Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 1 2 3 443 Next
MurdnunoC

23 Aug 2013, 10:36 pm #41
(23 Aug 2013, 10:25 pm)fozzovmurton Has anyone watched Summerslam yet, does anybody think a new Corporation type stable is being planned after HHH screwed Daniel Bryan or something along the lines of Evolution or McMahon/Helmsley Regime.

Watching Daniel Bryan getting his revenge against HHH, Orton and Co. is going to be epic. It's almost too good to screw up.
MurdnunoC
23 Aug 2013, 10:36 pm #41

(23 Aug 2013, 10:25 pm)fozzovmurton Has anyone watched Summerslam yet, does anybody think a new Corporation type stable is being planned after HHH screwed Daniel Bryan or something along the lines of Evolution or McMahon/Helmsley Regime.

Watching Daniel Bryan getting his revenge against HHH, Orton and Co. is going to be epic. It's almost too good to screw up.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Aug 2013, 6:44 am #42
(23 Aug 2013, 10:36 pm)AdamY Watching Daniel Bryan getting his revenge against HHH, Orton and Co. is going to be epic. It's almost too good to screw up.

Very true, but if anyone can screw it up it is WWE Tongue

I can honestly see this being played out till either Survivor Series or Royal Rumble and can see Cenas comeback being tied into this storyline, I personally think Cena should turn heel on his comeback and this storyline could be the one for him to use as a vehicle to turn heel
MrFozz
24 Aug 2013, 6:44 am #42

(23 Aug 2013, 10:36 pm)AdamY Watching Daniel Bryan getting his revenge against HHH, Orton and Co. is going to be epic. It's almost too good to screw up.

Very true, but if anyone can screw it up it is WWE Tongue

I can honestly see this being played out till either Survivor Series or Royal Rumble and can see Cenas comeback being tied into this storyline, I personally think Cena should turn heel on his comeback and this storyline could be the one for him to use as a vehicle to turn heel

Adrian

25 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm #43
(23 Aug 2013, 9:46 pm)AdamY Apparently Sting wants out of TNA when his contract expires and has been sending out feelers to the WWE.

I recall the only thing that stopped him making the jump to WWE, before he signed for TNA, was worry over how Vince would use him. I'd love to see it happen but I do agree with Sting. WWE would ruin him.

Mind you, shows how good TNA is at the moment. Bubba Ray Dudley is the world champion. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm #43

(23 Aug 2013, 9:46 pm)AdamY Apparently Sting wants out of TNA when his contract expires and has been sending out feelers to the WWE.

I recall the only thing that stopped him making the jump to WWE, before he signed for TNA, was worry over how Vince would use him. I'd love to see it happen but I do agree with Sting. WWE would ruin him.

Mind you, shows how good TNA is at the moment. Bubba Ray Dudley is the world champion. Big Grin

MurdnunoC

25 Aug 2013, 9:17 pm #44
(25 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm)aureolin I recall the only thing that stopped him making the jump to WWE, before he signed for TNA, was worry over how Vince would use him. I'd love to see it happen but I do agree with Sting. WWE would ruin him.

Maybe twelve years ago but not now.

Today, Sting would be treat like a god in WWE. Even on a limited schedule, there's still a load of fresh matches available to headline various PPV's with lots of money to be made.
MurdnunoC
25 Aug 2013, 9:17 pm #44

(25 Aug 2013, 9:05 pm)aureolin I recall the only thing that stopped him making the jump to WWE, before he signed for TNA, was worry over how Vince would use him. I'd love to see it happen but I do agree with Sting. WWE would ruin him.

Maybe twelve years ago but not now.

Today, Sting would be treat like a god in WWE. Even on a limited schedule, there's still a load of fresh matches available to headline various PPV's with lots of money to be made.

Half Pint

25 Aug 2013, 10:29 pm #45
(25 Aug 2013, 9:17 pm)AdamY Maybe twelve years ago but not now.

12 years on Vince wouldn't dare treat an ex WCW superstar as a god. I mean heavens forbid I mean that could spark off a WCW ONO. Vince will do anything to bury WCW...look at the rise and fall of WCW and see how clusterfecked it is of a documentary.

TNA had to put the belt back on Bubba Ray to be fair. As much as I like Sabin, he wasn't drawing as world champ and his promo's were awful.
Half Pint
25 Aug 2013, 10:29 pm #45

(25 Aug 2013, 9:17 pm)AdamY Maybe twelve years ago but not now.

