North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Fleet News

Fleet News

Fleet News

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

23 Sep 2015, 9:46 pm #41
(23 Sep 2015, 9:32 pm)Michael I know you're still in eaely stages of the fleet/news merger but i noticed today, that the news has being set out like the fleet list history... i'm wondering will news show which bus has being repainted etc.. example from the news as it is now:

2 HOURS FROM NOW
This vehicle has been sold to Stagecoach South, having been previously listed for disposal at Hartlepool Depot.

Just saves me asking millions of questions haha

Yes, the design is not quite there yet on the Fleet News, so it's probably not worth looking at it yet.

A headline will be assigned to each history item, and this will display at the top. This has already been set up behind the scenes, but Liam has yet to apply the update for it to be seen publicly on the Fleet News page itself.

A filter for each operator has yet to be added, and the archive hasn't been added yet either. Liam is working on things as and when he can, but tonight's priority was to sort out the new theme based on everyone's feedback.

I'm getting there slowly but surely with re-creating the actual content. Most Go North East vehicles new 2008 onwards have complete history sections now. I need to go back at a later date to add the main photos to each fleet record and also smaller photos for history items, but that's an easy job and can be done on a quiet Sunday when I'm not doing anything else..!

You didn't ask about the 'two hours from now' but to answer the question which will no doubt be asked if I don't answer it now - I moved the vehicle to (Awaiting Disposal) rather than sold directly, and you can't have two things happening on the same date. Unlike Arriva and Go North East, we don't tend to have 'live updates' and most of our discussion on the forum usually comes after the release of the latest fleet card. This does unfortunately mean that the news will be bogged down on this date every month!
Dan
23 Sep 2015, 9:46 pm #41

(23 Sep 2015, 9:32 pm)Michael I know you're still in eaely stages of the fleet/news merger but i noticed today, that the news has being set out like the fleet list history... i'm wondering will news show which bus has being repainted etc.. example from the news as it is now:

2 HOURS FROM NOW
This vehicle has been sold to Stagecoach South, having been previously listed for disposal at Hartlepool Depot.

Just saves me asking millions of questions haha

Yes, the design is not quite there yet on the Fleet News, so it's probably not worth looking at it yet.

A headline will be assigned to each history item, and this will display at the top. This has already been set up behind the scenes, but Liam has yet to apply the update for it to be seen publicly on the Fleet News page itself.

A filter for each operator has yet to be added, and the archive hasn't been added yet either. Liam is working on things as and when he can, but tonight's priority was to sort out the new theme based on everyone's feedback.

I'm getting there slowly but surely with re-creating the actual content. Most Go North East vehicles new 2008 onwards have complete history sections now. I need to go back at a later date to add the main photos to each fleet record and also smaller photos for history items, but that's an easy job and can be done on a quiet Sunday when I'm not doing anything else..!

You didn't ask about the 'two hours from now' but to answer the question which will no doubt be asked if I don't answer it now - I moved the vehicle to (Awaiting Disposal) rather than sold directly, and you can't have two things happening on the same date. Unlike Arriva and Go North East, we don't tend to have 'live updates' and most of our discussion on the forum usually comes after the release of the latest fleet card. This does unfortunately mean that the news will be bogged down on this date every month!

Michael

23 Sep 2015, 9:59 pm #42
Oops just noticed a typo in my last post!

Its getting there, the set up is much better,it sounds fiddly as out.

Oh and i thought i had a limit of questions i was allowed to ask! Wink Angel
Edited 23 Sep 2015, 10:00 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Sep 2015, 9:59 pm #42

Oops just noticed a typo in my last post!

Its getting there, the set up is much better,it sounds fiddly as out.

Oh and i thought i had a limit of questions i was allowed to ask! Wink Angel

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

23 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm #43
Just noticed 27254 appears twice on the Stagecoach fleet list.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm #43

Just noticed 27254 appears twice on the Stagecoach fleet list.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Sep 2015, 5:30 am #44
(23 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm)Michael Just noticed 27254 appears twice on the Stagecoach fleet list.

I must have sneezed when I made that one..!

The new system is a lot better to manage from my point of view. If five buses are transferring from the same depot to the same depot, I only have to type it out the once instead of having to copy and paste that note five times.

It will take a bit of time to set up again, but this was all to be expected given how different the two systems are.

I have asked Liam to also implement a ticky box entitled 'Sold' so that we needn't delete all of the history archives produced. We will be able to hold an archive of all vehicles which have been disposed of instead, and perhaps keep this updated to reflect which operators the vehicle subsequently moves to.
Dan
24 Sep 2015, 5:30 am #44

(23 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm)Michael Just noticed 27254 appears twice on the Stagecoach fleet list.

I must have sneezed when I made that one..!

