Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Wrestling

Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 140 41 42 43 Next
MurdnunoC

24 Jun 2016, 10:47 pm #801
Opening ceremony of WWE's Cruiserweight Classic tournament...

This is going to be amazing. Spoilers of the first round are already online but I genuinely can't wait to see a world-class tournament with the added quality of WWE production.
MurdnunoC
24 Jun 2016, 10:47 pm #801

Opening ceremony of WWE's Cruiserweight Classic tournament...

This is going to be amazing. Spoilers of the first round are already online but I genuinely can't wait to see a world-class tournament with the added quality of WWE production.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Jun 2016, 9:00 am #802
(23 Jun 2016, 9:13 am)MurdnunoC Roman Reigns suspended for violation of WWE's Wellness Policy - arguably the most high-profile suspension since the policy was implemented in the mid-2000's.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-su...ion-215006
Whats gone on there?

Isn't he supposed to be the face of the company?

I have not watched it for a while

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Edited 30 Jun 2016, 9:02 am by MrFozz.
MrFozz
30 Jun 2016, 9:00 am #802

(23 Jun 2016, 9:13 am)MurdnunoC Roman Reigns suspended for violation of WWE's Wellness Policy - arguably the most high-profile suspension since the policy was implemented in the mid-2000's.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-su...ion-215006
Whats gone on there?

MurdnunoC

01 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm #803
(30 Jun 2016, 9:00 am)MrFozz Whats gone on there?

He was tested and the result showed positive for a banned substance.

He admitted his wrongdoing through his twitter account and accepted his suspension.

He'll return to action at the next PPV (Battleground) where he's scheduled to face Seth Rollins and WWE Champion, Dean Ambrose, in a triple-threat match for the belt.
MurdnunoC
01 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm #803

(30 Jun 2016, 9:00 am)MrFozz Whats gone on there?

He was tested and the result showed positive for a banned substance.

He admitted his wrongdoing through his twitter account and accepted his suspension.

He'll return to action at the next PPV (Battleground) where he's scheduled to face Seth Rollins and WWE Champion, Dean Ambrose, in a triple-threat match for the belt.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

01 Jul 2016, 12:53 pm #804
(01 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm)MurdnunoC He was tested and the result showed positive for a banned substance.

How does the Wellness Policy work these days anyway?

Is it a 3 strike system, sure I remember it supposed to be

1st strike...30 days
2nd strike...60 days
3rd strike...Contract terminated

Is this still the same programme that was brought in after either Eddie Guerrero or Benoit???

MrFozz
01 Jul 2016, 12:53 pm #804

(01 Jul 2016, 12:40 pm)MurdnunoC He was tested and the result showed positive for a banned substance.

How does the Wellness Policy work these days anyway?

Is it a 3 strike system, sure I remember it supposed to be

1st strike...30 days
2nd strike...60 days
3rd strike...Contract terminated

Is this still the same programme that was brought in after either Eddie Guerrero or Benoit???

Malarkey

19 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm #805
Anyone watching the Draft tonight on Smackdown?
Malarkey
19 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm #805

Anyone watching the Draft tonight on Smackdown?

MurdnunoC

19 Jul 2016, 8:19 pm #806
(19 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm)Malarkey Anyone watching the Draft tonight on Smackdown?

Not live but will be watching tomorrow at some point. Is anyone watching the Crusierweight Classic? Participants Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada) and Kota Ibushi have already been offered and signed contracts.
MurdnunoC
19 Jul 2016, 8:19 pm #806

(19 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm)Malarkey Anyone watching the Draft tonight on Smackdown?

Not live but will be watching tomorrow at some point. Is anyone watching the Crusierweight Classic? Participants Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada) and Kota Ibushi have already been offered and signed contracts.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

18 Sep 2016, 10:59 am #807
Vinny Mc at it again trying to squeeze his competition...

WWE puts in bid for TNA

What exactly is that going to achieve, the WCW thing did not work too good...Or is Vince just looking to get the trademarks and video library????

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
18 Sep 2016, 10:59 am #807

Vinny Mc at it again trying to squeeze his competition...

WWE puts in bid for TNA

What exactly is that going to achieve, the WCW thing did not work too good...Or is Vince just looking to get the trademarks and video library????