12 years on Vince wouldn't dare treat an ex WCW superstar as a god. I mean heavens forbid I mean that could spark off a WCW ONO. Vince will do anything to bury WCW...look at the rise and fall of WCW and see how clusterfecked it is of a documentary.

TNA had to put the belt back on Bubba Ray to be fair. As much as I like Sabin, he wasn't drawing as world champ and his promo's were awful.

MurdnunoC

25 Aug 2013, 10:52 pm #46
(25 Aug 2013, 10:29 pm)Half Pint TNA had to put the belt back on Bubba Ray to be fair. As much as I like Sabin, he wasn't drawing as world champ and his promo's were awful.

Speaking of bad promos. WWE developmental prospect Adrian Neville (formerly known as PAC) really needs to lose the Geordie accent before he gets promoted to the main roster. I thought this display against The Shield was particularly cringe-worthy.

MurdnunoC
25 Aug 2013, 10:52 pm #46

(25 Aug 2013, 10:29 pm)Half Pint TNA had to put the belt back on Bubba Ray to be fair. As much as I like Sabin, he wasn't drawing as world champ and his promo's were awful.

Speaking of bad promos. WWE developmental prospect Adrian Neville (formerly known as PAC) really needs to lose the Geordie accent before he gets promoted to the main roster. I thought this display against The Shield was particularly cringe-worthy.

Adrian

12 Nov 2013, 6:12 pm #48
(12 Nov 2013, 4:42 pm)Adam Malarkey http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/...ights-Raw/

LOL those two were hellish. They were sitting near to us at ringside. There was a lad behind them dressed as Mankind too. The Goldust and Kane lads were fighting in the crowd during the Cena match too.

Adrian
12 Nov 2013, 6:12 pm #48

(12 Nov 2013, 4:42 pm)Adam Malarkey http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/...ights-Raw/

LOL those two were hellish. They were sitting near to us at ringside. There was a lad behind them dressed as Mankind too. The Goldust and Kane lads were fighting in the crowd during the Cena match too.

Malarkey

12 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm #49
(12 Nov 2013, 6:12 pm)aureolin LOL those two were hellish. They were sitting near to us at ringside. There was a lad behind them dressed as Mankind too. The Goldust and Kane lads were fighting in the crowd during the Cena match too.

I watched Raw last night on the TV and I thought the Main Event Segment was Awesome with The Shield and The Wyatts coming to blows, Just shows the UK Fans are Best in the World and I found the Kane vs Goldust Street Fight rather Amusing to watch also.
Malarkey
12 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm #49

(12 Nov 2013, 6:12 pm)aureolin LOL those two were hellish. They were sitting near to us at ringside. There was a lad behind them dressed as Mankind too. The Goldust and Kane lads were fighting in the crowd during the Cena match too.

I watched Raw last night on the TV and I thought the Main Event Segment was Awesome with The Shield and The Wyatts coming to blows, Just shows the UK Fans are Best in the World and I found the Kane vs Goldust Street Fight rather Amusing to watch also.

Adrian

12 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm #50
(12 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm)Adam Malarkey I watched Raw last night on the TV and I thought the Main Event Segment was Awesome with The Shield and The Wyatts coming to blows, Just shows the UK Fans are Best in the World and I found the Kane vs Goldust Street Fight rather Amusing to watch also.

It was the best atmosphere I've seen for a long time. It was like an indy crowd in a way. There was a lasses tag team match recorded for superstars, and the crowd were sarcastically chanting "this is awesome". The Orton match was class as the crowd were chanting for Jbl, Lawler and Superman in the crowd instead of the match in the ring.

Adrian
12 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm #50

(12 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm)Adam Malarkey I watched Raw last night on the TV and I thought the Main Event Segment was Awesome with The Shield and The Wyatts coming to blows, Just shows the UK Fans are Best in the World and I found the Kane vs Goldust Street Fight rather Amusing to watch also.

It was the best atmosphere I've seen for a long time. It was like an indy crowd in a way. There was a lasses tag team match recorded for superstars, and the crowd were sarcastically chanting "this is awesome". The Orton match was class as the crowd were chanting for Jbl, Lawler and Superman in the crowd instead of the match in the ring.

