Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Tender Discussion Thread

Tender Discussion Thread

Tender Discussion Thread

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (55): Previous 138 39 4055 Next
Jimmi

29 Sep 2017, 8:40 pm #761
Only confirmation I've heard is Scarlet Band have reportedly won the 7, 52/725, 70/71/72 and 115 but have lost the 104.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Jimmi
29 Sep 2017, 8:40 pm #761

Only confirmation I've heard is Scarlet Band have reportedly won the 7, 52/725, 70/71/72 and 115 but have lost the 104.

jimmoc

30 Sep 2017, 6:53 am #762
(29 Sep 2017, 8:40 pm)Jimmi Only confirmation I've heard is Scarlet Band have reportedly won the 7, 52/725, 70/71/72 and 115 but have lost the 104.

Do you know who won the 104
jimmoc
30 Sep 2017, 6:53 am #762

(29 Sep 2017, 8:40 pm)Jimmi Only confirmation I've heard is Scarlet Band have reportedly won the 7, 52/725, 70/71/72 and 115 but have lost the 104.

Do you know who won the 104

2bagstew

30 Sep 2017, 4:11 pm #763

Weardale drivers will be moving over to Scarlet Band too cover the routes that SB won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2bagstew
30 Sep 2017, 4:11 pm #763

Weardale drivers will be moving over to Scarlet Band too cover the routes that SB won.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Oct 2017, 9:14 am #764
(29 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm)Tom What about the other tenders? I can see GNE have registered the 40 and 86 but nothing else?

Go North East retained most of their existing work in County Durham, so no need for things to be re-registered.

They gained the evening operation of service 14 from Stanley Travel; the daytime Cathedral Bus 40 service; Chester-le-Street local 700 services; and evening operation of the Arriva North East 22/24 and 86 services.

They have lost the contract to operate early morning and evening journeys on service 30 (to Stanley Travel), while the evening-only 704 service has also been cancelled. The 209/210 Peterlee Local Services (also covering some journeys on service 201) were also lost to Scarlet Band.

The small number of contracts which were terminated and put out to tender again included the Chester-le-Street local 700 services, X25 Mon-Sat evening and Peterlee Local Services 209/210. The existing operators (Scarlet Band and Go North East respectively) will continue to run these services until at least January next year.

Arriva North East has since also taken on the evening operation of services 22/24 commercially, meaning that this contract has also been terminated.

(29 Sep 2017, 7:39 pm)Dans_bus_photos I don't think that operators should be allowed to have to option to run it commercially just because they haven't won the tender. Once they have agreed for it to go out to tender it should be awarded to the wining tender whether or not it is the operator that runs the daytime service.

This one is always going to divide opinion.

I don't think Go North East would complain about Arriva taking on the evening operation of services 22/24 commercially as it was a huge commercial risk to Arriva's daytime service by not doing so, and Go North East would have done the same if the shoe was on the other foot. They have done it in the past with the likes of service 29 in Gateshead - it gives them a competitive advantage by maintaining what is almost a monopoly on services in Gateshead.

With the recent introduction of a Sunday service by Go North East between Sunderland, Peterlee and Hartlepool, Go North East would have been providing journeys between these places early until late seven days per week, compared to Arriva whose service would have been lacking on evenings. I have no doubt that it would have resulted in a number of Arriva's customers instead purchasing a Go North East weekly/monthly ticket instead.

Although it makes a mockery of the tender process and the work which goes in from operators during the process, it represents better value to the council/local PTE if they aren't subsidising services, so they aren't going to moan too much either.
Dan
01 Oct 2017, 9:14 am #764

(29 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm)Tom What about the other tenders? I can see GNE have registered the 40 and 86 but nothing else?

Go North East retained most of their existing work in County Durham, so no need for things to be re-registered.

They gained the evening operation of service 14 from Stanley Travel; the daytime Cathedral Bus 40 service; Chester-le-Street local 700 services; and evening operation of the Arriva North East 22/24 and 86 services.

They have lost the contract to operate early morning and evening journeys on service 30 (to Stanley Travel), while the evening-only 704 service has also been cancelled. The 209/210 Peterlee Local Services (also covering some journeys on service 201) were also lost to Scarlet Band.

The small number of contracts which were terminated and put out to tender again included the Chester-le-Street local 700 services, X25 Mon-Sat evening and Peterlee Local Services 209/210. The existing operators (Scarlet Band and Go North East respectively) will continue to run these services until at least January next year.

Arriva North East has since also taken on the evening operation of services 22/24 commercially, meaning that this contract has also been terminated.

