Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 1200 201 202 203 Next
Andreos1

10 Feb 2019, 12:41 am #4,001
Eezypeazy. 
Just like a bolt from the blue. Appeared, fired a cheap shot and disappeared again. 

Just like the old times.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
10 Feb 2019, 12:41 am #4,001

Eezypeazy. 
Just like a bolt from the blue. Appeared, fired a cheap shot and disappeared again. 

Just like the old times.

Jamie M

Unregistered

13 Apr 2019, 1:59 am #4,002
.jpg
Screenshot_20190413-025824_Samsung Internet.jpg
Size 837.59 KB / Downloads 29

Inspired from bustimes, I have created a website tool to highlight all GNE allocated workings. Spent the past 7 hours trying to find a way of getting data in the format I wanted it.

I cannot yet share it, as there is severe rate limiting (server only allows a very low amount of data requests in a period - I'm sending off 700 requests every time the website is loaded), and this would just bring chaos.

So hopefully can refine it and make it a bit more... erm.. usable.

Another headache is that in the request, for whatever reason, date fragments can get left in, if no route has been marked as tracking. The date and route come from the same column if you will.

This can be seen on the picture with 715, which was last seen on no specified route, but on the 10th of April. As there's no route, my code takes "10" as being the route, not the date.

A fun little side project anyway.
Jamie M
13 Apr 2019, 1:59 am #4,002

.jpg
Screenshot_20190413-025824_Samsung Internet.jpg
Size 837.59 KB / Downloads 29

Inspired from bustimes, I have created a website tool to highlight all GNE allocated workings. Spent the past 7 hours trying to find a way of getting data in the format I wanted it.

I cannot yet share it, as there is severe rate limiting (server only allows a very low amount of data requests in a period - I'm sending off 700 requests every time the website is loaded), and this would just bring chaos.

So hopefully can refine it and make it a bit more... erm.. usable.

Another headache is that in the request, for whatever reason, date fragments can get left in, if no route has been marked as tracking. The date and route come from the same column if you will.

This can be seen on the picture with 715, which was last seen on no specified route, but on the 10th of April. As there's no route, my code takes "10" as being the route, not the date.

A fun little side project anyway.

Malarkey

27 Jun 2019, 8:46 pm #4,003

finally got back into my Flickr account a week after locking myself out, memory was shot after suffering a concussion last week, slowly but surely things are coming back to me.

Malarkey
27 Jun 2019, 8:46 pm #4,003

finally got back into my Flickr account a week after locking myself out, memory was shot after suffering a concussion last week, slowly but surely things are coming back to me.

Andreos1

29 Jun 2019, 2:58 pm #4,004

(27 Jun 2019, 8:46 pm)Malarkey

Don't forget that £50 you owe me.

Andreos1
29 Jun 2019, 2:58 pm #4,004

(27 Jun 2019, 8:46 pm)Malarkey

Don't forget that £50 you owe me.

idiot

10 Jan 2020, 3:56 pm #4,005
Well according to my fitbit ive slept 11 hours 33 mins sleep. I feel on top of the world!
idiot
10 Jan 2020, 3:56 pm #4,005

Well according to my fitbit ive slept 11 hours 33 mins sleep. I feel on top of the world!

Michael

24 Feb 2020, 6:34 am #4,006
It's snowing wooooo

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Feb 2020, 6:34 am #4,006

It's snowing wooooo

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

24 Feb 2020, 7:53 am #4,007
(24 Feb 2020, 6:34 am)Michael It's snowing wooooo
It's pretty but I've got everyone stuck at home.
BusLoverMum
24 Feb 2020, 7:53 am #4,007

(24 Feb 2020, 6:34 am)Michael It's snowing wooooo
It's pretty but I've got everyone stuck at home.

24 Feb 2020, 9:12 am #4,008
(24 Feb 2020, 7:53 am)BusLoverMum It's pretty but I've got everyone stuck at home.

I personally wish the snow would bugger off somewhere else! Snow used to be fun when I was young, but now it's just a pain in the arse when all you want is an IKEA breakfast!
streetdeckfan
24 Feb 2020, 9:12 am #4,008

(24 Feb 2020, 7:53 am)BusLoverMum It's pretty but I've got everyone stuck at home.

I personally wish the snow would bugger off somewhere else! Snow used to be fun when I was young, but now it's just a pain in the arse when all you want is an IKEA breakfast!

BusLoverMum

24 Feb 2020, 9:34 am #4,009
(24 Feb 2020, 9:12 am)streetdeckfan I personally wish the snow would bugger off somewhere else! Snow used to be fun when I was young, but now it's just a pain in the arse when all you want is an IKEA breakfast!
Little chance of that, today. It's starting to ease off and get wetter in Durham, now. Been watching primary school kids loving it and secondary school kids freezing in their blazers and looking quite dick of life.
BusLoverMum
24 Feb 2020, 9:34 am #4,009

(24 Feb 2020, 9:12 am)streetdeckfan I personally wish the snow would bugger off somewhere else! Snow used to be fun when I was young, but now it's just a pain in the arse when all you want is an IKEA breakfast!
Little chance of that, today. It's starting to ease off and get wetter in Durham, now. Been watching primary school kids loving it and secondary school kids freezing in their blazers and looking quite dick of life.

