Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Suggestions

Suggestions

Suggestions

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (11) Previous 1 2 3 411 Next
17 Oct 2013, 10:49 pm #41
Any Chance the Buses elsewhere Section could be moved so it comes after North East Buses? would fit in better that way we think
Terence Price
17 Oct 2013, 10:49 pm #41

Any Chance the Buses elsewhere Section could be moved so it comes after North East Buses? would fit in better that way we think

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Oct 2013, 6:03 am #42
(17 Oct 2013, 10:49 pm)Terence Price Any Chance the Buses elsewhere Section could be moved so it comes after North East Buses? would fit in better that way we think

It's easily done - what does everyone elae think?
Dan
18 Oct 2013, 6:03 am #42

(17 Oct 2013, 10:49 pm)Terence Price Any Chance the Buses elsewhere Section could be moved so it comes after North East Buses? would fit in better that way we think

It's easily done - what does everyone elae think?

Adrian

18 Oct 2013, 12:24 pm #43
(18 Oct 2013, 6:03 am)Dan It's easily done - what does everyone elae think?

Makes sense. It's certainly more active than the other forms of transport forums.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
18 Oct 2013, 12:24 pm #43

(18 Oct 2013, 6:03 am)Dan It's easily done - what does everyone elae think?

Makes sense. It's certainly more active than the other forms of transport forums.

19 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm #44
is this idea going to be done or dropped?
Terence Price
19 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm #44

is this idea going to be done or dropped?

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Oct 2013, 10:20 pm #45
(19 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm)Terence Price is this idea going to be done or dropped?

I'm not at home. I will fobit latwr
Dan
19 Oct 2013, 10:20 pm #45

(19 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm)Terence Price is this idea going to be done or dropped?

I'm not at home. I will fobit latwr

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Oct 2013, 8:19 am #46
(19 Oct 2013, 10:20 pm)Dan I'm not at home. I will fobit latwr

Ignore the spelling...
I've updated the forum order so that "Bus Scene Elsewhere" appears below "Local Bus Scene".

Big Grin
Dan
20 Oct 2013, 8:19 am #46

(19 Oct 2013, 10:20 pm)Dan I'm not at home. I will fobit latwr

Ignore the spelling...
I've updated the forum order so that "Bus Scene Elsewhere" appears below "Local Bus Scene".

Big Grin

20 Oct 2013, 11:15 am #47
(20 Oct 2013, 8:19 am)Dan Ignore the spelling...

Big Grin

Cheers! Looks great now Smile
Terence Price
20 Oct 2013, 11:15 am #47

(20 Oct 2013, 8:19 am)Dan Ignore the spelling...

Big Grin

Cheers! Looks great now Smile

23 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm #48
Can a Buses of the Past Section and a Bus Preservation Section please be added to the Bus Elsewhere Band please, theres a story i want to update people on and follow you see, cheers
Terence Price
23 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm #48

Can a Buses of the Past Section and a Bus Preservation Section please be added to the Bus Elsewhere Band please, theres a story i want to update people on and follow you see, cheers

23 Oct 2013, 11:10 pm #49
any chance the above can be done?
Terence Price
23 Oct 2013, 11:10 pm #49

any chance the above can be done?

Adrian

24 Oct 2013, 6:20 pm #50
(23 Oct 2013, 11:10 pm)Terence Price any chance the above can be done?

I don't know what the others think? but I'd personally say it's not feasible at present. It makes the site look quiet if there's a load of forums with one or two threads in each of them. If there was the potential of loads and loads of content to be submitted to the areas (like the North East one) then it wouldn't be a problem. Until then though, I'd suggest creating the thread within one of the two existing forums.

Adrian
24 Oct 2013, 6:20 pm #50

(23 Oct 2013, 11:10 pm)Terence Price any chance the above can be done?

