Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything

Anything and Everything

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (219) Previous 1 2 3 4219 Next
Andreos1

04 Jul 2013, 4:33 pm #41
It is guaranteed the same faces will appear on that wall every day.

The same person will complain.

The same person will have a query about a ticket or service

The same two people will stick their oar in and stir the pot, defending GNE to the hilt.
I wonder what GNE would have to do for the two in question to change their minds and start ageeing with passengers over the bus company.
Andreos1
04 Jul 2013, 4:33 pm #41

It is guaranteed the same faces will appear on that wall every day.

The same person will complain.

The same person will have a query about a ticket or service

The same two people will stick their oar in and stir the pot, defending GNE to the hilt.
I wonder what GNE would have to do for the two in question to change their minds and start ageeing with passengers over the bus company.

Chris

09 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm #42
Yeah, there's a few keyboard warriors on the GNE facebook site!

Although I don't use Arriva, I thought the 'Arriva bod' was brilliant on their facebook page. He had a bit of banter, and was genuinely funny at times.

Ironically, he now works for GNE but sadly doesn't appear to go near their facebook page. Can't say I blame him!
Chris
09 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm #42

Yeah, there's a few keyboard warriors on the GNE facebook site!

Although I don't use Arriva, I thought the 'Arriva bod' was brilliant on their facebook page. He had a bit of banter, and was genuinely funny at times.

Ironically, he now works for GNE but sadly doesn't appear to go near their facebook page. Can't say I blame him!

MurdnunoC

09 Jul 2013, 12:45 pm #43
(09 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm)Chris Yeah, there's a few keyboard warriors on the GNE facebook site!

Recently, the ex-Arriva bod has made a few appearances on GNE's Facebook page, usually pointing out how buses save you money against the cost of motoring.

I do agree that his patter is sorely missed on Arriva's Facebook page though.
MurdnunoC
09 Jul 2013, 12:45 pm #43

(09 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm)Chris Yeah, there's a few keyboard warriors on the GNE facebook site!

Recently, the ex-Arriva bod has made a few appearances on GNE's Facebook page, usually pointing out how buses save you money against the cost of motoring.

I do agree that his patter is sorely missed on Arriva's Facebook page though.

Adrian

09 Jul 2013, 8:26 pm #44
Yeah, the 'Arriva Bod' made their page interact with their customers. Rather than come across so robotic. I'm surprised that GNE aren't using that strength if he's now employed by them, as they sure could use it!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Jul 2013, 8:26 pm #44

Yeah, the 'Arriva Bod' made their page interact with their customers. Rather than come across so robotic. I'm surprised that GNE aren't using that strength if he's now employed by them, as they sure could use it!

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm #45
(09 Jul 2013, 8:26 pm)aureolin Yeah, the 'Arriva Bod' made their page interact with their customers. Rather than come across so robotic. I'm surprised that GNE aren't using that strength if he's now employed by them, as they sure could use it!

It's amazing how many more 'likes' Go North East get when they do something out of the ordinary, see linked posts:

http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...4561535710
http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...4815390710
Dan
09 Jul 2013, 8:30 pm #45

(09 Jul 2013, 8:26 pm)aureolin Yeah, the 'Arriva Bod' made their page interact with their customers. Rather than come across so robotic. I'm surprised that GNE aren't using that strength if he's now employed by them, as they sure could use it!

It's amazing how many more 'likes' Go North East get when they do something out of the ordinary, see linked posts:

http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...4561535710
http://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/...4815390710

MurdnunoC

09 Jul 2013, 8:39 pm #46
Aside from posting under his real name, I'm pretty sure the Bod occasionally handles the odd page duty. Some GNE page posts, like the ones referred to by Daniel, seem to be less 'robotic' than others.

Ironically, back when Bod was managing the Facebook page, I used to complement upon his social media skills while criticising whomever was managing GNE's page for the lack of them. How times change!
MurdnunoC
09 Jul 2013, 8:39 pm #46

Aside from posting under his real name, I'm pretty sure the Bod occasionally handles the odd page duty. Some GNE page posts, like the ones referred to by Daniel, seem to be less 'robotic' than others.

