Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 115 16 17203 Next
Jimmi

29 Jul 2014, 8:08 am #301
(29 Jul 2014, 5:30 am)Dan This article.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dom...boy-133854

Wonder if they do this with everyone, you could have: four eyes, tart, tramp, nerd and a bit rapey.
Jimmi
29 Jul 2014, 8:08 am #301

(29 Jul 2014, 5:30 am)Dan This article.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dom...boy-133854

Wonder if they do this with everyone, you could have: four eyes, tart, tramp, nerd and a bit rapey.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Jul 2014, 8:42 am #302
(29 Jul 2014, 8:08 am)Jimmi Wonder if they do this with everyone, you could have: four eyes, tart, tramp, nerd and a bit rapey.

I know it is isn't nice to be picked out for stuff like that, but it is quite funny...I went out with a girl years ago, lovely girl, I used to call her fire fanny for obvious reasons, she thought it was hilarious

Could you imagine the hell there'd be if Bazza saw a certain name on his takeaway receipt
Edited 29 Jul 2014, 8:44 am by MrFozz.
MrFozz
29 Jul 2014, 8:42 am #302

(29 Jul 2014, 8:08 am)Jimmi Wonder if they do this with everyone, you could have: four eyes, tart, tramp, nerd and a bit rapey.

I know it is isn't nice to be picked out for stuff like that, but it is quite funny...I went out with a girl years ago, lovely girl, I used to call her fire fanny for obvious reasons, she thought it was hilarious

Could you imagine the hell there'd be if Bazza saw a certain name on his takeaway receipt

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Jul 2014, 8:46 am #303
(29 Jul 2014, 8:42 am)marxistafozzski I know it is isn't nice to be picked out for stuff like that, but it is quite funny...I went out with a girl years ago, lovely girl, I used to call her fire fanny for obvious reasons, she thought it was hilarious

I know there used to be a lad in our year group in primary with ginger hair, and he always used to go wild went people said he was ginger... He came up with the usual "I'm strawberry blonde!" line. Hilarious.
Dan
29 Jul 2014, 8:46 am #303

(29 Jul 2014, 8:42 am)marxistafozzski I know it is isn't nice to be picked out for stuff like that, but it is quite funny...I went out with a girl years ago, lovely girl, I used to call her fire fanny for obvious reasons, she thought it was hilarious

I know there used to be a lad in our year group in primary with ginger hair, and he always used to go wild went people said he was ginger... He came up with the usual "I'm strawberry blonde!" line. Hilarious.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am #304
(29 Jul 2014, 8:46 am)Dan I know there used to be a lad in our year group in primary with ginger hair, and he always used to go wild went people said he was ginger... He came up with the usual "I'm strawberry blonde!" line. Hilarious.

Gingers can be quite fiery [pun intended], I have a bit Ginger in my hair, it is normally dark brown but bits of ginger can be seen, I dye it all the time though. I have known a lad since he was a baby, he is mid-20's and I am sure his first words would have been "It's Strawberry Blonde, not Ginger" he still says that today, though his hair has ended up very blonde..

Out of interest is there actually such a colour as strawberry blonde?
MrFozz
29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am #304

(29 Jul 2014, 8:46 am)Dan I know there used to be a lad in our year group in primary with ginger hair, and he always used to go wild went people said he was ginger... He came up with the usual "I'm strawberry blonde!" line. Hilarious.

Gingers can be quite fiery [pun intended], I have a bit Ginger in my hair, it is normally dark brown but bits of ginger can be seen, I dye it all the time though. I have known a lad since he was a baby, he is mid-20's and I am sure his first words would have been "It's Strawberry Blonde, not Ginger" he still says that today, though his hair has ended up very blonde..

BJ10VUS

29 Jul 2014, 9:33 am #305
(29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am)marxistafozzski Out of interest is there actually such a colour as strawberry blonde?

Strawberries are red, and blonde is yellow... you end up with orange! Tongue
BJ10VUS
29 Jul 2014, 9:33 am #305

(29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am)marxistafozzski Out of interest is there actually such a colour as strawberry blonde?

