Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Any bus rallies in November

Any bus rallies in November

Any bus rallies in November

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

31 Oct 2013, 1:52 am #1
Hiya. I'll be back in the UK for a couple of weeks in mid/late November and just wonder if there is anything in the bus rally world happening then, particularly in the north-east. I appreciate it is probably not the best time of year for such events but anything with stalls or other collectables for sale would be of interest. I will be mobile with a hire car so maybe even Yorkshire or Southern Scotland.
I see on the showbus website that there is a collectors fair in Walsall on the 24th which may be do-able at a push but anything more local?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Dewsbury on the 17th may be a good option, not so far to go..
Edited 31 Oct 2013, 2:06 am by Dextrovert.
Dextrovert
31 Oct 2013, 1:52 am #1

Hiya. I'll be back in the UK for a couple of weeks in mid/late November and just wonder if there is anything in the bus rally world happening then, particularly in the north-east. I appreciate it is probably not the best time of year for such events but anything with stalls or other collectables for sale would be of interest. I will be mobile with a hire car so maybe even Yorkshire or Southern Scotland.
I see on the showbus website that there is a collectors fair in Walsall on the 24th which may be do-able at a push but anything more local?

Thanks in advance.

05 Nov 2013, 10:17 am #2
(31 Oct 2013, 1:52 am)Dextrovert Hiya. I'll be back in the UK for a couple of weeks in mid/late November and just wonder if there is anything in the bus rally world happening then, particularly in the north-east. I appreciate it is probably not the best time of year for such events but anything with stalls or other collectables for sale would be of interest. I will be mobile with a hire car so maybe even Yorkshire or Southern Scotland.

Thanks in advance.

i will be attending Dewsbury rally myself, am coming down on my mates Preserved bus, a Stagecoach Stripe Livery Alexander PS Fleetnumber 896.
Terence Price
05 Nov 2013, 10:17 am #2

(31 Oct 2013, 1:52 am)Dextrovert Hiya. I'll be back in the UK for a couple of weeks in mid/late November and just wonder if there is anything in the bus rally world happening then, particularly in the north-east. I appreciate it is probably not the best time of year for such events but anything with stalls or other collectables for sale would be of interest. I will be mobile with a hire car so maybe even Yorkshire or Southern Scotland.

Thanks in advance.

i will be attending Dewsbury rally myself, am coming down on my mates Preserved bus, a Stagecoach Stripe Livery Alexander PS Fleetnumber 896.

05 Nov 2013, 3:40 pm #3
Anyone in the North West may wish to give this a try on Sunday:

http://independent-bus-tours.blogspot.co...shire.html

Worth the £10 for a bash on a National 2 alone, other vehicles are a bonus.
St Helens Rider
05 Nov 2013, 3:40 pm #3

Anyone in the North West may wish to give this a try on Sunday:

http://independent-bus-tours.blogspot.co...shire.html

Worth the £10 for a bash on a National 2 alone, other vehicles are a bonus.

07 Nov 2013, 2:41 am #4
Thanks for the replies, Dewsbury is favourite at the moment but will be coming by car.

Just thinking, the last bus rally I went on was on the old Blue Bus liveried RELL 1802 (TRY 118H) in Bristol many moons ago. Came down on the bus as a passenger and did a bit of the driving on the way back. Cracking time. Wished I had done more of these when I had the chance..
Dextrovert
07 Nov 2013, 2:41 am #4

Thanks for the replies, Dewsbury is favourite at the moment but will be coming by car.

Just thinking, the last bus rally I went on was on the old Blue Bus liveried RELL 1802 (TRY 118H) in Bristol many moons ago. Came down on the bus as a passenger and did a bit of the driving on the way back. Cracking time. Wished I had done more of these when I had the chance..

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average