Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Games

Games

Games

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next
Michael

13 Apr 2014, 5:21 pm #21
(13 Apr 2014, 5:20 pm)Dan Works for me when I copy and paste, but try this..

http://tinyurl.com/pwrdszd

do u click on.. GET THIS TORRENT, if so i am and its still not working

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Apr 2014, 5:21 pm #21

(13 Apr 2014, 5:20 pm)Dan Works for me when I copy and paste, but try this..

http://tinyurl.com/pwrdszd

do u click on.. GET THIS TORRENT, if so i am and its still not working

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

13 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm #22
(13 Apr 2014, 5:21 pm)Michael do u click on.. GET THIS TORRENT, if so i am and its still not working

Yup. There should be a little magnet icon next to it. You may need to install some torrent software if you haven't already done so - may I suggest Vuze or uTorrent.

Was (is) anyone a fan of the Sid Meyer series of games?

Civilization, Colonization, Railroad Tycoon and the like?
MurdnunoC
13 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm #22

(13 Apr 2014, 5:21 pm)Michael do u click on.. GET THIS TORRENT, if so i am and its still not working

Yup. There should be a little magnet icon next to it. You may need to install some torrent software if you haven't already done so - may I suggest Vuze or uTorrent.

Michael

13 Apr 2014, 5:38 pm #23
(13 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm)AdamY Yup. There should be a little magnet icon next to it. You may need to install some torrent software if you haven't already done so - may I suggest Vuze or uTorrent.

Thanks
Railroad tycoon sounds like a game iv'e played.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Apr 2014, 5:38 pm #23

(13 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm)AdamY Yup. There should be a little magnet icon next to it. You may need to install some torrent software if you haven't already done so - may I suggest Vuze or uTorrent.

Thanks
Railroad tycoon sounds like a game iv'e played.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

13 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm #24

Yup. Loved them.
Have Railroad Tycoon 3 installed on my current laptop. Was only a couple of quid to buy off play.com.

The originals were all mainstays of my amiga (ah and Cannon Fodder and Sensi Soccer)

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm #24

Yup. Loved them.
Have Railroad Tycoon 3 installed on my current laptop. Was only a couple of quid to buy off play.com.

The originals were all mainstays of my amiga (ah and Cannon Fodder and Sensi Soccer)

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Apr 2014, 9:02 pm #25
My favourite game back in the day was Championship Manager 97/98, I took Whitley Bay and Bishop Auckland to the Premier League, won the Champions League with Doncaster Rovers and Scarborough(R.I.P), Ibrahima Bakayoko and Tommy Svindal Larsen were legends on the game and Emile Heskey could score 30 a season no problem at all...Spent many a hour at school playing CM instead of lessons Big Grin
MrFozz
13 Apr 2014, 9:02 pm #25

My favourite game back in the day was Championship Manager 97/98, I took Whitley Bay and Bishop Auckland to the Premier League, won the Champions League with Doncaster Rovers and Scarborough(R.I.P), Ibrahima Bakayoko and Tommy Svindal Larsen were legends on the game and Emile Heskey could score 30 a season no problem at all...Spent many a hour at school playing CM instead of lessons Big Grin

MurdnunoC

13 Apr 2014, 10:57 pm #26
(13 Apr 2014, 9:02 pm)marxistafozzski My favourite game back in the day was Championship Manager 97/98, I took Whitley Bay and Bishop Auckland to the Premier League, won the Champions League with Doncaster Rovers and Scarborough(R.I.P), Ibrahima Bakayoko and Tommy Svindal Larsen were legends on the game and Emile Heskey could score 30 a season no problem at all...Spent many a hour at school playing CM instead of lessons Big Grin

I can't remember being able to pick either Whitley Bay or Bishop Auckland but I do remember being able to pick Berwick Rangers in CM 97/98. CM 01/02 is considered to be the best ever version of the game and was made available as freeware with users contributing regular updates. When doing my foundation degree in 2007/08, I used to covertly play CM on my laptop in lectures - it did me no harm and I still managed a first/distinction grade. The last version I played was the 2010 version. Although it was available as a digital download for £2.50 I paid £12.00 for the boxed version with managers notebook and pencil. Both remain unused and untouched.

