Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 1 2 3 4203 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

21 Apr 2014, 11:42 am #41
(21 Apr 2014, 11:33 am)AdamY As my experience of enthusiasts is limited to those posting here, I'd love to know who everyone is talking about Big Grin

One Graeme Palmer did not turn up at 16:30 yesterday, the time we were due to depart Brough to head off back home.
Excluding him, the last of the troops arrived between 16:15 and 16:25. The bus actually started letting people on from 16:00. We waited until 16:35 and then left without him - only for him to wave the bus down as we were leaving Brough.
Had me on the edge of my seat all the way back to Bishop Auckland as we were on a Dennis Condor (surely must be famous for the lack of speed) and I was due to meet a connection to the Pronto at 17:38. It took us approximately an hour to get to Brough from Bishop Auckland, so I knew it would be approximately the same coming back too.

He was mentioned last month here, to add an insight to what Gary said.
Dan
21 Apr 2014, 11:42 am #41

(21 Apr 2014, 11:33 am)AdamY As my experience of enthusiasts is limited to those posting here, I'd love to know who everyone is talking about Big Grin

One Graeme Palmer did not turn up at 16:30 yesterday, the time we were due to depart Brough to head off back home.
Excluding him, the last of the troops arrived between 16:15 and 16:25. The bus actually started letting people on from 16:00. We waited until 16:35 and then left without him - only for him to wave the bus down as we were leaving Brough.
Had me on the edge of my seat all the way back to Bishop Auckland as we were on a Dennis Condor (surely must be famous for the lack of speed) and I was due to meet a connection to the Pronto at 17:38. It took us approximately an hour to get to Brough from Bishop Auckland, so I knew it would be approximately the same coming back too.

Andreos1

21 Apr 2014, 12:08 pm #42
(21 Apr 2014, 11:42 am)Dan One Graeme Palmer did not turn up at 16:30 yesterday, the time we were due to depart Brough to head off back home.

(15 Mar 2014, 6:41 pm)R838PRG Ah The famous Graeme Palmer. The person who thinks he's always right and forces his views on people. Lives in his own world where rules and other peoples views are always wrong and he will never give up arguing. He's had many an argument with Nexus after being thrown out before and then he goes home with nothing better to do than write complaint letters to anyone who has "not complied" with him that day. Perhaps the nexus staff couldn't be bothered with an ear chewing.

If I didn't know better, and going from this description alone, I would have guessed eezypeazy and this Graeme fella were the same person! Big Grin

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Apr 2014, 12:08 pm #42

(21 Apr 2014, 11:42 am)Dan One Graeme Palmer did not turn up at 16:30 yesterday, the time we were due to depart Brough to head off back home.

(15 Mar 2014, 6:41 pm)R838PRG Ah The famous Graeme Palmer. The person who thinks he's always right and forces his views on people. Lives in his own world where rules and other peoples views are always wrong and he will never give up arguing. He's had many an argument with Nexus after being thrown out before and then he goes home with nothing better to do than write complaint letters to anyone who has "not complied" with him that day. Perhaps the nexus staff couldn't be bothered with an ear chewing.

If I didn't know better, and going from this description alone, I would have guessed eezypeazy and this Graeme fella were the same person! Big Grin

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

21 Apr 2014, 12:39 pm #43
(21 Apr 2014, 9:31 am)Tom Might go on the next event then, cheers Dan.

If you want to go to the Olympian one in Durham on Saturday, I would gladly give you a lift there and back if you want.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
21 Apr 2014, 12:39 pm #43

(21 Apr 2014, 9:31 am)Tom Might go on the next event then, cheers Dan.

If you want to go to the Olympian one in Durham on Saturday, I would gladly give you a lift there and back if you want.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Jimmi

21 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm #44

On a college trip to Lightwater Valley we had to sit on the coach for an hour whilst the staff went to find the lass who had gone walkabout.

Also when I went to see The Killers at Wembley Stadium last year on Cavendish Travel someone didn't come back to the bus after the gig so the lad she was with who had made back to the bus got and we ended up leaving them behind Big Grin
Jimmi
21 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm #44

On a college trip to Lightwater Valley we had to sit on the coach for an hour whilst the staff went to find the lass who had gone walkabout.

