Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 111 12 13203 Next
05 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm #221
(05 Jul 2014, 5:38 pm)aureolin Nope none of that nonsense. Although I dread to think about some of the goings on at our proms. :s

Park View have a Prom Queen for each tutor group (each year group is divided into 8 tutor groups, for example in Year 8 there are 8.1---8.8, and we are divided into 2 systems, Park and View, 8.1---8.4 being Park and 8.5---8.8 being View)
R852 PRG
05 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm #221

(05 Jul 2014, 5:38 pm)aureolin Nope none of that nonsense. Although I dread to think about some of the goings on at our proms. :s

Park View have a Prom Queen for each tutor group (each year group is divided into 8 tutor groups, for example in Year 8 there are 8.1---8.8, and we are divided into 2 systems, Park and View, 8.1---8.4 being Park and 8.5---8.8 being View)

Adrian

05 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm #222
(05 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm)Marcus Park View have a Prom Queen for each tutor group (each year group is divided into 8 tutor groups, for example in Year 8 there are 8.1---8.8, and we are divided into 2 systems, Park and View, 8.1---8.4 being Park and 8.5---8.8 being View)

Who the hell came up with a system like that? Talk about over complicating a simple matter of getting everyone to a prom. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm #222

(05 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm)Marcus Park View have a Prom Queen for each tutor group (each year group is divided into 8 tutor groups, for example in Year 8 there are 8.1---8.8, and we are divided into 2 systems, Park and View, 8.1---8.4 being Park and 8.5---8.8 being View)

Who the hell came up with a system like that? Talk about over complicating a simple matter of getting everyone to a prom. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm #223
(05 Jul 2014, 5:32 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Hahaha, no.
I hadn't been acquainted with Fencehouses at that point.

No idea when they started.
Ours certainly wasn't the first year group within our school to have one though.

I probably wouldn't have given a toss if we had of had one, at that time I probably had less than 5 friends in the world...

I just remembered I embarrassed my head of year on my last day, A Newcastle Falcons player came to present our Record of Achievement, while I can't remember exactly, I think it was a young Jonny Wilkinson, though most tell me different...

Anyway it was my birthday and as I went to collect my Record, the head of year said "It's birthday today, happy birthday son" he held his hand out to shake mine and at the last second pulled my arm away and said "Don't think so, hypocrite" he had done everything he could to get the school to boot me, I was not prepared to shake the hand of a man who hated me...He was not amused as I did it in front of close to 500 people...If looks could kill I would have died on the spot.
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm #223

(05 Jul 2014, 5:32 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Hahaha, no.
I hadn't been acquainted with Fencehouses at that point.

No idea when they started.
Ours certainly wasn't the first year group within our school to have one though.

I probably wouldn't have given a toss if we had of had one, at that time I probably had less than 5 friends in the world...

I just remembered I embarrassed my head of year on my last day, A Newcastle Falcons player came to present our Record of Achievement, while I can't remember exactly, I think it was a young Jonny Wilkinson, though most tell me different...

Anyway it was my birthday and as I went to collect my Record, the head of year said "It's birthday today, happy birthday son" he held his hand out to shake mine and at the last second pulled my arm away and said "Don't think so, hypocrite" he had done everything he could to get the school to boot me, I was not prepared to shake the hand of a man who hated me...He was not amused as I did it in front of close to 500 people...If looks could kill I would have died on the spot.

05 Jul 2014, 5:47 pm #224
(05 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm)aureolin Who the hell came up with a system like that? Talk about over complicating a simple matter of getting everyone to a prom. Big Grin

Don't ask me - but when it's part of your day to day life you gradually just understand it. Wink

I've tried many a time to talk to people who seem to have a bit of a 'dog in the fight' in regards to that type of thing, but then again I'm a couple of years off that yet Big Grin

It would be so much easier to have 1 for Park and 1 for View - instead of turning it into a bloody pageant!
R852 PRG
05 Jul 2014, 5:47 pm #224

(05 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm)aureolin Who the hell came up with a system like that? Talk about over complicating a simple matter of getting everyone to a prom. Big Grin

Don't ask me - but when it's part of your day to day life you gradually just understand it. Wink

I've tried many a time to talk to people who seem to have a bit of a 'dog in the fight' in regards to that type of thing, but then again I'm a couple of years off that yet Big Grin

It would be so much easier to have 1 for Park and 1 for View - instead of turning it into a bloody pageant!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 5:48 pm #225

My schools year groups were split to 8 and they used the word EQUALIST, each year group had the same letter for tutor groups, so for example if you started Year 7 in 7A more often than not, you would be in that half of the year till you left
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 5:48 pm #225

My schools year groups were split to 8 and they used the word EQUALIST, each year group had the same letter for tutor groups, so for example if you started Year 7 in 7A more often than not, you would be in that half of the year till you left

05 Jul 2014, 5:52 pm #226
(05 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm)marxistafozzski I probably wouldn't have given a toss if we had of had one, at that time I probably had less than 5 friends in the world...

I was told a story by one of the older kids (a Sixth Former) and apparently, about 10 years ago, the school had just installed microphones etc.