When Eidos and Sports Interactive decided to split - I remained loyal to the Championship Manager series. I have never played Football Manager, well, except the one I had for my Spectrum +3 in the late 80s which I believe was called Football Manager 2. A couple of my mates swore by it, claiming it to be superior to CM. Have I missed out?
MurdnunoC
13 Apr 2014, 10:57 pm #26

(13 Apr 2014, 9:02 pm)marxistafozzski My favourite game back in the day was Championship Manager 97/98, I took Whitley Bay and Bishop Auckland to the Premier League, won the Champions League with Doncaster Rovers and Scarborough(R.I.P), Ibrahima Bakayoko and Tommy Svindal Larsen were legends on the game and Emile Heskey could score 30 a season no problem at all...Spent many a hour at school playing CM instead of lessons Big Grin

I can't remember being able to pick either Whitley Bay or Bishop Auckland but I do remember being able to pick Berwick Rangers in CM 97/98. CM 01/02 is considered to be the best ever version of the game and was made available as freeware with users contributing regular updates. When doing my foundation degree in 2007/08, I used to covertly play CM on my laptop in lectures - it did me no harm and I still managed a first/distinction grade. The last version I played was the 2010 version. Although it was available as a digital download for £2.50 I paid £12.00 for the boxed version with managers notebook and pencil. Both remain unused and untouched.

When Eidos and Sports Interactive decided to split - I remained loyal to the Championship Manager series. I have never played Football Manager, well, except the one I had for my Spectrum +3 in the late 80s which I believe was called Football Manager 2. A couple of my mates swore by it, claiming it to be superior to CM. Have I missed out?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Apr 2014, 11:06 pm #27
(13 Apr 2014, 10:57 pm)AdamY I can't remember being able to pick either Whitley Bay or Bishop Auckland but I do remember being able to pick Berwick Rangers in CM 97/98. CM 01/02 is considered to be the best ever version of the game and was made available as freeware with users contributing regular updates. When doing my foundation degree in 2007/08, I used to covertly play CM on my laptop in lectures - it did me no harm and I still managed a first/distinction grade. The last version I played was the 2010 version. Although it was available as a digital download for £2.50 I paid £12.00 for the boxed version with managers notebook and pencil. Both remain unused and untouched.

Back in the day, there was no proper non-League system in the game, just a list of lower league teams, of which any could be promoted to then Division 3, some of the lower league teams included Bishop, Whitley Bay, Gateshead and Spennymoor Utd...

As for the eidos/SI split I remained loyal to Sports Interactive and Football Manager, I don't play the PC version anymore, although I do play Football Manager Handheld on my Samsung Tablet
MrFozz
13 Apr 2014, 11:06 pm #27

(13 Apr 2014, 10:57 pm)AdamY I can't remember being able to pick either Whitley Bay or Bishop Auckland but I do remember being able to pick Berwick Rangers in CM 97/98. CM 01/02 is considered to be the best ever version of the game and was made available as freeware with users contributing regular updates. When doing my foundation degree in 2007/08, I used to covertly play CM on my laptop in lectures - it did me no harm and I still managed a first/distinction grade. The last version I played was the 2010 version. Although it was available as a digital download for £2.50 I paid £12.00 for the boxed version with managers notebook and pencil. Both remain unused and untouched.

Back in the day, there was no proper non-League system in the game, just a list of lower league teams, of which any could be promoted to then Division 3, some of the lower league teams included Bishop, Whitley Bay, Gateshead and Spennymoor Utd...

As for the eidos/SI split I remained loyal to Sports Interactive and Football Manager, I don't play the PC version anymore, although I do play Football Manager Handheld on my Samsung Tablet

MurdnunoC

13 Apr 2014, 11:25 pm #28
(13 Apr 2014, 11:06 pm)marxistafozzski Back in the day, there was no proper non-League system in the game, just a list of lower league teams, of which any could be promoted to then Division 3, some of the lower league teams included Bishop, Whitley Bay, Gateshead and Spennymoor Utd...

Yeah, I remember that. But I thought you could only manage them if they were promoted to the Football League. It's just that, whenever I played, I very rarely saw a team from the North East get promoted. It was usually a Yeovil, a Halifax or a Boston United. You must have hit lucky!
MurdnunoC
13 Apr 2014, 11:25 pm #28

(13 Apr 2014, 11:06 pm)marxistafozzski Back in the day, there was no proper non-League system in the game, just a list of lower league teams, of which any could be promoted to then Division 3, some of the lower league teams included Bishop, Whitley Bay, Gateshead and Spennymoor Utd...

