Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 1142 143 144203 Next
MurdnunoC

06 Sep 2015, 7:58 am #2,841
(06 Sep 2015, 2:20 am)Diamond One Today at around 12 hours ago I am off to somewhere nice this coming Wednesday all revealed in the due course all I can say it is out of this world

Betelguese 5? Be wary of flying Virgin Galactic though, I hear the general service and the in-flight entertainment during hyperspace isn't up to scratch. Try Punjab Interstellar instead, they fly from Consett Airport.
MurdnunoC
06 Sep 2015, 7:58 am #2,841

(06 Sep 2015, 2:20 am)Diamond One Today at around 12 hours ago I am off to somewhere nice this coming Wednesday all revealed in the due course all I can say it is out of this world

Betelguese 5? Be wary of flying Virgin Galactic though, I hear the general service and the in-flight entertainment during hyperspace isn't up to scratch. Try Punjab Interstellar instead, they fly from Consett Airport.

06 Sep 2015, 5:28 pm #2,842
Going to and coming from work next week at decent times of the day! No 0200-0400 finishes!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
06 Sep 2015, 5:28 pm #2,842

Going to and coming from work next week at decent times of the day! No 0200-0400 finishes!

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Davie

Banned

06 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm #2,843
I start Collage tomorrow
Davie
06 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm #2,843

I start Collage tomorrow

MurdnunoC

06 Sep 2015, 7:21 pm #2,844
(06 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm)Davie I start Collage tomorrow

Sounds horrible. Cutting yourself into little pieces for the sake of creating art.
MurdnunoC
06 Sep 2015, 7:21 pm #2,844

(06 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm)Davie I start Collage tomorrow

Sounds horrible. Cutting yourself into little pieces for the sake of creating art.

07 Sep 2015, 7:08 am #2,845
(06 Sep 2015, 7:21 pm)MurdnunoC Sounds horrible. Cutting yourself into little pieces for the sake of creating art.

Is he getting there on a GCT service, by any chance...  Wink
omnicity4659
07 Sep 2015, 7:08 am #2,845

(06 Sep 2015, 7:21 pm)MurdnunoC Sounds horrible. Cutting yourself into little pieces for the sake of creating art.

Is he getting there on a GCT service, by any chance...  Wink

07 Sep 2015, 8:09 am #2,846
(04 Sep 2015, 6:08 pm)MrFozz It did not trade paint with a lorry by any chance with both vehicles losing there wing mirrors did it?

Might of done Big Grin Tongue
NK53 TKT
07 Sep 2015, 8:09 am #2,846

(04 Sep 2015, 6:08 pm)MrFozz It did not trade paint with a lorry by any chance with both vehicles losing there wing mirrors did it?

Might of done Big Grin Tongue

07 Sep 2015, 8:11 am #2,847

I hate and do not understand art at all
NK53 TKT
07 Sep 2015, 8:11 am #2,847

I hate and do not understand art at all

Malarkey

09 Sep 2015, 7:16 pm #2,848
Start my new Job on Monday at Sitel working on the Nectar Campaign, only applied for the position this afternoon and had the interview over the phone about an hour later, going to love travelling from Washington to Longbenton everyday.
Malarkey
09 Sep 2015, 7:16 pm #2,848

Start my new Job on Monday at Sitel working on the Nectar Campaign, only applied for the position this afternoon and had the interview over the phone about an hour later, going to love travelling from Washington to Longbenton everyday.

Adrian

09 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm #2,849
(09 Sep 2015, 7:16 pm)Malarkey Start my new Job on Monday at Sitel working on the Nectar Campaign, only applied for the position this afternoon and had the interview over the phone about an hour later, going to love travelling from Washington to Longbenton everyday.

Congrats on your job. The travel isn't too bad, as it'll only take you about an hour? Metro can be busy depending on what time you finish, as you have all the St Mary's and Civil Service traffic, unless you fancy walking to Four Lane Ends station instead.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm #2,849

(09 Sep 2015, 7:16 pm)Malarkey Start my new Job on Monday at Sitel working on the Nectar Campaign, only applied for the position this afternoon and had the interview over the phone about an hour later, going to love travelling from Washington to Longbenton everyday.

Congrats on your job. The travel isn't too bad, as it'll only take you about an hour? Metro can be busy depending on what time you finish, as you have all the St Mary's and Civil Service traffic, unless you fancy walking to Four Lane Ends station instead.

Malarkey

09 Sep 2015, 7:26 pm #2,850
(09 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm)aureolin Congrats on your job. The travel isn't too bad, as it'll only take you about an hour? Metro can be busy depending on what time you finish, as you have all the St Mary's and Civil Service traffic, unless you fancy walking to Four Lane Ends station instead.

