Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (153): Previous 1151 152 153
Jimmi

27 Jun 2016, 12:39 pm #3,041
(27 Jun 2016, 12:18 pm)GMitchelhill No part of the A19 south of the tunnel to Thirsk is limited to 50mph
I was referring to the StreetLite's, not the A19. I badly worded that last post.
Jimmi
27 Jun 2016, 12:39 pm #3,041

(27 Jun 2016, 12:18 pm)GMitchelhill No part of the A19 south of the tunnel to Thirsk is limited to 50mph
I was referring to the StreetLite's, not the A19. I badly worded that last post.

L469 YVK

27 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm #3,042
I think that the days of 'heavy duty' single and double deck buses are becoming numbered. When the call beckons for 6043-6048 to be replace, I think it will be highly likely to see StreetDecks replacing them. Although not ideal vehicles, they seem to do the job OK and only time will tell.

The same goes for Streetlites continuing the discussion and although they have a small engine, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll prove unreliable over long distances. Looking at Arriva's Enviro 400s out of Ashington Depot, with the exception of 7501-7505 which had hard lives before going to Ashington, the majority of them have proven themselves particularly the Euro 5 examples (7528 - 7534 in particular).
L469 YVK
27 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm #3,042

I think that the days of 'heavy duty' single and double deck buses are becoming numbered. When the call beckons for 6043-6048 to be replace, I think it will be highly likely to see StreetDecks replacing them. Although not ideal vehicles, they seem to do the job OK and only time will tell.

The same goes for Streetlites continuing the discussion and although they have a small engine, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll prove unreliable over long distances. Looking at Arriva's Enviro 400s out of Ashington Depot, with the exception of 7501-7505 which had hard lives before going to Ashington, the majority of them have proven themselves particularly the Euro 5 examples (7528 - 7534 in particular).

V514DFT

27 Jun 2016, 7:22 pm #3,043
Bit of crazy suggestion here but 40/41 extend to percy main,loop round through east howdon,then howdon then rejoin its normal route
V514DFT
27 Jun 2016, 7:22 pm #3,043

Bit of crazy suggestion here but 40/41 extend to percy main,loop round through east howdon,then howdon then rejoin its normal route

27 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm #3,044
X6. Hartlepool - castle eden - horden - peterlee - Easington village - Easington lane - murton - dalton park - heworth - wardley.
This service will operate a hourly frequency allowing service x35 to be reverted to an hourly frequency.
This service will additionally replace service 202 to dalton park before providing a direct fast link to heworth for connecting to other services.
This service will allow service 57 to go every 30 minutes with wardley still having 3 buses a hour to heworth.
X7. Middlesbrough - Billingham - peterlee - Easington village - hetton le hole - rainton bridge ( peak times ) - hougton le spring - Doxford international - tunstall bank - ryhope - Grangetown - sunderland interchange.
This service will operate using double deck vehicles and replaces service 923 to Rainton bridge.
This service will replace service x9 also.
This service will also allow service 39 to be revised to every 20 minutes.
X8. Middlesbrough - stockton - norton - wingate - peterlee - Easington village - dalton park - spectrum - seaham - east shore village - ryhope - hollycarside - sunderland.
This service will replace service x7,238,202.
The service will operate every hour between Sunderland and Peterlee but every 2 hours peterlee to middlesbrough.
This service will operate via sunderland estates to give people a service to middlesbrough.
The service will run the same way as arrivas 22 service peterlee to dalton park.
This service will operate using single deck vehicles with peterlee running the long x8 and deptford running the short x8.
X9. Service withdrawn and replaced with x10.
X10 Newcastle - Gateshead - heworth - peterlee - norton - stockton - middlesbrough.
This service will operate every hour but every 30 minutes at peak times and replaces the x9.
The service will additionally serve peterlee bus station although peak journeys wont but will stop on the slip road.
The x6 will provide more buses to Peterlee and a new link to hartlepool.
Service x7 will serve peterlee and will allow connections to Billingham.
Service 265 will additionally serve the estate before seaham mill inn upon the 238 route.
60. This service will operate every 20 minutes.
61 this service will operate every 20 minutes.
Together these services will form a every 10 minute bus service seaham westlea to park lane.
New 62 Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - seaham mill inn - seaton - hall lane - hougton le spring - newbottle - shiney Row - barnwell.
This service will replace the 238 and provide extra buses along the 60 and 61 coridoor.
X35. This service will only operate at peak times along with several early Saturday morning journeys.
The sunday journeys are transferd to service x1 extending to Peterlee.
This will allow a every 30 minute bus to low moorsley on a Sunday.