Ironically, back when Bod was managing the Facebook page, I used to complement upon his social media skills while criticising whomever was managing GNE's page for the lack of them. How times change!

Andreos1

12 Jul 2013, 6:06 pm #47
He seems to be popping on, on an evening. Wonder if he is wanting the social media job back? Wink

@Michael
Your mate has been back on the GNE FB page again!

Trent Chipchase > Go North East 3 hours ago via BlackBerry Smartphones App ·
What's the link for the (metro)facebook page please?

Go North East > https://www.facebook.com/mymetrotw
Like · 3 hours ago

Trent Chipchase > Why's the metro not running today then?
Like · 3 hours ago

Go North East > I'd advise contacting them for info, Trent.
Like · 3 hours ago

Andy Clifford > asking gne might not work its due to power problems between heworth and gateshead
Like · 3 hours ago

Trent Chipchase > Sure! Thanks
Like · 3 hours ago

Trent Chipchase > ANDY the driver on 24(4904) said it was due to HOT
weather
Like · 3 hours ago
Andreos1
12 Jul 2013, 6:06 pm #47

He seems to be popping on, on an evening. Wonder if he is wanting the social media job back? Wink

@Michael
Your mate has been back on the GNE FB page again!

Trent Chipchase > Go North East 3 hours ago via BlackBerry Smartphones App ·
What's the link for the (metro)facebook page please?

Go North East > https://www.facebook.com/mymetrotw
Like · 3 hours ago

Trent Chipchase > Why's the metro not running today then?
Like · 3 hours ago

Go North East > I'd advise contacting them for info, Trent.
Like · 3 hours ago

Andy Clifford > asking gne might not work its due to power problems between heworth and gateshead
Like · 3 hours ago

Trent Chipchase > Sure! Thanks
Like · 3 hours ago

Trent Chipchase > ANDY the driver on 24(4904) said it was due to HOT
weather
Like · 3 hours ago

MurdnunoC

17 Aug 2013, 6:47 pm #48
I know he irritates some; but to me at least he's entertaining. So here he is, Trent Chipchase, once again, taking GNE to task: https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...7384290710

Trent Chipchase
I on bus 27(4848 towards south shields he is bumping up and down all over the place
Like · · 7 hours ago via BlackBerry

Trent Chipchase Sorry I mean 4948
7 hours ago · Like

Trent Chipchase Had to get off and wait for next one was so bad. And another passenger had same complaint
6 hours ago · Like

Go North East I am sorry that you have felt uncomfortable on this bus. I have been informed that they have taken the bus off the road Jarrow
6 hours ago · Like

Trent Chipchase They haven't as by the time I reached jarrow the bus had passengers on, was letting more on and going to newcastke
5 hours ago · Like

Terrific!
MurdnunoC
17 Aug 2013, 6:47 pm #48

I know he irritates some; but to me at least he's entertaining. So here he is, Trent Chipchase, once again, taking GNE to task: https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...7384290710

Trent Chipchase
I on bus 27(4848 towards south shields he is bumping up and down all over the place
Like · · 7 hours ago via BlackBerry

Trent Chipchase Sorry I mean 4948
7 hours ago · Like

Trent Chipchase Had to get off and wait for next one was so bad. And another passenger had same complaint
6 hours ago · Like

Go North East I am sorry that you have felt uncomfortable on this bus. I have been informed that they have taken the bus off the road Jarrow
6 hours ago · Like

Trent Chipchase They haven't as by the time I reached jarrow the bus had passengers on, was letting more on and going to newcastke
5 hours ago · Like

Terrific!

Adrian

17 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm #49
I can't believe he's a real person, and not just someone on a fake account trolling. He's got a valid point in the above post, but most of the stuff he comes out with is utter crap.

Adrian
17 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm #49

I can't believe he's a real person, and not just someone on a fake account trolling. He's got a valid point in the above post, but most of the stuff he comes out with is utter crap.

MurdnunoC

17 Aug 2013, 7:08 pm #50
(17 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm)aureolin I can't believe he's a real person, and not just someone on a fake account trolling. He's got a valid point in the above post, but most of the stuff he comes out with is utter crap.

