Wrestling

Wrestling

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (43) Previous 141 42 43 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

02 Jan 2017, 7:22 am #821
Yeah...

I watched it too, production style was not too bad.

I know it was only a pilot, but I hope it comes back again later in the year.

I will agree about Davey Jr, did nothing of note in WWE. I was not expecting him to turn up on WOS though

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
MrFozz
02 Jan 2017, 7:22 am #821

Yeah...

I will agree about Davey Jr, did nothing of note in WWE. I was not expecting him to turn up on WOS though

MurdnunoC

02 Jan 2017, 8:07 am #822
(02 Jan 2017, 7:22 am)MrFozz Yeah...

To be honest, I don't think he adds anything to the product. He works more or less full time in Japan and resides in Canada - his country of birth. While he is the son of Davey Boy Smith, his father died over 15 years ago and his popularity had peaked probably 5 year prior to his passing. So, if this product is appealing to kids, I don't know what bringing in a no-name import whose father holds very little (if any) relevance to the target audience is meant to achieve. ITV could have forked out for Bad News Barrett or brought in Cody Rhodes and it probably would've meant more.
MurdnunoC
02 Jan 2017, 8:07 am #822

(02 Jan 2017, 7:22 am)MrFozz Yeah...

To be honest, I don't think he adds anything to the product. He works more or less full time in Japan and resides in Canada - his country of birth. While he is the son of Davey Boy Smith, his father died over 15 years ago and his popularity had peaked probably 5 year prior to his passing. So, if this product is appealing to kids, I don't know what bringing in a no-name import whose father holds very little (if any) relevance to the target audience is meant to achieve. ITV could have forked out for Bad News Barrett or brought in Cody Rhodes and it probably would've meant more.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

02 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm #823
(02 Jan 2017, 8:07 am)MurdnunoC To be honest, I don't think he adds anything to the product. He works more or less full time in Japan and resides in Canada - his country of birth. While he is the son of Davey Boy Smith, his father died over 15 years ago and his popularity had peaked probably 5 year prior to his passing. So, if this product is appealing to kids, I don't know what bringing in a no-name import whose father holds very little (if any) relevance to the target audience is meant to achieve. ITV could have forked out for Bad News Barrett or brought in Cody Rhodes and it probably would've meant more.

I thought Barrett was finished now or is it that just from WWE

MrFozz
02 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm #823

(02 Jan 2017, 8:07 am)MurdnunoC To be honest, I don't think he adds anything to the product. He works more or less full time in Japan and resides in Canada - his country of birth. While he is the son of Davey Boy Smith, his father died over 15 years ago and his popularity had peaked probably 5 year prior to his passing. So, if this product is appealing to kids, I don't know what bringing in a no-name import whose father holds very little (if any) relevance to the target audience is meant to achieve. ITV could have forked out for Bad News Barrett or brought in Cody Rhodes and it probably would've meant more.

I thought Barrett was finished now or is it that just from WWE

S813 FVK

02 Jan 2017, 3:56 pm #824
Challenge TV is no longer the home of TNA Wrestling. The channels broadcast ended with a double bill of Xplosion on Saturday 31st December at 9am and 10am respectively followed by a 'best of 2016' programme which aired the following day at 9pm.

It will not be broadcast by another channel and UK viewers will need to download the app which will cost £4.99 a month. This includes the download of the weekly episode IMPACT as well as classic episodes of the main show along with both series of 'British Bootcamp' and Xplosion.

http://impactwrestling.com/impact-wrestl...d-ireland/
S813 FVK
02 Jan 2017, 3:56 pm #824

Challenge TV is no longer the home of TNA Wrestling. The channels broadcast ended with a double bill of Xplosion on Saturday 31st December at 9am and 10am respectively followed by a 'best of 2016' programme which aired the following day at 9pm.

It will not be broadcast by another channel and UK viewers will need to download the app which will cost £4.99 a month. This includes the download of the weekly episode IMPACT as well as classic episodes of the main show along with both series of 'British Bootcamp' and Xplosion.

http://impactwrestling.com/impact-wrestl...d-ireland/

MurdnunoC

02 Jan 2017, 4:16 pm #825
(02 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm)MrFozz I thought Barrett was finished now or is it that just from WWE

His wrestling career is on hiatus as he wants to pursue acting. His WWE contract expired last year so he is a free agent and could feasibly appear for WOS Wrestling if the show was picked up by ITV. But the point I was really trying to make, using Barrett as an example, is that he's more identifiable to WOS/ITV's target audience due to his more recent exposure on television. 