The new system is a lot better to manage from my point of view. If five buses are transferring from the same depot to the same depot, I only have to type it out the once instead of having to copy and paste that note five times.

It will take a bit of time to set up again, but this was all to be expected given how different the two systems are.

I have asked Liam to also implement a ticky box entitled 'Sold' so that we needn't delete all of the history archives produced. We will be able to hold an archive of all vehicles which have been disposed of instead, and perhaps keep this updated to reflect which operators the vehicle subsequently moves to.

S813 FVK

07 Oct 2015, 4:58 pm #45
Liking the fleet archive section. Will help when referencing old vehicles.
S813 FVK
07 Oct 2015, 4:58 pm #45

Liking the fleet archive section. Will help when referencing old vehicles.

Michael

11 Oct 2015, 2:17 pm #46
Any chance of a update in the Stagecoach area, hasn't being updated since 23rd September
Edited 11 Oct 2015, 2:17 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2015, 2:17 pm #46

Any chance of a update in the Stagecoach area, hasn't being updated since 23rd September

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Oct 2015, 2:21 pm #47
(11 Oct 2015, 2:17 pm)Michael Any chance of a update in the Stagecoach area, hasn't being updated since 23rd September

The Stagecoach Fleet News only tends to be updated in line with the Fleet Allocation cards that are released on a monthly basis, sadly, as information isn't as readily available...
Dan
11 Oct 2015, 2:21 pm #47

(11 Oct 2015, 2:17 pm)Michael Any chance of a update in the Stagecoach area, hasn't being updated since 23rd September

The Stagecoach Fleet News only tends to be updated in line with the Fleet Allocation cards that are released on a monthly basis, sadly, as information isn't as readily available...

Michael

11 Oct 2015, 2:25 pm #48
(11 Oct 2015, 2:21 pm)Dan The Stagecoach Fleet News only tends to be updated in line with the Fleet Allocation cards that are released on a monthly basis, sadly, as information isn't as readily available...

Alright, forgot Stagecoach's fleet news is only out monthly.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2015, 2:25 pm #48

(11 Oct 2015, 2:21 pm)Dan The Stagecoach Fleet News only tends to be updated in line with the Fleet Allocation cards that are released on a monthly basis, sadly, as information isn't as readily available...

Alright, forgot Stagecoach's fleet news is only out monthly.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Oct 2015, 4:07 pm #49
(11 Oct 2015, 2:25 pm)Michael Alright, forgot Stagecoach's fleet news is only out monthly.

Just for you, I've made a few amendments to the Stagecoach news and fleet lists:
  •  Stagecoach North East #22466 - 2 weeks ago - This vehicle has moved from Stockton (Reserve) to Stockton (Awaiting Disposal).
  • Stagecoach North East #22012 - 2 weeks ago - This vehicle has transferred from Stockton Depot to Slaytford.
  • Stagecoach North East #34611 - 2 weeks ago - This vehicle has been repainted into Stagecoach's corporate livery.
  • Stagecoach North East #34568 #34569 - 7 days ago - Having been previously allocated to Hartlepool Depot in its reserve fleet, this vehicle has now been sold to Stagecoach West Scotland.
I've also amended the news for each of Stockton's new ADL Enviro300s to coincide with the delivery and entry into service dates given on this post and the updates Kuyoyo has given since. I have also added photographs for each vehicle in service (where appropriate - the entry into service of one vehicle is still outstanding) and on delivery if I could find one.

Divvint say I dinnit dee owt for ya!  Tongue
Dan
11 Oct 2015, 4:07 pm #49

(11 Oct 2015, 2:25 pm)Michael Alright, forgot Stagecoach's fleet news is only out monthly.

Just for you, I've made a few amendments to the Stagecoach news and fleet lists:
  •  Stagecoach North East #22466 - 2 weeks ago - This vehicle has moved from Stockton (Reserve) to Stockton (Awaiting Disposal).
  • Stagecoach North East #22012 - 2 weeks ago - This vehicle has transferred from Stockton Depot to Slaytford.
  • Stagecoach North East #34611 - 2 weeks ago - This vehicle has been repainted into Stagecoach's corporate livery.
  • Stagecoach North East #34568 #34569 - 7 days ago - Having been previously allocated to Hartlepool Depot in its reserve fleet, this vehicle has now been sold to Stagecoach West Scotland.
I've also amended the news for each of Stockton's new ADL Enviro300s to coincide with the delivery and entry into service dates given on this post and the updates Kuyoyo has given since. I have also added photographs for each vehicle in service (where appropriate - the entry into service of one vehicle is still outstanding) and on delivery if I could find one.