(29 Sep 2017, 7:39 pm)Dans_bus_photos I don't think that operators should be allowed to have to option to run it commercially just because they haven't won the tender. Once they have agreed for it to go out to tender it should be awarded to the wining tender whether or not it is the operator that runs the daytime service.

I don't think Go North East would complain about Arriva taking on the evening operation of services 22/24 commercially as it was a huge commercial risk to Arriva's daytime service by not doing so, and Go North East would have done the same if the shoe was on the other foot. They have done it in the past with the likes of service 29 in Gateshead - it gives them a competitive advantage by maintaining what is almost a monopoly on services in Gateshead.

With the recent introduction of a Sunday service by Go North East between Sunderland, Peterlee and Hartlepool, Go North East would have been providing journeys between these places early until late seven days per week, compared to Arriva whose service would have been lacking on evenings. I have no doubt that it would have resulted in a number of Arriva's customers instead purchasing a Go North East weekly/monthly ticket instead.

Although it makes a mockery of the tender process and the work which goes in from operators during the process, it represents better value to the council/local PTE if they aren't subsidising services, so they aren't going to moan too much either.

Andreos1

01 Oct 2017, 9:22 am #765
(29 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm)cbma06 That's a shame , I was looking forward having GNE indigo solos on the couple journeys each direction , wonder how long Arriva keep it commercially before there announce AGAIN that it's not making profit and want the council to fund it to line there pockets!.

It is one of my pet hates.
I'm begining to lose track of the number of times a subsidised service suddenly becomes viable, when another operator wins a tender.

Granted, we are seeing fewer services being supported by public funds as a result. However how much money has been handed out in the intervening period - prior to a service suddenly becoming viable? 

I wonder if investigations need to be carried out? An audit of takings and loads, with the threat of financial clawbacks may result in a few twitchy bums!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 Oct 2017, 9:22 am #765

(29 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm)cbma06 That's a shame , I was looking forward having GNE indigo solos on the couple journeys each direction , wonder how long Arriva keep it commercially before there announce AGAIN that it's not making profit and want the council to fund it to line there pockets!.

It is one of my pet hates.
I'm begining to lose track of the number of times a subsidised service suddenly becomes viable, when another operator wins a tender.

Granted, we are seeing fewer services being supported by public funds as a result. However how much money has been handed out in the intervening period - prior to a service suddenly becoming viable? 

I wonder if investigations need to be carried out? An audit of takings and loads, with the threat of financial clawbacks may result in a few twitchy bums!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Michael

01 Oct 2017, 9:41 am #766
(01 Oct 2017, 9:14 am)Dan Go North East retained most of their existing work in County Durham, so no need for things to be re-registered.

Will Go North East tickets be accepted on the 30?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Oct 2017, 9:41 am #766

(01 Oct 2017, 9:14 am)Dan Go North East retained most of their existing work in County Durham, so no need for things to be re-registered.

Will Go North East tickets be accepted on the 30?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Oct 2017, 9:58 am #767
(01 Oct 2017, 9:41 am)Michael Will Go North East tickets be accepted on the 30?

I'm not sure at this stage.

Agreements have been made in the past (for example, Arriva tickets are valid on the Go North East 239 service which is operated under contract to Durham County Council on evenings) - but whether they're made again, is a discussion for Durham County Council with the current and new operators.

Financially, it makes no sense for Durham County Council to allow it. Any revenue taken on these secured journeys on service 30 would go back to the council (which would assist in them subsidising the service in the first place). If the council allows Stanley Travel to accept Go North East tickets and passes, then they would end up taking less single/return fares.

It would however be in the best interests of the small number of passengers using this service, to allow it.
Dan
01 Oct 2017, 9:58 am #767

(01 Oct 2017, 9:41 am)Michael Will Go North East tickets be accepted on the 30?

I'm not sure at this stage.

Agreements have been made in the past (for example, Arriva tickets are valid on the Go North East 239 service which is operated under contract to Durham County Council on evenings) - but whether they're made again, is a discussion for Durham County Council with the current and new operators.

Financially, it makes no sense for Durham County Council to allow it. Any revenue taken on these secured journeys on service 30 would go back to the council (which would assist in them subsidising the service in the first place). If the council allows Stanley Travel to accept Go North East tickets and passes, then they would end up taking less single/return fares.

It would however be in the best interests of the small number of passengers using this service, to allow it.

nk55

01 Oct 2017, 10:48 am #768
Have go north east lost the contracted services on the 15?
nk55
01 Oct 2017, 10:48 am #768

Have go north east lost the contracted services on the 15?

