Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Northumberland Independents Phoenix Coaches

Phoenix Coaches

Phoenix Coaches

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (24) Previous 113 14 1524 Next
dannygee

25 Jul 2016, 6:54 pm #261
Yep the destinations all looked dodgy and squashed up.
dannygee
25 Jul 2016, 6:54 pm #261

Yep the destinations all looked dodgy and squashed up.

Jimmi

25 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm #262
Some photos of most of the allocations to Phoenix's services today can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...1457511966
Jimmi
25 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm #262

Some photos of most of the allocations to Phoenix's services today can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...1457511966

Charles41

26 Jul 2016, 8:28 am #263
(25 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm)Jimmi Some photos of most of the allocations to Phoenix's services today can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...1457511966

Good photos, my favorite is the Enviro with the clock tower in the background.

Is that a Phoenix Ford Transit behind the bus stop in the photo?

Charles
Charles41
26 Jul 2016, 8:28 am #263

(25 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm)Jimmi Some photos of most of the allocations to Phoenix's services today can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...1457511966

Good photos, my favorite is the Enviro with the clock tower in the background.

Charles

26 Jul 2016, 9:55 am #264
(25 Jul 2016, 4:23 pm)Tom I'm guessing the other Bluebird was on the K2 then?

Is it just me or are the destination blinds dodgy on the Phoenix buses the writing looks to be squashed up on one side

Looks like someone at Phoenix hasn't got the hang of Mobi Info Edit!  Big Grin
omnicity4659
26 Jul 2016, 9:55 am #264

(25 Jul 2016, 4:23 pm)Tom I'm guessing the other Bluebird was on the K2 then?

Is it just me or are the destination blinds dodgy on the Phoenix buses the writing looks to be squashed up on one side

Looks like someone at Phoenix hasn't got the hang of Mobi Info Edit!  Big Grin

Jimmi

26 Jul 2016, 10:08 am #265
(26 Jul 2016, 8:28 am)Charles41 Good photos, my favorite is the Enviro with the clock tower in the background.

Charles

Thanks Charles

Yes it is, I saw it appear in a few places over the course of the day, it was being used for driver changeovers.
Jimmi
26 Jul 2016, 10:08 am #265

(26 Jul 2016, 8:28 am)Charles41 Good photos, my favorite is the Enviro with the clock tower in the background.

Charles

Thanks Charles

Yes it is, I saw it appear in a few places over the course of the day, it was being used for driver changeovers.

Jimmi

26 Jul 2016, 10:14 am #266

Charles

Thanks Charles

Jimmi
26 Jul 2016, 10:14 am #266

Charles

Thanks Charles

28 Jul 2016, 6:18 pm #267
Thursdays Phoenix Allocations

59 / 359 - Optare Solo: KX53SCZ
84 / 84A - Optare Solo: MX07JNZ and Fiat Ducato / Mellor Orion: SJ16BGZ
333 - Optare Solo: YJ59NND
335 - ADL Dart SLF / ADL MPD: LX06FBC and Optare Solo: NJ11EXJ
K1 / K2 - Fiat Ducato / Mellor Orion: SJ16BGX
M71 - ADL Dart SLF / ADL MPD: LX06FBB
W1 - ADL Enviro 200: YX11HNV
W1A - Optare Solo: MX07JNJ
W2 - Fiat Ducato / Mellor Orion: SJ16BGY
W3 - Optare Solo: KY63VTG

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
28 Jul 2016, 6:18 pm #267

Thursdays Phoenix Allocations

59 / 359 - Optare Solo: KX53SCZ
84 / 84A - Optare Solo: MX07JNZ and Fiat Ducato / Mellor Orion: SJ16BGZ
333 - Optare Solo: YJ59NND
335 - ADL Dart SLF / ADL MPD: LX06FBC and Optare Solo: NJ11EXJ
K1 / K2 - Fiat Ducato / Mellor Orion: SJ16BGX
M71 - ADL Dart SLF / ADL MPD: LX06FBB
W1 - ADL Enviro 200: YX11HNV
W1A - Optare Solo: MX07JNJ
W2 - Fiat Ducato / Mellor Orion: SJ16BGY
W3 - Optare Solo: KY63VTG

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

dannygee

29 Jul 2016, 8:13 pm #268
Why since phoenix took the extra work the destinations are the oppisite way round. As in number being on right.
On the 359/59 the number is not displayed on the back either.