Strawberries are red, and blonde is yellow... you end up with orange! Tongue

29 Jul 2014, 9:40 am #306
(29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am)marxistafozzski Gingers can be quite fiery [pun intended], I have a bit Ginger in my hair, it is normally dark brown but bits of ginger can be seen, I dye it all the time though. I have known a lad since he was a baby, he is mid-20's and I am sure his first words would have been "It's Strawberry Blonde, not Ginger" he still says that today, though his hair has ended up very blonde..

That's like asking if Jedi is really a religion! Tongue
R852 PRG
29 Jul 2014, 9:40 am #306

(29 Jul 2014, 9:11 am)marxistafozzski Gingers can be quite fiery [pun intended], I have a bit Ginger in my hair, it is normally dark brown but bits of ginger can be seen, I dye it all the time though. I have known a lad since he was a baby, he is mid-20's and I am sure his first words would have been "It's Strawberry Blonde, not Ginger" he still says that today, though his hair has ended up very blonde..

That's like asking if Jedi is really a religion! Tongue

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm #307
(29 Jul 2014, 9:40 am)Marcus That's like asking if Jedi is really a religion! Tongue

Is Jedi a religion

The 2001 census recorded something like 0.7% of people putting Jedi as there religion in New Zealand 1 census recorded Jediism at 1.5%, 0.3% higher than Buddhism and Hindu...

So basically there is no such colour as strawberry blonde, I guess it is just a colour in the imagination of most gingers when trying to deny there hair colour ;-)
MrFozz
29 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm #307

(29 Jul 2014, 9:40 am)Marcus That's like asking if Jedi is really a religion! Tongue

Is Jedi a religion

The 2001 census recorded something like 0.7% of people putting Jedi as there religion in New Zealand 1 census recorded Jediism at 1.5%, 0.3% higher than Buddhism and Hindu...

So basically there is no such colour as strawberry blonde, I guess it is just a colour in the imagination of most gingers when trying to deny there hair colour ;-)

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Jul 2014, 9:44 pm #308
So there's this paedophile on Facebook who claims he is 'horny' and he's liking all of my (female) friends' profile pictures, which has obviously caught on, so we're now taking the piss out of him. See screenshot attached.

This Kimberley girl popped up to me on Facebook saying that she's single and if I have a full time job. I took the mick and said my job is to care for a girl named Esme (one of my friends who I was talking to at the time and showing her the chatlog) who is underprivileged and drinks alcohol in bus stations and parks. The penny dropped, and this lass asks if it pays well... The conversation develops... See attached. I can't believe some guys actually fall for this and send them money.

It has humoured me though.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2014-07-29-22-33-59.png
Size 260.57 KB / Downloads 31
.png
Screenshot_2014-07-29-22-34-57.png
Size 317.19 KB / Downloads 52
Dan
29 Jul 2014, 9:44 pm #308

So there's this paedophile on Facebook who claims he is 'horny' and he's liking all of my (female) friends' profile pictures, which has obviously caught on, so we're now taking the piss out of him. See screenshot attached.

This Kimberley girl popped up to me on Facebook saying that she's single and if I have a full time job. I took the mick and said my job is to care for a girl named Esme (one of my friends who I was talking to at the time and showing her the chatlog) who is underprivileged and drinks alcohol in bus stations and parks. The penny dropped, and this lass asks if it pays well... The conversation develops... See attached. I can't believe some guys actually fall for this and send them money.

It has humoured me though.

Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2014-07-29-22-33-59.png
Size 260.57 KB / Downloads 31
.png
Screenshot_2014-07-29-22-34-57.png
Size 317.19 KB / Downloads 52

MurdnunoC

30 Jul 2014, 10:22 am #309
(29 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm)marxistafozzski Is Jedi a religion

Because I'm evil, I tend to put down 'Sith Lord' in any Census I've completed. It's doubtful I'm the only one who's done this, so when the data for 2001 and 2011 is released in 90-100 years time, it should make interesting reading.
MurdnunoC
30 Jul 2014, 10:22 am #309

(29 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm)marxistafozzski Is Jedi a religion

Because I'm evil, I tend to put down 'Sith Lord' in any Census I've completed. It's doubtful I'm the only one who's done this, so when the data for 2001 and 2011 is released in 90-100 years time, it should make interesting reading.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Jul 2014, 11:07 am #310
(30 Jul 2014, 10:22 am)AdamY Because I'm evil, I tend to put down 'Sith Lord' in any Census I've completed. It's doubtful I'm the only one who's done this, so when the data for 2001 and 2011 is released in 90-100 years time, it should make interesting reading.