DBS (Sr.) last appeared on WWE TV in 2000 following a disastrous WCW run where he was treat like a nobody and managed to seriously injure himself (through no fault of his own) in the process. He wrestled predominately as a heel between 1995-97 though he was popular when WWE toured the UK. However, the height of popularity was in 1992 when he headlined Summerslam '92 at Wembley Stadium - now almost 25 years ago. I'm guessing WOS/ITV's target audience (which is children) were probably a decade from being even a twinkle in the milkman's eye when Summerslam '92 took place.
MurdnunoC
02 Jan 2017, 4:16 pm #825

(02 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm)MrFozz I thought Barrett was finished now or is it that just from WWE

His wrestling career is on hiatus as he wants to pursue acting. His WWE contract expired last year so he is a free agent and could feasibly appear for WOS Wrestling if the show was picked up by ITV. But the point I was really trying to make, using Barrett as an example, is that he's more identifiable to WOS/ITV's target audience due to his more recent exposure on television. 

DBS (Sr.) last appeared on WWE TV in 2000 following a disastrous WCW run where he was treat like a nobody and managed to seriously injure himself (through no fault of his own) in the process. He wrestled predominately as a heel between 1995-97 though he was popular when WWE toured the UK. However, the height of popularity was in 1992 when he headlined Summerslam '92 at Wembley Stadium - now almost 25 years ago. I'm guessing WOS/ITV's target audience (which is children) were probably a decade from being even a twinkle in the milkman's eye when Summerslam '92 took place.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

02 Jan 2017, 5:34 pm #826
I loved Davey Boy as a kid and remember watching SS '92 with my dad, I remember my dad being excited about Davey fighting in front of 'his own people'

I went off wrestling for a bit afterwards when I first found out it was all pre-determined.

I will never forget the pop he recieved at Earls Court at Insurrextion around 2000/01...

Crash Holly with the Hardcore Strap, issuing an open challenge to any English Bloke to fight him and loved it when Davey answered Crashs challenge...

One thing I just remembered about that time

Crash Holly weighing in at over 400lbs...allegedly

MrFozz
02 Jan 2017, 5:34 pm #826

I loved Davey Boy as a kid and remember watching SS '92 with my dad, I remember my dad being excited about Davey fighting in front of 'his own people'

I went off wrestling for a bit afterwards when I first found out it was all pre-determined.

I will never forget the pop he recieved at Earls Court at Insurrextion around 2000/01...

Crash Holly with the Hardcore Strap, issuing an open challenge to any English Bloke to fight him and loved it when Davey answered Crashs challenge...

One thing I just remembered about that time

Crash Holly weighing in at over 400lbs...allegedly

MurdnunoC

15 Jan 2017, 8:35 pm #827
Just finished watching Night 1 of WWE's UK Championship Tournament which is now available on the WWE Network as well as other 'places'.

The commentary team is former ROH and TNA wrestler, Nigel McGuinness and Michael Cole; I think they worked well together.

The crowd was of the type one usually finds in places like PROGRESS and RevPro - very lively with lots of singing and chants unique to what you would generally find on WWE programming. It certainly gave the show a different feel and they made everyone look like someone special.

The in-ring action seemed a lot stiffer than what you would see on RAW with a lot of reference made to the 'British Strong Style'. Stand-out stars, in my opinion, were Trent Seven, Jordan Devlin, Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews and Tyler Bate - though that's not to take away from anyone else on the show. Pete Dunne was involved in angle at the end of the night which is available on WWE's YouTube Channel - it would appear WWE are quite high on him. The other competitors were H.C Dyer, Danny Burch, Saxton Hurley (of local note - from Hartlepool), Sam Gradwell, Roy Johnson, Wolfgang, Tyson T-Bone, Joseph  Connors, James Drake, Dan Maloney and Tucker.

Overall, I enjoyed the show and will watch the Night 2 (airing tonight) sometime during the week.

In other news, Jimmy Snuka has passed away aged 72.
Edited 15 Jan 2017, 8:35 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
15 Jan 2017, 8:35 pm #827

Just finished watching Night 1 of WWE's UK Championship Tournament which is now available on the WWE Network as well as other 'places'.

The commentary team is former ROH and TNA wrestler, Nigel McGuinness and Michael Cole; I think they worked well together.

The crowd was of the type one usually finds in places like PROGRESS and RevPro - very lively with lots of singing and chants unique to what you would generally find on WWE programming. It certainly gave the show a different feel and they made everyone look like someone special.