Yeah, I remember that. But I thought you could only manage them if they were promoted to the Football League. It's just that, whenever I played, I very rarely saw a team from the North East get promoted. It was usually a Yeovil, a Halifax or a Boston United. You must have hit lucky!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Apr 2014, 11:29 pm #29
I used to play years into the game, play long enough and they would eventually appear, I even saw Gretna appear once or twice before they defected to there own league system...
MrFozz
13 Apr 2014, 11:29 pm #29

I used to play years into the game, play long enough and they would eventually appear, I even saw Gretna appear once or twice before they defected to there own league system...

Michael

15 Apr 2014, 9:49 am #30
(13 Apr 2014, 11:29 pm)marxistafozzski I used to play years into the game, play long enough and they would eventually appear, I even saw Gretna appear once or twice before they defected to there own league system...

Thing is with football games is, you never get any of the really lower league teams such as the Conference North/South

Dan what level are you up to on Theme Hospital?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Apr 2014, 9:49 am #30

(13 Apr 2014, 11:29 pm)marxistafozzski I used to play years into the game, play long enough and they would eventually appear, I even saw Gretna appear once or twice before they defected to there own league system...

Thing is with football games is, you never get any of the really lower league teams such as the Conference North/South

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Apr 2014, 9:55 am #31
(15 Apr 2014, 9:49 am)Michael Thing is with football games is, you never get any of the really lower league teams such as the Conference North/South

I only played it that night and when I went to play on it the following day, no progress had been saved! Rage quitted. Tongue
Was on the fourth hospital though.

I think you can press C when on the loading screen to get to any level but your mouse turns invisible.
Dan
15 Apr 2014, 9:55 am #31

(15 Apr 2014, 9:49 am)Michael Thing is with football games is, you never get any of the really lower league teams such as the Conference North/South

I only played it that night and when I went to play on it the following day, no progress had been saved! Rage quitted. Tongue

I think you can press C when on the loading screen to get to any level but your mouse turns invisible.

Michael

15 Apr 2014, 9:57 am #32
(15 Apr 2014, 9:55 am)Dan I only played it that night and when I went to play on it the following day, no progress had been saved! Rage quitted. Tongue

U tried loading it from save number 8 to?, sometimes it saves to 2 save tabs.

Really?, i'm up to the 4th level

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Apr 2014, 9:57 am #32

(15 Apr 2014, 9:55 am)Dan I only played it that night and when I went to play on it the following day, no progress had been saved! Rage quitted. Tongue

U tried loading it from save number 8 to?, sometimes it saves to 2 save tabs.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Apr 2014, 9:59 am #33
(15 Apr 2014, 9:57 am)Michael U tried loading it from save number 8 to?, sometimes it saves to 2 save tabs.

Aye, I tried save number 8 but nowt. Knowing me I didn't bother saving it actually.
Might have a break from the Maths papers 'cause I'm starting to get the easy questions wrong (silly mistakes)... See if I can get on Level 4 again with the level cheat.
Dan
15 Apr 2014, 9:59 am #33

(15 Apr 2014, 9:57 am)Michael U tried loading it from save number 8 to?, sometimes it saves to 2 save tabs.

Aye, I tried save number 8 but nowt. Knowing me I didn't bother saving it actually.
Might have a break from the Maths papers 'cause I'm starting to get the easy questions wrong (silly mistakes)... See if I can get on Level 4 again with the level cheat.

Michael

15 Apr 2014, 10:01 am #34
(15 Apr 2014, 9:59 am)Dan Aye, I tried save number 8 but nowt. Knowing me I didn't bother saving it actually.

No cheating!!! XD.

Ugh Maths, hate it, iv'e just had to do a full unit on it on my course.... although it was basic maths it was still boring!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Apr 2014, 10:01 am #34

(15 Apr 2014, 9:59 am)Dan Aye, I tried save number 8 but nowt. Knowing me I didn't bother saving it actually.

No cheating!!! XD.