Best bus ever
biglugs@yahoo.com
27 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm #3,044

X6. Hartlepool - castle eden - horden - peterlee - Easington village - Easington lane - murton - dalton park - heworth - wardley.
This service will operate a hourly frequency allowing service x35 to be reverted to an hourly frequency.
This service will additionally replace service 202 to dalton park before providing a direct fast link to heworth for connecting to other services.
This service will allow service 57 to go every 30 minutes with wardley still having 3 buses a hour to heworth.
X7. Middlesbrough - Billingham - peterlee - Easington village - hetton le hole - rainton bridge ( peak times ) - hougton le spring - Doxford international - tunstall bank - ryhope - Grangetown - sunderland interchange.
This service will operate using double deck vehicles and replaces service 923 to Rainton bridge.
This service will replace service x9 also.
This service will also allow service 39 to be revised to every 20 minutes.
X8. Middlesbrough - stockton - norton - wingate - peterlee - Easington village - dalton park - spectrum - seaham - east shore village - ryhope - hollycarside - sunderland.
This service will replace service x7,238,202.
The service will operate every hour between Sunderland and Peterlee but every 2 hours peterlee to middlesbrough.
This service will operate via sunderland estates to give people a service to middlesbrough.
The service will run the same way as arrivas 22 service peterlee to dalton park.
This service will operate using single deck vehicles with peterlee running the long x8 and deptford running the short x8.
X9. Service withdrawn and replaced with x10.
X10 Newcastle - Gateshead - heworth - peterlee - norton - stockton - middlesbrough.
This service will operate every hour but every 30 minutes at peak times and replaces the x9.
The service will additionally serve peterlee bus station although peak journeys wont but will stop on the slip road.
The x6 will provide more buses to Peterlee and a new link to hartlepool.
Service x7 will serve peterlee and will allow connections to Billingham.
Service 265 will additionally serve the estate before seaham mill inn upon the 238 route.
60. This service will operate every 20 minutes.
61 this service will operate every 20 minutes.
Together these services will form a every 10 minute bus service seaham westlea to park lane.
New 62 Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - seaham mill inn - seaton - hall lane - hougton le spring - newbottle - shiney Row - barnwell.
This service will replace the 238 and provide extra buses along the 60 and 61 coridoor.
X35. This service will only operate at peak times along with several early Saturday morning journeys.
The sunday journeys are transferd to service x1 extending to Peterlee.
This will allow a every 30 minute bus to low moorsley on a Sunday.

Best bus ever

MurdnunoC

27 Jun 2016, 8:05 pm #3,045
(27 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com X6. Hartlepool - castle eden - horden - peterlee - Easington village - Easington lane - murton - dalton park - heworth - wardley.
Goes to Heworth before Wardley??
You have to go through Wardley to get to Heworth if using the most direct route.
MurdnunoC
27 Jun 2016, 8:05 pm #3,045

(27 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com X6. Hartlepool - castle eden - horden - peterlee - Easington village - Easington lane - murton - dalton park - heworth - wardley.
Goes to Heworth before Wardley??
You have to go through Wardley to get to Heworth if using the most direct route.

beefcake

27 Jun 2016, 8:08 pm #3,046
What exactly is in Wardley that would make me want to sit on a bus through to there? As there's nothing much to offer at this end of the route
beefcake
27 Jun 2016, 8:08 pm #3,046

What exactly is in Wardley that would make me want to sit on a bus through to there? As there's nothing much to offer at this end of the route

27 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm #3,047
(27 Jun 2016, 8:08 pm)beefcake What exactly is in Wardley that would make me want to sit on a bus through to there? As there's nothing much to offer at this end of the route

Your not a wardley resident that may need the route

Best bus ever
biglugs@yahoo.com
27 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm #3,047

(27 Jun 2016, 8:08 pm)beefcake What exactly is in Wardley that would make me want to sit on a bus through to there? As there's nothing much to offer at this end of the route

