Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Bygone Era The recreation of the Bygone Era...

The recreation of the Bygone Era...

The recreation of the Bygone Era...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poll: Do you like our proposal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
55.00%
Votes 11
No
10.00%
Votes 2
Not Sure
35.00%
Votes 7

Total 20 vote(s) 100%
Dan

Site Administrator

21 Dec 2013, 3:30 pm #4
(21 Dec 2013, 3:14 pm)andreos1 In principle I like the idea, but the set up, accessibility etc needs taking into account.

I tend to not bother with what is a very good resource, because of the number of pdf's in there.
On the ipad or laptop, it isn't an issue - but if I try looking on my phone, it means downloading docs that might not even be the file I am looking for (in the case of a timetable split over several pdf files).

At present, it's quite hard to determine if the file you are downloading is the file you are looking for.

This is one of the issues we found, which is why we'd be introducing the search facility. You would search for a file, and the results would be given below it - containing the file name (as at present) but also a description of the file which would be added by us in the database.

It would be quite similar to this.
See 'Washington Service Revisions' section.
There is a title of the file and a description, containing information of what the file is.

That should cut out unnecessary download time.
Dan
21 Dec 2013, 3:30 pm #4

(21 Dec 2013, 3:14 pm)andreos1 In principle I like the idea, but the set up, accessibility etc needs taking into account.

I tend to not bother with what is a very good resource, because of the number of pdf's in there.
On the ipad or laptop, it isn't an issue - but if I try looking on my phone, it means downloading docs that might not even be the file I am looking for (in the case of a timetable split over several pdf files).

At present, it's quite hard to determine if the file you are downloading is the file you are looking for.

This is one of the issues we found, which is why we'd be introducing the search facility. You would search for a file, and the results would be given below it - containing the file name (as at present) but also a description of the file which would be added by us in the database.

It would be quite similar to this.
See 'Washington Service Revisions' section.
There is a title of the file and a description, containing information of what the file is.

That should cut out unnecessary download time.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by Dan - 21 Dec 2013, 3:01 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by Andreos1 - 21 Dec 2013, 3:14 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by Dan - 21 Dec 2013, 3:30 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by Tom - 21 Dec 2013, 3:14 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by MurdnunoC - 30 Dec 2013, 10:41 am
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by cbma06 - 30 Dec 2013, 12:44 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by LVK 404L - 21 May 2014, 8:14 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by MurdnunoC - 21 May 2014, 9:24 pm
RE: The recreation of the Bygone Era... - by LVK 404L - 22 May 2014, 9:51 am