MurdnunoC

18 Sep 2016, 7:12 pm #808
(18 Sep 2016, 10:59 am)MrFozz Vinny Mc at it again trying to squeeze his competition...

WWE puts in bid for TNA

I would take that story with a huge pinch of salt. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again, unless the story is reported by either The Observer (Meltzer/Alvarez) or The Torch (Keller), it's probably bullshit. The Observer and The Torch are the most well-read and respected outlets for wrestling news and it's the place to which industry insiders leak stories.
MurdnunoC
18 Sep 2016, 7:12 pm #808

(18 Sep 2016, 10:59 am)MrFozz Vinny Mc at it again trying to squeeze his competition...

WWE puts in bid for TNA

I would take that story with a huge pinch of salt. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again, unless the story is reported by either The Observer (Meltzer/Alvarez) or The Torch (Keller), it's probably bullshit. The Observer and The Torch are the most well-read and respected outlets for wrestling news and it's the place to which industry insiders leak stories.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm #809
(18 Sep 2016, 7:12 pm)MurdnunoC I would take that story with a huge pinch of salt. 

Fairy Snuff, I will take your word for it mate ?

I have seen it in a few places though...

As you know I have never claimed to know much about the business or anything, but out of interest is TNA actually in financial difficulty???

MrFozz
20 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm #809

(18 Sep 2016, 7:12 pm)MurdnunoC I would take that story with a huge pinch of salt. 

Fairy Snuff, I will take your word for it mate ?

As you know I have never claimed to know much about the business or anything, but out of interest is TNA actually in financial difficulty???

MurdnunoC

21 Sep 2016, 8:31 am #810
(20 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm)MrFozz Fairy Snuff, I will take your word for it mate ?

Billy Corgan, frontman of The Smashing Pumpkins and longtime wrestling fan, seems poised to take financial control of the company. He has been involved behind the scenes for quite some time now and I believe he's made some recent on-air appearances as an authority figure.

Corgan has been involved in the wrestling industry prior to TNA co-founding the promotion, Resistance Pro Wrestling. However, after failing to secure a television deal, he left the company in 2014. Although the promotion still promotes shows around the Chicago area, most consider the Resistance Pro to be a failure given the profile it received. Corgan's name was also bandied around as a potential investor in ECW before it went bust in 2001 but, aside from attending shows, it seemed to be a wild rumour with no actual basis.

TNA has been in financial difficulty in the past but has always had Panda Energy to bankroll the losses. But, over the last few years, a lot of streamlining has taken place, so it's probably in a better financial position as it was when Hogan and Co. were running rampant.
MurdnunoC
21 Sep 2016, 8:31 am #810

(20 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm)MrFozz Fairy Snuff, I will take your word for it mate ?

Billy Corgan, frontman of The Smashing Pumpkins and longtime wrestling fan, seems poised to take financial control of the company. He has been involved behind the scenes for quite some time now and I believe he's made some recent on-air appearances as an authority figure.

Corgan has been involved in the wrestling industry prior to TNA co-founding the promotion, Resistance Pro Wrestling. However, after failing to secure a television deal, he left the company in 2014. Although the promotion still promotes shows around the Chicago area, most consider the Resistance Pro to be a failure given the profile it received. Corgan's name was also bandied around as a potential investor in ECW before it went bust in 2001 but, aside from attending shows, it seemed to be a wild rumour with no actual basis.

TNA has been in financial difficulty in the past but has always had Panda Energy to bankroll the losses. But, over the last few years, a lot of streamlining has taken place, so it's probably in a better financial position as it was when Hogan and Co. were running rampant.

MurdnunoC

05 Oct 2016, 6:23 pm #811
Looks like the long awaited rematch between Brock Lesnar and Goldberg is scheduled for this years' Survivor Series in November.

GOLDBERG VS. BROCK LESNAR ALL BUT CONFIRMED FOR NOVEMBER'S SURVIVOR SERIES

Should be a spectacle if nothing else.

Also, my favourite wrestling entrance of the year!!

Matt Hardy's character work has been outstanding this year.
MurdnunoC
05 Oct 2016, 6:23 pm #811

Looks like the long awaited rematch between Brock Lesnar and Goldberg is scheduled for this years' Survivor Series in November.

