Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators County Durham Independents SB Travel (includes JSB Travel)

SB Travel (includes JSB Travel)

SB Travel (includes JSB Travel)

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Jimmi

02 Sep 2014, 12:57 pm #21
The JSB 116 served the whole of Newton Aycliffe this afternoon, wish I had my camera so I could catch this incredibly rare sight. Little wonder they appear to be losing the Aycliffe Town Services.
Jimmi
02 Sep 2014, 12:57 pm #21

The JSB 116 served the whole of Newton Aycliffe this afternoon, wish I had my camera so I could catch this incredibly rare sight. Little wonder they appear to be losing the Aycliffe Town Services.

02 Sep 2014, 1:26 pm #22
(02 Sep 2014, 12:57 pm)Jimmi The JSB 116 served the whole of Newton Aycliffe this afternoon, wish I had my camera so I could catch this incredibly rare sight. Little wonder they appear to be losing the Aycliffe Town Services.

Hope weardale get them cause Be good to see them get more probz do route like it meant to run

Jmoss
jaimz13
02 Sep 2014, 1:26 pm #22

(02 Sep 2014, 12:57 pm)Jimmi The JSB 116 served the whole of Newton Aycliffe this afternoon, wish I had my camera so I could catch this incredibly rare sight. Little wonder they appear to be losing the Aycliffe Town Services.

Hope weardale get them cause Be good to see them get more probz do route like it meant to run

Jmoss

Jimmi

02 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm #23
(02 Sep 2014, 1:26 pm)jaimz13 Hope weardale get them cause Be good to see them get more probz do route like it meant to run

The 116 will only work if the route and timetable is sorted out as the timetable is impossible to keep to because it is so slack. I would like it if Weardale took over the services or Scarlet Band as they previously operated the 16 to Newton Aycliffe.
Jimmi
02 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm #23

(02 Sep 2014, 1:26 pm)jaimz13 Hope weardale get them cause Be good to see them get more probz do route like it meant to run

The 116 will only work if the route and timetable is sorted out as the timetable is impossible to keep to because it is so slack. I would like it if Weardale took over the services or Scarlet Band as they previously operated the 16 to Newton Aycliffe.

02 Sep 2014, 2:21 pm #24
(02 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm)Jimmi The 116 will only work if the route and timetable is sorted out as the timetable is impossible to keep to because it is so slack. I would like it if Weardale took over the services or Scarlet Band as they previously operated the 16 to Newton Aycliffe.

Yeah be nice to see Scarlet band do it id like to see Weardale do it and buy one of their solos off them

Jmoss
jaimz13
02 Sep 2014, 2:21 pm #24

(02 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm)Jimmi The 116 will only work if the route and timetable is sorted out as the timetable is impossible to keep to because it is so slack. I would like it if Weardale took over the services or Scarlet Band as they previously operated the 16 to Newton Aycliffe.

Yeah be nice to see Scarlet band do it id like to see Weardale do it and buy one of their solos off them

Jmoss

02 Sep 2014, 2:28 pm #25
Anyone no where I can find timetable for 19-18 aycliffe service

Jmoss
jaimz13
02 Sep 2014, 2:28 pm #25

Anyone no where I can find timetable for 19-18 aycliffe service

Jmoss

02 Sep 2014, 2:31 pm #26
(02 Sep 2014, 2:28 pm)jaimz13 Anyone no where I can find timetable for 19-18 aycliffe service

Go to Google and type in "durham pindar", there's a link somewhere on there
stueybish
02 Sep 2014, 2:31 pm #26

(02 Sep 2014, 2:28 pm)jaimz13 Anyone no where I can find timetable for 19-18 aycliffe service

Go to Google and type in "durham pindar", there's a link somewhere on there

Jimmi

02 Sep 2014, 2:57 pm #27

The 19 was renumbered to 17 back in 2011 which I think was because the Arriva 19 (later operated by Scarlet Band) used to extend to Newton Aycliffe on weekday mornings.

Sometimes they still drive around the town with 19 on the display.
Edited 02 Sep 2014, 2:58 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
02 Sep 2014, 2:57 pm #27

The 19 was renumbered to 17 back in 2011 which I think was because the Arriva 19 (later operated by Scarlet Band) used to extend to Newton Aycliffe on weekday mornings.