I don't know what the others think? but I'd personally say it's not feasible at present. It makes the site look quiet if there's a load of forums with one or two threads in each of them. If there was the potential of loads and loads of content to be submitted to the areas (like the North East one) then it wouldn't be a problem. Until then though, I'd suggest creating the thread within one of the two existing forums.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm #51
(24 Oct 2013, 6:20 pm)aureolin I don't know what the others think? but I'd personally say it's not feasible at present. It makes the site look quiet if there's a load of forums with one or two threads in each of them. If there was the potential of loads and loads of content to be submitted to the areas (like the North East one) then it wouldn't be a problem. Until then though, I'd suggest creating the thread within one of the two existing forums.

That's the reason why Brandon shut down the "Bygone Era: Elsewhere" section.
Of course we have the off-topic bus chat section which is suitable for now.

I usually allocate an allotted time for NEB updates during half term holidays, but as I'm away at Paris for this one, I won't be able to achieve some updates to some of the site's features as I had originally intended. The Bygone Era was certainly on my list though, so it is a shame.
Dan
24 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm #51

(24 Oct 2013, 6:20 pm)aureolin I don't know what the others think? but I'd personally say it's not feasible at present. It makes the site look quiet if there's a load of forums with one or two threads in each of them. If there was the potential of loads and loads of content to be submitted to the areas (like the North East one) then it wouldn't be a problem. Until then though, I'd suggest creating the thread within one of the two existing forums.

That's the reason why Brandon shut down the "Bygone Era: Elsewhere" section.

I usually allocate an allotted time for NEB updates during half term holidays, but as I'm away at Paris for this one, I won't be able to achieve some updates to some of the site's features as I had originally intended. The Bygone Era was certainly on my list though, so it is a shame.

cbma06

24 Oct 2013, 6:44 pm #52
(24 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm)Dan That's the reason why Brandon shut down the "Bygone Era: Elsewhere" section.

Brandon did a good job on the bygone era, but theres still loads of old timetables content to be uploaded to the site from the server, he shut down the by gone era elsewhere as there wasn't much content to put in there, and as l had a load of content to be put on the site, I think Brandon just focused on the NorthEast content.

Bring Brandon back so the bygone era can be sorted. :s
Edited 24 Oct 2013, 6:50 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
24 Oct 2013, 6:44 pm #52

(24 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm)Dan That's the reason why Brandon shut down the "Bygone Era: Elsewhere" section.

Brandon did a good job on the bygone era, but theres still loads of old timetables content to be uploaded to the site from the server, he shut down the by gone era elsewhere as there wasn't much content to put in there, and as l had a load of content to be put on the site, I think Brandon just focused on the NorthEast content.

Bring Brandon back so the bygone era can be sorted. :s

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Oct 2013, 6:48 pm #53
(24 Oct 2013, 6:44 pm)cbma06 Brandon did a good job on the bygone era, but theres still loads of old timetables content to be uploaded to the site from the server.

I've said before Chris, just drop me a PM every now and again with a list of things I need to upload and I'll do that batch. I'm no Brandon, but I can try!
As it wasn't ever my section, I really don't know how far it progressed and such. With the fleet news/lists, I update them bi-weekly on my free day (Sunday). It's a lot easier for me to keep a track on features that were implemented by me because I know what I'm doing Wink
Dan
24 Oct 2013, 6:48 pm #53

(24 Oct 2013, 6:44 pm)cbma06 Brandon did a good job on the bygone era, but theres still loads of old timetables content to be uploaded to the site from the server.

I've said before Chris, just drop me a PM every now and again with a list of things I need to upload and I'll do that batch. I'm no Brandon, but I can try!
As it wasn't ever my section, I really don't know how far it progressed and such. With the fleet news/lists, I update them bi-weekly on my free day (Sunday). It's a lot easier for me to keep a track on features that were implemented by me because I know what I'm doing Wink

cbma06

24 Oct 2013, 7:04 pm #54
(24 Oct 2013, 6:48 pm)Dan I've said before Chris, just drop me a PM every now and again with a list of things I need to upload and I'll do that batch. I'm no Brandon, but I can try!

