North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators National Express

National Express

National Express

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jun 2014, 1:56 pm #21
(04 Jun 2014, 12:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Noticed a few of the National Express vehicles have had a yellow advert placed onto the rear of their vehicle.

I saw FJ60 KVR today and it appears the advert is for Leeds Festival.

See news article here. Wink
Dan
04 Jun 2014, 1:56 pm #21

(04 Jun 2014, 12:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Noticed a few of the National Express vehicles have had a yellow advert placed onto the rear of their vehicle.

I saw FJ60 KVR today and it appears the advert is for Leeds Festival.

See news article here. Wink

Andreos1

04 Jun 2014, 3:15 pm #22
(04 Jun 2014, 1:56 pm)Dan See news article here. Wink

Hadn't seen the article - but now you know at least two of the vehicles have them Smile

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Jun 2014, 3:15 pm #22

(04 Jun 2014, 1:56 pm)Dan See news article here. Wink

Hadn't seen the article - but now you know at least two of the vehicles have them Smile

nk55

28 Jul 2014, 1:57 pm #23
Just picked up on this thread, the shamrock liveried coaches symbolise the area around digbeth coach station in Birmingham is in the Irish area.
nk55
28 Jul 2014, 1:57 pm #23

Just picked up on this thread, the shamrock liveried coaches symbolise the area around digbeth coach station in Birmingham is in the Irish area.

Andreos1

01 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm #24
FJ61 EXW is looking forlorn in Trowell Services, on a 426 to Shields.

Passengers are being transferred onto 4017 (cant see reg), which has just arrived fresh.

Andreos1
01 Aug 2014, 4:25 pm #24

FJ61 EXW is looking forlorn in Trowell Services, on a 426 to Shields.

Passengers are being transferred onto 4017 (cant see reg), which has just arrived fresh.

Andreos1

12 Sep 2014, 3:10 pm #25
7093 currently getting hitched up, after breaking down at j1 of the M180 on a Skeggy run.
No sign of passengers, so guessing they're on their way on a replacement.

Andreos1
12 Sep 2014, 3:10 pm #25

7093 currently getting hitched up, after breaking down at j1 of the M180 on a Skeggy run.
No sign of passengers, so guessing they're on their way on a replacement.

gtom

Banned

11 Oct 2014, 1:29 pm #26
Does anyone know if it's Selwyn or GNE that operate the Saturday 10am 580 to Liverpool and what kit they use?

Train is prohibitively expensive and I'm not driving (and work aren't paying!)
gtom
11 Oct 2014, 1:29 pm #26

Does anyone know if it's Selwyn or GNE that operate the Saturday 10am 580 to Liverpool and what kit they use?

Train is prohibitively expensive and I'm not driving (and work aren't paying!)

Kuyoyo

11 Oct 2014, 1:38 pm #27
Morning departures South are GNE - and it could be anything from the coach fleet (believe 580s are booked for the B9R Levantes but could be a Scania one instead)
Kuyoyo
11 Oct 2014, 1:38 pm #27

Morning departures South are GNE - and it could be anything from the coach fleet (believe 580s are booked for the B9R Levantes but could be a Scania one instead)

gtom

Banned

11 Oct 2014, 1:48 pm #28
(11 Oct 2014, 1:38 pm)Kuyoyo Morning departures South are GNE - and it could be anything from the coach fleet (believe 580s are booked for the B9R Levantes but could be a Scania one instead)

Thanks for the quick reply. I've not done a NEX trip since the days of the Plaxton Paramount NEX Rapide days!

It's only £20 return which I can't knock. 3hr 35 not a bad journey time either considering with layovers the train is only half hour quicker
gtom
11 Oct 2014, 1:48 pm #28

(11 Oct 2014, 1:38 pm)Kuyoyo Morning departures South are GNE - and it could be anything from the coach fleet (believe 580s are booked for the B9R Levantes but could be a Scania one instead)

Thanks for the quick reply. I've not done a NEX trip since the days of the Plaxton Paramount NEX Rapide days!