02 Sep 2014, 4:10 pm #28
(02 Sep 2014, 2:57 pm)Jimmi The 19 was renumbered to 17 back in 2011 which I think was because the Arriva 19 (later operated by Scarlet Band) used to extend to Newton Aycliffe on weekday mornings.

I see thank you guys

Jmoss
jaimz13
02 Sep 2014, 4:10 pm #28

(02 Sep 2014, 2:57 pm)Jimmi The 19 was renumbered to 17 back in 2011 which I think was because the Arriva 19 (later operated by Scarlet Band) used to extend to Newton Aycliffe on weekday mornings.

I see thank you guys

Jmoss

Jimmi

02 Sep 2014, 7:08 pm #29
There was rumors that the 17/18 were going to be withdrawn last year.

http://www.newtonnews.co.uk/jsb-end-bus-route/

I also heard a rumour a while back from someone who lived in School Aycliffe saying that the 116 was going to be merged with the 17/18 and only run as far as School Aycliffe and no longer serve Heighington.
Jimmi
02 Sep 2014, 7:08 pm #29

There was rumors that the 17/18 were going to be withdrawn last year.

http://www.newtonnews.co.uk/jsb-end-bus-route/

I also heard a rumour a while back from someone who lived in School Aycliffe saying that the 116 was going to be merged with the 17/18 and only run as far as School Aycliffe and no longer serve Heighington.

Jimmi

09 Sep 2014, 1:33 pm #30
SERVICE 116 DIDN'T SERVE MY PART OF TOWN, YET AGAIN!!!

Roll on October when they will no longer be operating these town services especially as I think Durham County Council support these services!

Anyone know if a new operator is taking over these services and if so who?
Jimmi
09 Sep 2014, 1:33 pm #30

SERVICE 116 DIDN'T SERVE MY PART OF TOWN, YET AGAIN!!!

Roll on October when they will no longer be operating these town services especially as I think Durham County Council support these services!

Anyone know if a new operator is taking over these services and if so who?

Jimmi

24 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm #31
I see the 17, 18 and 116 are being show as withdrawn from the end of October, is this true?

I was going to take some photos of their Aycliffe Town services this afternoon and the first thing I saw was the 17 coming back from Cobblers Hall running over 15 minutes late - how the hell do you rack up a 15 minute delay on this service WTF are you doing does it seriously take you over 30 minutes to get to Cobblers Hall and back, seriously what are you doing.

Then for the 116 - why drive round the Dandy Cart and Stephenson Way when you can sit at Greenwell Road for 20 minutes, I actually rode a Heighington bound 116 round the town this afternoon and in typical fashion the driver of the 116 and 17/18 were not dressed very smart and as got past Cobblers Hall the driver started to blast out some Clubland style noise which I'm sure the old woman who were onboard are massive fans of.

I hope they don't run all their services like they run these services and if they do I hope they lose there other services.

It is also worrying to see notices on their bus stating "bus passes must be shown by order of DCC" which to me implies that they been in trouble with people not showing passes.

I will not really be sad to see these services go, but I will feel sorry for the elderly and disabled passengers who will be left with no bus service come the end of October.
Jimmi
24 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm #31

I see the 17, 18 and 116 are being show as withdrawn from the end of October, is this true?

I was going to take some photos of their Aycliffe Town services this afternoon and the first thing I saw was the 17 coming back from Cobblers Hall running over 15 minutes late - how the hell do you rack up a 15 minute delay on this service WTF are you doing does it seriously take you over 30 minutes to get to Cobblers Hall and back, seriously what are you doing.

Then for the 116 - why drive round the Dandy Cart and Stephenson Way when you can sit at Greenwell Road for 20 minutes, I actually rode a Heighington bound 116 round the town this afternoon and in typical fashion the driver of the 116 and 17/18 were not dressed very smart and as got past Cobblers Hall the driver started to blast out some Clubland style noise which I'm sure the old woman who were onboard are massive fans of.

I hope they don't run all their services like they run these services and if they do I hope they lose there other services.

It is also worrying to see notices on their bus stating "bus passes must be shown by order of DCC" which to me implies that they been in trouble with people not showing passes.

I will not really be sad to see these services go, but I will feel sorry for the elderly and disabled passengers who will be left with no bus service come the end of October.

