Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators Yorkshire Bus Operations

Yorkshire Bus Operations

Yorkshire Bus Operations

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (45) Previous 143 44 45 Next
Jimmi

22 Sep 2022, 9:50 pm #861
(22 Sep 2022, 8:01 pm)Storx Believe it's just hourly the Blackpool to York train, there is other services but they're quite expensive the TPE / XC trains as it's more about long distance travel so they try to price local traffic off.

Probably people who haven't used them, believe it used to be Class 158 trains before hand which even then aren't too bad tbh.
Historically the trains and reliability haven't been the greatest and many people still think Pacers are trundling on lines across the North of England.

Off peak, Northern has two near direct trains an hour between York and Leeds (plus two taking a longer route via Harrogate) and the off peak single fare at least is just £3 (even on the Harrogate services).

CityZap's main form of marketing was using how bad the train services in the area are by targeting "fed-up commuters" and other rail passengers, just looking around on Google and a lot of the marketing is geared towards making out the trains to be overcrowded and more expensive, they use seemingly the largest price of a day return ticket to drive the argument that they're expensive and using ZAP saves money and the recent strikes has seen them post on their socials suggesting to use them instead even when it's just been CrossCountry striking only losing one service an hour. On the short lived Leeds to Manchester CITYZAP they tried getting that market by occasionally offering Rail users to try the service including a week of allowing season ticket holders to use it in 2017. Hornby has made multiple comments about the Northern services to/from Harrogate as well and proceeds to big up the 36 as being the best thing since sliced bread.
Jimmi
22 Sep 2022, 9:50 pm #861

(22 Sep 2022, 8:01 pm)Storx Believe it's just hourly the Blackpool to York train, there is other services but they're quite expensive the TPE / XC trains as it's more about long distance travel so they try to price local traffic off.

Probably people who haven't used them, believe it used to be Class 158 trains before hand which even then aren't too bad tbh.
Historically the trains and reliability haven't been the greatest and many people still think Pacers are trundling on lines across the North of England.

Off peak, Northern has two near direct trains an hour between York and Leeds (plus two taking a longer route via Harrogate) and the off peak single fare at least is just £3 (even on the Harrogate services).

CityZap's main form of marketing was using how bad the train services in the area are by targeting "fed-up commuters" and other rail passengers, just looking around on Google and a lot of the marketing is geared towards making out the trains to be overcrowded and more expensive, they use seemingly the largest price of a day return ticket to drive the argument that they're expensive and using ZAP saves money and the recent strikes has seen them post on their socials suggesting to use them instead even when it's just been CrossCountry striking only losing one service an hour. On the short lived Leeds to Manchester CITYZAP they tried getting that market by occasionally offering Rail users to try the service including a week of allowing season ticket holders to use it in 2017. Hornby has made multiple comments about the Northern services to/from Harrogate as well and proceeds to big up the 36 as being the best thing since sliced bread.

Storx

23 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm #862
(22 Sep 2022, 9:50 pm)Jimmi Historically the trains and reliability haven't been the greatest and many people still think Pacers are trundling on lines across the North of England.

So there is, always thought it was only 1 train per hour.

Let's be honest though people aren't stupid and can see through all that. All a massive failure of deregulation as there's absolutely no argument for the bus service existing at all for any reason at all really.

It's not as if buses can shout from the rooftops about their reliability with all the cancellations they have which I believe Transdev were seriously impacted by aswell down there.
Storx
23 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm #862

(22 Sep 2022, 9:50 pm)Jimmi Historically the trains and reliability haven't been the greatest and many people still think Pacers are trundling on lines across the North of England.

So there is, always thought it was only 1 train per hour.

Let's be honest though people aren't stupid and can see through all that. All a massive failure of deregulation as there's absolutely no argument for the bus service existing at all for any reason at all really.

It's not as if buses can shout from the rooftops about their reliability with all the cancellations they have which I believe Transdev were seriously impacted by aswell down there.

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 8:44 pm #863
(23 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm)Storx So there is, always thought it was only 1 train per hour.

Have they? I haven't seen anything about them, but does TransDev even made a profit. 

Wonder how Team Pennine are doing the most advertising I see for TransDev is when they have free/£1 ride on the harrogate electric buses.
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 8:44 pm #863

(23 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm)Storx So there is, always thought it was only 1 train per hour.

Have they? I haven't seen anything about them, but does TransDev even made a profit. 

Wonder how Team Pennine are doing the most advertising I see for TransDev is when they have free/£1 ride on the harrogate electric buses.

