Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Durham Bus Stn

Durham Bus Stn

Durham Bus Stn

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Pages (20): Previous 118 19 20
07 Jan 2024, 2:39 pm #381
(07 Jan 2024, 11:50 am)cbma06 I wonder if on the electronic display boards it will say if the bus is running late or cancelled, rather than using data from a timetable which doesn’t show. Won’t be long until Durham County Council will win awards for these electronic displays as the same in Nexus for Sunderland interchange electronic displays which there won awards but the displays doesn’t show buses that are running late or cancelled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or the fact Stand R in Park Lane still shows the 9's times despite the 9 not stopping there for about 5 years.
deanmachine
07 Jan 2024, 2:39 pm #381

(07 Jan 2024, 11:50 am)cbma06 I wonder if on the electronic display boards it will say if the bus is running late or cancelled, rather than using data from a timetable which doesn’t show. Won’t be long until Durham County Council will win awards for these electronic displays as the same in Nexus for Sunderland interchange electronic displays which there won awards but the displays doesn’t show buses that are running late or cancelled

Or the fact Stand R in Park Lane still shows the 9's times despite the 9 not stopping there for about 5 years.

BusLoverMum

07 Jan 2024, 4:24 pm #382

Hahaha ha. The ones at the college are still just warning us about the strike and the one opposite the hospital bears no relation to current timetables whatsoever.
Edited 07 Jan 2024, 4:25 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
07 Jan 2024, 4:24 pm #382

Hahaha ha. The ones at the college are still just warning us about the strike and the one opposite the hospital bears no relation to current timetables whatsoever.

Ambassador

07 Jan 2024, 5:15 pm #383
The ones along Durham Road either say please refer to timetable or show horrendously out of date route info
Ambassador
07 Jan 2024, 5:15 pm #383

The ones along Durham Road either say please refer to timetable or show horrendously out of date route info

Rob44

07 Jan 2024, 5:34 pm #384
(07 Jan 2024, 5:15 pm)Ambassador The ones along Durham Road either say please refer to timetable or show horrendously out of date route info

those ones used to work great years ago.
Rob44
07 Jan 2024, 5:34 pm #384

(07 Jan 2024, 5:15 pm)Ambassador The ones along Durham Road either say please refer to timetable or show horrendously out of date route info

those ones used to work great years ago.

07 Jan 2024, 8:52 pm #385
(07 Jan 2024, 12:43 pm)Jimmi They've barely even started on Bishop Auckland Bus Station, went past yesterday and about all that's changed is some fencing put up around it, despite the presence of diggers, most of the stands are still intact.

From pics I've seen so far at least, they're just showing the scheduled departure times, probs just as well considering most of these displays with countdowns to arrival time within County Durham are often incorrect.
Fairly sure they knocked down the toilet block, The Hut, and driver rest block before Christmas.

Honestly surprised the council managed to get it done that fast considering the amount of Asbestos that would have been in them!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
07 Jan 2024, 8:52 pm #385

(07 Jan 2024, 12:43 pm)Jimmi They've barely even started on Bishop Auckland Bus Station, went past yesterday and about all that's changed is some fencing put up around it, despite the presence of diggers, most of the stands are still intact.

From pics I've seen so far at least, they're just showing the scheduled departure times, probs just as well considering most of these displays with countdowns to arrival time within County Durham are often incorrect.
Fairly sure they knocked down the toilet block, The Hut, and driver rest block before Christmas.

Honestly surprised the council managed to get it done that fast considering the amount of Asbestos that would have been in them!

09 Jan 2024, 4:24 pm #386
Somehow, they've managed to make the new bus station feel more cramped than the old one!
It's awful

There's also a severe lack of bins!

Edited 09 Jan 2024, 4:33 pm by streetdeckfan.
streetdeckfan
09 Jan 2024, 4:24 pm #386

Somehow, they've managed to make the new bus station feel more cramped than the old one!
It's awful

Adrian

09 Jan 2024, 5:20 pm #387
(09 Jan 2024, 4:24 pm)streetdeckfan Somehow, they've managed to make the new bus station feel more cramped than the old one!
It's awful

I've not seen it in person yet, but I noticed that from a few photos of it last night. Doesn't look like it can handle an average Arriva peak time chaos service, that's for sure. 

You can see from this drainage plan (only thing I could find of the previous site!), that the old bus station extended further out. Even more so at one end: https://publicaccess.durham.gov.uk/onlin...070656.pdf

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Jan 2024, 5:20 pm #387

(09 Jan 2024, 4:24 pm)streetdeckfan Somehow, they've managed to make the new bus station feel more cramped than the old one!
It's awful

I've not seen it in person yet, but I noticed that from a few photos of it last night. Doesn't look like it can handle an average Arriva peak time chaos service, that's for sure. 

You can see from this drainage plan (only thing I could find of the previous site!), that the old bus station extended further out. Even more so at one end: https://publicaccess.durham.gov.uk/onlin...070656.pdf

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

09 Jan 2024, 5:55 pm #388
(09 Jan 2024, 5:20 pm)Adrian I've not seen it in person yet, but I noticed that from a few photos of it last night. Doesn't look like it can handle an average Arriva peak time chaos service, that's for sure. 