Your not a wardley resident that may need the route

Best bus ever

beefcake

27 Jun 2016, 8:47 pm #3,048
Maybe not, but no Wardley resident is going to come all the way to Hartlepool when Newcastle, Metrocentre and Sunderland are all a lot closer
beefcake
27 Jun 2016, 8:47 pm #3,048

Maybe not, but no Wardley resident is going to come all the way to Hartlepool when Newcastle, Metrocentre and Sunderland are all a lot closer

Adrian

27 Jun 2016, 8:51 pm #3,049
(27 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Your not a wardley resident that may need the route

And do you really think more than 2 or 3 people (if that) per day, would use it?

When the Metrocentre and Newcastle are less than half an hour away, I can't see anyone wanting to sit on a bus for almost an hour to Dalton Park, for no where near the amount of choice.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
27 Jun 2016, 8:51 pm #3,049

(27 Jun 2016, 8:11 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Your not a wardley resident that may need the route

And do you really think more than 2 or 3 people (if that) per day, would use it?

When the Metrocentre and Newcastle are less than half an hour away, I can't see anyone wanting to sit on a bus for almost an hour to Dalton Park, for no where near the amount of choice.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Ds1197

29 Jun 2016, 10:36 pm #3,050
Services suggestion sorry if people have already suggested theses

X10 service revised to run non stop between Newcastle and Middlesbrough this services will run hourly

X36 and X7 withdrawn replaced by a revised X9 which will run Newcastle-Gateshead-Heworth-Bolden-Downhil-Southwick-Sunderland-Seaham-Peterlee-Station Town-Billingham-Norton-Stockton-Middlesbrough this service will run every 30 minutes

X21 Express Newcastle-Bishop Auckland only stopping at Durham this service will still run Every 30 minutes
New service 21A Newcastle-Bishop Auckland replacing the link for the current X21 this service will run Every 15 minutes replacing the 21 to Durham

X31 to run on Sundays giving a quick link to Stanley every 30 minutes

47 extended hourly to Consett from Black Hall Mill

Also Sundays journeys on the X10 would run via Stockton-Peterlee-Bolden-Heworth and Gateshead
Ds1197
29 Jun 2016, 10:36 pm #3,050

Services suggestion sorry if people have already suggested theses

X10 service revised to run non stop between Newcastle and Middlesbrough this services will run hourly

X36 and X7 withdrawn replaced by a revised X9 which will run Newcastle-Gateshead-Heworth-Bolden-Downhil-Southwick-Sunderland-Seaham-Peterlee-Station Town-Billingham-Norton-Stockton-Middlesbrough this service will run every 30 minutes

X21 Express Newcastle-Bishop Auckland only stopping at Durham this service will still run Every 30 minutes
New service 21A Newcastle-Bishop Auckland replacing the link for the current X21 this service will run Every 15 minutes replacing the 21 to Durham

Also Sundays journeys on the X10 would run via Stockton-Peterlee-Bolden-Heworth and Gateshead

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm #3,051
(29 Jun 2016, 10:36 pm)Ds1197 Services suggestion sorry if people have already suggested theses

That would take forever...

Both X7 and X9 currently take about 1h20-1h30, your X9 diverting through Sunderland would take well over 2 hours, going on the timing of current and previous services that go between Newcastle and Sunderland.

If I was to suggest anything myself, it would be

X8 Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-New Seaham-Dalton Park-A19-Peterlee-Billingham-Middlesbrough...Half Hourly combined with the X7

Will need to have a good think sometime, I aint had any service suggestions lately 😀

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Edited 29 Jun 2016, 11:07 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
29 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm #3,051

(29 Jun 2016, 10:36 pm)Ds1197 Services suggestion sorry if people have already suggested theses

That would take forever...

Both X7 and X9 currently take about 1h20-1h30, your X9 diverting through Sunderland would take well over 2 hours, going on the timing of current and previous services that go between Newcastle and Sunderland.

X8 Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-New Seaham-Dalton Park-A19-Peterlee-Billingham-Middlesbrough...Half Hourly combined with the X7

Will need to have a good think sometime, I aint had any service suggestions lately 😀

Ds1197

29 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm #3,052
(29 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm)MrFozz That would take forever...