Rob44

24 Feb 2020, 9:43 am #4,010
Got to congratulate the GNE drivers who navigated the snowy conditions on Old Durham road near the 3 tuns pub. If only car drivers were as good!
Rob44
24 Feb 2020, 9:43 am #4,010

Got to congratulate the GNE drivers who navigated the snowy conditions on Old Durham road near the 3 tuns pub. If only car drivers were as good!

24 Feb 2020, 9:44 am #4,011
(24 Feb 2020, 9:34 am)BusLoverMum Little chance of that, today. It's starting to ease off and get wetter in Durham, now. Been watching primary school kids loving it and secondary school kids freezing in their blazers and looking quite dick of life.

I'm glad I decided to stay up in Gateshead last night since Bishop is basically cut off now! Unfortunately that means that I can't get back home!
streetdeckfan
24 Feb 2020, 9:44 am #4,011

(24 Feb 2020, 9:34 am)BusLoverMum Little chance of that, today. It's starting to ease off and get wetter in Durham, now. Been watching primary school kids loving it and secondary school kids freezing in their blazers and looking quite dick of life.

I'm glad I decided to stay up in Gateshead last night since Bishop is basically cut off now! Unfortunately that means that I can't get back home!

BusLoverMum

24 Feb 2020, 10:09 am #4,012
(24 Feb 2020, 9:44 am)streetdeckfan I'm glad I decided to stay up in Gateshead last night since Bishop is basically cut off now! Unfortunately that means that I can't get back home!
It'll be clear by lunchtime. 
Agree about dreadful car drivers. It was crawling conditions outside out house for all of rush hour and there were still impatient twits driving up people's backsides and honking their horns.
BusLoverMum
24 Feb 2020, 10:09 am #4,012

(24 Feb 2020, 9:44 am)streetdeckfan I'm glad I decided to stay up in Gateshead last night since Bishop is basically cut off now! Unfortunately that means that I can't get back home!
It'll be clear by lunchtime. 
Agree about dreadful car drivers. It was crawling conditions outside out house for all of rush hour and there were still impatient twits driving up people's backsides and honking their horns.

24 Feb 2020, 10:11 am #4,013
(24 Feb 2020, 10:09 am)BusLoverMum It'll be clear by lunchtime. 

I wanted to get back down early this morning so I could have a shower and come back up (I even got up before 10, which is good for me, and I hate showering with Gateshead water, I always feel dirtier after!)
streetdeckfan
24 Feb 2020, 10:11 am #4,013

(24 Feb 2020, 10:09 am)BusLoverMum It'll be clear by lunchtime. 

I wanted to get back down early this morning so I could have a shower and come back up (I even got up before 10, which is good for me, and I hate showering with Gateshead water, I always feel dirtier after!)

BusLoverMum

24 Feb 2020, 10:39 am #4,014
(24 Feb 2020, 10:11 am)streetdeckfan I wanted to get back down early this morning so I could have a shower and come back up (I even got up before 10, which is good for me, and I hate showering with Gateshead water, I always feel dirtier after!)
No idea why. Gateshead has lovely soft water.
BusLoverMum
24 Feb 2020, 10:39 am #4,014

(24 Feb 2020, 10:11 am)streetdeckfan I wanted to get back down early this morning so I could have a shower and come back up (I even got up before 10, which is good for me, and I hate showering with Gateshead water, I always feel dirtier after!)
No idea why. Gateshead has lovely soft water.

24 Feb 2020, 10:43 am #4,015
(24 Feb 2020, 10:39 am)BusLoverMum No idea why. Gateshead has lovely soft water.

That's almost as believable as Arriva actually giving updates this morning!
streetdeckfan
24 Feb 2020, 10:43 am #4,015

(24 Feb 2020, 10:39 am)BusLoverMum No idea why. Gateshead has lovely soft water.

That's almost as believable as Arriva actually giving updates this morning!

Jimmi

24 Feb 2020, 3:37 pm #4,016
I was meant to be heading to Lincoln today but had to admit defeat as there was no way I would've made to Darlington station in time for my booked train service. Of course snow grinds all the roads to a halt up here and I seemingly can't claim a refund or travel tomorrow with today's tickets (only changeable with a fee) yet any time the sky looks a bit funny anywhere else and this is can be offered!!!
Jimmi
24 Feb 2020, 3:37 pm #4,016

I was meant to be heading to Lincoln today but had to admit defeat as there was no way I would've made to Darlington station in time for my booked train service. Of course snow grinds all the roads to a halt up here and I seemingly can't claim a refund or travel tomorrow with today's tickets (only changeable with a fee) yet any time the sky looks a bit funny anywhere else and this is can be offered!!!