I think he makes quite a few valid points, however, they are usually hidden beneath other less poignant observations. For example, he is right to complain about the (apparent) consistent tardiness and heat experienced on the 24. But he doesn't need to state the same thing everyday. I think that's what annoys people the most. I will agree he does spout utter tripe at times, but, like the rest of us, he's just trying to get answers. He just doesn't go about it the right way.
MurdnunoC
17 Aug 2013, 7:08 pm #50

(17 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm)aureolin I can't believe he's a real person, and not just someone on a fake account trolling. He's got a valid point in the above post, but most of the stuff he comes out with is utter crap.

I think he makes quite a few valid points, however, they are usually hidden beneath other less poignant observations. For example, he is right to complain about the (apparent) consistent tardiness and heat experienced on the 24. But he doesn't need to state the same thing everyday. I think that's what annoys people the most. I will agree he does spout utter tripe at times, but, like the rest of us, he's just trying to get answers. He just doesn't go about it the right way.

citaro5284

17 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm #51
(17 Aug 2013, 6:47 pm)AdamY I know he irritates some; but to me at least he's entertaining. So here he is, Trent Chipchase, once again, taking GNE to task: https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...7384290710

Terrific!

The thing is, the vehicle did get changed over at Jarrow. It was replaced by 5310.
citaro5284
17 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm #51

(17 Aug 2013, 6:47 pm)AdamY I know he irritates some; but to me at least he's entertaining. So here he is, Trent Chipchase, once again, taking GNE to task: https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...7384290710

Terrific!

The thing is, the vehicle did get changed over at Jarrow. It was replaced by 5310.

MurdnunoC

17 Aug 2013, 7:11 pm #52
(17 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm)citaro5284 The thing is, the vehicle did get changed over at Jarrow. It was replaced by 5310.

You're not doubting the benevolent tongue of Trent Chipchase are you? Sacrilege! Big Grin Tongue
MurdnunoC
17 Aug 2013, 7:11 pm #52

(17 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm)citaro5284 The thing is, the vehicle did get changed over at Jarrow. It was replaced by 5310.

You're not doubting the benevolent tongue of Trent Chipchase are you? Sacrilege! Big Grin Tongue

Adrian

17 Aug 2013, 7:16 pm #53
(17 Aug 2013, 7:08 pm)AdamY I think he makes quite a few valid points, however, they are usually hidden beneath other less poignant observations. For example, he is right to complain about the (apparent) consistent tardiness and heat experienced on the 24. But he doesn't need to state the same thing everyday. I think that's what annoys people the most. I will agree he does spout utter tripe at times, but, like the rest of us, he's just trying to get answers. He just doesn't go about it the right way.

That's what makes me doubt that it's a real identity. If he was serious in his complaint he would just call them or email them. He should know by now that they're only going tell him to do that anyway.

Adrian
17 Aug 2013, 7:16 pm #53

(17 Aug 2013, 7:08 pm)AdamY I think he makes quite a few valid points, however, they are usually hidden beneath other less poignant observations. For example, he is right to complain about the (apparent) consistent tardiness and heat experienced on the 24. But he doesn't need to state the same thing everyday. I think that's what annoys people the most. I will agree he does spout utter tripe at times, but, like the rest of us, he's just trying to get answers. He just doesn't go about it the right way.

That's what makes me doubt that it's a real identity. If he was serious in his complaint he would just call them or email them. He should know by now that they're only going tell him to do that anyway.

MurdnunoC

17 Aug 2013, 7:19 pm #54
(17 Aug 2013, 7:16 pm)aureolin That's what makes me doubt that it's a real identity. If he was serious in his complaint he would just call them or email them. He should know by now that they're only going tell him to do that anyway.

I suppose the doubt surrounding his identity would, one day, make a great GNE based quiz question: 'Trent Chipcahse - True or False?'
MurdnunoC
17 Aug 2013, 7:19 pm #54

(17 Aug 2013, 7:16 pm)aureolin That's what makes me doubt that it's a real identity. If he was serious in his complaint he would just call them or email them. He should know by now that they're only going tell him to do that anyway.

