Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What makes your Christmas?

What makes your Christmas?

What makes your Christmas?

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm #21
(24 Dec 2013, 10:45 am)andreos1 Will be gid busy today, so incase I forget or don't get a chance - Merry Christmas to you all (even eezypeazy)!

Hopefully Santa is good and brings all you asked for.

As long as get my new camera, I will be happy...Tongue Nah Seriously, I hope for good health to us all, Merry Xmas to you and Mrs Andreos and little Andreos' if ya have anh Big Grin

(24 Dec 2013, 11:04 am)Dan Merry Christmas! Smile

Same to you Dan, hope Santa is good to you, hope u been a good boy this year hahaha, All the best
MrFozz
24 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm #21

(24 Dec 2013, 10:45 am)andreos1 Will be gid busy today, so incase I forget or don't get a chance - Merry Christmas to you all (even eezypeazy)!

Hopefully Santa is good and brings all you asked for.

As long as get my new camera, I will be happy...Tongue Nah Seriously, I hope for good health to us all, Merry Xmas to you and Mrs Andreos and little Andreos' if ya have anh Big Grin

(24 Dec 2013, 11:04 am)Dan Merry Christmas! Smile

Same to you Dan, hope Santa is good to you, hope u been a good boy this year hahaha, All the best

CatsFast101

Unregistered

24 Dec 2013, 9:06 pm #22
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow and thoughout the festive season.
CatsFast101
24 Dec 2013, 9:06 pm #22

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow and thoughout the festive season.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Dec 2013, 9:33 pm #23
[Image: 11537472693_48e9f5595f_z.jpg]
Dan
24 Dec 2013, 9:33 pm #23

[Image: 11537472693_48e9f5595f_z.jpg]

24 Dec 2013, 10:05 pm #24
(23 Dec 2013, 11:34 pm)fozzovmurton You going anywhere nice mate...I have only ever been to Adinkerke in the middle of the night on a fag and booze run), I have heard Antwerp, Ostend, Liege and Brussels are nice

Visited Belgium twice and was based in Brussels and visited:
2008 - Brussels, Ghent, Ostende. (Stupidly only brought one battery with me)
2009 - Brussels, Ghent, Antwerpen, Charleroi. Plus a trip to Rotterdam and Dordrecht in the Netherlands.

This year I will be visiting the following places whilst based in Antwerpen.

Netherlands - Dordrecht, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven and Breda (in one day).

Belgium - Antwerp, Brussels, Liege, Oostende, Charleroi, Ghent and many more places.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
24 Dec 2013, 10:05 pm #24

(23 Dec 2013, 11:34 pm)fozzovmurton You going anywhere nice mate...I have only ever been to Adinkerke in the middle of the night on a fag and booze run), I have heard Antwerp, Ostend, Liege and Brussels are nice

Visited Belgium twice and was based in Brussels and visited:
2008 - Brussels, Ghent, Ostende. (Stupidly only brought one battery with me)
2009 - Brussels, Ghent, Antwerpen, Charleroi. Plus a trip to Rotterdam and Dordrecht in the Netherlands.

This year I will be visiting the following places whilst based in Antwerpen.

Netherlands - Dordrecht, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Eindhoven and Breda (in one day).

Belgium - Antwerp, Brussels, Liege, Oostende, Charleroi, Ghent and many more places.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

GuyParkRoyal

25 Dec 2013, 9:05 am #25
Merry Christmas from Spain where the buses are running today on a Sunday timetable. I Hope to take a journey on Llorente bus 236 a Scania L94 which is out on the 10 no doubt followed by pre-lunch refreshments.
I hope you all have great day!
GuyParkRoyal
25 Dec 2013, 9:05 am #25

Merry Christmas from Spain where the buses are running today on a Sunday timetable. I Hope to take a journey on Llorente bus 236 a Scania L94 which is out on the 10 no doubt followed by pre-lunch refreshments.
I hope you all have great day!

Michael

25 Dec 2013, 9:09 am #26
Merry Christmas all Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Dec 2013, 9:09 am #26

Merry Christmas all Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

25 Dec 2013, 9:15 am #27
merry xmas all!
Terence Price
25 Dec 2013, 9:15 am #27

merry xmas all!