Tom

01 Oct 2017, 1:25 pm #769

Thanks. Seems Scarlet Band have won a lot.

So I'm guessing the ones that were terminated are because of revisions to the route/timetable?
Tom
01 Oct 2017, 1:25 pm #769

Thanks. Seems Scarlet Band have won a lot.

So I'm guessing the ones that were terminated are because of revisions to the route/timetable?

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm #770
(01 Oct 2017, 1:25 pm)Tom Thanks. Seems Scarlet Band have won a lot.

Not quite - an issue on the council's part, so those affected had to be re-issued.
Dan
01 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm #770

(01 Oct 2017, 1:25 pm)Tom Thanks. Seems Scarlet Band have won a lot.

Not quite - an issue on the council's part, so those affected had to be re-issued.

Tom

01 Oct 2017, 1:38 pm #771
(01 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm)Dan Not quite - an issue on the council's part, so those affected had to be re-issued.

Ah right cheers
Tom
01 Oct 2017, 1:38 pm #771

(01 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm)Dan Not quite - an issue on the council's part, so those affected had to be re-issued.

Ah right cheers

2bagstew

02 Oct 2017, 12:19 pm #772

Has Go North East kept the 239 contract..
2bagstew
02 Oct 2017, 12:19 pm #772

Has Go North East kept the 239 contract..

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm #773
(02 Oct 2017, 12:19 pm)2bagstew Has Go North East kept the 239 contract..

Yes.
Dan
02 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm #773

(02 Oct 2017, 12:19 pm)2bagstew Has Go North East kept the 239 contract..

Yes.

2bagstew

02 Oct 2017, 2:46 pm #774
(02 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm)Dan Yes.

Thanks

2bagstew
02 Oct 2017, 2:46 pm #774

(02 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm)Dan Yes.

Thanks

cbma06

02 Oct 2017, 2:49 pm #775
So GNE only lost the 209/210 and some of the 201 to SB in east Durham?, will GNE taking the 209/210 commercially?, I've seen the 209/210 busy during the day.

cbma06
02 Oct 2017, 2:49 pm #775

So GNE only lost the 209/210 and some of the 201 to SB in east Durham?, will GNE taking the 209/210 commercially?, I've seen the 209/210 busy during the day.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Oct 2017, 2:51 pm #776
(02 Oct 2017, 2:49 pm)cbma06 So GNE only lost the 209/210 and some of the 201 to SB in east Durham?, will GNE taking the 209/210 commercially?, I've seen the 209/210 busy during the day.

Yes, that's correct.

The 209/210 has gone out to tender again - Go North East could put in a cheaper bid and win next time, but unlikely. Doubt the 209/210 carry enough passengers to justify Go North East taking them on commercial. Pity, as it will mean anyone who buys weekly/monthly tickets on these services will lose out.
Dan
02 Oct 2017, 2:51 pm #776

(02 Oct 2017, 2:49 pm)cbma06 So GNE only lost the 209/210 and some of the 201 to SB in east Durham?, will GNE taking the 209/210 commercially?, I've seen the 209/210 busy during the day.

Yes, that's correct.

The 209/210 has gone out to tender again - Go North East could put in a cheaper bid and win next time, but unlikely. Doubt the 209/210 carry enough passengers to justify Go North East taking them on commercial. Pity, as it will mean anyone who buys weekly/monthly tickets on these services will lose out.

cbma06

02 Oct 2017, 2:54 pm #777
(02 Oct 2017, 2:51 pm)Dan Yes, that's correct.

Cheers for the info Dan.

cbma06
02 Oct 2017, 2:54 pm #777

(02 Oct 2017, 2:51 pm)Dan Yes, that's correct.

Cheers for the info Dan.

S830OFT

02 Oct 2017, 5:17 pm #778
Will tickets like the North East Explorer be accepted on service 209/10?

S830OFT
02 Oct 2017, 5:17 pm #778

Will tickets like the North East Explorer be accepted on service 209/10?

jimmoc

02 Oct 2017, 5:20 pm #779
Has SB kept 104 route
jimmoc
02 Oct 2017, 5:20 pm #779

Has SB kept 104 route

Jimmi

02 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm #780
Scarlet Band have lost the 104.

Not certain on which operator has won it, although I have heard the Eden. Apparently the 17 is another contract which has been delayed.
Edited 02 Oct 2017, 6:01 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
02 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm #780

Scarlet Band have lost the 104.

Not certain on which operator has won it, although I have heard the Eden. Apparently the 17 is another contract which has been delayed.

Pages (55): Previous 138 39 4055 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average