I suppose the doubt surrounding his identity would, one day, make a great GNE based quiz question: 'Trent Chipcahse - True or False?'

Andreos1

18 Aug 2013, 10:21 am #55
(17 Aug 2013, 7:19 pm)AdamY I suppose the doubt surrounding his identity would, one day, make a great GNE based quiz question: 'Trent Chipcahse - True or False?'

Just googled his name and he looks real!
Went to Cedars School and a few photos of him as a bairn on there.
Andreos1
18 Aug 2013, 10:21 am #55

(17 Aug 2013, 7:19 pm)AdamY I suppose the doubt surrounding his identity would, one day, make a great GNE based quiz question: 'Trent Chipcahse - True or False?'

Just googled his name and he looks real!

18 Aug 2013, 5:00 pm #56
Not sure where to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Does anyone know any good sources of printed copies of old Busways & Northern (in their various guises) timetables? I know they crop up occasionally on ebay but wondered if anyone knew of any other good places to pick some up. If anyone on here has any they want to sell (or trade - I have a decent range) drop me a message. Thanks.
stagecoachbusdepot
18 Aug 2013, 5:00 pm #56

Not sure where to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Does anyone know any good sources of printed copies of old Busways & Northern (in their various guises) timetables? I know they crop up occasionally on ebay but wondered if anyone knew of any other good places to pick some up. If anyone on here has any they want to sell (or trade - I have a decent range) drop me a message. Thanks.

MurdnunoC

19 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm #57
I see our old friend Mr Hignett up to his old tricks again. Did anything ever come of the complaints forwarded to GNE from some forum members?

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...4181485710

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes
is it right that a driver can stop ya takin on a push bike that ya just bought
Like · · 2 hours ago

Go North East Tracey, bicycles are only allowed on our Lime services, the 8, 78 and 78A.
2 hours ago · Like

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes so if ya go shoppin and buy a bike ya can not get on the bus home
2 hours ago · Like

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes was childs bike
2 hours ago · Like

Andy Clifford Would think the bike would be boxed or covered
2 hours ago · Like

Ian Hignett The only way that it could be carried is if it fits wholly in the luggage space and then it is still at the drivers' discretion.
2 hours ago · Like

Go North East No, you cannot take a bicycle on any other bus.
2 hours ago · Like

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes it was for grandson
2 hours ago · Like

Ian Hignett and that makes a difference does it?
2 hours ago · Like

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes @ian hignett did i ask your advise and i think your attitude is out of order
2 hours ago · Like · 2

Olga Bradley Get a taxi Tracey and DONT let any of those nasty ' go north east' drivers have a ride on your grandsons bike.
2 hours ago · Like · 1

Rachel Burke Hotandspicy I think its a disgrace the government go on that they want more people to use puvlic transportinstead of cars then when you try ya not allowed av seen plenty oi f ppl take bikes on the bus if theres no buggies or wheel chairs on !!!!
2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Gary Thompson think Ian must be bus spotter
2 hours ago · Like

Joanne Stoker thats disgustin but u can take scooters on a bus x
about an hour ago via mobile · Like

Ian Hignett No, but you posted on a public forum and your seem to think that there should be an exception for your case.
5 minutes ago via mobile · Like
MurdnunoC
19 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm #57

I see our old friend Mr Hignett up to his old tricks again. Did anything ever come of the complaints forwarded to GNE from some forum members?

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes
is it right that a driver can stop ya takin on a push bike that ya just bought
Like · · 2 hours ago

Go North East Tracey, bicycles are only allowed on our Lime services, the 8, 78 and 78A.
2 hours ago · Like

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes so if ya go shoppin and buy a bike ya can not get on the bus home
2 hours ago · Like

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes was childs bike
2 hours ago · Like

Andy Clifford Would think the bike would be boxed or covered
2 hours ago · Like

Ian Hignett The only way that it could be carried is if it fits wholly in the luggage space and then it is still at the drivers' discretion.
2 hours ago · Like

Go North East No, you cannot take a bicycle on any other bus.
2 hours ago · Like

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes it was for grandson
2 hours ago · Like