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 9:09 pm #864
transdev for the X99/X98 in Sky Class are offering £3K joining bonus for drivers with a PVR license.
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 9:09 pm #864

transdev for the X99/X98 in Sky Class are offering £3K joining bonus for drivers with a PVR license.

Jimmi

23 Sep 2022, 9:25 pm #865

I went off using the service after intending to catch it from Leeds to York one Sunday when they only operated half a service all day and had to sprint across Leeds to catch a train to meet a connection at York to continue to Darlington.

I've heard accounts that the York routes are (or at least have been) pretty bad for cancellations from driver shortages and its been an issue even before the global shortage and it was the more rural routes that seemed to get shafted, things quickly went to hell after they took on former Stephensons of Easingwold routes and drivers quickly jump ship and was always the 31X was always the casualty at the time with the section between Easingwold and Helmsley only operating every 2 hours so was frequently left with a 4 hour gap in service whilst ZAP would carry on without issue, I also suspected that during a time when a lot of ZAP B7TLs were off they nicked the B10BLE's off the 31X and instead allocated them to ZAP.
Jimmi
23 Sep 2022, 9:25 pm #865

I went off using the service after intending to catch it from Leeds to York one Sunday when they only operated half a service all day and had to sprint across Leeds to catch a train to meet a connection at York to continue to Darlington.

I've heard accounts that the York routes are (or at least have been) pretty bad for cancellations from driver shortages and its been an issue even before the global shortage and it was the more rural routes that seemed to get shafted, things quickly went to hell after they took on former Stephensons of Easingwold routes and drivers quickly jump ship and was always the 31X was always the casualty at the time with the section between Easingwold and Helmsley only operating every 2 hours so was frequently left with a 4 hour gap in service whilst ZAP would carry on without issue, I also suspected that during a time when a lot of ZAP B7TLs were off they nicked the B10BLE's off the 31X and instead allocated them to ZAP.

Storx

23 Sep 2022, 9:43 pm #866
(23 Sep 2022, 8:44 pm)Unber43 Have they? I haven't seen anything about them, but does TransDev even made a profit. 

Can't comment on profits but there's been quite a few 'temporary' timetable cuts. The 36 the flagship route for example used to be every 10 minutes and it's down to every 15 minutes now.

They've got their lists though aswell - https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/harrogate/service-updates. The 36 has been down to every 30 minutes today - copied below

Friday 23rd September

#The1
Harrogate to Pastures 1.21pm
Pastures to Harrogate 1.50pm

The1B
Harrogate to Eastfield 2.31pm
Eastfield to Harrogate 2.57pm

The 1C
Harrogate to Carmires 3.51pm
Carmires to Harrogate 4.16pm

The 1D
Harrogate to Pastures 9.21am
Pastures to Harrogate 9.50am

#The 7
Harrogate to Leeds 2.10pm,4.15pm
Leeds to Harrogate 4pm, 6.20pm

#The36
Harrogate to Leeds 7.35am, 9am, 9.25am, 9.55am, 10.55am,12.55pm, 1.25pm, 2.25pm, 2.55pm, 3.25pm
Leeds to Harrogate 7.40am, 8.55am, 9.55am, 10.25am,10.55am, 11.55am, 1.55pm, 2.25pm, 3.25pm
Starbeck to Leeds 6.23am
Leeds to Starbeck 4pm, 4.30pm

(23 Sep 2022, 9:25 pm)Jimmi I went off using the service after intending to catch it from Leeds to York one Sunday when they only operated half a service all day and had to sprint across Leeds to catch a train to meet a connection at York to continue to Darlington.

Thanks for confirming, I've read stuff about issues not sure where it was but came across as almost begging for sorry. It's all disappeared now, any reference of it just doesn't exist. The fact they're begging people to run a route in a few weeks time with a £3k bonus and the absolute revolting slavering towards CT Plus begging their driver's to join doesn't shout confidence though especially when there's major cancellations on the 36 (above) already.

https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/teampennin...s-operator - CT Plus mentioned above.
Edited 23 Sep 2022, 9:48 pm by Storx.
Storx
23 Sep 2022, 9:43 pm #866

(23 Sep 2022, 8:44 pm)Unber43 Have they? I haven't seen anything about them, but does TransDev even made a profit. 

Can't comment on profits but there's been quite a few 'temporary' timetable cuts. The 36 the flagship route for example used to be every 10 minutes and it's down to every 15 minutes now.

