Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators Northern Ireland Bus Operations

Northern Ireland Bus Operations

Northern Ireland Bus Operations

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Andreos1

10 Oct 2015, 4:26 pm #7
Sampled the Translink operation in Belfast not too long ago, the majority of which seem to be Wright bodied vehicles.
Noticed the P&R routes had Versas on them.

Because my knowledge of the NI registration system (on a score of 10 being good and 0 being bad), is 0 - I could only base my knowledge of the fleet age, to the bodies on them.
Streetdecks being brand new and Gemini 1's/Renowns being the oldest.

Managed to avoid the Streetdecks and had a go on an Alx400, Gemini 1's & 2's (one of which of the newer version, was in a bread company contravision wrap*) and a Renown.

The Gemini 2's had e-leather seating and seatbelts. No idea why the seatbelts were installed. Express work? New legislation?
The Alx400 rolled off onto Scholars work just after we got off and didn't have any installed. The windows were shot though and were half full of water!

The day ticket on offer is only £3.00/£3.50 and allows travel across the city (or wherever you dare travel to).
It uses the Oyster/Key/POP method, of placing your card onto the ticket machine.

*Just to dig up an old debate that I kept well clear of - I could see out of the window, but I couldn't focus on anything specific - particularly at speed.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Oct 2015, 4:26 pm #7

Sampled the Translink operation in Belfast not too long ago, the majority of which seem to be Wright bodied vehicles.
Noticed the P&R routes had Versas on them.

Because my knowledge of the NI registration system (on a score of 10 being good and 0 being bad), is 0 - I could only base my knowledge of the fleet age, to the bodies on them.
Streetdecks being brand new and Gemini 1's/Renowns being the oldest.

Managed to avoid the Streetdecks and had a go on an Alx400, Gemini 1's & 2's (one of which of the newer version, was in a bread company contravision wrap*) and a Renown.

The Gemini 2's had e-leather seating and seatbelts. No idea why the seatbelts were installed. Express work? New legislation?
The Alx400 rolled off onto Scholars work just after we got off and didn't have any installed. The windows were shot though and were half full of water!

The day ticket on offer is only £3.00/£3.50 and allows travel across the city (or wherever you dare travel to).
It uses the Oyster/Key/POP method, of placing your card onto the ticket machine.

*Just to dig up an old debate that I kept well clear of - I could see out of the window, but I couldn't focus on anything specific - particularly at speed.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Messages In This Thread
Northern Ireland Bus Operations - by Andreos1 - 21 Nov 2013, 8:54 pm
RE: Translink - by Adam - 21 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm
RE: Translink - by Andreos1 - 21 Nov 2013, 10:18 pm
RE: Translink - by Adam - 21 Nov 2013, 10:51 pm
RE: Northern Ireland Bus Operations - by Dan - 16 Apr 2014, 10:36 pm
RE: Northern Ireland Bus Operations - by Andreos1 - 06 May 2014, 4:20 pm
RE: Northern Ireland Bus Operations - by Andreos1 - 10 Oct 2015, 4:26 pm
RE: Northern Ireland Bus Operations - by NK53 TKT - 18 Nov 2015, 6:33 pm
RE: Northern Ireland Bus Operations - by Andreos1 - 18 Nov 2015, 7:37 pm