Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203): Previous 1 2 3203 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

07 Apr 2014, 6:31 pm #21
(07 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm)Andreos Constantopolous At the risk of sounding like an old perv...

The cute little thing coming out of 0800 Repair tonight, who was walking along Picktree Lane towards Chester, may want to buy a longer skirt or bigger knickers.

The skirt she was wearing, kept riding up and giving everyone a view of everything.

It made a thirty something year old man and I am sure every other red blooded male stuck in traffic very happy tonight!

Sounds like a bird I saw on a bus a few years ago, was in a back facing seat on a Merc, this bird was sat on the back seat, shortest skirt, her knickers were nothing more than a piece of string, I got an absolute eyeful, it winked at me...It put me in a good mood that day Big Grin
MrFozz
07 Apr 2014, 6:31 pm #21

(07 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm)Andreos Constantopolous At the risk of sounding like an old perv...

The cute little thing coming out of 0800 Repair tonight, who was walking along Picktree Lane towards Chester, may want to buy a longer skirt or bigger knickers.

The skirt she was wearing, kept riding up and giving everyone a view of everything.

It made a thirty something year old man and I am sure every other red blooded male stuck in traffic very happy tonight!

Sounds like a bird I saw on a bus a few years ago, was in a back facing seat on a Merc, this bird was sat on the back seat, shortest skirt, her knickers were nothing more than a piece of string, I got an absolute eyeful, it winked at me...It put me in a good mood that day Big Grin

tyresmoke

08 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm #22
Working the morning peak school run to Eaglescliffe this morning and realising on the way there was no school kids Smile Such an easy run, only a few people for Yarm!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
08 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm #22

Working the morning peak school run to Eaglescliffe this morning and realising on the way there was no school kids Smile Such an easy run, only a few people for Yarm!

Adrian

08 Apr 2014, 9:26 pm #23
(08 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm)tyresmoke Working the morning peak school run to Eaglescliffe this morning and realising on the way there was no school kids Smile Such an easy run, only a few people for Yarm!

I only realised it was school holidays this morning. X1 done a no show so I assumed it was bogged down with the uni students, but then the 56 pulled in on time with only a handful of people on board. Very unusual as it's usually a case of sardines in a Solo!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Apr 2014, 9:26 pm #23

(08 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm)tyresmoke Working the morning peak school run to Eaglescliffe this morning and realising on the way there was no school kids Smile Such an easy run, only a few people for Yarm!

I only realised it was school holidays this morning. X1 done a no show so I assumed it was bogged down with the uni students, but then the 56 pulled in on time with only a handful of people on board. Very unusual as it's usually a case of sardines in a Solo!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Apr 2014, 9:19 pm #24
Man Utd going out of the Champions League amuses me, they now have to finish 6th to get back in Europe, although it will be the Europa League
MrFozz
09 Apr 2014, 9:19 pm #24

Man Utd going out of the Champions League amuses me, they now have to finish 6th to get back in Europe, although it will be the Europa League

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Apr 2014, 4:51 pm #25
As discussed elsewhere on the forum... Theme Hospital!
Attached Files
.jpg
20140413_174830.jpg
Size: 2.23 MB / Downloads: 44
Dan
13 Apr 2014, 4:51 pm #25

As discussed elsewhere on the forum... Theme Hospital!

Attached Files
.jpg
20140413_174830.jpg
Size: 2.23 MB / Downloads: 44

Adrian

13 Apr 2014, 5:50 pm #26
(13 Apr 2014, 4:51 pm)Dan As discussed elsewhere on the forum... Theme Hospital!

Quality haha. Is that an emulation, or the open source version they were trying to release?

Adrian
13 Apr 2014, 5:50 pm #26

(13 Apr 2014, 4:51 pm)Dan As discussed elsewhere on the forum... Theme Hospital!

Quality haha. Is that an emulation, or the open source version they were trying to release?

Tom

13 Apr 2014, 5:55 pm #27

Gonna have a go on that later haha Wink
Tom
13 Apr 2014, 5:55 pm #27

Gonna have a go on that later haha Wink

MurdnunoC

15 Apr 2014, 12:33 pm #28
I'm pleased that I opted to ride down to the baths/gym today instead of driving. If I had, I would've been forced to turn around on the A694 just before Swalwell Roundabout as there had been some sort of incident involving a van going down the embankment near to where the Consett-bound bus stop is located. It didn't look like anyone was hurt.

I noticed that services 45/46/47 were being diverted along Shibdon Road and Winlaton as a result.
MurdnunoC
15 Apr 2014, 12:33 pm #28

I'm pleased that I opted to ride down to the baths/gym today instead of driving. If I had, I would've been forced to turn around on the A694 just before Swalwell Roundabout as there had been some sort of incident involving a van going down the embankment near to where the Consett-bound bus stop is located. It didn't look like anyone was hurt.

I noticed that services 45/46/47 were being diverted along Shibdon Road and Winlaton as a result.