Anyway, it was an awards evening, and as the head of year presented some special award to a kid who well, apparently was rather troubled, she picked it up and walked off without a thank you.

The microphones were attached to the wall in a socket and were on ready for use, and instead of a 'thank you', guess what she murmured Tongue

All of the speakers carried the sound around the entire building.

No idea if it's true or not, but anything can happen at Park View. Don't get me wrong it's a great school that offers opportunities to those who want them, but I can honestly imagine something like that happening Big Grin
Edited 05 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
05 Jul 2014, 5:52 pm #226

(05 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm)marxistafozzski I probably wouldn't have given a toss if we had of had one, at that time I probably had less than 5 friends in the world...

I was told a story by one of the older kids (a Sixth Former) and apparently, about 10 years ago, the school had just installed microphones etc.

Anyway, it was an awards evening, and as the head of year presented some special award to a kid who well, apparently was rather troubled, she picked it up and walked off without a thank you.

The microphones were attached to the wall in a socket and were on ready for use, and instead of a 'thank you', guess what she murmured Tongue

No idea if it's true or not, but anything can happen at Park View. Don't get me wrong it's a great school that offers opportunities to those who want them, but I can honestly imagine something like that happening Big Grin

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 5:55 pm #227
(05 Jul 2014, 5:52 pm)Marcus I was told a story by one of the older kids (a Sixth Former) and apparently, about 10 years ago, the school had just installed microphones etc.

I am guessing something along the lines of Fuck Off, Fuck You, Get Fucked or something not so strong like Wanker/Tosser
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 5:55 pm #227

(05 Jul 2014, 5:52 pm)Marcus I was told a story by one of the older kids (a Sixth Former) and apparently, about 10 years ago, the school had just installed microphones etc.

I am guessing something along the lines of Fuck Off, Fuck You, Get Fucked or something not so strong like Wanker/Tosser

05 Jul 2014, 6:01 pm #228
(05 Jul 2014, 5:55 pm)marxistafozzski I am guessing something along the lines of Fuck Off, Fuck You, Get Fucked or something not so strong like Wanker/Tosser

Let's just say she got the last word right Wink
R852 PRG
05 Jul 2014, 6:01 pm #228

(05 Jul 2014, 5:55 pm)marxistafozzski I am guessing something along the lines of Fuck Off, Fuck You, Get Fucked or something not so strong like Wanker/Tosser

Let's just say she got the last word right Wink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 6:09 pm #229
Marcus PM'D me a link last night that made me howl and cry with laughter...

9[Image: a3e9u5aq.jpg]

Only in the good old Sunday Sport would see something like that

What kind of sexua pleasure can you actually get from a Greggs Pasty...adds a whole new meaning to the term 'smash ya pasty'

Wink
Edited 05 Jul 2014, 6:09 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 6:09 pm #229

Marcus PM'D me a link last night that made me howl and cry with laughter...

What kind of sexua pleasure can you actually get from a Greggs Pasty...adds a whole new meaning to the term 'smash ya pasty'

Wink

05 Jul 2014, 6:14 pm #230
(05 Jul 2014, 6:09 pm)marxistafozzski Marcus PM'D me a link last night that made me howl and cry with laughter...

Wink

I only typed into Google Images 'Old Gregg's' and look what I got! Tongue

I spent a good five minutes having some form of brain seizure before I finally decided Fozz was the guy to call upon Big Grin
R852 PRG
05 Jul 2014, 6:14 pm #230

(05 Jul 2014, 6:09 pm)marxistafozzski Marcus PM'D me a link last night that made me howl and cry with laughter...

Wink

I only typed into Google Images 'Old Gregg's' and look what I got! Tongue

I spent a good five minutes having some form of brain seizure before I finally decided Fozz was the guy to call upon Big Grin

Jimmi

05 Jul 2014, 6:24 pm #231

Wink

There was no sign telling me not to do it Big Grin

Is this the Cheshire version of American Pie.
Jimmi
05 Jul 2014, 6:24 pm #231

Wink

There was no sign telling me not to do it Big Grin

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 6:26 pm #232
(05 Jul 2014, 6:24 pm)Jimmi There was no sign telling me not to do it Big Grin

He phoned a no win-no fee solicitor and wasn't taken seriously...I wonder why
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 6:26 pm #232

(05 Jul 2014, 6:24 pm)Jimmi There was no sign telling me not to do it Big Grin

He phoned a no win-no fee solicitor and wasn't taken seriously...I wonder why

05 Jul 2014, 6:27 pm #233
(05 Jul 2014, 6:26 pm)marxistafozzski He phoned a no win-no fee solicitor and wasn't taken seriously...I wonder why

I'd hate to be him. Wink
R852 PRG
05 Jul 2014, 6:27 pm #233

(05 Jul 2014, 6:26 pm)marxistafozzski He phoned a no win-no fee solicitor and wasn't taken seriously...I wonder why

I'd hate to be him. Wink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 6:28 pm #234
(05 Jul 2014, 6:27 pm)Marcus I'd hate to be him. Wink

So would I and I certainly would not tell anybody if I burnt my junk...
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 6:28 pm #234

(05 Jul 2014, 6:27 pm)Marcus I'd hate to be him. Wink

So would I and I certainly would not tell anybody if I burnt my junk...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 6:44 pm #235
So I did a search online for funny tabloid headlines and found a few...

