Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat World Cup

World Cup

World Cup

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poll: Will England Win The World Cup
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Of Course, We're The Best
0%
Votes 0
Of Course Not, The Manager is a(Insert Vegetable here)
85.71%
Votes 6
Don't Know/Don't Care
14.29%
Votes 1

Total 7 vote(s) 100%
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Oct 2013, 8:42 am #1
I know this should probably go in the football thread, but thought I would post it as as a standalone subject.

So we have qualified, how do you guys think we will get on, can we turn a few heads, will we win it or gloriously fail.

I am looking forward to the Red Top Tabloids reactions to it, they seem to treat it like a nice wank, as if we will win it everytime, then come up with comparisons for the manager and vegetables when we fail.

Personally I cant see us getting past the 2nd Round or Quarter Finals, we probably wont be in the Top Seeds meaning we will have to play either Brazil, Spain, Germany or Holland in the Groups, so it will probably mean a shitty tournament for us.

Who would you take to Brazil, the first names on the Squad List barring injury will be Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, I would like to see Rickie Lambert go, also Jordan Henderson is doing well at Liverpool, I would tell Joe Hart(as much as I like him) he needs to have an exceptional season at Citeh this year or his place will not be guaranteed, other than that I would keep an eye on Townsend amd Sturridge.

Ome more thing, who do you think will win the World Cup and who is a good outside bet. I personally think Holland or the Germans will win it and would bet on Belgium as outsiders
MrFozz
16 Oct 2013, 8:42 am #1

I know this should probably go in the football thread, but thought I would post it as as a standalone subject.

So we have qualified, how do you guys think we will get on, can we turn a few heads, will we win it or gloriously fail.

I am looking forward to the Red Top Tabloids reactions to it, they seem to treat it like a nice wank, as if we will win it everytime, then come up with comparisons for the manager and vegetables when we fail.

Personally I cant see us getting past the 2nd Round or Quarter Finals, we probably wont be in the Top Seeds meaning we will have to play either Brazil, Spain, Germany or Holland in the Groups, so it will probably mean a shitty tournament for us.

Who would you take to Brazil, the first names on the Squad List barring injury will be Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, I would like to see Rickie Lambert go, also Jordan Henderson is doing well at Liverpool, I would tell Joe Hart(as much as I like him) he needs to have an exceptional season at Citeh this year or his place will not be guaranteed, other than that I would keep an eye on Townsend amd Sturridge.

Ome more thing, who do you think will win the World Cup and who is a good outside bet. I personally think Holland or the Germans will win it and would bet on Belgium as outsiders

Adrian

16 Oct 2013, 6:34 pm #2
Really couldn't care less. Roy Hodgson is a top bloke, so I'd want to see him do well, but I have zero interest in the England team.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Oct 2013, 6:34 pm #2

Really couldn't care less. Roy Hodgson is a top bloke, so I'd want to see him do well, but I have zero interest in the England team.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

16 Oct 2013, 6:37 pm #3
Last 16 mediocrity with Hodgson on his way as a result of pressure from The Sun.

Belgium have some cracking players and would be my outside bet for a last 4 place, but can't see them pulling it off.
Maybe Euro's next time around for them, if they can keep on with the player development and avoid injuries to key players.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Oct 2013, 6:37 pm #3

Last 16 mediocrity with Hodgson on his way as a result of pressure from The Sun.

Belgium have some cracking players and would be my outside bet for a last 4 place, but can't see them pulling it off.
Maybe Euro's next time around for them, if they can keep on with the player development and avoid injuries to key players.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average