Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203): 1 2 3203 Next
Andreos1

26 Mar 2014, 4:30 pm #1
The what's annoying you today thread is massive.

Lets be more positive!

The quality person, who I was pissed off with the other week, left with their tail between their legs today.
Despite huffing, puffing and looking for anything and everything - there was nothing there to complain about.
Grasping at straws came to mind!
Edited 26 Mar 2014, 7:54 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Mar 2014, 4:30 pm #1

The what's annoying you today thread is massive.

Lets be more positive!

The quality person, who I was pissed off with the other week, left with their tail between their legs today.
Despite huffing, puffing and looking for anything and everything - there was nothing there to complain about.
Grasping at straws came to mind!

MurdnunoC

26 Mar 2014, 5:29 pm #2
Today, it's the fact that it's my last shift at work before a five-day break. I'm planning on going away for the weekend but I don't know where yet - at the moment I'm considering either Sheffield or Southport.

I've been to neither so I don't know what to expect.
MurdnunoC
26 Mar 2014, 5:29 pm #2

Today, it's the fact that it's my last shift at work before a five-day break. I'm planning on going away for the weekend but I don't know where yet - at the moment I'm considering either Sheffield or Southport.

Adrian

26 Mar 2014, 5:40 pm #3
Passenger Focus. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Mar 2014, 5:40 pm #3

Passenger Focus. Big Grin

tyresmoke

26 Mar 2014, 5:46 pm #4
(26 Mar 2014, 5:29 pm)AdamY Today, it's the fact that it's my last shift at work before a five-day break. I'm planning on going away for the weekend but I don't know where yet - at the moment I'm considering either Sheffield or Southport.

I'd say Sheffield but I'm biased! If you need any tips let me know...

Mine today was getting home from Middlesbrough in 35 mins using a tight connection in Stockton off the X7 and onto the 13 home Wink Decent ride on a Citaro too, must go for a ride on one to Peterlee.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
26 Mar 2014, 5:46 pm #4

(26 Mar 2014, 5:29 pm)AdamY Today, it's the fact that it's my last shift at work before a five-day break. I'm planning on going away for the weekend but I don't know where yet - at the moment I'm considering either Sheffield or Southport.

I'd say Sheffield but I'm biased! If you need any tips let me know...

Mine today was getting home from Middlesbrough in 35 mins using a tight connection in Stockton off the X7 and onto the 13 home Wink Decent ride on a Citaro too, must go for a ride on one to Peterlee.

MurdnunoC

26 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm #5
(26 Mar 2014, 5:46 pm)tyresmoke I'd say Sheffield but I'm biased! If you need any tips let me know...

To be honest, I'm leaning towards Southport. Mainly because I like the seaside (regardless of weather) and it's easy and relatively cheap to travel into both Liverpool and Manchester. Going into Manchester is something which I really want to do as there's a Collectors Fair happening at the Museum of Transport. I would consider staying in Manchester but I was only there at the back-end of January and it seems like a waste to stay there again.

However, Sheffield does have Park Hill which is something I'd love to see as I'm a fan of Brutalist architecture. I'm also aware that it's relatively easy to travel into Manchester (I haven't checked prices yet so I don't know how cheap it is), but there is something unappealing about bus-trips around Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster - this is what is putting me off.
MurdnunoC
26 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm #5

(26 Mar 2014, 5:46 pm)tyresmoke I'd say Sheffield but I'm biased! If you need any tips let me know...

To be honest, I'm leaning towards Southport. Mainly because I like the seaside (regardless of weather) and it's easy and relatively cheap to travel into both Liverpool and Manchester. Going into Manchester is something which I really want to do as there's a Collectors Fair happening at the Museum of Transport. I would consider staying in Manchester but I was only there at the back-end of January and it seems like a waste to stay there again.

However, Sheffield does have Park Hill which is something I'd love to see as I'm a fan of Brutalist architecture. I'm also aware that it's relatively easy to travel into Manchester (I haven't checked prices yet so I don't know how cheap it is), but there is something unappealing about bus-trips around Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster - this is what is putting me off.

tyresmoke

26 Mar 2014, 6:51 pm #6
(26 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm)AdamY To be honest, I'm leaning towards Southport. Mainly because I like the seaside (regardless of weather) and it's easy and relatively cheap to travel into both Liverpool and Manchester. Going into Manchester is something which I really want to do as there's a Collectors Fair happening at the Museum of Transport. I would consider staying in Manchester but I was only there at the back-end of January and it seems like a waste to stay there again.

Barnsley isn't too bad, Doncaster I've not really touched on but the small bits I have done weren't too bad either. Can't deny Rotherham is a shithole but there's some interesting stuff with TM and Powells around there.
There's also the Peak District within easy reach (Derbyshire Wayfarer is getting more and more expensive now mind!) which has some superb trips available like the 442 from Buxton to Ashbourne! Amazing amount of variety of operators too, in a delightful area with stunning scenery.
TPE, EMT and Northern all run from Sheffield to Manchester so you'll always be able to find decent deals.

tyresmoke
26 Mar 2014, 6:51 pm #6

(26 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm)AdamY To be honest, I'm leaning towards Southport. Mainly because I like the seaside (regardless of weather) and it's easy and relatively cheap to travel into both Liverpool and Manchester. Going into Manchester is something which I really want to do as there's a Collectors Fair happening at the Museum of Transport. I would consider staying in Manchester but I was only there at the back-end of January and it seems like a waste to stay there again.