Also most the drivers ive seen have had headphones in and most not in same uniform. This looks really unprofessional plus the headphones could distract them. I know the traffic comissioner doesnt allow bus drivers with headphones in.
dannygee
29 Jul 2016, 8:13 pm #268

Why since phoenix took the extra work the destinations are the oppisite way round. As in number being on right.

Also most the drivers ive seen have had headphones in and most not in same uniform. This looks really unprofessional plus the headphones could distract them. I know the traffic comissioner doesnt allow bus drivers with headphones in.

Tom

29 Jul 2016, 8:20 pm #269
(29 Jul 2016, 8:13 pm)dannygee Why since phoenix took the extra work the destinations are the oppisite way round. As in number being on right.

Yeah the service has been very poor by Phoenix which is unexpected as they used to be decent on the night time 17. The darts they have got are a disgrace I've never heard a bus rattle so much surely they can do something about that, and there is a mix and match with regards to liveries. You'd think they would paint them all into white. The signs are awful too.

I've seen drivers with headphones in too which isn't very good either.
Tom
29 Jul 2016, 8:20 pm #269

(29 Jul 2016, 8:13 pm)dannygee Why since phoenix took the extra work the destinations are the oppisite way round. As in number being on right.

Yeah the service has been very poor by Phoenix which is unexpected as they used to be decent on the night time 17. The darts they have got are a disgrace I've never heard a bus rattle so much surely they can do something about that, and there is a mix and match with regards to liveries. You'd think they would paint them all into white. The signs are awful too.

dannygee

29 Jul 2016, 8:49 pm #270
(29 Jul 2016, 8:20 pm)Tom Yeah the service has been very poor by Phoenix which is unexpected as they used to be decent on the night time 17. The darts they have got are a disgrace I've never heard a bus rattle so much surely they can do something about that, and there is a mix and match with regards to liveries. You'd think they would paint them all into white. The signs are awful too.

Yep and surely they should have a uniform which they should all wear.
dannygee
29 Jul 2016, 8:49 pm #270

(29 Jul 2016, 8:20 pm)Tom Yeah the service has been very poor by Phoenix which is unexpected as they used to be decent on the night time 17. The darts they have got are a disgrace I've never heard a bus rattle so much surely they can do something about that, and there is a mix and match with regards to liveries. You'd think they would paint them all into white. The signs are awful too.

Yep and surely they should have a uniform which they should all wear.

Tom

29 Jul 2016, 8:51 pm #271
(29 Jul 2016, 8:49 pm)dannygee Yep and surely they should have a uniform which they should all wear.

I agree hopefully they get it sorted as they aren't giving a great first impression at all! Especially with those horrible darts.
Tom
29 Jul 2016, 8:51 pm #271

(29 Jul 2016, 8:49 pm)dannygee Yep and surely they should have a uniform which they should all wear.

I agree hopefully they get it sorted as they aren't giving a great first impression at all! Especially with those horrible darts.

29 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm #272
(29 Jul 2016, 8:51 pm)Tom I agree hopefully they get it sorted as they aren't giving a great first impression at all! Especially with those horrible darts.

Unfortunately Pheonix was originally just a taxi company, And so Taxi Attitudes come into the bus industry, Which doesn't work.
Pheonix like GCT got there drivers from other company's aswell as just retrained some of the Taxi Drivers, Though I admire how GCT Invested in New Vehicle's, Which are leased.

I have also seen the driver with Headphones in, And most look like they want to jump off cliffs. 