Jimmi

03 Oct 2014, 10:45 am #32
Only 3 weeks left to go now for the 17/18/116.

Don't suppose anyone knows whether Newton Aycliffe will still have a town bus service after this date and if so who will be operating it?
Jimmi
03 Oct 2014, 10:45 am #32

Only 3 weeks left to go now for the 17/18/116.

Don't suppose anyone knows whether Newton Aycliffe will still have a town bus service after this date and if so who will be operating it?

Jimmi

16 Oct 2014, 3:07 pm #33
Following the withdrawal of the Arriva service 87, SB Travel will now be operating earlier and later journeys on services 108/109 from October 26th.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt2/108_109.pdf
Jimmi
16 Oct 2014, 3:07 pm #33

Following the withdrawal of the Arriva service 87, SB Travel will now be operating earlier and later journeys on services 108/109 from October 26th.

16 Oct 2014, 3:57 pm #34
What happening to the buses they have cause don't need all 6 buses

Jmoss
jaimz13
16 Oct 2014, 3:57 pm #34

What happening to the buses they have cause don't need all 6 buses

Jmoss

tyresmoke

16 Oct 2014, 11:18 pm #35
(16 Oct 2014, 3:07 pm)Jimmi Following the withdrawal of the Arriva service 87, SB Travel will now be operating earlier and later journeys on services 108/109 from October 26th.

Just a straight swap of contracts with Arriva for the evening 6s, prior to them seeing some investment next year.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
16 Oct 2014, 11:18 pm #35

(16 Oct 2014, 3:07 pm)Jimmi Following the withdrawal of the Arriva service 87, SB Travel will now be operating earlier and later journeys on services 108/109 from October 26th.

Just a straight swap of contracts with Arriva for the evening 6s, prior to them seeing some investment next year.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Jimmi

23 Oct 2014, 10:19 am #36
Tomorrow is the last day of the Newton Aycliffe Town Services 17/18/116 Smile

THANK GOD! I thought I'd get some photos of the services today before they are withdrawn and that turned out well, got some photos of the 17/116 on Burn Lane then I went onto Westmorland Way got get another photo of the 17 as no buses will be going down there after tomorrow, I waited until about 1025 for it to come back and then gave up (was due back at the Town Centre at 1015!).

These services are a (word I can't say in this thread) joke, its totally pathetic, could the reason why the new 17 won't be serving Westmorland Way because of low passenger numbers and could those low passenger numbers be because they were stood there 15 minutes waiting for the bus and it hasn't turned up. I even spotted the bus parked in the Tesco Extra car park before so it seems their shopping is more important than their passengers,.

It often seems to be running late too, I know the 116 timetable is impossible to keep to, but how the hell can you rack up a delay of over 15 minutes on the 17/18.

Also there is the issue of missing parts of the route out and even dropping whole journeys, this often happened on the 116 as they'd often stop on Greenwell Road and not do the journey via Pease Way, Williamfield Way and Stephenson Way and would often just sit there until it was time to go back to Heighington.

I have seen a driver driving around town with the doors open and what would happen if a passenger was stood at the front of the bus and the driver had to brake suddenly and the passengers lose grip on the handrail and ends up falling out through the open doors into the road (I know this is a long shot but it could happen).

Also how can we tell which bus is which when you set the destination to JSB Travel and where its going.

I'm glad JSB Travel will no longer be a cancer on Newton Aycliffe and I hope the new Town Service operated by The Eden will be better than the shambolic operation of these services in days of late.

Now to quote a Steam / Bananarama song:
Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Goodbye
Jimmi
23 Oct 2014, 10:19 am #36

Tomorrow is the last day of the Newton Aycliffe Town Services 17/18/116 Smile

THANK GOD! I thought I'd get some photos of the services today before they are withdrawn and that turned out well, got some photos of the 17/116 on Burn Lane then I went onto Westmorland Way got get another photo of the 17 as no buses will be going down there after tomorrow, I waited until about 1025 for it to come back and then gave up (was due back at the Town Centre at 1015!).

These services are a (word I can't say in this thread) joke, its totally pathetic, could the reason why the new 17 won't be serving Westmorland Way because of low passenger numbers and could those low passenger numbers be because they were stood there 15 minutes waiting for the bus and it hasn't turned up. I even spotted the bus parked in the Tesco Extra car park before so it seems their shopping is more important than their passengers,.

It often seems to be running late too, I know the 116 timetable is impossible to keep to, but how the hell can you rack up a delay of over 15 minutes on the 17/18.