They've got their lists though aswell - https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/harrogate/service-updates. The 36 has been down to every 30 minutes today - copied below

Friday 23rd September

#The1
Harrogate to Pastures 1.21pm
Pastures to Harrogate 1.50pm

The1B
Harrogate to Eastfield 2.31pm
Eastfield to Harrogate 2.57pm

The 1C
Harrogate to Carmires 3.51pm
Carmires to Harrogate 4.16pm

The 1D
Harrogate to Pastures 9.21am
Pastures to Harrogate 9.50am

#The 7
Harrogate to Leeds 2.10pm,4.15pm
Leeds to Harrogate 4pm, 6.20pm

#The36
Harrogate to Leeds 7.35am, 9am, 9.25am, 9.55am, 10.55am,12.55pm, 1.25pm, 2.25pm, 2.55pm, 3.25pm
Leeds to Harrogate 7.40am, 8.55am, 9.55am, 10.25am,10.55am, 11.55am, 1.55pm, 2.25pm, 3.25pm
Starbeck to Leeds 6.23am
Leeds to Starbeck 4pm, 4.30pm

(23 Sep 2022, 9:25 pm)Jimmi I went off using the service after intending to catch it from Leeds to York one Sunday when they only operated half a service all day and had to sprint across Leeds to catch a train to meet a connection at York to continue to Darlington.

Thanks for confirming, I've read stuff about issues not sure where it was but came across as almost begging for sorry. It's all disappeared now, any reference of it just doesn't exist. The fact they're begging people to run a route in a few weeks time with a £3k bonus and the absolute revolting slavering towards CT Plus begging their driver's to join doesn't shout confidence though especially when there's major cancellations on the 36 (above) already.

https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/teampennin...s-operator - CT Plus mentioned above.

24 Sep 2022, 9:14 am #867
I think there was also a short lived Cityzap service between Leeds and Manchester that was binned after only a few months of operation.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
24 Sep 2022, 9:14 am #867

I think there was also a short lived Cityzap service between Leeds and Manchester that was binned after only a few months of operation.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]

citaro5284

24 Sep 2022, 11:20 am #868
(24 Sep 2022, 9:14 am)wibblejunior I think there was also a short lived Cityzap service between Leeds and Manchester that was binned after only a few months of operation.

Yes there was.  I think the buses that were on that are now on Red Express X41 (Manchester to Accrington via Ramsbottom)
citaro5284
24 Sep 2022, 11:20 am #868

(24 Sep 2022, 9:14 am)wibblejunior I think there was also a short lived Cityzap service between Leeds and Manchester that was binned after only a few months of operation.

Yes there was.  I think the buses that were on that are now on Red Express X41 (Manchester to Accrington via Ramsbottom)

Kuyoyo

09 Oct 2022, 11:04 am #869
First

York

Ahead of the arrival of the electric fleet for the city network in early 2024, what will effectively be the last new diesel vehicles are due - in the form of 12 Wright Streetdecks for the University contract (although not all 12 will be branded) to replace the Volvo B9TLs until the end of the current contract. These are numbered 35925-36.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/70333100@N...datetaken/ (Photo @ James' Bus Photos)

West Yorkshire

New for Leeds are Streetdecks 35901-9 (ML22 XKU-Z, XLA-C), diverted from their originally intended home of the East Scotland fleet following the sale to McGills. These are the only Highbridge Streetdecks being delivered to First this year. Unlike the last batches of Streetdecks for Leeds, these feature the First-standard pink grabpoles and rails rather than the Green used on the other Leeds examples (bar the 2016 and 2017 batches - the 2016 batch being the standard First spec with Civic 3s). While registered on 22 plates, none have yet entered service - however 35907 (ML22 XLA) made an appearance at the Bus Driver of the Year finals in Blackpool last weekend. (Photo @ Alistair)

New for Huddersfield is a batch of Streetlites - the first full-size singles for Huddersfield since the last B7RLEs were delivered in 2013 and the first new vehicles since the delivery of the shorter Streetlites in 2014. (Photo @ James' Bus Photos)

Purchased from Ensign for Halifax are 5 Volvo B9TLs form Yellow Buses - these will become 36311-5 (BL14 LTA/E/F/J/K) and are part of a large batch of B9TLs being purchased by First from Ensign to remove the remaining B7TLs from fleets across the country.