Michael

11 Oct 2015, 4:09 pm #50
(11 Oct 2015, 4:07 pm)Dan Just for you, I've made a few amendments to the Stagecoach news and fleet lists:

Haha cheers =D 

Saves loads of questions though!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Oct 2015, 4:09 pm #50

(11 Oct 2015, 4:07 pm)Dan Just for you, I've made a few amendments to the Stagecoach news and fleet lists:

Haha cheers =D 

Saves loads of questions though!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

citaro5284

11 Oct 2015, 4:14 pm #51

Wish you did this much work at 117
citaro5284
11 Oct 2015, 4:14 pm #51

Wish you did this much work at 117

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Oct 2015, 4:15 pm #52
(11 Oct 2015, 4:14 pm)citaro5284 Wish you did this much work at 117

Decreasing my workload is fine if you're volunteering to take more work on, citaro5284...  Angel
Dan
11 Oct 2015, 4:15 pm #52

(11 Oct 2015, 4:14 pm)citaro5284 Wish you did this much work at 117

Decreasing my workload is fine if you're volunteering to take more work on, citaro5284...  Angel

S813 FVK

19 Feb 2016, 3:36 pm #53
Great to see the fleet news page coming together Smile
S813 FVK
19 Feb 2016, 3:36 pm #53

Great to see the fleet news page coming together Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Feb 2016, 4:29 pm #54
(19 Feb 2016, 3:36 pm)S813 FVK Great to see the fleet news page coming together Smile

Yes, slowly but surely!

I've had very little time to update the archives recently but it'll get there eventually.
Dan
19 Feb 2016, 4:29 pm #54

(19 Feb 2016, 3:36 pm)S813 FVK Great to see the fleet news page coming together Smile

Yes, slowly but surely!

I've had very little time to update the archives recently but it'll get there eventually.

DanPicken

Banned

19 Feb 2016, 4:40 pm #55
(19 Feb 2016, 4:29 pm)Dan Yes, slowly but surely!

I'll help if you if needed.
DanPicken
19 Feb 2016, 4:40 pm #55

(19 Feb 2016, 4:29 pm)Dan Yes, slowly but surely!

I'll help if you if needed.

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Feb 2016, 6:11 pm #56
(19 Feb 2016, 4:40 pm)DanPicken I'll help if you if needed.

Only I can access the administration panel of the system, so I'm afraid you won't really be able to help. Appreciate the offer, though.

It's not so much gathering the information (given that I've already done this before and still have all of the information now), it's actually inputting it. After a hard day at work, especially if you work in the industry, the last thing on your mind is going home and spending your evening inputting data into a system.
Dan
19 Feb 2016, 6:11 pm #56

(19 Feb 2016, 4:40 pm)DanPicken I'll help if you if needed.

Only I can access the administration panel of the system, so I'm afraid you won't really be able to help. Appreciate the offer, though.

It's not so much gathering the information (given that I've already done this before and still have all of the information now), it's actually inputting it. After a hard day at work, especially if you work in the industry, the last thing on your mind is going home and spending your evening inputting data into a system.

DanPicken

Banned

24 Feb 2016, 9:09 pm #57
(19 Feb 2016, 6:11 pm)Dan Only I can access the administration panel of the system, so I'm afraid you won't really be able to help. Appreciate the offer, though.

This is where an extra Mod would help.
DanPicken
24 Feb 2016, 9:09 pm #57

(19 Feb 2016, 6:11 pm)Dan Only I can access the administration panel of the system, so I'm afraid you won't really be able to help. Appreciate the offer, though.

This is where an extra Mod would help.

Adrian

24 Feb 2016, 9:15 pm #58
(24 Feb 2016, 9:09 pm)DanPicken This is where an extra Mod would help.

The two aren't linked Dan. They work independent of each other.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
24 Feb 2016, 9:15 pm #58

(24 Feb 2016, 9:09 pm)DanPicken This is where an extra Mod would help.

The two aren't linked Dan. They work independent of each other.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

DanPicken

Banned

24 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm #59
(24 Feb 2016, 9:15 pm)Adrian The two aren't linked Dan. They work independent of each other.

You've confused me. (Which isn't hard.)
DanPicken
24 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm #59

(24 Feb 2016, 9:15 pm)Adrian The two aren't linked Dan. They work independent of each other.

You've confused me. (Which isn't hard.)

Davie

Banned

24 Feb 2016, 9:18 pm #60
(24 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm)DanPicken You've confused me. (Which isn't hard.)
I think what Adrian is trying to say is each moderator has their own job to do. Please correct me if I'm incorrect.
Davie
24 Feb 2016, 9:18 pm #60

(24 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm)DanPicken You've confused me. (Which isn't hard.)
I think what Adrian is trying to say is each moderator has their own job to do. Please correct me if I'm incorrect.

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average