Tom

25 Dec 2013, 9:24 am #28
Happy Christmas all, hope Santa's been kind to everyone Wink
Tom
25 Dec 2013, 9:24 am #28

Happy Christmas all, hope Santa's been kind to everyone Wink

Adam

25 Dec 2013, 10:18 am #29
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a fantastic day but lets not forget the true meaning of what today is all about
Adam
25 Dec 2013, 10:18 am #29

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a fantastic day but lets not forget the true meaning of what today is all about

Michael

25 Dec 2013, 10:20 am #30
(25 Dec 2013, 10:18 am)Adam Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a fantastic day but lets not forget the true meaning of what today is all about

Eating Christmas lunch, Getting drunk Tongue
Edited 25 Dec 2013, 10:20 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Dec 2013, 10:20 am #30

(25 Dec 2013, 10:18 am)Adam Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a fantastic day but lets not forget the true meaning of what today is all about

Eating Christmas lunch, Getting drunk Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

08 Jul 2016, 9:08 pm #31
(12 Dec 2013, 11:08 am)MrFozz I used to hate Christmas, for every Christmas between 1996 and 2000 I lived away from in a Childrens Home somewhere, I would be at home for Christmas, but there was always an argument and a fight which saw me heading back to the Childrens Home, I even ended up getting arrested New Year 1999/2000 with the police exiling me from Murton all together for 3 months, so there was some hard times...

Till recently my christmas involved copious amounts of alcohol, but more recently, I have started to appreciate it, I used to do voluntary work for a youth group and was vice chairman of the organisations board(I liked to call myself Chair for Vice Big Grin), I used to be Santa for the Christmas party and loved to see the kids faces when I walked into a room dressed up and my sisters friend has a little lad, 9 now, I love seeing him on Xmas Day, so to see my family and friends happy does it for me...

Funny Christmas Story

At a Christmas Party a few years ago, I sloped off to put the Santa attire on, a kid seen me and wondered what I was doing with Santas clothes, I thought about it and said to the kid 'look we will talk about in a bit, but you can't tell anybody you have seen this, or you will get no toys for christmas, promise you wont tell your friends' he promised...Kid later comes up to me later, whispers in my ear 'I haven't told anybody' so I said 'Good, we will talk shortly, find me when I'm done', as he knew who I was out of the suit, that was no problem...The Conversation went something like this

Kid: Why do you have santas clothes
Me: Well, do you know what a franchise is, Santa is like a brand
Kid: Whats that
Me: Forget that(I couldnt be bothered explaining)...Santa is only one man, he can't goto every single christmas party at the same time, so he has people all over who he allows to use his name for children to get there message to him as he can't always personally be there
Kid: So it is like a job
Me: Yes, Santa phones me on the 1st of December every year to arrange to pick up my new suit which he makes specially for me
Kid: Wow
Me: Blows your mind doesn't it
Kid: Yes, could I get a job as Santa when I am older
Me: Play your cards right, be good, show your loyalty to him and keep believing, who knows, you just might, but you must never tell your friends about this
Kid: Can I tell my mam
Me: Tell your mam we talked, but not your brothers and sisters(I know the kids mother well)
Kid: Ok promise, I will keep a secret

Absolutely hilarious, no doubt the kid probably told all his little mates the secret of santa, his mother later told me 'I don't what you've told him, but it seems to have worked'

I just didnt have the heart to say 'it is a 12 quid suit from Yorkshire Trading'
I only believed in Santa until age 6, my brothers are 9 and 7 and they believe in him, I find it a bit creepy, you know just this fat old man coming in your home at night with no permission.. Tongue
NK53 TKT
08 Jul 2016, 9:08 pm #31

(12 Dec 2013, 11:08 am)MrFozz I used to hate Christmas, for every Christmas between 1996 and 2000 I lived away from in a Childrens Home somewhere, I would be at home for Christmas, but there was always an argument and a fight which saw me heading back to the Childrens Home, I even ended up getting arrested New Year 1999/2000 with the police exiling me from Murton all together for 3 months, so there was some hard times...

Till recently my christmas involved copious amounts of alcohol, but more recently, I have started to appreciate it, I used to do voluntary work for a youth group and was vice chairman of the organisations board(I liked to call myself Chair for Vice Big Grin), I used to be Santa for the Christmas party and loved to see the kids faces when I walked into a room dressed up and my sisters friend has a little lad, 9 now, I love seeing him on Xmas Day, so to see my family and friends happy does it for me...

Funny Christmas Story

At a Christmas Party a few years ago, I sloped off to put the Santa attire on, a kid seen me and wondered what I was doing with Santas clothes, I thought about it and said to the kid 'look we will talk about in a bit, but you can't tell anybody you have seen this, or you will get no toys for christmas, promise you wont tell your friends' he promised...Kid later comes up to me later, whispers in my ear 'I haven't told anybody' so I said 'Good, we will talk shortly, find me when I'm done', as he knew who I was out of the suit, that was no problem...The Conversation went something like this