GOLDBERG VS. BROCK LESNAR ALL BUT CONFIRMED FOR NOVEMBER'S SURVIVOR SERIES

Should be a spectacle if nothing else.

Also, my favourite wrestling entrance of the year!!

Matt Hardy's character work has been outstanding this year.

MurdnunoC

10 Oct 2016, 6:57 pm #812
Fozz's favourite, Paige, has been suspended for 60 days by WWE after failing yet another wellness test.

Credit: F4W/Wrestling Observer Online

[Image: paigesuspended.jpg?itok=dNIkwsBs]
Paige has once again been suspended by WWE for violating the company's wellness policy.

WWE's statement: WWE has suspended Saraya-Jade Bevis (Paige) for 60 days effective immediately, for her second violation of the company’s talent wellness policy.

The suspension is standard for a second violation of the policy. No indication was given as to what caused it.

Paige addressed the suspension over the course of two tweets shortly after the news broke: "Same sh*t different day. Kids. Please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. Not acceptable. Rules apply depending on your status."

The suspension comes nearly two months after Paige's first violation of the policy. She was originally suspended on August 17th, the same day as her boyfriend Alberto Del Rio was also suspended for violating the policy. Del Rio has since left the company after being granted a mutual release.

Shortly before the original suspension was set to expire, Paige took to Twitter to offer an explanation for the violation and claimed that she was suspended due to a procedural issue after not being home when the test was to be administered. Paige also claimed that she would return to the ring when her health allowed. She recently tweeted that she would be undergoing neck surgery and had two surgery options she had to decide between.

One more strike and she's out although she doesn't seem to bothered about WWE at the minute.
Edited 10 Oct 2016, 6:58 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
10 Oct 2016, 6:57 pm #812

Fozz's favourite, Paige, has been suspended for 60 days by WWE after failing yet another wellness test.

[Image: paigesuspended.jpg?itok=dNIkwsBs]
Paige has once again been suspended by WWE for violating the company's wellness policy.

WWE's statement: WWE has suspended Saraya-Jade Bevis (Paige) for 60 days effective immediately, for her second violation of the company’s talent wellness policy.

The suspension is standard for a second violation of the policy. No indication was given as to what caused it.

Paige addressed the suspension over the course of two tweets shortly after the news broke: "Same sh*t different day. Kids. Please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. Not acceptable. Rules apply depending on your status."

The suspension comes nearly two months after Paige's first violation of the policy. She was originally suspended on August 17th, the same day as her boyfriend Alberto Del Rio was also suspended for violating the policy. Del Rio has since left the company after being granted a mutual release.

Shortly before the original suspension was set to expire, Paige took to Twitter to offer an explanation for the violation and claimed that she was suspended due to a procedural issue after not being home when the test was to be administered. Paige also claimed that she would return to the ring when her health allowed. She recently tweeted that she would be undergoing neck surgery and had two surgery options she had to decide between.

One more strike and she's out although she doesn't seem to bothered about WWE at the minute.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Oct 2016, 8:15 pm #813
(10 Oct 2016, 6:57 pm)MurdnunoC Fozz's favourite, Paige, has been suspended for 60 days by WWE after failing yet another wellness test.

Wonder if she has done it on purpose to be with Alberto Del Rio

MrFozz
10 Oct 2016, 8:15 pm #813

(10 Oct 2016, 6:57 pm)MurdnunoC Fozz's favourite, Paige, has been suspended for 60 days by WWE after failing yet another wellness test.

Wonder if she has done it on purpose to be with Alberto Del Rio

MurdnunoC

12 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm #814
(10 Oct 2016, 8:15 pm)MrFozz Wonder if she has done it on purpose to be with Alberto Del Rio

Possibly. Although WWE have now released a statement to counteract claims made by Paige.

Credit F4W/Wrestling Observer Online 

WWE is attempting to set the record straight on Paige's suspension.

In a statement to the New York Post, WWE publicly pushed back against claims Paige and her family had made that she failed a wellness test for prescription painkillers.

