Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Easington School Buses

Easington School Buses

Easington School Buses

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm #1
Does anyone if Snowdons still have the contract to run the Easington School bus services, just today I am almost certain I seen Pygalls flying banana in Murton, the same vehicle on the 230 this morning
MrFozz
05 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm #1

Does anyone if Snowdons still have the contract to run the Easington School bus services, just today I am almost certain I seen Pygalls flying banana in Murton, the same vehicle on the 230 this morning

2bagstew

05 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm #2
Snowdons lost all there school contracts. Pygall won nearly all the East Durham School contracts, Roberts Of Wingate shut up shop because they lost the school contracts, however Pygalls have since handed several contract back too DCC. Roberts have since been awarded a school contract. I'm not sure where Snowdons are now.
2bagstew
05 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm #2

Snowdons lost all there school contracts. Pygall won nearly all the East Durham School contracts, Roberts Of Wingate shut up shop because they lost the school contracts, however Pygalls have since handed several contract back too DCC. Roberts have since been awarded a school contract. I'm not sure where Snowdons are now.

tyresmoke

06 Sep 2013, 5:12 am #3
(05 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm)2bagstew Snowdons lost all there school contracts. Pygall won nearly all the East Durham School contracts, Roberts Of Wingate shut up shop because they lost the school contracts, however Pygalls have since handed several contract back too DCC. Roberts have since been awarded a school contract. I'm not sure where Snowdons are now.

Interesting... Never knew they were up for tender! Snowdons do part of East Durham College runs (with Lee's having the other half).

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
06 Sep 2013, 5:12 am #3

(05 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm)2bagstew Snowdons lost all there school contracts. Pygall won nearly all the East Durham School contracts, Roberts Of Wingate shut up shop because they lost the school contracts, however Pygalls have since handed several contract back too DCC. Roberts have since been awarded a school contract. I'm not sure where Snowdons are now.

Interesting... Never knew they were up for tender! Snowdons do part of East Durham College runs (with Lee's having the other half).

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

07 Sep 2013, 7:22 pm #4

Can companies do that, just hand contract back, does it even come at a cost to forfeit the contract.

I think one of the 230's terminates at Horden on an afternoon, I guess this service interworks with its Easington School obligations.

As for Snowdons, they had 7 Murton-Easington runs for years, before I moved to there in 1995, still doing it when I left in 1998 and tbink they still had it till as recently as last school year
MrFozz
07 Sep 2013, 7:22 pm #4

Can companies do that, just hand contract back, does it even come at a cost to forfeit the contract.

I think one of the 230's terminates at Horden on an afternoon, I guess this service interworks with its Easington School obligations.

As for Snowdons, they had 7 Murton-Easington runs for years, before I moved to there in 1995, still doing it when I left in 1998 and tbink they still had it till as recently as last school year

tyresmoke

07 Sep 2013, 8:11 pm #5
(07 Sep 2013, 7:22 pm)fozzovmurton Can companies do that, just hand contract back, does it even come at a cost to forfeit the contract.

Companies do that all the time. Sometimes they will bid for a load of contracts then take on the most remunerative contracts and dump the rest, up to what they reckon they can handle. Sometimes you'll see companies operate contracts for a few weeks then when they realise they've bidded too low, they'll dump them!

tyresmoke
07 Sep 2013, 8:11 pm #5

(07 Sep 2013, 7:22 pm)fozzovmurton Can companies do that, just hand contract back, does it even come at a cost to forfeit the contract.

Companies do that all the time. Sometimes they will bid for a load of contracts then take on the most remunerative contracts and dump the rest, up to what they reckon they can handle. Sometimes you'll see companies operate contracts for a few weeks then when they realise they've bidded too low, they'll dump them!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Sep 2013, 7:31 am #6
So basically some contracts are not worth the paper there written on, how do companies dump them, are they allowed to sublet or subcontract them out or whatever it is called or do they hand them back to the council to be put back out to tender
MrFozz
08 Sep 2013, 7:31 am #6

So basically some contracts are not worth the paper there written on, how do companies dump them, are they allowed to sublet or subcontract them out or whatever it is called or do they hand them back to the council to be put back out to tender

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm #7

Just googled them and it looks like they are still around, they seem to be solely private hire

http://www.snowdoncoaches.co.uk/home

Marxista Fozz
Edited 21 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
21 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm #7

Just googled them and it looks like they are still around, they seem to be solely private hire

Marxista Fozz

tyresmoke

22 Sep 2013, 7:48 am #8
(21 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm)fozzovmurton Just googled them and it looks like they are still around, they seem to be solely private hire

Marxista Fozz

Snowdons operate a number of routes for East Durham College alongside Lee's of Durham. They also do emergency cover for Megabus

tyresmoke
22 Sep 2013, 7:48 am #8

(21 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm)fozzovmurton Just googled them and it looks like they are still around, they seem to be solely private hire

Marxista Fozz

Snowdons operate a number of routes for East Durham College alongside Lee's of Durham. They also do emergency cover for Megabus

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

22 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm #9
(22 Sep 2013, 7:48 am)tyresmoke Snowdons operate a number of routes for East Durham College alongside Lee's of Durham. They also do emergency cover for Megabus

Oh right, cool do they have Nat X contracts as well???

Marxista Fozz
MrFozz
22 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm #9

(22 Sep 2013, 7:48 am)tyresmoke Snowdons operate a number of routes for East Durham College alongside Lee's of Durham. They also do emergency cover for Megabus

Oh right, cool do they have Nat X contracts as well???

Marxista Fozz

tyresmoke

22 Sep 2013, 4:08 pm #10
(22 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm)fozzovmurton Oh right, cool do they have Nat X contracts as well???

Marxista Fozz

No they don't have any NX contracts. Those are all operated by Go North East, Yourbus, Selwyns and Parks of Hamilton in the North East.

tyresmoke
22 Sep 2013, 4:08 pm #10

(22 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm)fozzovmurton Oh right, cool do they have Nat X contracts as well???

Marxista Fozz

No they don't have any NX contracts. Those are all operated by Go North East, Yourbus, Selwyns and Parks of Hamilton in the North East.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average