Sack the Metro I much prefer getting the Bus to be honest, at least I know it will actually show up albeit a little late, got the option getting the 52/54/X7/X8 & X63 all of which stop right outside the front door to Sitel.
Malarkey
09 Sep 2015, 7:26 pm #2,850

(09 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm)aureolin Congrats on your job. The travel isn't too bad, as it'll only take you about an hour? Metro can be busy depending on what time you finish, as you have all the St Mary's and Civil Service traffic, unless you fancy walking to Four Lane Ends station instead.

Sack the Metro I much prefer getting the Bus to be honest, at least I know it will actually show up albeit a little late, got the option getting the 52/54/X7/X8 & X63 all of which stop right outside the front door to Sitel.

Adrian

09 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm #2,851
(09 Sep 2015, 7:26 pm)Malarkey Sack the Metro I much prefer getting the Bus to be honest, at least I know it will actually show up albeit a little late, got the option getting the 52/54/X7/X8 & X63 all of which stop right outside the front door to Sitel.

You'll probably end up on the bus most days anyway. Wink

Adrian
09 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm #2,851

(09 Sep 2015, 7:26 pm)Malarkey Sack the Metro I much prefer getting the Bus to be honest, at least I know it will actually show up albeit a little late, got the option getting the 52/54/X7/X8 & X63 all of which stop right outside the front door to Sitel.

You'll probably end up on the bus most days anyway. Wink

09 Sep 2015, 7:28 pm #2,852
I am a pupil on BPR but I use the Metro or the 554
NK53 TKT
09 Sep 2015, 7:28 pm #2,852

I am a pupil on BPR but I use the Metro or the 554

Malarkey

09 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm #2,853
(09 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm)aureolin You'll probably end up on the bus most days anyway. Wink

Trust me I will be as I am certainly not walking to Four Lane Ends, done once with my Brother from Convergys at the Quorum which is where he and my Dad work, bit weird that come Monday we will all be working within a few minutes of eachother.
Malarkey
09 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm #2,853

(09 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm)aureolin You'll probably end up on the bus most days anyway. Wink

Trust me I will be as I am certainly not walking to Four Lane Ends, done once with my Brother from Convergys at the Quorum which is where he and my Dad work, bit weird that come Monday we will all be working within a few minutes of eachother.

09 Sep 2015, 7:38 pm #2,854
Will you get the X1 and 52/X63
NK53 TKT
09 Sep 2015, 7:38 pm #2,854

Will you get the X1 and 52/X63

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm #2,855

I can get to work in just over 30 minutes (depending on the time I go which determines which bus I get from Gateshead), providing the Metro section of my commute is with no disruption. The connections don't work half as well on an evening as they do on a morning, so usually takes 50+ minutes.

It really is a killer day in, day out, so I'd hate for my commute to be an hour or more in each direction. I avoid the Metro as much as possible on a weekend now as I have at least five hours on it in total during the week.

Even though it will be a lot more expensive (especially given that my travel at the moment is free), I can't wait to be able to drive to work in my own car. The advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Hopefully just a month (two at most - it's dependent on my performance on the A19 Testos roundabout in my lesson next week) to go, assuming I pass my practical first time...
Dan
09 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm #2,855

I can get to work in just over 30 minutes (depending on the time I go which determines which bus I get from Gateshead), providing the Metro section of my commute is with no disruption. The connections don't work half as well on an evening as they do on a morning, so usually takes 50+ minutes.

It really is a killer day in, day out, so I'd hate for my commute to be an hour or more in each direction. I avoid the Metro as much as possible on a weekend now as I have at least five hours on it in total during the week.

Even though it will be a lot more expensive (especially given that my travel at the moment is free), I can't wait to be able to drive to work in my own car. The advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Hopefully just a month (two at most - it's dependent on my performance on the A19 Testos roundabout in my lesson next week) to go, assuming I pass my practical first time...

Adrian

09 Sep 2015, 7:51 pm #2,856
(09 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm)Dan I can get to work in just over 30 minutes (depending on the time I go which determines which bus I get from Gateshead), providing the Metro section of my commute is with no disruption. The connections don't work half as well on an evening as they do on a morning, so usually takes 50+ minutes.

Even though it will be a lot more expensive (especially given that my travel at the moment is free), I can't wait to be able to drive to work in my own car. The advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Hopefully just a month (two at most) to go, assuming I pass my practical first time...

I used to do the trip every day for about a year, when I was based at Long Benton myself. The first leg of it wasn't too bad on the 194/294. It was before the Usworth College opened, so you didn't have that much traffic going Heworth way. The Metro used to be really bad on the way home from Long Benton around 4pm, but most piled off between South Gosforth and Haymarket, presumably to catch connecting buses.