Barnsley isn't too bad, Doncaster I've not really touched on but the small bits I have done weren't too bad either. Can't deny Rotherham is a shithole but there's some interesting stuff with TM and Powells around there.
There's also the Peak District within easy reach (Derbyshire Wayfarer is getting more and more expensive now mind!) which has some superb trips available like the 442 from Buxton to Ashbourne! Amazing amount of variety of operators too, in a delightful area with stunning scenery.
TPE, EMT and Northern all run from Sheffield to Manchester so you'll always be able to find decent deals.

Andreos1

26 Mar 2014, 10:15 pm #7

Can you not do them both?
A night or two in each, with a few hours travelling about sounds do able

Andreos1
26 Mar 2014, 10:15 pm #7

Can you not do them both?

MurdnunoC

26 Mar 2014, 10:37 pm #8
(26 Mar 2014, 10:15 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Can you not do them both?

It is I suppose.

But I prefer to base myself in one location and fully explore wherever I am. Also, I like to take the car, drive it to my destination, and forget about it for a few days. This is something I really don't get the chance to do that often.

It's probably going to be Southport (which has been described to me as a 'classier version of Blackpool). It's included in MerseyTravel's range of ticketing which means I can go to both Liverpool and Chester. Also, as mentioned, it's convenient for travelling to Manchester. It also seems quite pleasant from what I've seen.

I will go to Sheffield one day. But I think it might be a day-trip using Megabus. Although I don't have the exact times to hand, I know leaves at around 9.00am getting into Meadowhall for 12-ish while the return journey leaves at around 6-ish getting back into Newcastle before 10. I might do this one Monday when I'm off.

Anyways, I've now finished my shift and I'm officially off for five days. This has made me happy; the purpose of the thread Big Grin
Edited 26 Mar 2014, 10:38 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
26 Mar 2014, 10:37 pm #8

(26 Mar 2014, 10:15 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Can you not do them both?

It is I suppose.

But I prefer to base myself in one location and fully explore wherever I am. Also, I like to take the car, drive it to my destination, and forget about it for a few days. This is something I really don't get the chance to do that often.

It's probably going to be Southport (which has been described to me as a 'classier version of Blackpool). It's included in MerseyTravel's range of ticketing which means I can go to both Liverpool and Chester. Also, as mentioned, it's convenient for travelling to Manchester. It also seems quite pleasant from what I've seen.

I will go to Sheffield one day. But I think it might be a day-trip using Megabus. Although I don't have the exact times to hand, I know leaves at around 9.00am getting into Meadowhall for 12-ish while the return journey leaves at around 6-ish getting back into Newcastle before 10. I might do this one Monday when I'm off.

Anyways, I've now finished my shift and I'm officially off for five days. This has made me happy; the purpose of the thread Big Grin

Kuyoyo

26 Mar 2014, 11:05 pm #9
(26 Mar 2014, 10:37 pm)AdamY It is I suppose.

Newcastle-Sheffield can be done in a number of ways:
M12 0630 (0645 at weekends) Newcastle-Sheffield via Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Leeds and Wakefield Wooley Edge arrive 0950 (1005) (return departs Meadowhall 1830, Newcastle for 2205)
M20 0840 Newcastle-Sheffield via Scotch Corner, Leeds and Wakefield Wooley Edge arrive 1135 (return 2000, arrive 2310)
Or a combination of the two (down on M12, return on M20 or vice versa)
Kuyoyo
26 Mar 2014, 11:05 pm #9

(26 Mar 2014, 10:37 pm)AdamY It is I suppose.

Newcastle-Sheffield can be done in a number of ways:
M12 0630 (0645 at weekends) Newcastle-Sheffield via Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Leeds and Wakefield Wooley Edge arrive 0950 (1005) (return departs Meadowhall 1830, Newcastle for 2205)
M20 0840 Newcastle-Sheffield via Scotch Corner, Leeds and Wakefield Wooley Edge arrive 1135 (return 2000, arrive 2310)

MurdnunoC

26 Mar 2014, 11:31 pm #10
(26 Mar 2014, 11:05 pm)Kuyoyo Newcastle-Sheffield can be done in a number of ways:

Yeah, it would have been a combination of the two.

The 08:40 M20 to Sheffield and the 18:30 M12 back to Newcastle. This would give me around six hours to explore Sheffield which is probably enough. If not, then it gives me a reason to go again, perhaps for a few days.

Thank you for providing me with the times of the buses.
MurdnunoC
26 Mar 2014, 11:31 pm #10

(26 Mar 2014, 11:05 pm)Kuyoyo Newcastle-Sheffield can be done in a number of ways:

Yeah, it would have been a combination of the two.