It's only £20 return which I can't knock. 3hr 35 not a bad journey time either considering with layovers the train is only half hour quicker

gtom

Banned

04 Nov 2014, 10:20 am #29
After the uncomfortable dated power socket less GNE shed I travelled on does anyone know if GNE operate the 14.45 ex Manchester to Newcastle
gtom
04 Nov 2014, 10:20 am #29

After the uncomfortable dated power socket less GNE shed I travelled on does anyone know if GNE operate the 14.45 ex Manchester to Newcastle

Andreos1

21 Nov 2014, 4:56 am #30
1/3 stops unsuitable for wheelchair users
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30126954

Andreos1
21 Nov 2014, 4:56 am #30

1/3 stops unsuitable for wheelchair users
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30126954

Jimmi

24 Jan 2016, 11:39 am #31
Should radios be blasted out for passengers to hear on National Express services? I ask as I'm being subjected to some painfully dull music right now on the 580 back to Middlesbrough.
Jimmi
24 Jan 2016, 11:39 am #31

Should radios be blasted out for passengers to hear on National Express services? I ask as I'm being subjected to some painfully dull music right now on the 580 back to Middlesbrough.

20 May 2016, 7:59 am #32
From the 23rd of May the 534 service will not serve any of the borders stops anymore and will run direct between Edinburgh and Newcastle.
DavidSBrough
20 May 2016, 7:59 am #32

From the 23rd of May the 534 service will not serve any of the borders stops anymore and will run direct between Edinburgh and Newcastle.

Michael

06 Nov 2016, 12:00 pm #33
A coach company is hoping its new Christmas Day Sunderland service will prove just the ticket. National Express has announced it will be serving Sunderland for the first time ever on Christmas Day. The coach operator will be running a December 25 service from its Chester Road stop outside the University of Sunderland. Coaches will travel to London’s Victoria Coach Station via Middlesbrough, Darlington and Heathrow Airport at 13.30pm and 23.15pm.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/lifestyle/...-1-8220284

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Nov 2016, 12:00 pm #33

A coach company is hoping its new Christmas Day Sunderland service will prove just the ticket. National Express has announced it will be serving Sunderland for the first time ever on Christmas Day. The coach operator will be running a December 25 service from its Chester Road stop outside the University of Sunderland. Coaches will travel to London’s Victoria Coach Station via Middlesbrough, Darlington and Heathrow Airport at 13.30pm and 23.15pm.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/lifestyle/...-1-8220284

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

06 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm #34
Seems to be service 815 starting at Newcastle, going via Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Darlington then direct (with a services stop I assume) to Heathrow Terminal 5, Heathrow Central, and then into Victoria
tyresmoke
06 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm #34

Seems to be service 815 starting at Newcastle, going via Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Darlington then direct (with a services stop I assume) to Heathrow Terminal 5, Heathrow Central, and then into Victoria

mb134

11 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm #35
With the continued growth of Megabus, how much has National Express got left in its tank?

I've had to travel a few long distance journeys recently, and as the train was ridiculously expensive, I looked at coaches. Every journey I looked at, Megabus was cheaper and quicker than National 'Express' (Indeed, my Megabus into Edinburgh the other week overtook the National Express coach on the A1).

Further to that, in my opinion Megabus Astromegas and Elite interdecks give off a far more premium impression than the National Express standard Levante.
mb134
11 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm #35

With the continued growth of Megabus, how much has National Express got left in its tank?

I've had to travel a few long distance journeys recently, and as the train was ridiculously expensive, I looked at coaches. Every journey I looked at, Megabus was cheaper and quicker than National 'Express' (Indeed, my Megabus into Edinburgh the other week overtook the National Express coach on the A1).

Further to that, in my opinion Megabus Astromegas and Elite interdecks give off a far more premium impression than the National Express standard Levante.

James101

12 Jan 2018, 12:53 am #36
(11 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm)mb134 With the continued growth of Megabus, how much has National Express got left in its tank?

I caught one of the newest Elites between Leeds-Manchester in their first week in service. It was the most impressive vehicle I'd rode on in a while. I booked the journey the same afternoon for £3 and the station staff and driver were all pleasant. Coach left bang on time too. 

Later I traveled on Nat Ex form Manchester to Stoke. It cost £15, the coach interior had litter and the driver seemed stressed and unfriendly. Granted, the variables here could apply to either company on an 'off day', but national express appears to be stagnating while megabus is improving the passenger experience, launched a better website and are expanding into new routes and partnerships with regional operators to offer new destinations and multiple-leg journeys.
James101
12 Jan 2018, 12:53 am #36

(11 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm)mb134 With the continued growth of Megabus, how much has National Express got left in its tank?

I caught one of the newest Elites between Leeds-Manchester in their first week in service. It was the most impressive vehicle I'd rode on in a while. I booked the journey the same afternoon for £3 and the station staff and driver were all pleasant. Coach left bang on time too. 

