite replying from a mail in your IMAP account.

Andreos1

23 Sep 2013, 9:09 pm #35
(23 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm)aureolin Three issues with it that annoy the shit out of me, as they're basic.

So there are a few glitches or are they design faults?

I was hoping it would be a quicker download after the initial rush, but it is taking ages

Andreos1
23 Sep 2013, 9:09 pm #35

(23 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm)aureolin Three issues with it that annoy the shit out of me, as they're basic.

So there are a few glitches or are they design faults?

I was hoping it would be a quicker download after the initial rush, but it is taking ages

BJ10VUS

23 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm #36

It's bloody awful!
However, it only took 8 minutes to download for my iPod Touch.
Edited 23 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm by BJ10VUS.
BJ10VUS
23 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm #36

It's bloody awful!

Andreos1

24 Sep 2013, 11:42 am #37
(23 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm)BJ10VUS It's bloody awful!

Add 52mins and multiply it by 7!
That included the time it took to verify, then re-boot and re-start.

It wasn't worth the wait...

Andreos1
24 Sep 2013, 11:42 am #37

(23 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm)BJ10VUS It's bloody awful!

Add 52mins and multiply it by 7!
That included the time it took to verify, then re-boot and re-start.

It wasn't worth the wait...

Adrian

24 Sep 2013, 6:48 pm #38
It took a short while for me to install, but I installed via an image and iTunes, rather than the bog standard OTA updater.

Adrian
24 Sep 2013, 6:48 pm #38

It took a short while for me to install, but I installed via an image and iTunes, rather than the bog standard OTA updater.

gtom

Banned

24 Sep 2013, 7:14 pm #39
I've had a look at iOS 7 and it does look like a shift towards Android in a way so I can see why a lot of Apple sheep don't enjoy it.

I've just bought myself an HTC One and have to say its the best phone I've ever had, knocks the socks of a gimmicky Samsung S4 and far superior to the IPhone 5(S)ame
gtom
24 Sep 2013, 7:14 pm #39

I've had a look at iOS 7 and it does look like a shift towards Android in a way so I can see why a lot of Apple sheep don't enjoy it.

I've just bought myself an HTC One and have to say its the best phone I've ever had, knocks the socks of a gimmicky Samsung S4 and far superior to the IPhone 5(S)ame

Andreos1

07 Jan 2014, 7:30 pm #40
Looking for hints, tips and advice peeps.

Buying a new phone.
Not keen on touchscreens, but after a trip to the Metrocentre earlier, it seems I don't have much choice!

I am sticking with my payg sim and will be buying phone with cold, hard cash.

Need internet (rules out the 99p Nokia that one shop had), the ability to open word/excel document and emails (push or webmail).
Anything else, not too fussed about.

I have apple products (ipad and ipod) and have a Windows 8 laptop - so syncing/compatibility isn't an issue.

Not prepared to pay hundreds for something that is probably only going to last a couple of years either.

Any advice?
Currently have a Nokia e5 that has been great, but is on its last legs.
Edited 07 Jan 2014, 7:37 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
07 Jan 2014, 7:30 pm #40

Looking for hints, tips and advice peeps.

Buying a new phone.
Not keen on touchscreens, but after a trip to the Metrocentre earlier, it seems I don't have much choice!

I am sticking with my payg sim and will be buying phone with cold, hard cash.

Need internet (rules out the 99p Nokia that one shop had), the ability to open word/excel document and emails (push or webmail).
Anything else, not too fussed about.

I have apple products (ipad and ipod) and have a Windows 8 laptop - so syncing/compatibility isn't an issue.

Not prepared to pay hundreds for something that is probably only going to last a couple of years either.

Any advice?
Currently have a Nokia e5 that has been great, but is on its last legs.

Pages (12): Previous 1 2 312 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average