Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Lumo

Lumo

Lumo

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
DeltaMan

28 Feb 2024, 1:29 pm #21
(28 Feb 2024, 12:45 pm)deanmachine Would be nice for a quick service to Glasgow and not going down to Motherwell, I've only made that mistake once on a CrossCountry service.

I wonder how quickly a IET could go from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh via Shotts with a call at Livingston South?
DeltaMan
28 Feb 2024, 1:29 pm #21

(28 Feb 2024, 12:45 pm)deanmachine Would be nice for a quick service to Glasgow and not going down to Motherwell, I've only made that mistake once on a CrossCountry service.

I wonder how quickly a IET could go from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh via Shotts with a call at Livingston South?

28 Feb 2024, 3:24 pm #22
(28 Feb 2024, 1:29 pm)DeltaMan I wonder how quickly a IET could go from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh via Shotts with a call at Livingston South?

Anything would be quicker than going by Carstairs.
deanmachine
28 Feb 2024, 3:24 pm #22

(28 Feb 2024, 1:29 pm)DeltaMan I wonder how quickly a IET could go from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh via Shotts with a call at Livingston South?

Anything would be quicker than going by Carstairs.

Andreos1

28 Feb 2024, 5:18 pm #23

I prefer going that way to changing to be honest. 
Whether it's changing on to the one to Queen Street via Falkirk or the route via Shotts (never done Bathgate), I definitely like the Carstairs route.

Probably plenty space on the Carstairs route these days

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
28 Feb 2024, 5:18 pm #23

I prefer going that way to changing to be honest. 
Whether it's changing on to the one to Queen Street via Falkirk or the route via Shotts (never done Bathgate), I definitely like the Carstairs route.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

29 Feb 2024, 4:05 am #24
(28 Feb 2024, 5:18 pm)Andreos1 I prefer going that way to changing to be honest. 

I like not changing but I'm not sure if it was just that particular journey I took was very dawdling, or seemed it at least. I was suppose to change but seen the train was going to Glasgow Central and decided to stay on, and I think I was quite late meeting my friends.
deanmachine
29 Feb 2024, 4:05 am #24

(28 Feb 2024, 5:18 pm)Andreos1 I prefer going that way to changing to be honest. 

I like not changing but I'm not sure if it was just that particular journey I took was very dawdling, or seemed it at least. I was suppose to change but seen the train was going to Glasgow Central and decided to stay on, and I think I was quite late meeting my friends.

Storx

29 Feb 2024, 6:22 pm #25
(29 Feb 2024, 4:05 am)deanmachine I like not changing but I'm not sure if it was just that particular journey I took was very dawdling, or seemed it at least. I was suppose to change but seen the train was going to Glasgow Central and decided to stay on, and I think I was quite late meeting my friends.

15-20 minutes longer via Carstairs than the direct route via Falkirk.

Depends where you want to be in Glasgow though, Glasgow Central is in a much better place than Queen Street imo so the time savings will be lost for most people.

Trains are just horribly slow whatever route though between the two for the distance.
Edited 29 Feb 2024, 6:22 pm by Storx.
Storx
29 Feb 2024, 6:22 pm #25

(29 Feb 2024, 4:05 am)deanmachine I like not changing but I'm not sure if it was just that particular journey I took was very dawdling, or seemed it at least. I was suppose to change but seen the train was going to Glasgow Central and decided to stay on, and I think I was quite late meeting my friends.

15-20 minutes longer via Carstairs than the direct route via Falkirk.

Depends where you want to be in Glasgow though, Glasgow Central is in a much better place than Queen Street imo so the time savings will be lost for most people.

Trains are just horribly slow whatever route though between the two for the distance.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average