Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Quiz

Quiz

Quiz

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

31 Aug 2013, 4:58 pm #1
Hope it is ok to post this here, if the Competition Sub Forum is the right place then please move it there...

I am bored at the moment and thought I would post a quiz for members, mostly football, and sprinklings of History, Geography and Cryptic Clues and Anagrams, I trust you guys not to Google the answers, anyone interested, dont reply to this thread, PM me your entry...

The prize for 1st first place is.....(b]ABSOLUTELY NOWT[/b], as I will tally scores for everyone and the overall leader will see there name at the top of a leaderboard, I aslo want to create a score prediction thread.

Heres my first quiz, I will be doing 2 per week, Wednesdays and Sundays each with 10 questions, I am going to start with 10 now

1. How many managers have won tbe Premier League?
2. Dave Beasant made history in 1988, what did he do?
3. Sunderland did in 1979, Villa in 1981, who did it in 1980?
4. Here is Five Football related Anagrams, 1 point for each
4a. Nauseate Brain Dog
4b. Jovial of on Greenshanks
4c. Ribbon Bassy Rob
4d. Cordial or on saint
4e. Is off-centere, unmatched
5. How many times has a British Football team won the Olympics?
6. What was the first game to ever be dubbed 'The Championship of the World'
7. What is the oldest game in english football(any level)
8. Name a team that was part of the foundation of the Premier League, but have never played in it?
9. Where Wimbledon used to play?
10. How many times has a football team from South Shields merged into a Gateshead team?

As I said, if you fancy a crack
MrFozz
31 Aug 2013, 4:58 pm #1

Hope it is ok to post this here, if the Competition Sub Forum is the right place then please move it there...

I am bored at the moment and thought I would post a quiz for members, mostly football, and sprinklings of History, Geography and Cryptic Clues and Anagrams, I trust you guys not to Google the answers, anyone interested, dont reply to this thread, PM me your entry...

The prize for 1st first place is.....(b]ABSOLUTELY NOWT[/b], as I will tally scores for everyone and the overall leader will see there name at the top of a leaderboard, I aslo want to create a score prediction thread.

Heres my first quiz, I will be doing 2 per week, Wednesdays and Sundays each with 10 questions, I am going to start with 10 now

1. How many managers have won tbe Premier League?
2. Dave Beasant made history in 1988, what did he do?
3. Sunderland did in 1979, Villa in 1981, who did it in 1980?
4. Here is Five Football related Anagrams, 1 point for each
4a. Nauseate Brain Dog
4c. Ribbon Bassy Rob
4d. Cordial or on saint
5. How many times has a British Football team won the Olympics?
6. What was the first game to ever be dubbed 'The Championship of the World'
7. What is the oldest game in english football(any level)
8. Name a team that was part of the foundation of the Premier League, but have never played in it?
9. Where Wimbledon used to play?
10. How many times has a football team from South Shields merged into a Gateshead team?

Andreos1

31 Aug 2013, 5:18 pm #2
(31 Aug 2013, 4:58 pm)fozzovmurton Hope it is ok to post this here, if the Competition Sub Forum is the right place then please move it there...

1. How many managers have won tbe Premier League? 6
2. Dave Beasant made history in 1988, what did he do? First to save a penalty in FA Cup final
3. Sunderland did in 1979, Villa in 1981, who did it in 1980? pass
4. Here is Five Football related Anagrams, 1 point for each pass
4a. Nauseate Brain Dog
4c. Ribbon Bassy Rob
4d. Cordial or on saint
5. How many times has a British Football team won the Olympics? Once
6. What was the first game to ever be dubbed 'The Championship of the World' West Auckland - Juventus
7. What is the oldest game in english football(any level) Pass
8. Name a team that was part of the foundation of the Premier League, but have never played in it? Millwall
9. Where Wimbledon used to play? Plough Lane and Selhurst Park
Twice

Couple of guesses. No idea with anagrams and forgot the 1980 answer
Andreos1
31 Aug 2013, 5:18 pm #2

(31 Aug 2013, 4:58 pm)fozzovmurton Hope it is ok to post this here, if the Competition Sub Forum is the right place then please move it there...

1. How many managers have won tbe Premier League? 6
2. Dave Beasant made history in 1988, what did he do? First to save a penalty in FA Cup final
3. Sunderland did in 1979, Villa in 1981, who did it in 1980? pass
4. Here is Five Football related Anagrams, 1 point for each pass
4a. Nauseate Brain Dog
4c. Ribbon Bassy Rob
4d. Cordial or on saint
5. How many times has a British Football team won the Olympics? Once
6. What was the first game to ever be dubbed 'The Championship of the World' West Auckland - Juventus
7. What is the oldest game in english football(any level) Pass
8. Name a team that was part of the foundation of the Premier League, but have never played in it? Millwall
9. Where Wimbledon used to play? Plough Lane and Selhurst Park
Twice

Couple of guesses. No idea with anagrams and forgot the 1980 answer

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average