Ian Hignett and that makes a difference does it?
2 hours ago · Like

Tracey Passmore Was Sykes @ian hignett did i ask your advise and i think your attitude is out of order
2 hours ago · Like · 2

Olga Bradley Get a taxi Tracey and DONT let any of those nasty ' go north east' drivers have a ride on your grandsons bike.
2 hours ago · Like · 1

Rachel Burke Hotandspicy I think its a disgrace the government go on that they want more people to use puvlic transportinstead of cars then when you try ya not allowed av seen plenty oi f ppl take bikes on the bus if theres no buggies or wheel chairs on !!!!
2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Gary Thompson think Ian must be bus spotter
2 hours ago · Like

Joanne Stoker thats disgustin but u can take scooters on a bus x
about an hour ago via mobile · Like

Ian Hignett No, but you posted on a public forum and your seem to think that there should be an exception for your case.
5 minutes ago via mobile · Like

DanPicken

Banned

19 Aug 2013, 2:39 pm #58
(18 Aug 2013, 10:21 am)Andreos1 Just googled his name and he looks real!

aye it says he worked at P.C. World
DanPicken
19 Aug 2013, 2:39 pm #58

(18 Aug 2013, 10:21 am)Andreos1 Just googled his name and he looks real!

aye it says he worked at P.C. World

Adrian

19 Aug 2013, 5:03 pm #59
(19 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm)AdamY I see our old friend Mr Hignett up to his old tricks again. Did anything ever come of the complaints forwarded to GNE from some forum members?

Nope. The response I got (without digging it out) was along the lines of any posts deemed offensive will be removed, but he's free to comment. I always say you shouldn't say on the Internet something you wouldn't say to their face. I guess he doesn't apply the same logic.

Adrian
19 Aug 2013, 5:03 pm #59

(19 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm)AdamY I see our old friend Mr Hignett up to his old tricks again. Did anything ever come of the complaints forwarded to GNE from some forum members?

Nope. The response I got (without digging it out) was along the lines of any posts deemed offensive will be removed, but he's free to comment. I always say you shouldn't say on the Internet something you wouldn't say to their face. I guess he doesn't apply the same logic.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Aug 2013, 2:44 pm #60
(19 Aug 2013, 5:03 pm)aureolin Nope. The response I got (without digging it out) was along the lines of any posts deemed offensive will be removed, but he's free to comment. I always say you shouldn't say on the Internet something you wouldn't say to their face. I guess he doesn't apply the same logic.

I tend not to bother with the GNE facebook page anymore, I once made a comment about a bus leaving Dalton Park a few minutes early, I did so because an old lady missed the bus, didn't know who to mention it to, so, being the good person I know I can be, I told her I would raise it with GNE without making too much fuss, all I got was abuse along the lines of 'Don't you think GNE have more important things to worry about than a bus leaving 2 minutes early' erm well no, as a bus driver once told me 'you can have any excuse to be late, but no reason whatsoever to be running early, so I pretty much give up with the GNE Facebook Page or F**king Bulls**t page as I call it as tjat is what a lot of people talk on there
MrFozz
20 Aug 2013, 2:44 pm #60

(19 Aug 2013, 5:03 pm)aureolin Nope. The response I got (without digging it out) was along the lines of any posts deemed offensive will be removed, but he's free to comment. I always say you shouldn't say on the Internet something you wouldn't say to their face. I guess he doesn't apply the same logic.

I tend not to bother with the GNE facebook page anymore, I once made a comment about a bus leaving Dalton Park a few minutes early, I did so because an old lady missed the bus, didn't know who to mention it to, so, being the good person I know I can be, I told her I would raise it with GNE without making too much fuss, all I got was abuse along the lines of 'Don't you think GNE have more important things to worry about than a bus leaving 2 minutes early' erm well no, as a bus driver once told me 'you can have any excuse to be late, but no reason whatsoever to be running early, so I pretty much give up with the GNE Facebook Page or F**king Bulls**t page as I call it as tjat is what a lot of people talk on there

Pages (219) Previous 1 2 3 4219 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average