Malarkey

13 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm #51
(12 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm)aureolin It was the best atmosphere I've seen for a long time. It was like an indy crowd in a way. There was a lasses tag team match recorded for superstars, and the crowd were sarcastically chanting "this is awesome". The Orton match was class as the crowd were chanting for Jbl, Lawler and Superman in the crowd instead of the match in the ring.

I heard those Chants quite clearly on TV in the Orton Match, I also heard a Randy's Boring Chant also, which JBL attempted to say the fans were chanting Randy Orton rather than what was actually been said on Commentary, Surprised there wasn't one for Michael Cole as Normally there is when there is a Rowdy Crowd in Attendance. I was also shocked Wade Barrett didn't show his Face as he lives down the Road in Preston, I was expecting him to come out and Help Punk and Bryan when The Shield and The Wyatts Teamed up against them at the end.
Malarkey
13 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm #51

(12 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm)aureolin It was the best atmosphere I've seen for a long time. It was like an indy crowd in a way. There was a lasses tag team match recorded for superstars, and the crowd were sarcastically chanting "this is awesome". The Orton match was class as the crowd were chanting for Jbl, Lawler and Superman in the crowd instead of the match in the ring.

I heard those Chants quite clearly on TV in the Orton Match, I also heard a Randy's Boring Chant also, which JBL attempted to say the fans were chanting Randy Orton rather than what was actually been said on Commentary, Surprised there wasn't one for Michael Cole as Normally there is when there is a Rowdy Crowd in Attendance. I was also shocked Wade Barrett didn't show his Face as he lives down the Road in Preston, I was expecting him to come out and Help Punk and Bryan when The Shield and The Wyatts Teamed up against them at the end.

Adrian

13 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm #52
(13 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm)Adam Malarkey I heard those Chants quite clearly on TV in the Orton Match, I also heard a Randy's Boring Chant also, which JBL attempted to say the fans were chanting Randy Orton rather than what was actually been said on Commentary, Surprised there wasn't one for Michael Cole as Normally there is when there is a Rowdy Crowd in Attendance. I was also shocked Wade Barrett didn't show his Face as he lives down the Road in Preston, I was expecting him to come out and Help Punk and Bryan when The Shield and The Wyatts Teamed up against them at the end.

He did mate. The dark match before raw was Wade Barratt vs Damien Sandown or whatever his name is. William Regal was the guest ring announcer for it.

Adrian
13 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm #52

(13 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm)Adam Malarkey I heard those Chants quite clearly on TV in the Orton Match, I also heard a Randy's Boring Chant also, which JBL attempted to say the fans were chanting Randy Orton rather than what was actually been said on Commentary, Surprised there wasn't one for Michael Cole as Normally there is when there is a Rowdy Crowd in Attendance. I was also shocked Wade Barrett didn't show his Face as he lives down the Road in Preston, I was expecting him to come out and Help Punk and Bryan when The Shield and The Wyatts Teamed up against them at the end.

He did mate. The dark match before raw was Wade Barratt vs Damien Sandown or whatever his name is. William Regal was the guest ring announcer for it.

Malarkey

13 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm #53
(13 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm)aureolin He did mate. The dark match before raw was Wade Barratt vs Damien Sandown or whatever his name is. William Regal was the guest ring announcer for it.

That's shit that, hopefully Barrett appeared/returned on Smackdown
Malarkey
13 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm #53

(13 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm)aureolin He did mate. The dark match before raw was Wade Barratt vs Damien Sandown or whatever his name is. William Regal was the guest ring announcer for it.

That's shit that, hopefully Barrett appeared/returned on Smackdown

Andreos1

27 Jan 2014, 2:51 pm #54
No idea who won or was taking part - but judging by my fb there was a big match on last night.

The sad thirty something ba$tards who stopped up till yon time watching it - have received no end of stick off me (and others) for announcing to the world what they did.
Edited 27 Jan 2014, 2:52 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
27 Jan 2014, 2:51 pm #54

No idea who won or was taking part - but judging by my fb there was a big match on last night.