“Saraya-Jade Bevis tested positive for an illegal substance, not a prescription drug,” WWE said in a statement to The Post. “In addition, WWE is providing world-class medical care for her in-ring injury.”

Almost immediately after her suspension was announced on Monday, Paige spoke out on Twitter. "Same sh*t different day. Kids..Please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. Not acceptable." Paige tweeted. "Rules apply depending on your status."

Her comments were then followed on on by her family, with her father posting on Facebook that Paige has had a long-term neck injury that he didn't feel was being dealt with. He claimed that she had been prescribed painkillers that were apparently against the wellness program.

That assertion was backed up Paige's brother, Zak Bevis, in a post on his Facebook page.

The suspension was the second time in recent months that Paige had been suspended for violating the wellness policy. She was originally suspended for 30 days in August for her first violation.

The Observer is also reporting that Alberto Del Rio has been appointed the figurehead of a new MMA promotion called 'Combate Americas'. Del Rio, accompanied by Paige, has been doing media appearances to promote a show due to take place on Friday night in New York.

http://www.f4wonline.com/mma-news/albert...cas-222536
MurdnunoC
12 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm #814

(10 Oct 2016, 8:15 pm)MrFozz Wonder if she has done it on purpose to be with Alberto Del Rio

Possibly. Although WWE have now released a statement to counteract claims made by Paige.

Credit F4W/Wrestling Observer Online 

WWE is attempting to set the record straight on Paige's suspension.

In a statement to the New York Post, WWE publicly pushed back against claims Paige and her family had made that she failed a wellness test for prescription painkillers.

“Saraya-Jade Bevis tested positive for an illegal substance, not a prescription drug,” WWE said in a statement to The Post. “In addition, WWE is providing world-class medical care for her in-ring injury.”

Almost immediately after her suspension was announced on Monday, Paige spoke out on Twitter. "Same sh*t different day. Kids..Please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. Not acceptable." Paige tweeted. "Rules apply depending on your status."

Her comments were then followed on on by her family, with her father posting on Facebook that Paige has had a long-term neck injury that he didn't feel was being dealt with. He claimed that she had been prescribed painkillers that were apparently against the wellness program.

That assertion was backed up Paige's brother, Zak Bevis, in a post on his Facebook page.

The suspension was the second time in recent months that Paige had been suspended for violating the wellness policy. She was originally suspended for 30 days in August for her first violation.

The Observer is also reporting that Alberto Del Rio has been appointed the figurehead of a new MMA promotion called 'Combate Americas'. Del Rio, accompanied by Paige, has been doing media appearances to promote a show due to take place on Friday night in New York.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Oct 2016, 8:19 am #815
(12 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm)MurdnunoC Possibly. Although WWE have now released a statement to counteract claims made by Paige.

Is Paige still under contract with WWE? And would making appearances anywhere with Del Rio not breach her WWE contract???

MrFozz
20 Oct 2016, 8:19 am #815

(12 Oct 2016, 12:03 pm)MurdnunoC Possibly. Although WWE have now released a statement to counteract claims made by Paige.

Is Paige still under contract with WWE? And would making appearances anywhere with Del Rio not breach her WWE contract???

MurdnunoC

20 Oct 2016, 8:58 am #816
(20 Oct 2016, 8:19 am)MrFozz Is Paige still under contract with WWE? And would making appearances anywhere with Del Rio not breach her WWE contract???

She popped the big question to Del Rio during an in-ring appearance of a WWC Show in Puerto Rico over the weekend. 

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/albert...ico-222866

WWC, in the past, have had a good working relationship with WWE dating back to the 1970s. That particular appearance may have been authorised by WWE but that's just speculation on my part. Combate Americas is still a relatively small MMA promotion looking to grow (and there have been a lot over the years); it's not UFC or Bellator so they're probably not on WWE's radar. Besides, Paige wasn't there in any official capacity - just tagging along with her boyfriend.
Edited 20 Oct 2016, 6:01 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
20 Oct 2016, 8:58 am #816

(20 Oct 2016, 8:19 am)MrFozz Is Paige still under contract with WWE? And would making appearances anywhere with Del Rio not breach her WWE contract???

She popped the big question to Del Rio during an in-ring appearance of a WWC Show in Puerto Rico over the weekend. 