24 Feb 2020, 4:49 pm #4,017
(24 Feb 2020, 3:37 pm)Jimmi I was meant to be heading to Lincoln today but had to admit defeat as there was no way I would've made to Darlington station in time for my booked train service. Of course snow grinds all the roads to a halt up here and I seemingly can't claim a refund or travel tomorrow with today's tickets (only changeable with a fee) yet any time the sky looks a bit funny anywhere else and this is can be offered!!!

Whenever I need to get the train I always get it from Newcastle and stay up with family in Gateshead, that way if anything happens I can always walk!

I made the fatal mistake of booking from Bishop to Manchester because I couldn't be bothered to go up to Newcastle, obviously Northern were running late and I had to briskly walk across Darlington station to catch my connection!

Thing is, had the council actually bothered to grit the roads, there wouldn't have been much issue today, maybe on a couple routes but not what happened today with the pathetic amount we had!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
24 Feb 2020, 4:49 pm #4,017

(24 Feb 2020, 3:37 pm)Jimmi I was meant to be heading to Lincoln today but had to admit defeat as there was no way I would've made to Darlington station in time for my booked train service. Of course snow grinds all the roads to a halt up here and I seemingly can't claim a refund or travel tomorrow with today's tickets (only changeable with a fee) yet any time the sky looks a bit funny anywhere else and this is can be offered!!!

Whenever I need to get the train I always get it from Newcastle and stay up with family in Gateshead, that way if anything happens I can always walk!

I made the fatal mistake of booking from Bishop to Manchester because I couldn't be bothered to go up to Newcastle, obviously Northern were running late and I had to briskly walk across Darlington station to catch my connection!

Thing is, had the council actually bothered to grit the roads, there wouldn't have been much issue today, maybe on a couple routes but not what happened today with the pathetic amount we had!

BusLoverMum

24 Feb 2020, 5:00 pm #4,018
(24 Feb 2020, 4:49 pm)streetdeckfan Whenever I need to get the train I always get it from Newcastle and stay up with family in Gateshead, that way if anything happens I can always walk!

They were gritted. I live on a priority one route and the gritters were very much in evidence, overnight, but that doesn't help when the snow is actively falling.
BusLoverMum
24 Feb 2020, 5:00 pm #4,018

(24 Feb 2020, 4:49 pm)streetdeckfan Whenever I need to get the train I always get it from Newcastle and stay up with family in Gateshead, that way if anything happens I can always walk!

They were gritted. I live on a priority one route and the gritters were very much in evidence, overnight, but that doesn't help when the snow is actively falling.

Jimmi

24 Feb 2020, 10:36 pm #4,019

Don't even go there... many a time coming back from Manchester (or Leeds/York) and the TransPennine service has arrived into Darlington late resulting in me missing the hourly Bishop train by minutes, an hour in Darlington Station is beyond tedious, only plus side is 60+ minute delay repay makes it effectively a free journey.
Jimmi
24 Feb 2020, 10:36 pm #4,019

Don't even go there... many a time coming back from Manchester (or Leeds/York) and the TransPennine service has arrived into Darlington late resulting in me missing the hourly Bishop train by minutes, an hour in Darlington Station is beyond tedious, only plus side is 60+ minute delay repay makes it effectively a free journey.

25 Feb 2020, 9:18 am #4,020
(24 Feb 2020, 10:36 pm)Jimmi Don't even go there... many a time coming back from Manchester (or Leeds/York) and the TransPennine service has arrived into Darlington late resulting in me missing the hourly Bishop train by minutes, an hour in Darlington Station is beyond tedious, only plus side is 60+ minute delay repay makes it effectively a free journey.

The issue with Darlington Station is it's a bit of a trek to get to anything. Well, it's more of an issue of having to walk back up the 'hill' to get back to the station. At that point I'd rather just catch the X1 to Bishop which takes basically the same amount of time anyway! (Or even faster when you inevitably spend half an hour waiting to get in to the station!)
streetdeckfan
25 Feb 2020, 9:18 am #4,020

(24 Feb 2020, 10:36 pm)Jimmi Don't even go there... many a time coming back from Manchester (or Leeds/York) and the TransPennine service has arrived into Darlington late resulting in me missing the hourly Bishop train by minutes, an hour in Darlington Station is beyond tedious, only plus side is 60+ minute delay repay makes it effectively a free journey.

The issue with Darlington Station is it's a bit of a trek to get to anything. Well, it's more of an issue of having to walk back up the 'hill' to get back to the station. At that point I'd rather just catch the X1 to Bishop which takes basically the same amount of time anyway! (Or even faster when you inevitably spend half an hour waiting to get in to the station!)

Pages (203) Previous 1200 201 202 203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average