Driving to work and parking is great if you have the facility to do so. For me, I'd have to use City Centre car parks, so it'd cost me a good 50 quid a month just to park.

Adrian
09 Sep 2015, 7:51 pm #2,856

(09 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm)Dan I can get to work in just over 30 minutes (depending on the time I go which determines which bus I get from Gateshead), providing the Metro section of my commute is with no disruption. The connections don't work half as well on an evening as they do on a morning, so usually takes 50+ minutes.

Even though it will be a lot more expensive (especially given that my travel at the moment is free), I can't wait to be able to drive to work in my own car. The advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Hopefully just a month (two at most) to go, assuming I pass my practical first time...

I used to do the trip every day for about a year, when I was based at Long Benton myself. The first leg of it wasn't too bad on the 194/294. It was before the Usworth College opened, so you didn't have that much traffic going Heworth way. The Metro used to be really bad on the way home from Long Benton around 4pm, but most piled off between South Gosforth and Haymarket, presumably to catch connecting buses.

Driving to work and parking is great if you have the facility to do so. For me, I'd have to use City Centre car parks, so it'd cost me a good 50 quid a month just to park.

MurdnunoC

09 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm #2,857
(09 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm)Dan Even though it will be a lot more expensive (especially given that my travel at the moment is free), I can't wait to be able to drive to work in my own car. The advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Hopefully just a month (two at most) to go, assuming I pass my practical first time...

And you won't look back, free travel or not!

It will also make appreciate the odd journey on public transport a little more as it becomes a novelty rather than the norm.
MurdnunoC
09 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm #2,857

(09 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm)Dan Even though it will be a lot more expensive (especially given that my travel at the moment is free), I can't wait to be able to drive to work in my own car. The advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages. Hopefully just a month (two at most) to go, assuming I pass my practical first time...

And you won't look back, free travel or not!

It will also make appreciate the odd journey on public transport a little more as it becomes a novelty rather than the norm.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm #2,858
(09 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm)MurdnunoC And you won't look back, free travel or not!

Definitely.

I was up at the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum last month and another bus enthusiast was asking how I was getting on in my (still fairly new) job. He asked whether working within the public transport industry and having to use public transport in peak times to get to work has affected my interest in the hobby, and I think the answer is probably obvious! I'm fairly sure it's primarily because of my commute on public transport though.
Dan
09 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm #2,858

(09 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm)MurdnunoC And you won't look back, free travel or not!

Definitely.

I was up at the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum last month and another bus enthusiast was asking how I was getting on in my (still fairly new) job. He asked whether working within the public transport industry and having to use public transport in peak times to get to work has affected my interest in the hobby, and I think the answer is probably obvious! I'm fairly sure it's primarily because of my commute on public transport though.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Sep 2015, 8:08 pm #2,859
(09 Sep 2015, 7:51 pm)aureolin Driving to work and parking is great if you have the facility to do so. For me, I'd have to use City Centre car parks, so it'd cost me a good 50 quid a month just to park.

Any big meetings with staff from other locations and we're stuffed for parking spaces, so an additional car being added to the mix won't help matters...

It's on a first come first served basis though, and I'm one of the first in most days of the week, so not my problem..!
Dan
09 Sep 2015, 8:08 pm #2,859

(09 Sep 2015, 7:51 pm)aureolin Driving to work and parking is great if you have the facility to do so. For me, I'd have to use City Centre car parks, so it'd cost me a good 50 quid a month just to park.

Any big meetings with staff from other locations and we're stuffed for parking spaces, so an additional car being added to the mix won't help matters...

It's on a first come first served basis though, and I'm one of the first in most days of the week, so not my problem..!

MurdnunoC

09 Sep 2015, 8:32 pm #2,860
(09 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm)Dan Definitely.

In my first job (Metroland), I did not have far to travel so there was real motivation to pass my driving test and get a car. However, when I gained employment working further afield, the urge to drive became more prevalent as I relied on public transport being on-time to make connections. As most of my commuting took place during off-peak hours, missing a connection could often put an extra hour on my travelling time, usually at the end of my shift when I was tired. I think, if I used public transport during peak time, I wouldn't have been as bothered about missed connections - especially at the end of my shift.
MurdnunoC
09 Sep 2015, 8:32 pm #2,860

(09 Sep 2015, 8:04 pm)Dan Definitely.

In my first job (Metroland), I did not have far to travel so there was real motivation to pass my driving test and get a car. However, when I gained employment working further afield, the urge to drive became more prevalent as I relied on public transport being on-time to make connections. As most of my commuting took place during off-peak hours, missing a connection could often put an extra hour on my travelling time, usually at the end of my shift when I was tired. I think, if I used public transport during peak time, I wouldn't have been as bothered about missed connections - especially at the end of my shift.

Pages (203) Previous 1142 143 144203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average