[Image: satazymy.jpg]
[Image: e9u6y8a6.jpg]
[Image: 4abyza5e.jpg]
[Image: y2y3uva8.jpg]
[Image: 4ydevy4y.jpg]
[Image: uzy6ymyb.jpg]
[Image: deju3etu.jpg]
[Image: 7ubygu5u.jpg]
[Image: y4e3urut.jpg]
[Image: agyde8em.jpg]

Other headlines that made me laugh are

Freddie Star ate my hamster
Elton John removes dogs voice box
Super Caley Go Ballistic, Celtic are Atrocious
Wee Jimmy Krankie had sex with Panto horse (Which I find hilarious because I know a lady who looks like Jimmy Krankie)
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 6:44 pm #235

So I did a search online for funny tabloid headlines and found a few...

[Image: satazymy.jpg]
[Image: e9u6y8a6.jpg]
[Image: 4abyza5e.jpg]
[Image: y2y3uva8.jpg]
[Image: 4ydevy4y.jpg]
[Image: uzy6ymyb.jpg]
[Image: deju3etu.jpg]
[Image: 7ubygu5u.jpg]
[Image: y4e3urut.jpg]
[Image: agyde8em.jpg]

Other headlines that made me laugh are

Freddie Star ate my hamster
Elton John removes dogs voice box
Super Caley Go Ballistic, Celtic are Atrocious
Wee Jimmy Krankie had sex with Panto horse (Which I find hilarious because I know a lady who looks like Jimmy Krankie)

MurdnunoC

05 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm #236
Here's a few - all from The Sport - that have grabbed my attention over the years.

[Image: 18-Sport-2.jpeg]

[Image: sport.jpeg]

...and what are the odds?

[Image: 6a00e552985c0d883301a3fcd9d8fe970b-800wi]
MurdnunoC
05 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm #236

Here's a few - all from The Sport - that have grabbed my attention over the years.

[Image: 18-Sport-2.jpeg]

[Image: sport.jpeg]

...and what are the odds?

[Image: 6a00e552985c0d883301a3fcd9d8fe970b-800wi]

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm #237
I wonder if the bomber vanished when Lord Lucan And Elvis happened to stumble across it while hiding out with Adolf Hitler and there Pet Horse Shergar...

What I can say about the Daily Sport, it is full of shite, but they don't half come up with good shite, lol
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm #237

I wonder if the bomber vanished when Lord Lucan And Elvis happened to stumble across it while hiding out with Adolf Hitler and there Pet Horse Shergar...

What I can say about the Daily Sport, it is full of shite, but they don't half come up with good shite, lol

MurdnunoC

05 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm #238
(05 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm)marxistafozzski I wonder if the bomber vanished when Lord Lucan And Elvis happened to stumble across it while hiding out with Adolf Hitler and there Pet Horse Shergar...

What do you mean?

There's pictures and everything Wink

The sub-headlines are pretty good too: 'horror hubby turns wife into coffee table'? I wonder if that is meant literally (in the sense that the husband is some sort of magician) or figuratively?
MurdnunoC
05 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm #238

(05 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm)marxistafozzski I wonder if the bomber vanished when Lord Lucan And Elvis happened to stumble across it while hiding out with Adolf Hitler and there Pet Horse Shergar...

What do you mean?

The sub-headlines are pretty good too: 'horror hubby turns wife into coffee table'? I wonder if that is meant literally (in the sense that the husband is some sort of magician) or figuratively?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Jul 2014, 7:52 pm #239
(05 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm)AdamY What do you mean?

There stories are full of crap, but then they have never claimed to be telling the gospel truth...

For some funny spoof headlines check out

http://www.thespoof.com/

Some being

Skippy the bush kangaroo comes forward after years of abuse by Rolf Harris

I wonder if Rolf has found his new daddy yet and is gayly playing as we speak
Edited 05 Jul 2014, 7:53 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
05 Jul 2014, 7:52 pm #239

(05 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm)AdamY What do you mean?

There stories are full of crap, but then they have never claimed to be telling the gospel truth...

For some funny spoof headlines check out

http://www.thespoof.com/

Some being

Skippy the bush kangaroo comes forward after years of abuse by Rolf Harris

I wonder if Rolf has found his new daddy yet and is gayly playing as we speak

Adam

06 Jul 2014, 3:27 am #240
Just got back home now. Prom was at the Copthorne Hotel on the Quayside. Very nice place like. Was very funny seeing some of the teachers getting absolutely mortal.
Adam
06 Jul 2014, 3:27 am #240

Just got back home now. Prom was at the Copthorne Hotel on the Quayside. Very nice place like. Was very funny seeing some of the teachers getting absolutely mortal.

Pages (203) Previous 111 12 13203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average