Im no wizard on the tech side of the websites etc.. Angel

There was loads on the server that I just put on before Brandon departed, don't know how far he got processing the content as he was re changing the layout on the website so the content will be more readable to the members. Cant even remember what most of the content was now lol, I know I was re doing the folders so the content was split so downloading the content would be quicker.

I know the last thing I scanned was the 1967 United Timetable booklet for United bus services between Scotland and Yorkshire.

You need a member of the forum to be the bygone era person to take over what Brandon was doing.

Am not the person though Big Grin

cbma06
24 Oct 2013, 7:04 pm #54

(24 Oct 2013, 6:48 pm)Dan I've said before Chris, just drop me a PM every now and again with a list of things I need to upload and I'll do that batch. I'm no Brandon, but I can try!

Im no wizard on the tech side of the websites etc.. Angel

There was loads on the server that I just put on before Brandon departed, don't know how far he got processing the content as he was re changing the layout on the website so the content will be more readable to the members. Cant even remember what most of the content was now lol, I know I was re doing the folders so the content was split so downloading the content would be quicker.

I know the last thing I scanned was the 1967 United Timetable booklet for United bus services between Scotland and Yorkshire.

You need a member of the forum to be the bygone era person to take over what Brandon was doing.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm #55
(24 Oct 2013, 7:04 pm)cbma06 Im no wizard on the tech side of the websites etc.. Angel

I did actually discuss that one with Brandon.
I'm sure I hinted at it to the member in question too, but can't remember now.
Dan
24 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm #55

(24 Oct 2013, 7:04 pm)cbma06 Im no wizard on the tech side of the websites etc.. Angel

I did actually discuss that one with Brandon.
I'm sure I hinted at it to the member in question too, but can't remember now.

15 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm #56
Now that the Users online information at the bottom is now showing users online in the last 15 mins rather than 60 mins its making the forum look quiet, should it not be put back up to every 60 mins?
Terence Price
15 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm #56

Now that the Users online information at the bottom is now showing users online in the last 15 mins rather than 60 mins its making the forum look quiet, should it not be put back up to every 60 mins?

Adrian

15 Nov 2013, 2:46 pm #57
(15 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm)Terence Price Now that the Users online information at the bottom is now showing users online in the last 15 mins rather than 60 mins its making the forum look quiet, should it not be put back up to every 60 mins?

It also gives a more accurate picture of what's happening. Having more users showing (incorrectly) online but only a few posts would make potential users think people don't contribute much.

Adrian
15 Nov 2013, 2:46 pm #57

(15 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm)Terence Price Now that the Users online information at the bottom is now showing users online in the last 15 mins rather than 60 mins its making the forum look quiet, should it not be put back up to every 60 mins?

It also gives a more accurate picture of what's happening. Having more users showing (incorrectly) online but only a few posts would make potential users think people don't contribute much.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Nov 2013, 7:33 pm #58
We're trying out a number of things at the moment, primarily because of the reason aureolin stated above - you'll notice that number jumping around a lot, but it should be kept relatively low now that we're spam-free.
Dan
15 Nov 2013, 7:33 pm #58

We're trying out a number of things at the moment, primarily because of the reason aureolin stated above - you'll notice that number jumping around a lot, but it should be kept relatively low now that we're spam-free.

16 Nov 2013, 9:33 am #59
Ok Cheers.
Terence Price
16 Nov 2013, 9:33 am #59

Ok Cheers.

17 Nov 2013, 6:37 am #60
Hi i want to bring the Idea of Starting an archive Section for 2 North West counties Merseyside and Greater Manchester, we can kick it of as i got a paper copy of The Christmas Period Bus Services from last year and am sure i got a few older Timetables around, whats your thoughts?
Terence Price
17 Nov 2013, 6:37 am #60

Hi i want to bring the Idea of Starting an archive Section for 2 North West counties Merseyside and Greater Manchester, we can kick it of as i got a paper copy of The Christmas Period Bus Services from last year and am sure i got a few older Timetables around, whats your thoughts?

Pages (11) Previous 1 2 3 411 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average