South Yorkshire

Refurbishment work is on-going on the former 'Steel Link' branded Wright Streetdecks remaining here, for use on 'Sheffield's 20' (Ecclesfield to Hemsworth via City Centre) - so far treated are 35126/7/8/35/8 with 35129 presently away.
.jpg
FSY-35127.JPG
Size 617.54 KB / Downloads 13

Work is also now started on Sheffield's Wright Streetlites - with 63001-3 so far treated.
.jpg
FSY-63001.JPG
Size 655.28 KB / Downloads 13
Kuyoyo
09 Oct 2022, 11:04 am #869

First

York

Ahead of the arrival of the electric fleet for the city network in early 2024, what will effectively be the last new diesel vehicles are due - in the form of 12 Wright Streetdecks for the University contract (although not all 12 will be branded) to replace the Volvo B9TLs until the end of the current contract. These are numbered 35925-36.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/70333100@N...datetaken/ (Photo @ James' Bus Photos)

West Yorkshire

New for Leeds are Streetdecks 35901-9 (ML22 XKU-Z, XLA-C), diverted from their originally intended home of the East Scotland fleet following the sale to McGills. These are the only Highbridge Streetdecks being delivered to First this year. Unlike the last batches of Streetdecks for Leeds, these feature the First-standard pink grabpoles and rails rather than the Green used on the other Leeds examples (bar the 2016 and 2017 batches - the 2016 batch being the standard First spec with Civic 3s). While registered on 22 plates, none have yet entered service - however 35907 (ML22 XLA) made an appearance at the Bus Driver of the Year finals in Blackpool last weekend. (Photo @ Alistair)

New for Huddersfield is a batch of Streetlites - the first full-size singles for Huddersfield since the last B7RLEs were delivered in 2013 and the first new vehicles since the delivery of the shorter Streetlites in 2014. (Photo @ James' Bus Photos)

Purchased from Ensign for Halifax are 5 Volvo B9TLs form Yellow Buses - these will become 36311-5 (BL14 LTA/E/F/J/K) and are part of a large batch of B9TLs being purchased by First from Ensign to remove the remaining B7TLs from fleets across the country.

South Yorkshire

Refurbishment work is on-going on the former 'Steel Link' branded Wright Streetdecks remaining here, for use on 'Sheffield's 20' (Ecclesfield to Hemsworth via City Centre) - so far treated are 35126/7/8/35/8 with 35129 presently away.

.jpg
FSY-35127.JPG
Size 617.54 KB / Downloads 13

Work is also now started on Sheffield's Wright Streetlites - with 63001-3 so far treated.
.jpg
FSY-63001.JPG
Size 655.28 KB / Downloads 13

Kuyoyo

08 Dec 2022, 3:49 pm #870
First

York

It would appear the Wrightbus Electric fleet are due during 2023 - as publication of the 2023 First Bus Handbook by British Bus Publishing has confirmed the fleet numbers as:
Wright Electroliner BEV 36501-36520
Wright GB Kite EV 63644-63667

Livery details are presently unknown - likely to be in the new 'York' Black/Red Olympia 2 livery as used on new Streetdecks 35935-8 (Compared to last update - York's Streetdecks are 35927-38 and not as previously mentioned).

Leeds

The new batch of 'Leeds City Electrics' are also now fleetnumber confirmed as Wright GB Kite 63569-63600 - these are reportedly destined for Bramley depot for a number of their mainly single decker operated services.
Kuyoyo
08 Dec 2022, 3:49 pm #870

First

York

It would appear the Wrightbus Electric fleet are due during 2023 - as publication of the 2023 First Bus Handbook by British Bus Publishing has confirmed the fleet numbers as:

Livery details are presently unknown - likely to be in the new 'York' Black/Red Olympia 2 livery as used on new Streetdecks 35935-8 (Compared to last update - York's Streetdecks are 35927-38 and not as previously mentioned).

Leeds

The new batch of 'Leeds City Electrics' are also now fleetnumber confirmed as Wright GB Kite 63569-63600 - these are reportedly destined for Bramley depot for a number of their mainly single decker operated services.

Kuyoyo

02 Mar 2023, 9:48 am #871
(08 Dec 2022, 3:49 pm)Kuyoyo First

York

Leeds

Additional to this
An additional 9 Wright Electroliner BEVs have been ordered for York's University services for delivery by March 2024 - at which point, York will become one of the first depots outside of London to become an 100% Electric operation (alongside Norwich, who are also due 55 Electroliners by the same month).
Leeds Bramley will also gain additional electrics at the same time - 25 Electroliners, likely to see off the last of the depot's B9TLs.
Full details here
Kuyoyo
02 Mar 2023, 9:48 am #871

(08 Dec 2022, 3:49 pm)Kuyoyo First

York

Leeds

Additional to this
An additional 9 Wright Electroliner BEVs have been ordered for York's University services for delivery by March 2024 - at which point, York will become one of the first depots outside of London to become an 100% Electric operation (alongside Norwich, who are also due 55 Electroliners by the same month).
Leeds Bramley will also gain additional electrics at the same time - 25 Electroliners, likely to see off the last of the depot's B9TLs.
Full details here

Andreos1

14 Jun 2023, 9:04 am #872
https://letstalkny.commonplace.is/en-GB/...port/step1

Events scheduled across North Yorkshire as part of the 'Let's talk transport' project.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Jun 2023, 9:04 am #872

https://letstalkny.commonplace.is/en-GB/...port/step1

Events scheduled across North Yorkshire as part of the 'Let's talk transport' project.