The in-ring action seemed a lot stiffer than what you would see on RAW with a lot of reference made to the 'British Strong Style'. Stand-out stars, in my opinion, were Trent Seven, Jordan Devlin, Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews and Tyler Bate - though that's not to take away from anyone else on the show. Pete Dunne was involved in angle at the end of the night which is available on WWE's YouTube Channel - it would appear WWE are quite high on him. The other competitors were H.C Dyer, Danny Burch, Saxton Hurley (of local note - from Hartlepool), Sam Gradwell, Roy Johnson, Wolfgang, Tyson T-Bone, Joseph  Connors, James Drake, Dan Maloney and Tucker.

Overall, I enjoyed the show and will watch the Night 2 (airing tonight) sometime during the week.

In other news, Jimmy Snuka has passed away aged 72.

MurdnunoC

17 Jan 2017, 1:30 pm #828
Back after over a decade. Yay!

MurdnunoC
17 Jan 2017, 1:30 pm #828

Back after over a decade. Yay!

Adrian

17 Jan 2017, 6:55 pm #829
(17 Jan 2017, 1:30 pm)MurdnunoC Back after over a decade. Yay!

Fantastic news. Angle was always great to watch.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Jan 2017, 6:55 pm #829

(17 Jan 2017, 1:30 pm)MurdnunoC Back after over a decade. Yay!

Fantastic news. Angle was always great to watch.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

MurdnunoC

17 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm #830
(17 Jan 2017, 6:55 pm)Adrian Fantastic news. Angle was always great to watch.

Indeed. Good to see him back 'home' - as described by Angle himself.

Hopefully he'll still have a few matches left in him. A rematch with Brock has to be on the cards at some point and I think he'll be involved in something with American Alpha too.
MurdnunoC
17 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm #830

(17 Jan 2017, 6:55 pm)Adrian Fantastic news. Angle was always great to watch.

Indeed. Good to see him back 'home' - as described by Angle himself.

Hopefully he'll still have a few matches left in him. A rematch with Brock has to be on the cards at some point and I think he'll be involved in something with American Alpha too.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm #831
(17 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm)MurdnunoC Indeed. Good to see him back 'home' - as described by Angle himself.

Yeah...

Pleased to see Angle back, definately worthy of a HOF spot...How is Angles health these days, hasn't he always had a recurring neck problem

Would love to see Angle v Brock again...

Out of interest, what happened to his brother, Eric??? I remember him in a WWE storyline where they would do the old switcheroo in matches😀

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
24 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm #831

(17 Jan 2017, 8:06 pm)MurdnunoC Indeed. Good to see him back 'home' - as described by Angle himself.

Yeah...

Pleased to see Angle back, definately worthy of a HOF spot...How is Angles health these days, hasn't he always had a recurring neck problem

Out of interest, what happened to his brother, Eric??? I remember him in a WWE storyline where they would do the old switcheroo in matches😀

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

MurdnunoC

25 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm #832
(24 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm)MrFozz Yeah...

Out of interest, what happened to his brother, Eric??? I remember him in a WWE storyline where they would do the old switcheroo in matches?

Eric Angle left the wrestling business after his sporadic WWE run where, aside from the switcheroo, he worked in developmental. Funnily enough, someone has picked him in a Royal Rumble surprise entrant thread on another forum. 

Kurt Angle has wrestled various independent dates since leaving TNA in March of last year. He wrestled on ICW's 'Fear and Loathing IX' (held at Glasgow's SSE Hydro in front of a crowd of 6,000) losing to Joe Coffey (whom you may remember from the ITV show on New Years Eve) in the main event. As long as he's not attempting a full time schedule, I think Angle will still be able to put on a good show in WWE.
MurdnunoC
25 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm #832

(24 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm)MrFozz Yeah...

Out of interest, what happened to his brother, Eric??? I remember him in a WWE storyline where they would do the old switcheroo in matches?

Eric Angle left the wrestling business after his sporadic WWE run where, aside from the switcheroo, he worked in developmental. Funnily enough, someone has picked him in a Royal Rumble surprise entrant thread on another forum. 

Kurt Angle has wrestled various independent dates since leaving TNA in March of last year. He wrestled on ICW's 'Fear and Loathing IX' (held at Glasgow's SSE Hydro in front of a crowd of 6,000) losing to Joe Coffey (whom you may remember from the ITV show on New Years Eve) in the main event. As long as he's not attempting a full time schedule, I think Angle will still be able to put on a good show in WWE.