Also when I went to see The Killers at Wembley Stadium last year on Cavendish Travel someone didn't come back to the bus after the gig so the lad she was with who had made back to the bus got and we ended up leaving them behind Big Grin

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Apr 2014, 2:35 pm #45

I woulda left him, waved and pulled a moonie as he was left behind, if he cant follow a simple instruction such as the time to be back on the bus, then he is fair to be made to walk home Tongue
MrFozz
21 Apr 2014, 2:35 pm #45

I woulda left him, waved and pulled a moonie as he was left behind, if he cant follow a simple instruction such as the time to be back on the bus, then he is fair to be made to walk home Tongue

21 Apr 2014, 2:55 pm #46
Most people wanted too but the Condor got stuck behind the Primrose Tiger, who decided to park up and get out to take some photos of their coach.

Rapidsnap
21 Apr 2014, 2:55 pm #46

Most people wanted too but the Condor got stuck behind the Primrose Tiger, who decided to park up and get out to take some photos of their coach.

Tom

21 Apr 2014, 5:21 pm #47
(21 Apr 2014, 12:39 pm)GMitchelhill If you want to go to the Olympian one in Durham on Saturday, I would gladly give you a lift there and back if you want.

Yeah, I live practically 2 minutes away from you Smile
I'm not sure if I'll make it though, sorry. I'll let you know later.
Tom
21 Apr 2014, 5:21 pm #47

(21 Apr 2014, 12:39 pm)GMitchelhill If you want to go to the Olympian one in Durham on Saturday, I would gladly give you a lift there and back if you want.

Yeah, I live practically 2 minutes away from you Smile
I'm not sure if I'll make it though, sorry. I'll let you know later.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Apr 2014, 6:56 am #48
Warm Metros. Horrible when the doors open and the cold is let in, though.
Dan
24 Apr 2014, 6:56 am #48

Warm Metros. Horrible when the doors open and the cold is let in, though.

tyresmoke

24 Apr 2014, 7:42 am #49
Getting round to finalising plans for my holidays in June Smile Got a trip to Stockholm on the 787 Dreamliner booked with Norwegian for about £70 return for a couple of days...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
24 Apr 2014, 7:42 am #49

Getting round to finalising plans for my holidays in June Smile Got a trip to Stockholm on the 787 Dreamliner booked with Norwegian for about £70 return for a couple of days...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Michael

24 Apr 2014, 9:38 am #50
4 days till i get my student finance!!

Can't wait, although the downfall is, it has to last me till September, that's if i go back, the whole class has had nothing but problems this year with the college and staff.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Apr 2014, 9:38 am #50

4 days till i get my student finance!!

Can't wait, although the downfall is, it has to last me till September, that's if i go back, the whole class has had nothing but problems this year with the college and staff.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Apr 2014, 9:43 am #51
(24 Apr 2014, 9:38 am)Michael 4 days till i get my student finance!!

Get yaself back in September and finish what you have started Big Grin
MrFozz
24 Apr 2014, 9:43 am #51

Get yaself back in September and finish what you have started Big Grin

Michael

24 Apr 2014, 9:47 am #52
(24 Apr 2014, 9:43 am)marxistafozzski Get yaself back in September and finish what you have started Big Grin

Work not being marked, teachers changing deadlines all of a sudden, staff on the sick and walking out.

By the looks of things, they will have a full new childcare department in September

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Apr 2014, 9:47 am #52

(24 Apr 2014, 9:43 am)marxistafozzski Get yaself back in September and finish what you have started Big Grin

Work not being marked, teachers changing deadlines all of a sudden, staff on the sick and walking out.

By the looks of things, they will have a full new childcare department in September

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Apr 2014, 9:53 am #53
(24 Apr 2014, 9:47 am)Michael Work not being marked, teachers changing deadlines all of a sudden, staff on the sick and walking out.

Damn...does not sound good, how far are you through the course and where do you study???
MrFozz
24 Apr 2014, 9:53 am #53

(24 Apr 2014, 9:47 am)Michael Work not being marked, teachers changing deadlines all of a sudden, staff on the sick and walking out.