11 Dec 2023, 9:21 am #873
(02 Mar 2023, 9:48 am)Kuyoyo Additional to this
Full details here

Currently All electroliners except 36527 &36528 are now in service £6529 is in university livery. 9 single decks are in service 63646 - 63656 except 63649 & 63655.
ian foster
11 Dec 2023, 9:21 am #873

(02 Mar 2023, 9:48 am)Kuyoyo Additional to this
Full details here

Currently All electroliners except 36527 &36528 are now in service £6529 is in university livery. 9 single decks are in service 63646 - 63656 except 63649 & 63655.

citaro5284

31 Dec 2023, 2:04 pm #874
Hull Bus Alliance secures Government approval for ‘enhanced partnership’ to deliver better services

https://news.hull.gov.uk/18/12/2023/hull...-services/
citaro5284
31 Dec 2023, 2:04 pm #874

Hull Bus Alliance secures Government approval for ‘enhanced partnership’ to deliver better services

https://news.hull.gov.uk/18/12/2023/hull...-services/

Unber43

02 Jan 2024, 8:42 pm #875
Go North East 6064 has apparently been transferred to East Yorkshire.

just why?
Unber43
02 Jan 2024, 8:42 pm #875

Go North East 6064 has apparently been transferred to East Yorkshire.

just why?

citaro5284

02 Jan 2024, 8:52 pm #876
(02 Jan 2024, 8:42 pm)Unber43 Go North East 6064 has apparently been transferred to East Yorkshire.

just why?

Why not?

It has a diesel engine in, it was put in by them and they might need an extra vehicle
citaro5284
02 Jan 2024, 8:52 pm #876

(02 Jan 2024, 8:42 pm)Unber43 Go North East 6064 has apparently been transferred to East Yorkshire.

just why?

Why not?

It has a diesel engine in, it was put in by them and they might need an extra vehicle

Unber43

02 Jan 2024, 8:54 pm #877
(02 Jan 2024, 8:52 pm)citaro5284 Why not?

Yeah a diesel engine, but its also a bus which is on the road for a couple months (if you're lucky) then is off the road for 4 months
Unber43
02 Jan 2024, 8:54 pm #877

(02 Jan 2024, 8:52 pm)citaro5284 Why not?

Yeah a diesel engine, but its also a bus which is on the road for a couple months (if you're lucky) then is off the road for 4 months

citaro5284

02 Jan 2024, 10:46 pm #878
(02 Jan 2024, 8:54 pm)Unber43 Yeah a diesel engine, but its also a bus which is on the road for a couple months (if you're lucky) then is off the road for 4 months

They know the history of it, and if they want to take it, then thats their choice
citaro5284
02 Jan 2024, 10:46 pm #878

(02 Jan 2024, 8:54 pm)Unber43 Yeah a diesel engine, but its also a bus which is on the road for a couple months (if you're lucky) then is off the road for 4 months

They know the history of it, and if they want to take it, then thats their choice

Andreos1

26 Jan 2024, 9:08 pm #879
Hearing stories that First have purchased York Pullman. 

Disappointing to see another independent go, if it's true.

Andreos1
26 Jan 2024, 9:08 pm #879

Hearing stories that First have purchased York Pullman. 

Storx

26 Jan 2024, 9:30 pm #880
(26 Jan 2024, 9:08 pm)Andreos1 Hearing stories that First have purchased York Pullman. 

Seems it has, it's in Route One - https://www.route-one.net/news/york-pull...irstgroup/

Wonder how many times a company has bought the same company over twice, it's not something that happens everyday. Probably a lesson why you don't sell a name to someone which has value.
Storx
26 Jan 2024, 9:30 pm #880

(26 Jan 2024, 9:08 pm)Andreos1 Hearing stories that First have purchased York Pullman. 

Seems it has, it's in Route One - https://www.route-one.net/news/york-pull...irstgroup/

Wonder how many times a company has bought the same company over twice, it's not something that happens everyday. Probably a lesson why you don't sell a name to someone which has value.

Pages (45) Previous 143 44 45 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average