The sad thirty something ba$tards who stopped up till yon time watching it - have received no end of stick off me (and others) for announcing to the world what they did.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Malarkey

27 Jan 2014, 10:08 pm #55
(27 Jan 2014, 2:51 pm)andreos1 No idea who won or was taking part - but judging by my fb there was a big match on last night.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU DIDN'T KNOW, andreos1 YOU BETTER PHONE SOMMMMMMMMMMMEBOOODDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYY............... Just watched it myself, Minus one Match the PPV was otherwise Shit, Glad I didn't stop up to watch it, But I will be stopping to Watch Raw Tonight though.
Malarkey
27 Jan 2014, 10:08 pm #55

(27 Jan 2014, 2:51 pm)andreos1 No idea who won or was taking part - but judging by my fb there was a big match on last night.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU DIDN'T KNOW, andreos1 YOU BETTER PHONE SOMMMMMMMMMMMEBOOODDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYY............... Just watched it myself, Minus one Match the PPV was otherwise Shit, Glad I didn't stop up to watch it, But I will be stopping to Watch Raw Tonight though.

MurdnunoC

29 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm #56
Just finished watching the Royal Rumble and, with exception of the excellent Bray Wyatt/Daniel Bryan match, I thought it was pretty average.

Seth Rollins was my MVP in the Rumble match itself. He lasted just as long as Punk and seemed to be involved more. I liked what I saw of Alexander Russev - he should be a good fit on the main roster whenever he is called up.
MurdnunoC
29 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm #56

Just finished watching the Royal Rumble and, with exception of the excellent Bray Wyatt/Daniel Bryan match, I thought it was pretty average.

Seth Rollins was my MVP in the Rumble match itself. He lasted just as long as Punk and seemed to be involved more. I liked what I saw of Alexander Russev - he should be a good fit on the main roster whenever he is called up.

MurdnunoC

06 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm #57
Well, Wrestlemania XXX airs tonight and although I won't be watching it live, I'll certainly be watching it at some point tomorrow.

The card looks like this:

The Vicki Guererro Divas Championship Inviational
The 30-man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
The Usos vs. The Real Americans vs. Los Matadores vs. RybAxel
The Shield vs. Kane & The New-Age Outlaws
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H.
Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Winner of Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

I don't really care who wins the Divas match or the Battle Royal - it's just filler to make sure everyone on the roster gets a payday.
The Usos will probably win the 4-way tag match. I think Cesaro and Swagger will probably break-up and end up feuding here.
The Shield will win against Kane & The Outlaws. Roman Reigns will look like a star.
Cena/Wyatt is tough to call. Wyatt has been booked strongly and has been impressive since his win against Daniel Bryan. However, Cena is still the star of the show in they eyes of little kids everywhere, so they might want to give Cena a win here - to send the kids home happy.
I really want Brock to end the streak. I can buy the Undertaker winning against the likes of CM Punk, Triple-H or Shawn Michaels, but Brock Lesnar is a different kind of beast - a legitimate bad-ass with mainstream credibility from his stint in UFC.
Daniel Bryan should win his match against Triple-H then go on to win the triple-threat match later on. The people love Bryan and this should be both his Wrestlemania moment and theirs.

Any thoughts, comments or predictions?

(Oh, and by the way, you can place bets on Wrestlemania through PaddyPower - Anyone brave enough to do so?)
Edited 06 Apr 2014, 4:15 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
06 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm #57

Well, Wrestlemania XXX airs tonight and although I won't be watching it live, I'll certainly be watching it at some point tomorrow.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

I don't really care who wins the Divas match or the Battle Royal - it's just filler to make sure everyone on the roster gets a payday.
The Usos will probably win the 4-way tag match. I think Cesaro and Swagger will probably break-up and end up feuding here.
The Shield will win against Kane & The Outlaws. Roman Reigns will look like a star.
Cena/Wyatt is tough to call. Wyatt has been booked strongly and has been impressive since his win against Daniel Bryan. However, Cena is still the star of the show in they eyes of little kids everywhere, so they might want to give Cena a win here - to send the kids home happy.
I really want Brock to end the streak. I can buy the Undertaker winning against the likes of CM Punk, Triple-H or Shawn Michaels, but Brock Lesnar is a different kind of beast - a legitimate bad-ass with mainstream credibility from his stint in UFC.
Daniel Bryan should win his match against Triple-H then go on to win the triple-threat match later on. The people love Bryan and this should be both his Wrestlemania moment and theirs.

(Oh, and by the way, you can place bets on Wrestlemania through PaddyPower - Anyone brave enough to do so?)

