Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Football/Championship Manager

Football/Championship Manager

Football/Championship Manager

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

07 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm #1
Does anybody enjoy a good game of Football/Championship Manager.

I personally havent played it on the computer since Football Manager 2012, but do have FM Handheld 2012 and 2013 and waiting FMH14 to be released.

Please share your stories about being a FM/CM gamer

1.What was the first Version you played?
2.What is your favourite version?
3.Your most successful game save?
4.Who did you go with when Sports Interactive split with Eidos, did remain loyal to Championship Manager or show loyalty to Football Manager or stuck with both?
5.Your best signings in the game?
6.Do you like to edit the games?
7.Any amusing stories?

A lot of questions I know, but I am generally interested
Edited 07 Oct 2013, 1:55 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
07 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm #1

Does anybody enjoy a good game of Football/Championship Manager.

I personally havent played it on the computer since Football Manager 2012, but do have FM Handheld 2012 and 2013 and waiting FMH14 to be released.

4.Who did you go with when Sports Interactive split with Eidos, did remain loyal to Championship Manager or show loyalty to Football Manager or stuck with both?
7.Any amusing stories?

Andreos1

07 Oct 2013, 2:15 pm #2
(07 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm)fozzovmurton Does anybody enjoy a good game of Football/Championship Manager.

7.Any amusing stories?

Coincidently, I have fired up an old laptop and my eldest is getting right into Champ Manager.
It is the 09/10 download that was available for 1p at the time.

However, the autosave overwrote a Hartlepool team I had marching up the leagues.

My best ever experience was with Carlisle on one of late 90's versions.
FA Cups and Cup Winners Cups and not even in the Premier League (of course I got there after a few seasons and ended up winning that).

I always, get free transfers when starting off and always starts off at a local lower league club.
The free transfer market hides some gems and you can get rid of the dead-wood taking home a decent wage for a fee.

I have had a version of Champ Manager knocking about since my first version years ago on the Amiga.
It would have been early 90's for sure. Andy Townsend was at Chelsea!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
07 Oct 2013, 2:15 pm #2

(07 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm)fozzovmurton Does anybody enjoy a good game of Football/Championship Manager.

7.Any amusing stories?

Coincidently, I have fired up an old laptop and my eldest is getting right into Champ Manager.
It is the 09/10 download that was available for 1p at the time.

However, the autosave overwrote a Hartlepool team I had marching up the leagues.

My best ever experience was with Carlisle on one of late 90's versions.
FA Cups and Cup Winners Cups and not even in the Premier League (of course I got there after a few seasons and ended up winning that).

I always, get free transfers when starting off and always starts off at a local lower league club.
The free transfer market hides some gems and you can get rid of the dead-wood taking home a decent wage for a fee.

I have had a version of Champ Manager knocking about since my first version years ago on the Amiga.
It would have been early 90's for sure. Andy Townsend was at Chelsea!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average