MurdnunoC

18 Apr 2014, 5:31 pm #29
Bought a new bike in town today - I pick it up a week on Sunday.

Should be fun!
MurdnunoC
18 Apr 2014, 5:31 pm #29

Bought a new bike in town today - I pick it up a week on Sunday.

Should be fun!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

18 Apr 2014, 5:59 pm #30
(18 Apr 2014, 5:31 pm)AdamY Bought a new bike in town today - I pick it up a week on Sunday.

Should be fun!

Need to start getting out on my bike at some point
MrFozz
18 Apr 2014, 5:59 pm #30

(18 Apr 2014, 5:31 pm)AdamY Bought a new bike in town today - I pick it up a week on Sunday.

Should be fun!

Need to start getting out on my bike at some point

Adrian

18 Apr 2014, 8:16 pm #31
Rekorderlig cider. The Strawberry & Lime, and the Passionfruit varieties are bloody lovely. 3 for £5 in Sainsbury's at the moment too. Wink

Adrian
18 Apr 2014, 8:16 pm #31

Rekorderlig cider. The Strawberry & Lime, and the Passionfruit varieties are bloody lovely. 3 for £5 in Sainsbury's at the moment too. Wink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Apr 2014, 8:07 pm #32
Going to Church made me feel good, have not been happier in the last 6 months than at any point in my life add to that I watched 2 of my friends getting baptised...overall a good day Big Grin
MrFozz
20 Apr 2014, 8:07 pm #32

Going to Church made me feel good, have not been happier in the last 6 months than at any point in my life add to that I watched 2 of my friends getting baptised...overall a good day Big Grin

tyresmoke

20 Apr 2014, 8:20 pm #33
Having a grand day out with mates at the Kirkby Stephen rally. Thanks to John Atkin for driving us across in the Condor and Stu Gray for organising said trip! I had a great day, riding on some vehicles from my youth and others that I've not had chance to ride on before, like a Leyland Lion (or if certain people are looking... "Old bus") and an MCW Metrorider! Nice way to end that day was a quick ride on Lee Garrett's superb Metrobus UTN501Y too, that bus is spot on and superbly restored.
I'm sure Dan will agree a good day was had by all.

tyresmoke
20 Apr 2014, 8:20 pm #33

Having a grand day out with mates at the Kirkby Stephen rally. Thanks to John Atkin for driving us across in the Condor and Stu Gray for organising said trip! I had a great day, riding on some vehicles from my youth and others that I've not had chance to ride on before, like a Leyland Lion (or if certain people are looking... "Old bus") and an MCW Metrorider! Nice way to end that day was a quick ride on Lee Garrett's superb Metrobus UTN501Y too, that bus is spot on and superbly restored.

Tom

20 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm #34
(20 Apr 2014, 8:20 pm)tyresmoke Having a grand day out with mates at the Kirkby Stephen rally. Thanks to John Atkin for driving us across in the Condor and Stu Gray for organising said trip! I had a great day, riding on some vehicles from my youth and others that I've not had chance to ride on before, like a Leyland Lion (or if certain people are looking... "Old bus") and an MCW Metrorider! Nice way to end that day was a quick ride on Lee Garrett's superb Metrobus UTN501Y too, that bus is spot on and superbly restored.

I would have went, and probably enjoyed it, but would have looked stupid being way younger than everyone else.
Tom
20 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm #34

(20 Apr 2014, 8:20 pm)tyresmoke Having a grand day out with mates at the Kirkby Stephen rally. Thanks to John Atkin for driving us across in the Condor and Stu Gray for organising said trip! I had a great day, riding on some vehicles from my youth and others that I've not had chance to ride on before, like a Leyland Lion (or if certain people are looking... "Old bus") and an MCW Metrorider! Nice way to end that day was a quick ride on Lee Garrett's superb Metrobus UTN501Y too, that bus is spot on and superbly restored.

I would have went, and probably enjoyed it, but would have looked stupid being way younger than everyone else.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Apr 2014, 9:10 am #35

Yes, it was a great day out. The Condor was arguably equally as loud downstairs as it was upstairs - though the sources of sound were completely different! Tongue
May I extend my thanks to Stu for organising the trip, and of course to John for driving. Special thanks to John for dropping me off at Bishop Auckland Bus Station rather than the Market Place when we were home-bound - I probably would have missed my X21 connection (which I caught by 3 minutes) if he hadn't. The hour-long wait for the next X21 wouldn't have been great. I hope a similar trip is done next year too.
It was a great day out - I like the set-up of Kirkby Stephen, with the shuttle buses working very much like an ordinary bus service would (two termini with stopping points in the middle). Although they seemingly weren't timetabled (departing when either full or when instructed to as there were higher numbers of people waiting in a specific area), they were frequent and you could guarantee to get wherever you wanted within 15-30 minutes.

(20 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm)Tom I would have went, and probably enjoyed it, but would have looked stupid being way younger than everyone else.