Just a Unprofessional, Unorganised operator which has been left to operate loads of Tendered Service's.
Edited 29 Jul 2016, 8:57 pm by South Tyne Lad.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
29 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm #272

(29 Jul 2016, 8:51 pm)Tom I agree hopefully they get it sorted as they aren't giving a great first impression at all! Especially with those horrible darts.

Unfortunately Pheonix was originally just a taxi company, And so Taxi Attitudes come into the bus industry, Which doesn't work.
Pheonix like GCT got there drivers from other company's aswell as just retrained some of the Taxi Drivers, Though I admire how GCT Invested in New Vehicle's, Which are leased.

I have also seen the driver with Headphones in, And most look like they want to jump off cliffs. 

Just a Unprofessional, Unorganised operator which has been left to operate loads of Tendered Service's.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

29 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm #273
(29 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm)South Tyne Lad Unfortunately Pheonix was originally just a taxi company, And so Taxi Attitudes come into the bus industry, Which doesn't work.

I agree. 

Phoenix did a great job of running their services back in 2014. Service 30 was impeccable, along with the 333. Free WiFi was offered on all vehicles and the drivers were really friendly. 

At the turn of 2015, standards started to fall, I regularly witnessed 30s miss the layover at North Seaton (where I regularly got on and off the bus, for collecting parcels), and usually left North Seaton Colliery up to five minutes early. Drivers would ignore requests to stop and verbal stop requests were common. Buses were held together with duct tape, driving at high speeds along narrow country lanes with doors open and the emergency window on the roof being open. Buses were usually substituted with taxi-like minibuses and coaches.

In the final weeks of the 30, buses that ran the route stank heavily of bleach, and I was often told not to board the service at the designated bus stop/layover at North Seaton due to "insurance". 

I've often got on a 333 running over 10 minutes late too. Causing me to miss the ferry, and did the driver wait at North Shields Ferry for the ferry to return so he can leave on time? Nope.
omnicity4659
29 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm #273

(29 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm)South Tyne Lad Unfortunately Pheonix was originally just a taxi company, And so Taxi Attitudes come into the bus industry, Which doesn't work.

I agree. 

Phoenix did a great job of running their services back in 2014. Service 30 was impeccable, along with the 333. Free WiFi was offered on all vehicles and the drivers were really friendly. 

At the turn of 2015, standards started to fall, I regularly witnessed 30s miss the layover at North Seaton (where I regularly got on and off the bus, for collecting parcels), and usually left North Seaton Colliery up to five minutes early. Drivers would ignore requests to stop and verbal stop requests were common. Buses were held together with duct tape, driving at high speeds along narrow country lanes with doors open and the emergency window on the roof being open. Buses were usually substituted with taxi-like minibuses and coaches.

In the final weeks of the 30, buses that ran the route stank heavily of bleach, and I was often told not to board the service at the designated bus stop/layover at North Seaton due to "insurance". 

I've often got on a 333 running over 10 minutes late too. Causing me to miss the ferry, and did the driver wait at North Shields Ferry for the ferry to return so he can leave on time? Nope.

Tom

29 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm #274

I have also seen the driver with Headphones in, And most look like they want to jump off cliffs. One of their Solo's is held together with Ducktape.

Yeah I think GCT are actually decent though a lot of people complain about them but I've never had problems with them before.

Some of the drivers with Phoenix are canny (especially the one who used to regularly do the 333) but the ones over the past few days have been miserable as anything. 

As you and Tommy say the buses are in a right state too and I agree with Tommy the company has gone downhill from a year ago.
Tom
29 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm #274

I have also seen the driver with Headphones in, And most look like they want to jump off cliffs. One of their Solo's is held together with Ducktape.

Yeah I think GCT are actually decent though a lot of people complain about them but I've never had problems with them before.

Some of the drivers with Phoenix are canny (especially the one who used to regularly do the 333) but the ones over the past few days have been miserable as anything. 