Ugh Maths, hate it, iv'e just had to do a full unit on it on my course.... although it was basic maths it was still boring!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Apr 2014, 10:37 am #35
(15 Apr 2014, 10:01 am)Michael No cheating!!! XD.

I've just failed on Level 5...oops. Remember this one being difficult.
Dan
15 Apr 2014, 10:37 am #35

(15 Apr 2014, 10:01 am)Michael No cheating!!! XD.

I've just failed on Level 5...oops. Remember this one being difficult.

Michael

15 Apr 2014, 10:38 am #36
(15 Apr 2014, 10:37 am)Dan I've just failed on Level 5...oops. Remember this one being difficult.

=(, not good

I remember getting to the level before the last one, it took me many tries

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Apr 2014, 10:38 am #36

(15 Apr 2014, 10:37 am)Dan I've just failed on Level 5...oops. Remember this one being difficult.

=(, not good

I remember getting to the level before the last one, it took me many tries

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

15 Apr 2014, 2:51 pm #37

Football Manager, both PC and Handheld goes down to Conference North/South and a good range of clubs comes up, based on reputation, so on my handheld game when my tablet works, I am playing as Guiseley, done well, and seen teams like Dulwich, Maidstone, Whitby and the Metropolitan Police tean progress...

On PC, use the bundled editor and the league system can be easily created right down to Step 10/11(Northern Alliance Div 1/2)
MrFozz
15 Apr 2014, 2:51 pm #37

Football Manager, both PC and Handheld goes down to Conference North/South and a good range of clubs comes up, based on reputation, so on my handheld game when my tablet works, I am playing as Guiseley, done well, and seen teams like Dulwich, Maidstone, Whitby and the Metropolitan Police tean progress...

On PC, use the bundled editor and the league system can be easily created right down to Step 10/11(Northern Alliance Div 1/2)

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Jul 2014, 3:54 pm #38
Wondering if anyone here ever played Disney's "Toontown Online"?

I spent quite a lot of my time on there about five years ago, but it was mainly during the winter months when it was dark as soon as I got home from school.

I stumbled across something the other day which said how it had closed down, and I was gutted! Remembered all about it and how much I enjoyed the game. Shortly after, I found out that a group of teenagers are reviving it, in the form of "Toontown Rewritten". Essentially the same game, with some tweaks, and they're expecting to add new content too.

I signed up for the nostalgia and discovered that there was 60,000 people viewing the site - and a lot of these people were then signing up to play the semi-open BETA test version of the game.

After just under 48 hours of waiting in line (can you believe it?!), I managed to get in and have a three-hour long duration test of it this morning.

Although catered for kids, I'm surprised at how many older teenagers and adults are playing the game - judging by a forum set up for the game.
Dan
03 Jul 2014, 3:54 pm #38

Wondering if anyone here ever played Disney's "Toontown Online"?

I spent quite a lot of my time on there about five years ago, but it was mainly during the winter months when it was dark as soon as I got home from school.

I stumbled across something the other day which said how it had closed down, and I was gutted! Remembered all about it and how much I enjoyed the game. Shortly after, I found out that a group of teenagers are reviving it, in the form of "Toontown Rewritten". Essentially the same game, with some tweaks, and they're expecting to add new content too.

I signed up for the nostalgia and discovered that there was 60,000 people viewing the site - and a lot of these people were then signing up to play the semi-open BETA test version of the game.

After just under 48 hours of waiting in line (can you believe it?!), I managed to get in and have a three-hour long duration test of it this morning.

Although catered for kids, I'm surprised at how many older teenagers and adults are playing the game - judging by a forum set up for the game.

Jimmi

11 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm #39
I know what I want for Christmas Big Grin
.jpg
CORRIE.jpg
Size 1,020.79 KB / Downloads 16
Jimmi
11 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm #39

I know what I want for Christmas Big Grin

.jpg
CORRIE.jpg
Size 1,020.79 KB / Downloads 16

Malarkey

11 Sep 2014, 8:41 pm #40
(11 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm)Jimmi I know what I want for Christmas Big Grin

Would rather play on Fifa if i'm Honest.
Malarkey
11 Sep 2014, 8:41 pm #40

(11 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm)Jimmi I know what I want for Christmas Big Grin

Would rather play on Fifa if i'm Honest.

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average