There was a lad younger than you on the trip, Tom! He was with one of the enthusiasts who came on the trip, but it does show that you can go to these things no matter how old or young you are. Besides, you're not that much younger than me?
Dan
21 Apr 2014, 9:10 am #35

Yes, it was a great day out. The Condor was arguably equally as loud downstairs as it was upstairs - though the sources of sound were completely different! Tongue
May I extend my thanks to Stu for organising the trip, and of course to John for driving. Special thanks to John for dropping me off at Bishop Auckland Bus Station rather than the Market Place when we were home-bound - I probably would have missed my X21 connection (which I caught by 3 minutes) if he hadn't. The hour-long wait for the next X21 wouldn't have been great. I hope a similar trip is done next year too.
It was a great day out - I like the set-up of Kirkby Stephen, with the shuttle buses working very much like an ordinary bus service would (two termini with stopping points in the middle). Although they seemingly weren't timetabled (departing when either full or when instructed to as there were higher numbers of people waiting in a specific area), they were frequent and you could guarantee to get wherever you wanted within 15-30 minutes.

(20 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm)Tom I would have went, and probably enjoyed it, but would have looked stupid being way younger than everyone else.

There was a lad younger than you on the trip, Tom! He was with one of the enthusiasts who came on the trip, but it does show that you can go to these things no matter how old or young you are. Besides, you're not that much younger than me?

21 Apr 2014, 9:27 am #36
The young lad would be Harry who amusingly whacked a certain late running person (who isn't popular with a number of members on here) several times with an empty plastic bottle.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
21 Apr 2014, 9:27 am #36

The young lad would be Harry who amusingly whacked a certain late running person (who isn't popular with a number of members on here) several times with an empty plastic bottle.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Apr 2014, 9:30 am #37

Dont let your age hold you back mate, am sure you wouldn't look stupid just cos your young, when I was your age(i'm guessing between 14-16) I went all over the place mostly on my own, and it has helped me now I am in my 30's...

Get yourself about mate
MrFozz
21 Apr 2014, 9:30 am #37

Dont let your age hold you back mate, am sure you wouldn't look stupid just cos your young, when I was your age(i'm guessing between 14-16) I went all over the place mostly on my own, and it has helped me now I am in my 30's...

Get yourself about mate

Tom

21 Apr 2014, 9:31 am #38
(21 Apr 2014, 9:10 am)Dan Yes, it was a great day out. The Condor was arguably equally as loud downstairs as it was upstairs - though the sources of sound were completely different! Tongue

Might go on the next event then, cheers Dan.
Tom
21 Apr 2014, 9:31 am #38

(21 Apr 2014, 9:10 am)Dan Yes, it was a great day out. The Condor was arguably equally as loud downstairs as it was upstairs - though the sources of sound were completely different! Tongue

Might go on the next event then, cheers Dan.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Apr 2014, 9:36 am #39
(21 Apr 2014, 9:27 am)GMitchelhill The young lad would be Harry who amusingly whacked a certain late running person (who isn't popular with a number of members on here) several times with an empty plastic bottle.

Kuyoyo wasn't running late, what are you talking about? Haha, only joking.

(21 Apr 2014, 9:30 am)marxistafozzski Dont let your age hold you back mate, am sure you wouldn't look stupid just cos your young, when I was your age(i'm guessing between 14-16) I went all over the place mostly on my own, and it has helped me now I am in my 30's...

Get yourself about mate

Agree completely. Better you're out and about exploring now while it's cheaper to do. Will help you in future as you've gained independence skills and stuff.

(21 Apr 2014, 9:31 am)Tom Might go on the next event then, cheers Dan.

There's the Leyland Olympian Running Day coming up. I can't go to that one (which I'm gutted about), but that shouldn't stop you from going if you are free! Smile
Dan
21 Apr 2014, 9:36 am #39

(21 Apr 2014, 9:27 am)GMitchelhill The young lad would be Harry who amusingly whacked a certain late running person (who isn't popular with a number of members on here) several times with an empty plastic bottle.

Kuyoyo wasn't running late, what are you talking about? Haha, only joking.

(21 Apr 2014, 9:30 am)marxistafozzski Dont let your age hold you back mate, am sure you wouldn't look stupid just cos your young, when I was your age(i'm guessing between 14-16) I went all over the place mostly on my own, and it has helped me now I am in my 30's...

Get yourself about mate

Agree completely. Better you're out and about exploring now while it's cheaper to do. Will help you in future as you've gained independence skills and stuff.

(21 Apr 2014, 9:31 am)Tom Might go on the next event then, cheers Dan.

There's the Leyland Olympian Running Day coming up. I can't go to that one (which I'm gutted about), but that shouldn't stop you from going if you are free! Smile

MurdnunoC

21 Apr 2014, 11:33 am #40

(21 Apr 2014, 10:37 am)citaro5284 Please extend our thanks to Harry then......

As my experience of enthusiasts is limited to those posting here, I'd love to know who everyone is talking about Big Grin
MurdnunoC
21 Apr 2014, 11:33 am #40

(21 Apr 2014, 10:37 am)citaro5284 Please extend our thanks to Harry then......

As my experience of enthusiasts is limited to those posting here, I'd love to know who everyone is talking about Big Grin

Pages (203): Previous 1 2 3203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average