As you and Tommy say the buses are in a right state too and I agree with Tommy the company has gone downhill from a year ago.

29 Jul 2016, 9:44 pm #275
(29 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm)Tom Yeah I think GCT are actually decent though a lot of people complain about them but I've never had problems with them before.

As you and Tommy say the buses are in a right state too and I agree with Tommy the company has gone downhill fromx a year ago.

On the subject of headphones im Suprised they arent playing pokemon go with the free wifi provided Big Grin

Best bus ever
biglugs@yahoo.com
29 Jul 2016, 9:44 pm #275

(29 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm)Tom Yeah I think GCT are actually decent though a lot of people complain about them but I've never had problems with them before.

As you and Tommy say the buses are in a right state too and I agree with Tommy the company has gone downhill fromx a year ago.

On the subject of headphones im Suprised they arent playing pokemon go with the free wifi provided Big Grin

Best bus ever

tyresmoke

30 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm #276
All of these issues seem to be what I would expect to see with a smaller operator taking on a large amount of work in one go.
tyresmoke
30 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm #276

All of these issues seem to be what I would expect to see with a smaller operator taking on a large amount of work in one go.

Andreos1

30 Jul 2016, 11:28 pm #277
(30 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm)tyresmoke All of these issues seem to be what I would expect to see with a smaller operator taking on a large amount of work in one go.

To be honest, it isn't far off what happened post-86, with the 'big boys'.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Jul 2016, 11:28 pm #277

(30 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm)tyresmoke All of these issues seem to be what I would expect to see with a smaller operator taking on a large amount of work in one go.

To be honest, it isn't far off what happened post-86, with the 'big boys'.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Adrian

31 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm #278
Could I remind posters that reports of faults with vehicles should go directly to the operator? Please give them the opportunity to rectify any faults you spot, as I'm sure they'd like to hear from you. Please see this thread for more details: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1840

Phoenix contact details can be found here - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/operat...perator=92

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Jul 2016, 7:31 pm #278

Could I remind posters that reports of faults with vehicles should go directly to the operator? Please give them the opportunity to rectify any faults you spot, as I'm sure they'd like to hear from you. Please see this thread for more details: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1840

Phoenix contact details can be found here - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/operat...perator=92

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

GuyParkRoyal

01 Aug 2016, 3:58 pm #279
There should be no need to report destination displays as Phoenix are already on the case. I have seen several of their vehicles today and the route numbers are now on the kerb side of the vehicle with the sizing and format of the lettering showing much improvement as well. The only exception to the rule was the Orion on the W2 which still has the old format but I'm sure they will have that as work in progress.
GuyParkRoyal
01 Aug 2016, 3:58 pm #279

There should be no need to report destination displays as Phoenix are already on the case. I have seen several of their vehicles today and the route numbers are now on the kerb side of the vehicle with the sizing and format of the lettering showing much improvement as well. The only exception to the rule was the Orion on the W2 which still has the old format but I'm sure they will have that as work in progress.

dannygee

05 Aug 2016, 12:47 pm #280
Been on the enviro today on the W1 today
Few things i noticed.
Still advertising tates on stickers on the cab
Very rattley
They have a notice up saying day and weekly tickets bought off any other company arent valid and you have buy a ticket or have conc pass. So what about network .1 passes or day rovers
W1 now goes a different way out of whitley bay. No one been advised on this.
Most phoenix buses have mobitec screens but this has hanover
dannygee
05 Aug 2016, 12:47 pm #280

Been on the enviro today on the W1 today
Few things i noticed.
Still advertising tates on stickers on the cab
Very rattley
They have a notice up saying day and weekly tickets bought off any other company arent valid and you have buy a ticket or have conc pass. So what about network .1 passes or day rovers
W1 now goes a different way out of whitley bay. No one been advised on this.
Most phoenix buses have mobitec screens but this has hanover

Pages (24) Previous 113 14 1524 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average