Also there is the issue of missing parts of the route out and even dropping whole journeys, this often happened on the 116 as they'd often stop on Greenwell Road and not do the journey via Pease Way, Williamfield Way and Stephenson Way and would often just sit there until it was time to go back to Heighington.

I have seen a driver driving around town with the doors open and what would happen if a passenger was stood at the front of the bus and the driver had to brake suddenly and the passengers lose grip on the handrail and ends up falling out through the open doors into the road (I know this is a long shot but it could happen).

Also how can we tell which bus is which when you set the destination to JSB Travel and where its going.

I'm glad JSB Travel will no longer be a cancer on Newton Aycliffe and I hope the new Town Service operated by The Eden will be better than the shambolic operation of these services in days of late.

Now to quote a Steam / Bananarama song:
Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Goodbye

NK05 GWZ

Scania OmniCity CN94UB

17 Dec 2014, 10:23 am #37
I'm extrememly surprised at what you have said Jimmi as my experience of them has been fantastic when they operated the 52 Durham-East Hedleyhope. The drivers were always proffesional and friendly, knew the manager well too and was quite happy telling you everything about the company when asked.

Also, SB Travel have now given V470 GBF to The Eden of West Auckland.
http://northerntransport.zenfolio.com/p7...#h2d92e09c
NK05 GWZ
17 Dec 2014, 10:23 am #37

I'm extrememly surprised at what you have said Jimmi as my experience of them has been fantastic when they operated the 52 Durham-East Hedleyhope. The drivers were always proffesional and friendly, knew the manager well too and was quite happy telling you everything about the company when asked.

Also, SB Travel have now given V470 GBF to The Eden of West Auckland.
http://northerntransport.zenfolio.com/p7...#h2d92e09c

Jimmi

17 Dec 2014, 11:26 am #38
My burning issue with the Aycliffe Towns was the 116 which they took over from Central Coaches after it failed to operate as a commercial service. The route was Heighington - Aycliffe Town Centre but before heading back to Heighington there was a circular journey round the town which I live on part of that route and it was frequently missed out especially on an afternoon with the driver often pulling up at the start point for the Heighington journey and sitting there until departure time.

Also around the time they lost the contract for service 7 from Spenny - Shildon I rode the service to Shildon at school time and upon arrival in Coundon there was some parents questioning why the bus hadn't turned up that morning and all the driver could say who the driver was.
Jimmi
17 Dec 2014, 11:26 am #38

My burning issue with the Aycliffe Towns was the 116 which they took over from Central Coaches after it failed to operate as a commercial service. The route was Heighington - Aycliffe Town Centre but before heading back to Heighington there was a circular journey round the town which I live on part of that route and it was frequently missed out especially on an afternoon with the driver often pulling up at the start point for the Heighington journey and sitting there until departure time.

Also around the time they lost the contract for service 7 from Spenny - Shildon I rode the service to Shildon at school time and upon arrival in Coundon there was some parents questioning why the bus hadn't turned up that morning and all the driver could say who the driver was.

Jimmi

21 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm #39
PB0003982/20 - JOHN JAMES BRUNSKILL & SHARON BRUNSKILL T/A JSB TRAVEL / S & S TRAVEL, 13 HILLSIDE ROAD, COUNDON, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL14 8LS

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland bus station and Bedburn Drive given service number 9 effective from 13-Jan-2015. To amend Route and Stopping Places.

Going to hazard a guess its related to the roadworks in Bishop Auckland.
Jimmi
21 Jan 2015, 12:26 pm #39

PB0003982/20 - JOHN JAMES BRUNSKILL & SHARON BRUNSKILL T/A JSB TRAVEL / S & S TRAVEL, 13 HILLSIDE ROAD, COUNDON, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL14 8LS

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland bus station and Bedburn Drive given service number 9 effective from 13-Jan-2015. To amend Route and Stopping Places.

Going to hazard a guess its related to the roadworks in Bishop Auckland.

BUSFAN

01 Feb 2015, 1:52 pm #40
They had a Dennis\Alexander 200 on the Bishop-to Oakenshaw service yesterday must have just been adding it to the fleet.
BUSFAN
01 Feb 2015, 1:52 pm #40

They had a Dennis\Alexander 200 on the Bishop-to Oakenshaw service yesterday must have just been adding it to the fleet.

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average