Malarkey

05 Nov 2017, 4:35 pm #833
Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega announced for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 on 04/01/2018 for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship following twitter exchange over the past week.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/njpw-new...?key1=fbws
Edited 05 Nov 2017, 4:38 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
05 Nov 2017, 4:35 pm #833

Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega announced for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 on 04/01/2018 for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship following twitter exchange over the past week.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/njpw-new...?key1=fbws

MurdnunoC

05 Nov 2017, 9:21 pm #834
As well as Jericho going to New Japan to fight Kenny Omega, tonight also witnessed Triple H showing up at an ICW event in Cardiff...

MurdnunoC
05 Nov 2017, 9:21 pm #834

As well as Jericho going to New Japan to fight Kenny Omega, tonight also witnessed Triple H showing up at an ICW event in Cardiff...

Dan

Site Administrator

06 Nov 2017, 5:44 am #835
MurdnunoC - back from the dead?!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dan
06 Nov 2017, 5:44 am #835

MurdnunoC - back from the dead?!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Jun 2019, 3:39 pm #836
Been a while since anyone posted on this thread.

News from the other day.

British Wrestler Adrian McCallum aka Lionheart passed away at the age of 36, only a few days after clinching the ICW Championship.

Not sure of the circumstances behind the guys death, but he left a chilling message on his Twitter Account...

[Image: 035391fca4202df79aee064d7668281c.jpg]

Whatever happened though...RIP

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
21 Jun 2019, 3:39 pm #836

Been a while since anyone posted on this thread.

News from the other day.

British Wrestler Adrian McCallum aka Lionheart passed away at the age of 36, only a few days after clinching the ICW Championship.

Not sure of the circumstances behind the guys death, but he left a chilling message on his Twitter Account...

[Image: 035391fca4202df79aee064d7668281c.jpg]

Whatever happened though...RIP

Rob44

21 Jun 2019, 6:15 pm #837
WWE programming is leaving SKY and moving to BT sport from 2020
Rob44
21 Jun 2019, 6:15 pm #837

WWE programming is leaving SKY and moving to BT sport from 2020

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Jun 2019, 7:09 pm #838
(21 Jun 2019, 6:15 pm)Rob44 WWE programming is leaving SKY and moving to BT sport from 2020
Have not watched Raw or Smackdown...

Infact the last time I saw Smackdown was at a TV taping in Manchester in November 2015.

I am looking forward to watching AEW when it's weekly TV deal kicks in sometime in Autumn

MrFozz
21 Jun 2019, 7:09 pm #838

(21 Jun 2019, 6:15 pm)Rob44 WWE programming is leaving SKY and moving to BT sport from 2020
Have not watched Raw or Smackdown...

Infact the last time I saw Smackdown was at a TV taping in Manchester in November 2015.

I am looking forward to watching AEW when it's weekly TV deal kicks in sometime in Autumn

Rob44

22 Jun 2019, 8:08 am #839
Yep me too... ive start watching impact on five star again.... quite enjoying it .
Rob44
22 Jun 2019, 8:08 am #839

Yep me too... ive start watching impact on five star again.... quite enjoying it .

Malarkey

22 Jun 2019, 8:14 pm #840

(22 Jun 2019, 8:08 am)Rob44 Yep me too... ive start watching impact on five star again.... quite enjoying it .

Impact is awful and has been since Hulk Hogan debuted in 2010, prior to that when it was called TNA it was brilliant week in week out.

Saying that WWE isn't much better unless your a fan of watching NXT, then the latter is certainly worth a watch. With Raw/Smackdown now I literally watch the highlights on Youtube rather than wasting two/three hours of my life each week.

Personally think WWE has made a huge mistake leaving SKY to go to BT from January 2020, I can guarantee viewing figures will drop even further in the new year as nobody who has SKY will switch to BT unless they have the BT Sport App through there EE contract like I do, however I get the app free given I now work for EE.

Malarkey
22 Jun 2019, 8:14 pm #840

(22 Jun 2019, 8:08 am)Rob44 Yep me too... ive start watching impact on five star again.... quite enjoying it .

Impact is awful and has been since Hulk Hogan debuted in 2010, prior to that when it was called TNA it was brilliant week in week out.

Saying that WWE isn't much better unless your a fan of watching NXT, then the latter is certainly worth a watch. With Raw/Smackdown now I literally watch the highlights on Youtube rather than wasting two/three hours of my life each week.

Personally think WWE has made a huge mistake leaving SKY to go to BT from January 2020, I can guarantee viewing figures will drop even further in the new year as nobody who has SKY will switch to BT unless they have the BT Sport App through there EE contract like I do, however I get the app free given I now work for EE.

Pages (43) Previous 141 42 43 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average