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/albert...ico-222866

WWC, in the past, have had a good working relationship with WWE dating back to the 1970s. That particular appearance may have been authorised by WWE but that's just speculation on my part. Combate Americas is still a relatively small MMA promotion looking to grow (and there have been a lot over the years); it's not UFC or Bellator so they're probably not on WWE's radar. Besides, Paige wasn't there in any official capacity - just tagging along with her boyfriend.

Malarkey

15 Dec 2016, 9:18 pm #817
WWE annouce United Kingdom Championship Tournament.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-united-king...tournament
Malarkey
15 Dec 2016, 9:18 pm #817

WWE annouce United Kingdom Championship Tournament.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-united-king...tournament

Malarkey

31 Dec 2016, 10:41 pm #818
Anyone watch the Wrestling on ITV this evening, featured Jim Ross on commentary, Grado, Dave Mastiff and former WWE Superstar Davey Boy Smith.
Malarkey
31 Dec 2016, 10:41 pm #818

Anyone watch the Wrestling on ITV this evening, featured Jim Ross on commentary, Grado, Dave Mastiff and former WWE Superstar Davey Boy Smith.

Adrian

31 Dec 2016, 11:02 pm #819
(31 Dec 2016, 10:41 pm)Malarkey Anyone watch the Wrestling on ITV this evening, featured Jim Ross on commentary, Grado, Dave Mastiff and former WWE Superstar Davey Boy Smith.

I didn't watch it, but BIB - he's been dead 15 years?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Dec 2016, 11:02 pm #819

(31 Dec 2016, 10:41 pm)Malarkey Anyone watch the Wrestling on ITV this evening, featured Jim Ross on commentary, Grado, Dave Mastiff and former WWE Superstar Davey Boy Smith.

I didn't watch it, but BIB - he's been dead 15 years?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

MurdnunoC

01 Jan 2017, 8:28 am #820
Malarkey Anyone watch the Wrestling on ITV this evening, featured Jim Ross on commentary, Grado, Dave Mastiff and former WWE Superstar Davey Boy Smith.

(31 Dec 2016, 11:02 pm)Adrian I didn't watch it, but BIB - he's been dead 15 years?

It was his son, Harry Smith, who's been going by the name of Davey Boy Smith Jr. for a good while now. He had a stint in WWE but achieved nothing of note; he certainly wouldn't be remembered as a 'WWE Superstar' by the casual WWE viewer.

I watched about an hour of WOS last night. I thought the production looked good but whomever was directing the show was cutting to the crowd far too much thereby missing some of the ring action. I liked how they were showing clips and recounting the history of the old 'World of Sport" era of British Wrestling, however I felt it didn't really tie into any of the matches on the show. I thought the Battle-Royale was poor but the rest of the matches I watched were fine for what they were. The Coffey Brothers, Rampage Brown, El Ligero and Zack Gibson are all pretty decent and I'm pleased they got to showcase their talent to a potentially wider audience.
Edited 02 Jan 2017, 7:53 am by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
01 Jan 2017, 8:28 am #820

Malarkey Anyone watch the Wrestling on ITV this evening, featured Jim Ross on commentary, Grado, Dave Mastiff and former WWE Superstar Davey Boy Smith.

(31 Dec 2016, 11:02 pm)Adrian I didn't watch it, but BIB - he's been dead 15 years?

It was his son, Harry Smith, who's been going by the name of Davey Boy Smith Jr. for a good while now. He had a stint in WWE but achieved nothing of note; he certainly wouldn't be remembered as a 'WWE Superstar' by the casual WWE viewer.

I watched about an hour of WOS last night. I thought the production looked good but whomever was directing the show was cutting to the crowd far too much thereby missing some of the ring action. I liked how they were showing clips and recounting the history of the old 'World of Sport" era of British Wrestling, however I felt it didn't really tie into any of the matches on the show. I thought the Battle-Royale was poor but the rest of the matches I watched were fine for what they were. The Coffey Brothers, Rampage Brown, El Ligero and Zack Gibson are all pretty decent and I'm pleased they got to showcase their talent to a potentially wider audience.

Pages (43) Previous 140 41 42 43 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average