Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat The drink...how much do you drink

The drink...how much do you drink

The drink...how much do you drink

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gtom

Banned

28 Nov 2013, 5:30 pm #1
Now being aware some of you folks are underage (not that it makes much difference these days!)

I'm interested in how much everyone knocks back the demon booze in their spare time!

Have to say, I'm well over the Government's limit. I work a lot from home and end up doing 60 hour weeks (though being mobile makes it less taxing as if I was office attached) and attend a lot of business lunches.

I looked at the past year and worked out I've been having on average, a bottle of wine a day. Now I know that isn't good but I don't consider myself an alcoholic. I don't drink during the day, I'm not dependent and can happily go without but its become almost routine!

So, NEB Forumers....fancy a pint? Big Grin
gtom
28 Nov 2013, 5:30 pm #1

Now being aware some of you folks are underage (not that it makes much difference these days!)

I'm interested in how much everyone knocks back the demon booze in their spare time!

Have to say, I'm well over the Government's limit. I work a lot from home and end up doing 60 hour weeks (though being mobile makes it less taxing as if I was office attached) and attend a lot of business lunches.

I looked at the past year and worked out I've been having on average, a bottle of wine a day. Now I know that isn't good but I don't consider myself an alcoholic. I don't drink during the day, I'm not dependent and can happily go without but its become almost routine!

So, NEB Forumers....fancy a pint? Big Grin

Adam

28 Nov 2013, 6:32 pm #2
I'm turned 18 last month so I can drink legally (yay!) I'm regularly partying with friends, whether it be their 18ths or just a random house party or a night out on the town and so on, so I do drink occasionally at weekends. Only downside is that I am a bit of a lightweight Undecided
Adam
28 Nov 2013, 6:32 pm #2

I'm turned 18 last month so I can drink legally (yay!) I'm regularly partying with friends, whether it be their 18ths or just a random house party or a night out on the town and so on, so I do drink occasionally at weekends. Only downside is that I am a bit of a lightweight Undecided

Adrian

28 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm #3
Hardly drink at all these days. Only if I'm out with friends and we're at a pub or restaurant. Dread to think what damage all the Special Brew, Metz, and MD 20 20 done to me when I was a scholar Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm #3

Hardly drink at all these days. Only if I'm out with friends and we're at a pub or restaurant. Dread to think what damage all the Special Brew, Metz, and MD 20 20 done to me when I was a scholar Smile

Andreos1

28 Nov 2013, 7:06 pm #4
No idea, but it changes on a week to week basis - depending on where I am at and what I am upto.

The types of alcohol varies too - lager, beer and if I am having a nice meal, wine.
On a night out with my mates, then the odd spirit shot may be consumed.
Although none of that isn't set in stone.

I find after a long day at work/travelling I tend to consume more than if working from home, office or on a family holiday etc.

Genuinely can't remember the last time I was rolling drunk, although it did happen a few times in my youth.
I won't bother sharing or boring you with any stories though...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
28 Nov 2013, 7:06 pm #4

No idea, but it changes on a week to week basis - depending on where I am at and what I am upto.

The types of alcohol varies too - lager, beer and if I am having a nice meal, wine.
On a night out with my mates, then the odd spirit shot may be consumed.
Although none of that isn't set in stone.

I find after a long day at work/travelling I tend to consume more than if working from home, office or on a family holiday etc.

Genuinely can't remember the last time I was rolling drunk, although it did happen a few times in my youth.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

28 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm #5
Speed Drinking used to be my the Pièce de résistance...

Used to make a canny wedge speed drinking around Durham, I could take 50 notes out and come home 100% richer...

I could sink a pint in 2 seconds and my speciaility is that I can drink an alcopop quicker than most drinking a pint...

These days I rarely drink, only on special occassions or holidays
MrFozz
28 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm #5

Speed Drinking used to be my the Pièce de résistance...

Used to make a canny wedge speed drinking around Durham, I could take 50 notes out and come home 100% richer...

I could sink a pint in 2 seconds and my speciaility is that I can drink an alcopop quicker than most drinking a pint...

These days I rarely drink, only on special occassions or holidays

Adrian

28 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm #6
(28 Nov 2013, 7:06 pm)andreos1 Genuinely can't remember the last time I was rolling drunk, although it did happen a few times in my youth.

Back when Pzazz done £10 in all you can drink on a Friday night Big Grin

Adrian
28 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm #6

(28 Nov 2013, 7:06 pm)andreos1 Genuinely can't remember the last time I was rolling drunk, although it did happen a few times in my youth.

Back when Pzazz done £10 in all you can drink on a Friday night Big Grin

Andreos1

28 Nov 2013, 7:31 pm #7
(28 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm)aureolin Back when Pzazz done £10 in all you can drink on a Friday night Big Grin

Pzazz?
Pfft.
Chambers was the only place worth going to in Sunderland!
They had the likes of Danny Rampling, Judge Jules and others dj'ing there, including Ingrid who is now a cover presenter on Radio Newcastle! (it must have been when she was trying to re-invent herself after getting the boot from Metro)

Andreos1
28 Nov 2013, 7:31 pm #7

(28 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm)aureolin Back when Pzazz done £10 in all you can drink on a Friday night Big Grin

Pzazz?
Pfft.
Chambers was the only place worth going to in Sunderland!
They had the likes of Danny Rampling, Judge Jules and others dj'ing there, including Ingrid who is now a cover presenter on Radio Newcastle! (it must have been when she was trying to re-invent herself after getting the boot from Metro)

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

28 Nov 2013, 7:35 pm #8

Pzazz, theres a blast from the past, got barred for life from there on 2001 for arguing with a bouncer wbo bumped into me and knocked 2 pints I was carrying, the bouncer was having none of it that he soaked me, so I got stroppy, I think the life ban came because I threatened to burn the place down, called them Little Hitlers and told them to fuck off back to the Third Reich where they would fit in nice with Gestapo and Waffen-SS...

I also got a short term ban frpm Idols and Anabels(think its that) I was being refused a lot for being too drunk, but I knew the fire exit was not alarmed so my pals opened the back door for me to get in, I got caught after 3 or 4 times and got a 3 month ban

Who remembers Privilige above Brogans, Monday Night was pay a tenner and get free drink all night, I coildnt say how many times I barely made it home after that place
MrFozz
28 Nov 2013, 7:35 pm #8

Pzazz, theres a blast from the past, got barred for life from there on 2001 for arguing with a bouncer wbo bumped into me and knocked 2 pints I was carrying, the bouncer was having none of it that he soaked me, so I got stroppy, I think the life ban came because I threatened to burn the place down, called them Little Hitlers and told them to fuck off back to the Third Reich where they would fit in nice with Gestapo and Waffen-SS...

I also got a short term ban frpm Idols and Anabels(think its that) I was being refused a lot for being too drunk, but I knew the fire exit was not alarmed so my pals opened the back door for me to get in, I got caught after 3 or 4 times and got a 3 month ban

Who remembers Privilige above Brogans, Monday Night was pay a tenner and get free drink all night, I coildnt say how many times I barely made it home after that place

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average