It's so narrow, much more so than the old one.
It was absolutely packed when I was there, the only way to get up and down was to push through people up the back wall, or cut across the designated wheelchair 'parking bays' next to the doors, which is what most people did when changing buses.

I was lucky in that I managed to nab a seat after the 16 left, if it wasn't for that I would have been sardined in with the rest of the riff raff!

Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't spot a single bin in there, I had to just shove my meal deal wrappers in my bag. Probably explains why the floor was covered in litter.

streetdeckfan
09 Jan 2024, 5:55 pm #388

(09 Jan 2024, 5:20 pm)Adrian I've not seen it in person yet, but I noticed that from a few photos of it last night. Doesn't look like it can handle an average Arriva peak time chaos service, that's for sure. 

It's so narrow, much more so than the old one.
It was absolutely packed when I was there, the only way to get up and down was to push through people up the back wall, or cut across the designated wheelchair 'parking bays' next to the doors, which is what most people did when changing buses.

I was lucky in that I managed to nab a seat after the 16 left, if it wasn't for that I would have been sardined in with the rest of the riff raff!

Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't spot a single bin in there, I had to just shove my meal deal wrappers in my bag. Probably explains why the floor was covered in litter.

BusLoverMum

09 Jan 2024, 5:59 pm #389
The main difference in space is the removal of the shops between the concourse and North road. It's marginal gains, though.

The biggest gain is that there will only be about 80% of the buses using it, compared with 4 years ago. Probably not proportionally fewer passengers at chucking out time, though.

And if pasty guy is still around, he'll no longer be able to tape a. Cooplands bag to a random post.
Edited 09 Jan 2024, 6:01 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
09 Jan 2024, 5:59 pm #389

The main difference in space is the removal of the shops between the concourse and North road. It's marginal gains, though.

The biggest gain is that there will only be about 80% of the buses using it, compared with 4 years ago. Probably not proportionally fewer passengers at chucking out time, though.

And if pasty guy is still around, he'll no longer be able to tape a. Cooplands bag to a random post.

BusLoverMum

18 Jan 2024, 12:32 pm #390
Less than 2 weeks and there is a broken window and one of the sets of doors out of use Undecided
BusLoverMum
18 Jan 2024, 12:32 pm #390

Less than 2 weeks and there is a broken window and one of the sets of doors out of use Undecided

18 Jan 2024, 12:34 pm #391
(18 Jan 2024, 12:32 pm)BusLoverMum Less than 2 weeks and there is a broken window and one of the sets of doors out of use Undecided
And the fence at the end has been crashed into!

streetdeckfan
18 Jan 2024, 12:34 pm #391

(18 Jan 2024, 12:32 pm)BusLoverMum Less than 2 weeks and there is a broken window and one of the sets of doors out of use Undecided
And the fence at the end has been crashed into!

nova347

18 Jan 2024, 7:17 pm #392
Ah yes, I believe this was a Prince Bishop on the 20A service. I've actually got photos of the bus with 2 missing side panels.

It was 5429, which happened last Friday. It was the two panels before the wheel arch, and the wheel arch took a hit as well, tearing the side up. The two panels fell off the bus.
Edited 18 Jan 2024, 7:24 pm by nova347.
nova347
18 Jan 2024, 7:17 pm #392

Ah yes, I believe this was a Prince Bishop on the 20A service. I've actually got photos of the bus with 2 missing side panels.

It was 5429, which happened last Friday. It was the two panels before the wheel arch, and the wheel arch took a hit as well, tearing the side up. The two panels fell off the bus.

tyresmoke

18 Jan 2024, 8:41 pm #393
(18 Jan 2024, 7:17 pm)nova347 Ah yes, I believe this was a Prince Bishop on the 20A service. I've actually got photos of the bus with 2 missing side panels.

Believe GCT have hit it too

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
18 Jan 2024, 8:41 pm #393

(18 Jan 2024, 7:17 pm)nova347 Ah yes, I believe this was a Prince Bishop on the 20A service. I've actually got photos of the bus with 2 missing side panels.

Believe GCT have hit it too

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

MurdnunoC

19 Jan 2024, 3:13 pm #394
(18 Jan 2024, 8:41 pm)tyresmoke Believe GCT have hit it too

Surely not? I have it on good authority that GCT drivers are very attentive and avoid accidents at all costs. You must be thinking of another GCT.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
MurdnunoC
19 Jan 2024, 3:13 pm #394

(18 Jan 2024, 8:41 pm)tyresmoke Believe GCT have hit it too

Surely not? I have it on good authority that GCT drivers are very attentive and avoid accidents at all costs. You must be thinking of another GCT.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

nova347

19 Jan 2024, 4:36 pm #395
Its a bit off topic right but I was on the 21 the other day and we passed a 69 and the driver had a GNE coat on.
nova347
19 Jan 2024, 4:36 pm #395

Its a bit off topic right but I was on the 21 the other day and we passed a 69 and the driver had a GNE coat on.

Pages (20): Previous 118 19 20

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average