Malarkey

06 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm #58
(06 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm)AdamY Well, Wrestlemania XXX airs tonight and although I won't be watching it live, I'll certainly be watching it at some point tomorrow.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

I'll be stopping up to watch it by finding a stream of it,

Predictions:

The Vicki Guererro Divas Championship Inviational (AJ Retains Divas Championship)

The 30-man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (CM Punk shows up and Wins otherwise i'll go for Christian winning)
The Usos vs. The Real Americans vs. Los Matadores vs. RybAxel (Usos Retain Tag Titles)
The Shield vs. Kane & The New-Age Outlaws (The Shield Wins)
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (Cena obviously Wins)
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar (Undertaker goes 22-0)
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H. (End in a No Contest, Both into Randy vs Batista Match for WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
Randy Orton vs. Batista vs Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (Daniel Bryan wins WWE World Heavyweight Championship)

I still think if CM Punk doesn't appear in the Battle Royal, he'll appear some capacity and have a Match with someone, possibly Stone Cold Steve Austin as he is Confirmed to be there Tonight, otherwise he'll screw HHH out of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship or Screw Lesnar over and help Undertaker Win, Just few Scenarios that I think may end up happening Tonight.
Malarkey
06 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm #58

(06 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm)AdamY Well, Wrestlemania XXX airs tonight and although I won't be watching it live, I'll certainly be watching it at some point tomorrow.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

I'll be stopping up to watch it by finding a stream of it,

Predictions:

The Vicki Guererro Divas Championship Inviational (AJ Retains Divas Championship)

The 30-man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (CM Punk shows up and Wins otherwise i'll go for Christian winning)
The Usos vs. The Real Americans vs. Los Matadores vs. RybAxel (Usos Retain Tag Titles)
The Shield vs. Kane & The New-Age Outlaws (The Shield Wins)
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (Cena obviously Wins)
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar (Undertaker goes 22-0)
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H. (End in a No Contest, Both into Randy vs Batista Match for WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
Randy Orton vs. Batista vs Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (Daniel Bryan wins WWE World Heavyweight Championship)

I still think if CM Punk doesn't appear in the Battle Royal, he'll appear some capacity and have a Match with someone, possibly Stone Cold Steve Austin as he is Confirmed to be there Tonight, otherwise he'll screw HHH out of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship or Screw Lesnar over and help Undertaker Win, Just few Scenarios that I think may end up happening Tonight.

Adrian

06 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm #59
I think it'll be one of the best manias for a long time, but I won't be watching unfortunately. Sad piece of work that I can't get out of this week, so hands are tied.

I've got a feeling they'll give the title to Batista. Agree with the Taker win, as I think if anyone would have taken the streak, it would have been HHH a few years ago. Will be interesting to see who's in the battle royal that hasn't been announced?

On another note I was watching WWE Vintage on SS3 earlier. Had a few Razor Ramon matches, including the ladder match at WrestleMania 10. I remember watching that back in 94 haha Smile

Adrian
06 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm #59

I think it'll be one of the best manias for a long time, but I won't be watching unfortunately. Sad piece of work that I can't get out of this week, so hands are tied.

I've got a feeling they'll give the title to Batista. Agree with the Taker win, as I think if anyone would have taken the streak, it would have been HHH a few years ago. Will be interesting to see who's in the battle royal that hasn't been announced?

On another note I was watching WWE Vintage on SS3 earlier. Had a few Razor Ramon matches, including the ladder match at WrestleMania 10. I remember watching that back in 94 haha Smile

Malarkey

06 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm #60
(06 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm)aureolin I think it'll be one of the best manias for a long time, but I won't be watching unfortunately. Sad piece of work that I can't get out of this week, so hands are tied.

Just read on WrestlingRumours.Net The Rock in New Orleans for Wrestlemania Tonight and will be involved in an angle on the Show, No idea what though as it said he was Rehearsing for it, Quote said it will be Special, Got a feeling they'll announce Rock vs Brock for WM31.
Malarkey
06 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm #60

(06 Apr 2014, 5:27 pm)aureolin I think it'll be one of the best manias for a long time, but I won't be watching unfortunately. Sad piece of work that I can't get out of this week, so hands are tied.

Just read on WrestlingRumours.Net The Rock in New Orleans for Wrestlemania Tonight and will be involved in an angle on the Show, No idea what though as it said he was Rehearsing for it, Quote said it will be Special, Got a feeling they'll announce Rock vs Brock for WM31.

Pages (43) Previous 1 2 3 443 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average