The 08:40 M20 to Sheffield and the 18:30 M12 back to Newcastle. This would give me around six hours to explore Sheffield which is probably enough. If not, then it gives me a reason to go again, perhaps for a few days.

Thank you for providing me with the times of the buses.

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Apr 2014, 6:30 pm #11
Making a profit on eBay... Love it!
Dan
03 Apr 2014, 6:30 pm #11

Making a profit on eBay... Love it!

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Apr 2014, 7:55 pm #12
Realised that I'd neglected my mates lately. When I haven't been out on the buses, I've been doing coursework.

Spent a good few hours with them all today - cheered me right up! Ending this week on a high, especially with my Edinburgh trip coming up tomorrow.
Dan
04 Apr 2014, 7:55 pm #12

Realised that I'd neglected my mates lately. When I haven't been out on the buses, I've been doing coursework.

Spent a good few hours with them all today - cheered me right up! Ending this week on a high, especially with my Edinburgh trip coming up tomorrow.

Adrian

05 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm #13
(04 Apr 2014, 7:55 pm)Dan Realised that I'd neglected my mates lately. When I haven't been out on the buses, I've been doing coursework.

Can be easy to do at times. Especially when you have loads on. Is it GCSE year this year?

Adrian
05 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm #13

(04 Apr 2014, 7:55 pm)Dan Realised that I'd neglected my mates lately. When I haven't been out on the buses, I've been doing coursework.

Can be easy to do at times. Especially when you have loads on. Is it GCSE year this year?

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm #14
(05 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm)aureolin Can be easy to do at times. Especially when you have loads on. Is it GCSE year this year?

Aye. 5 weeks I think my first exam is, something like that.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but hey! Gotta be done!
Dan
05 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm #14

(05 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm)aureolin Can be easy to do at times. Especially when you have loads on. Is it GCSE year this year?

Aye. 5 weeks I think my first exam is, something like that.

Adrian

05 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm #15
(05 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm)Dan Aye. 5 weeks I think my first exam is, something like that.

When's your leaving date? I remember when I done mine, we broke up about May time and only came in for exams.

Adrian
05 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm #15

(05 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm)Dan Aye. 5 weeks I think my first exam is, something like that.

When's your leaving date? I remember when I done mine, we broke up about May time and only came in for exams.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Apr 2014, 1:16 pm #16
(05 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm)aureolin When's your leaving date? I remember when I done mine, we broke up about May time and only came in for exams.

All up in the air at the moment... Exam leave for revision hasn't been decided yet, which is quite annoying.

Final exam is July 17th so that is definitely when I can leave for good. Well, until Sixth Form!
Dan
05 Apr 2014, 1:16 pm #16

(05 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm)aureolin When's your leaving date? I remember when I done mine, we broke up about May time and only came in for exams.

All up in the air at the moment... Exam leave for revision hasn't been decided yet, which is quite annoying.

Final exam is July 17th so that is definitely when I can leave for good. Well, until Sixth Form!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Apr 2014, 10:16 pm #17
Winning 30 quid on the Grand National Big Grin
MrFozz
05 Apr 2014, 10:16 pm #17

Winning 30 quid on the Grand National Big Grin

MurdnunoC

05 Apr 2014, 10:52 pm #18
Watching old episodes of Spitting Image from 1984.

The socio-political landscape really hasn't really changed much since then. The same old messages; the same old lies and hypocrisy; the only thing that has changed however is that politicians were a lot less dull back then. Nowadays, they're all cut from the same PPE cloth.
MurdnunoC
05 Apr 2014, 10:52 pm #18

Watching old episodes of Spitting Image from 1984.

The socio-political landscape really hasn't really changed much since then. The same old messages; the same old lies and hypocrisy; the only thing that has changed however is that politicians were a lot less dull back then. Nowadays, they're all cut from the same PPE cloth.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Apr 2014, 10:40 am #19
Just received an e-mail from my English teacher - managed to get 57/80 which equates to an A as a grade on the English Language paper.

An A* was 58/80, so I think I'm quite well prepared for the actual exam in a few weeks' time. Well, hopefully!
Dan
07 Apr 2014, 10:40 am #19

Just received an e-mail from my English teacher - managed to get 57/80 which equates to an A as a grade on the English Language paper.

An A* was 58/80, so I think I'm quite well prepared for the actual exam in a few weeks' time. Well, hopefully!

Andreos1

07 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm #20
At the risk of sounding like an old perv...

The cute little thing coming out of 0800 Repair tonight, who was walking along Picktree Lane towards Chester, may want to buy a longer skirt or bigger knickers.

The skirt she was wearing, kept riding up and giving everyone a view of everything.

It made a thirty something year old man and I am sure every other red blooded male stuck in traffic very happy tonight!

Andreos1
07 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm #20

At the risk of sounding like an old perv...

The cute little thing coming out of 0800 Repair tonight, who was walking along Picktree Lane towards Chester, may want to buy a longer skirt or bigger knickers.

The skirt she was wearing, kept riding up and giving everyone a view of everything.

It made a thirty something year old man and I am sure every other red blooded male stuck in traffic very happy tonight!

Pages (203): 1 2 3203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average