Will need to have a good think sometime, I aint had any service suggestions lately ?

What about my other services suggestions?
Ds1197
29 Jun 2016, 11:25 pm #3,052

(29 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm)MrFozz That would take forever...

Will need to have a good think sometime, I aint had any service suggestions lately ?

What about my other services suggestions?

30 Jun 2016, 7:46 pm #3,053
35H Current X35 route
X6 Runs Via Current X35 route between Hartlepool & Peterlee,Then running same route as X21 Into Sunderland
Both Run Hourly PVR 7,On Sundays 35H will replace the current 35A per hour the continues to Peterlee,but will also continue to Hartlepool

X7 Extended Via X36 route into Newcastle,But Runs Non-Stop from Heworth Into Newcastle,Rebranded The Tyne,Wear & Tees Express.
remaining Hourly PVR 5

X8 New Service,running via X7 route Between Sunderland & Peterlee,before running via Current 208 route into Durham,Interworks with 265 At Durham
Both X8 & 265 Hourly PVR 6

X9/X10 Remain the Same

208 Only runs the Short Peterlee - Easington Village trip per hour,PVR 1

- More Simple numbers for Buses In/Out Of Peterlee & Brings the Express services for that area into line (Express buses to Sunderland X7/X8,To Newcastle X9/X10 (Eves + Sun) & To Middlesborough (X7/9)

- Even Quicker buses into Newcastle from Sunderland with X7 missing out Gateshead (Might not save that much time,but at least 5-10 Mins?)

- Bigger buses for X8 & 265 (Maybe Citaros if/when they become available?)

- 35H Brings it into line with the current 35/36 Services between Houghton Le Spring & Sunderland,as well as introduce a Sunday service into Hartlepool from Sunderland
callum2015
30 Jun 2016, 7:46 pm #3,053

35H Current X35 route
X6 Runs Via Current X35 route between Hartlepool & Peterlee,Then running same route as X21 Into Sunderland
Both Run Hourly PVR 7,On Sundays 35H will replace the current 35A per hour the continues to Peterlee,but will also continue to Hartlepool

X7 Extended Via X36 route into Newcastle,But Runs Non-Stop from Heworth Into Newcastle,Rebranded The Tyne,Wear & Tees Express.
remaining Hourly PVR 5

X8 New Service,running via X7 route Between Sunderland & Peterlee,before running via Current 208 route into Durham,Interworks with 265 At Durham
Both X8 & 265 Hourly PVR 6

X9/X10 Remain the Same

208 Only runs the Short Peterlee - Easington Village trip per hour,PVR 1

- More Simple numbers for Buses In/Out Of Peterlee & Brings the Express services for that area into line (Express buses to Sunderland X7/X8,To Newcastle X9/X10 (Eves + Sun) & To Middlesborough (X7/9)

- Even Quicker buses into Newcastle from Sunderland with X7 missing out Gateshead (Might not save that much time,but at least 5-10 Mins?)

- Bigger buses for X8 & 265 (Maybe Citaros if/when they become available?)

- 35H Brings it into line with the current 35/36 Services between Houghton Le Spring & Sunderland,as well as introduce a Sunday service into Hartlepool from Sunderland

Ds1197

01 Jul 2016, 3:45 pm #3,054
Washington services changes well really number and brand changes
4 still connection4
82/82A renumbered 4A/4B and would join the connections4 brand don't know about 82B maybe 4C

The evening 82/83 journeys renumbered 2E/3E but would still use connections4 buses

85/86 branded indigo Washington

X1 frequency increased between Washington and Newcastle and decreased towards Easington Lane

Slightly revised time on the 50 to give more overlay time at South Shields
Ds1197
01 Jul 2016, 3:45 pm #3,054

Washington services changes well really number and brand changes
4 still connection4
82/82A renumbered 4A/4B and would join the connections4 brand don't know about 82B maybe 4C

The evening 82/83 journeys renumbered 2E/3E but would still use connections4 buses

85/86 branded indigo Washington

X1 frequency increased between Washington and Newcastle and decreased towards Easington Lane

Slightly revised time on the 50 to give more overlay time at South Shields

Pages (153): Previous 1151 152 153

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average