Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat rememberance sunday

rememberance sunday

rememberance sunday

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poll: did you do the silence
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

yes
100.00%
Votes 10
no
0%
Votes 0

Total 10 vote(s) 100%
DanPicken

Banned

10 Nov 2013, 11:04 am #1
has anyone did the 2 minutes silence
DanPicken
10 Nov 2013, 11:04 am #1

has anyone did the 2 minutes silence

Dan

Site Administrator

10 Nov 2013, 11:07 am #2
I attended the one at Ryhope, Sunderland.
I go to a different one every year, and usually catch some of the diversions beforehand.
Dan
10 Nov 2013, 11:07 am #2

I attended the one at Ryhope, Sunderland.
I go to a different one every year, and usually catch some of the diversions beforehand.

Michael

10 Nov 2013, 11:07 am #3
(10 Nov 2013, 11:04 am)danpick has anyone did the 2 minutes silence

Me, i hope everyone bought a poppy to mark their respect.

I'm gutted i can't make it to the parade down in Sunderland's city centre.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Nov 2013, 11:07 am #3

(10 Nov 2013, 11:04 am)danpick has anyone did the 2 minutes silence

Me, i hope everyone bought a poppy to mark their respect.

I'm gutted i can't make it to the parade down in Sunderland's city centre.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

10 Nov 2013, 1:53 pm #4
Haven't purchased a poppy this year, but walked to my local memorial with the eldest.

There was a small march with drums, bagpipes etc and there was a decent turnout.

Nice to pay respects to family, friends and others I have known or worked with over the years and nice to see so many others inc ex-servicemen paying their respects too.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Nov 2013, 1:53 pm #4

Haven't purchased a poppy this year, but walked to my local memorial with the eldest.

There was a small march with drums, bagpipes etc and there was a decent turnout.

Nice to pay respects to family, friends and others I have known or worked with over the years and nice to see so many others inc ex-servicemen paying their respects too.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

10 Nov 2013, 7:51 pm #5
Always done the minute silence for years. Marched at rememberence day parades from 1996 to 2001 whilst I was in the Sea Cadets.

I also buy poppys every year, but I never seem to have much luck with them as I lose them etc. This year was no different. I bought one on Friday and it had disintergrated on me 2 hours later on a Connections 4, all I had left was the green stem. Then I managed to get another one, then I got home where it then fell out and got chewed up by Murphy (My Pet Kleptomaniac / Chocolate Labrador puppy).

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
10 Nov 2013, 7:51 pm #5

Always done the minute silence for years. Marched at rememberence day parades from 1996 to 2001 whilst I was in the Sea Cadets.

I also buy poppys every year, but I never seem to have much luck with them as I lose them etc. This year was no different. I bought one on Friday and it had disintergrated on me 2 hours later on a Connections 4, all I had left was the green stem. Then I managed to get another one, then I got home where it then fell out and got chewed up by Murphy (My Pet Kleptomaniac / Chocolate Labrador puppy).

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Tom

10 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm #6
I did yes. What really annoyed me is how disrespectful some people are. I was at the Metro Station at the time, and there was announcement five minutes before, and then one minute before. And when it started, these chavs just was screaming on which was very rude.
Tom
10 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm #6

I did yes. What really annoyed me is how disrespectful some people are. I was at the Metro Station at the time, and there was announcement five minutes before, and then one minute before. And when it started, these chavs just was screaming on which was very rude.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

10 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm #7
I was at work at my second job today at Stadium of Light. We did a minutes silence just before kick off I must admit I think it's very emotional the way you can literally hear a pin drop in the usual rowdy stadium. It was very well received I thought. Everyone stood still.
CatsFast101
10 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm #7

I was at work at my second job today at Stadium of Light. We did a minutes silence just before kick off I must admit I think it's very emotional the way you can literally hear a pin drop in the usual rowdy stadium. It was very well received I thought. Everyone stood still.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Nov 2013, 1:33 pm #8
(10 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm)CatsFast101 I was at work at my second job today at Stadium of Light. We did a minutes silence just before kick off I must admit I think it's very emotional the way you can literally hear a pin drop in the usual rowdy stadium. It was very well received I thought. Everyone stood still.

I user to work at the Stadium, so have been around for many silences, and to be honest it is eerie when the ground falls silent 40k+ people in, bit they are always very well observed. The weirdest silence I ever was involved in at the Stadium was a 2 minute Silence in 2001 for 9/11, not a single noise whatsoever.

As for Rememberance, I was at Murton Cenotaph, I go nearly every year to pay my respects, I have an ancestor on there who fell at Gallipoli in 1915, so go to honour him
MrFozz
11 Nov 2013, 1:33 pm #8

(10 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm)CatsFast101 I was at work at my second job today at Stadium of Light. We did a minutes silence just before kick off I must admit I think it's very emotional the way you can literally hear a pin drop in the usual rowdy stadium. It was very well received I thought. Everyone stood still.

I user to work at the Stadium, so have been around for many silences, and to be honest it is eerie when the ground falls silent 40k+ people in, bit they are always very well observed. The weirdest silence I ever was involved in at the Stadium was a 2 minute Silence in 2001 for 9/11, not a single noise whatsoever.

As for Rememberance, I was at Murton Cenotaph, I go nearly every year to pay my respects, I have an ancestor on there who fell at Gallipoli in 1915, so go to honour him

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average