Kid: Why do you have santas clothes
Me: Well, do you know what a franchise is, Santa is like a brand
Kid: Whats that
Me: Forget that(I couldnt be bothered explaining)...Santa is only one man, he can't goto every single christmas party at the same time, so he has people all over who he allows to use his name for children to get there message to him as he can't always personally be there
Kid: So it is like a job
Me: Yes, Santa phones me on the 1st of December every year to arrange to pick up my new suit which he makes specially for me
Kid: Wow
Me: Blows your mind doesn't it
Kid: Yes, could I get a job as Santa when I am older
Me: Play your cards right, be good, show your loyalty to him and keep believing, who knows, you just might, but you must never tell your friends about this
Kid: Can I tell my mam
Me: Tell your mam we talked, but not your brothers and sisters(I know the kids mother well)
Kid: Ok promise, I will keep a secret

Absolutely hilarious, no doubt the kid probably told all his little mates the secret of santa, his mother later told me 'I don't what you've told him, but it seems to have worked'

I just didnt have the heart to say 'it is a 12 quid suit from Yorkshire Trading'
I only believed in Santa until age 6, my brothers are 9 and 7 and they believe in him, I find it a bit creepy, you know just this fat old man coming in your home at night with no permission.. Tongue

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm #32
First post on this thread for over 2 years...

I used to tell kids the truth about about Santa and would ruin there perception of Xmas...I was a nasty little shit for doing that

I never bothered with it because of my past...

Now I am with my partner and we have a 5yo little girl, christmas means something to me yet again 😀

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
08 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm #32

First post on this thread for over 2 years...

I used to tell kids the truth about about Santa and would ruin there perception of Xmas...I was a nasty little shit for doing that

Now I am with my partner and we have a 5yo little girl, christmas means something to me yet again 😀

08 Jul 2016, 9:20 pm #33
(08 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm)MrFozz First post on this thread for over 2 years...

Now I am with my partner and we have a 5yo little girl, christmas means something to me yet again ?

The reality is that everyone will find out eventually and you don't want to be last to find out. It also is a lie and children are brought up not to do that, that is how I am brought up, to tell the truth but my parents won't let me tell my younger brothers
NK53 TKT
08 Jul 2016, 9:20 pm #33

(08 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm)MrFozz First post on this thread for over 2 years...

Now I am with my partner and we have a 5yo little girl, christmas means something to me yet again ?

The reality is that everyone will find out eventually and you don't want to be last to find out. It also is a lie and children are brought up not to do that, that is how I am brought up, to tell the truth but my parents won't let me tell my younger brothers

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Jul 2016, 9:30 pm #34
(08 Jul 2016, 9:20 pm)NK53 TKT The reality is that everyone will find out eventually and you don't want to be last to find out. It also is a lie and children are brought up not to do that, that is how I am brought up, to tell the truth but my parents won't let me tell my younger brothers
Nothing wrong with believing in Santa, where is the harm in it...

Kids grown up too quick these, theres nothing wrong with the innocence of childhood...

Just cause you dont believe or brought up not to lie, does not mean the truth should be known from the off

If kids want to believe let then

MrFozz
08 Jul 2016, 9:30 pm #34

(08 Jul 2016, 9:20 pm)NK53 TKT The reality is that everyone will find out eventually and you don't want to be last to find out. It also is a lie and children are brought up not to do that, that is how I am brought up, to tell the truth but my parents won't let me tell my younger brothers
Nothing wrong with believing in Santa, where is the harm in it...

Kids grown up too quick these, theres nothing wrong with the innocence of childhood...

Just cause you dont believe or brought up not to lie, does not mean the truth should be known from the off

MurdnunoC

08 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm #35
What makes my Xmas is not talking about it in July!
MurdnunoC
08 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm #35

What makes my Xmas is not talking about it in July!

08 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm #36
(08 Jul 2016, 9:30 pm)MrFozz Nothing wrong with believing in Santa, where is the harm in it...

Kids grown up too quick these days, theres nothing wrong with the innocence of childhood...

I have no problem in children believing in Santa as long as I don't have to break the truth to them, I just find it odd that the whole idea came about
NK53 TKT
08 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm #36

(08 Jul 2016, 9:30 pm)MrFozz Nothing wrong with believing in Santa, where is the harm in it...

Kids grown up too quick these days, theres nothing wrong with the innocence of childhood...

I have no problem in children believing in Santa as long as I don't have to break the truth to them, I just find it odd that the whole idea came about

Jimmi

08 Jul 2016, 9:54 pm #37
(08 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm)MurdnunoC What makes my Xmas is not talking about it in July!
You never heard of Christmas in July? One of the shopping channels (QVC I think) were selling Christmas stuff the other week.
Jimmi
08 Jul 2016, 9:54 pm #37

(08 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm)MurdnunoC What makes my Xmas is not talking about it in July!
You never heard of Christmas in July? One of the shopping channels (QVC I think) were selling Christmas stuff the other week.

08 Jul 2016, 10:02 pm #38

Not as bad as the back to school adverts in ASDA in two weeks Angry
NK53 TKT
08 Jul 2016, 10:02 pm #38

Not as bad as the back to school adverts in ASDA in two weeks Angry

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average