Damn...does not sound good, how far are you through the course and where do you study???

Michael

24 Apr 2014, 9:56 am #54
(24 Apr 2014, 9:53 am)marxistafozzski Damn...does not sound good, how far are you through the course and where do you study???

Nearly done my first year out of 2 years, at Usworth college (Washington).

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Apr 2014, 9:56 am #54

(24 Apr 2014, 9:53 am)marxistafozzski Damn...does not sound good, how far are you through the course and where do you study???

Nearly done my first year out of 2 years, at Usworth college (Washington).

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Apr 2014, 9:58 am #55
Get yaself back in September, give it till christmas, would be a shame to waste a year...If, as you say, there is a new childcare department come september, that may be end up being a good thing
MrFozz
24 Apr 2014, 9:58 am #55

Get yaself back in September, give it till christmas, would be a shame to waste a year...If, as you say, there is a new childcare department come september, that may be end up being a good thing

Michael

24 Apr 2014, 9:59 am #56
(24 Apr 2014, 9:58 am)marxistafozzski Get yaself back in September, give it till christmas, would be a shame to waste a year...If, as you say, there is a new childcare department come september, that may be end up being a good thing

Maybe, unless they walk out to haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Apr 2014, 9:59 am #56

(24 Apr 2014, 9:58 am)marxistafozzski Get yaself back in September, give it till christmas, would be a shame to waste a year...If, as you say, there is a new childcare department come september, that may be end up being a good thing

Maybe, unless they walk out to haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Apr 2014, 10:08 am #57
(24 Apr 2014, 9:59 am)Michael Maybe, unless they walk out to haha

Lol...my advice to you is at least give it a try come september, you have grafted hard mate, dont let it you get you down...

Wish I practiced what I preached, I have quit just about everything I started
MrFozz
24 Apr 2014, 10:08 am #57

(24 Apr 2014, 9:59 am)Michael Maybe, unless they walk out to haha

Lol...my advice to you is at least give it a try come september, you have grafted hard mate, dont let it you get you down...

Michael

24 Apr 2014, 10:11 am #58
(24 Apr 2014, 10:08 am)marxistafozzski Lol...my advice to you is at least give it a try come september, you have grafted hard mate, dont let it you get you down...

After Christmas its gone down hill, its that badly ran, they don't know if their even doing my course next year (i'll do it because it will be my 2nd year)... that tells u something haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Apr 2014, 10:11 am #58

(24 Apr 2014, 10:08 am)marxistafozzski Lol...my advice to you is at least give it a try come september, you have grafted hard mate, dont let it you get you down...

After Christmas its gone down hill, its that badly ran, they don't know if their even doing my course next year (i'll do it because it will be my 2nd year)... that tells u something haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Apr 2014, 10:12 am #59
(24 Apr 2014, 10:11 am)Michael After Christmas its gone down hill, its that badly ran, they don't know if their even doing my course next year (i'll do it because it will be my 2nd year)... that tells u something haha

Sounds quite shit, whatever you do, best of luck with it
MrFozz
24 Apr 2014, 10:12 am #59

(24 Apr 2014, 10:11 am)Michael After Christmas its gone down hill, its that badly ran, they don't know if their even doing my course next year (i'll do it because it will be my 2nd year)... that tells u something haha

Sounds quite shit, whatever you do, best of luck with it

Adrian

24 Apr 2014, 11:24 am #60

That's shocking. We had similar issues when I went to college over 10 years ago. Lecturers coming and going, no lesson plans, vague knowledge of the course they were teaching (excuse was usually that it was a new course), and work not being marked. We ended up going to see the Principal in numbers and it got sorted out like. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
24 Apr 2014, 11:24 am #60

That's shocking. We had similar issues when I went to college over 10 years ago. Lecturers coming and going, no lesson plans, vague knowledge of the course they were teaching (excuse was usually that it was a new course), and work not being marked. We ended up going to see the Principal in numbers and it got sorted out like. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (203) Previous 1 2 3 4203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average