Later I traveled on Nat Ex form Manchester to Stoke. It cost £15, the coach interior had litter and the driver seemed stressed and unfriendly. Granted, the variables here could apply to either company on an 'off day', but national express appears to be stagnating while megabus is improving the passenger experience, launched a better website and are expanding into new routes and partnerships with regional operators to offer new destinations and multiple-leg journeys.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Jan 2018, 7:35 am #37
(12 Jan 2018, 12:53 am)James101 I caught one of the newest Elites between Leeds-Manchester in their first week in service. It was the most impressive vehicle I'd rode on in a while. I booked the journey the same afternoon for £3 and the station staff and driver were all pleasant. Coach left bang on time too. 

I've often avoided using National Express as they are often much more expensive than Megabus on competing journeys, and haven't had much in the way of bad experiences on Megabus (bar an overnight trip to London which ended up being a duplicate service - never again), but the one thing I have noticed is that National Express tends to attract a better clientele of passengers.

My experience of a Transdev Cityzap service to York was seriously let down recently by those connecting from Leeds. They looked like they'd just been to a music festival, with sleeping bags, etc. They were very loud and did not show any consideration towards other passengers.
Dan
12 Jan 2018, 7:35 am #37

(12 Jan 2018, 12:53 am)James101 I caught one of the newest Elites between Leeds-Manchester in their first week in service. It was the most impressive vehicle I'd rode on in a while. I booked the journey the same afternoon for £3 and the station staff and driver were all pleasant. Coach left bang on time too. 

I've often avoided using National Express as they are often much more expensive than Megabus on competing journeys, and haven't had much in the way of bad experiences on Megabus (bar an overnight trip to London which ended up being a duplicate service - never again), but the one thing I have noticed is that National Express tends to attract a better clientele of passengers.

My experience of a Transdev Cityzap service to York was seriously let down recently by those connecting from Leeds. They looked like they'd just been to a music festival, with sleeping bags, etc. They were very loud and did not show any consideration towards other passengers.

Andreos1

28 Jan 2018, 12:35 pm #38

I meant to reply to this at the time, but something must have happened.

Is it fair to compare Megabus with the likes of easyjet/Ryanair and National Express to BA?

I think they are very similar in that the established old guard have maybe become a little complacent and the new pretenders have created a cheaper product, which has caught right up in terms of popularity.

I think the issue for NX is now about how they fix this perception and also maybe how to steal a march on their rivals.
Do they up the ante, creating a far better product (whilst ensuring cost doesn't put off passengers), or do they do a BA and try to compete, by taking away the frills that originally separated them and thus becoming very similar to Megabus?

I think NX have slowly reduced their 'offer'. Thinking back, they had the hostess, served food etc (for a sky high fee!).

From an enthusiasts perspective it might be hard to differentiate, but I wonder if the Stagecoach/Megabus brand is more familiar than NX is.
Prior to de-reg, I would argue that NX was a far more familiar brand than the likes of the 'Clipper' or other competing services, if only because of the fact National operated in more or less every town, city and county across the country.
However, to counteract that, some locals may have preferred the Clipper because of its owners.

Andreos1
28 Jan 2018, 12:35 pm #38

I meant to reply to this at the time, but something must have happened.

Is it fair to compare Megabus with the likes of easyjet/Ryanair and National Express to BA?

I think they are very similar in that the established old guard have maybe become a little complacent and the new pretenders have created a cheaper product, which has caught right up in terms of popularity.

I think the issue for NX is now about how they fix this perception and also maybe how to steal a march on their rivals.
Do they up the ante, creating a far better product (whilst ensuring cost doesn't put off passengers), or do they do a BA and try to compete, by taking away the frills that originally separated them and thus becoming very similar to Megabus?

I think NX have slowly reduced their 'offer'. Thinking back, they had the hostess, served food etc (for a sky high fee!).

From an enthusiasts perspective it might be hard to differentiate, but I wonder if the Stagecoach/Megabus brand is more familiar than NX is.
Prior to de-reg, I would argue that NX was a far more familiar brand than the likes of the 'Clipper' or other competing services, if only because of the fact National operated in more or less every town, city and county across the country.
However, to counteract that, some locals may have preferred the Clipper because of its owners.

28 Jan 2018, 9:40 pm #39
Anyone know what gets used on the overnight 435 from Northumberland into London?

Hoping for a newer tri-axle Levante, as they're lush. Big Grin
omnicity4659
28 Jan 2018, 9:40 pm #39

Anyone know what gets used on the overnight 435 from Northumberland into London?

Hoping for a newer tri-axle Levante, as they're lush. Big Grin

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average