Why is the census actually kept for a century before releasing the results of it?
MrFozz
30 Jul 2014, 11:07 am #310

(30 Jul 2014, 10:22 am)AdamY Because I'm evil, I tend to put down 'Sith Lord' in any Census I've completed. It's doubtful I'm the only one who's done this, so when the data for 2001 and 2011 is released in 90-100 years time, it should make interesting reading.

Why is the census actually kept for a century before releasing the results of it?

MurdnunoC

30 Jul 2014, 11:22 am #311
(30 Jul 2014, 11:07 am)marxistafozzski Why is the census actually kept for a century before releasing the results of it?

Because a large amount of personal information is stored pertaining to people who might still be living.
MurdnunoC
30 Jul 2014, 11:22 am #311

(30 Jul 2014, 11:07 am)marxistafozzski Why is the census actually kept for a century before releasing the results of it?

Because a large amount of personal information is stored pertaining to people who might still be living.

Adrian

30 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm #312
(30 Jul 2014, 11:22 am)AdamY Because a large amount of personal information is stored pertaining to people who might still be living.
Yip, and DPA doesn't apply to folk who are brown bread.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm #312

(30 Jul 2014, 11:22 am)AdamY Because a large amount of personal information is stored pertaining to people who might still be living.
Yip, and DPA doesn't apply to folk who are brown bread.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

30 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm #313
The WiFi may not work in the best bits of the beer garden, but had my own Merlin, Chinook and Puma flypasts today.
The weather has been hot and the beer has been cold.

(negative -> positive) Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm #313

The WiFi may not work in the best bits of the beer garden, but had my own Merlin, Chinook and Puma flypasts today.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm #314
(30 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The WiFi may not work in the best bits of the beer garden, but had my own Merlin, Chinook and Puma flypasts today.

Oh we are getting somewhere! I am impressed! ;-)
Dan
30 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm #314

(30 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The WiFi may not work in the best bits of the beer garden, but had my own Merlin, Chinook and Puma flypasts today.

Oh we are getting somewhere! I am impressed! ;-)

Andreos1

30 Jul 2014, 7:42 pm #315
(30 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm)Dan Oh we are getting somewhere! I am impressed! ;-)

Good stuff Daniel.
Blood, sweat and tears, but understand the importance of positivity on the forum!

Andreos1
30 Jul 2014, 7:42 pm #315

(30 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm)Dan Oh we are getting somewhere! I am impressed! ;-)

Good stuff Daniel.
Blood, sweat and tears, but understand the importance of positivity on the forum!

Adam

03 Aug 2014, 3:28 pm #316
Got a mocha from a coffee shop earlier and the box was ticked to say I am a "lovely person"

P.S. No idea why the photo has rotated. Stupid phone Sad
Edited 03 Aug 2014, 3:29 pm by Adam.
Attached Files
.jpg
20140803_132000.jpg
Size 111.39 KB / Downloads 16
Adam
03 Aug 2014, 3:28 pm #316

Got a mocha from a coffee shop earlier and the box was ticked to say I am a "lovely person"

P.S. No idea why the photo has rotated. Stupid phone Sad

Attached Files
.jpg
20140803_132000.jpg
Size 111.39 KB / Downloads 16

mb134

04 Aug 2014, 1:06 pm #317
7524's Wi-Fi, it works and at a decent speed, something I was not expecting after my experience with 7502. Big Grin
mb134
04 Aug 2014, 1:06 pm #317

7524's Wi-Fi, it works and at a decent speed, something I was not expecting after my experience with 7502. Big Grin

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm #318
Had a very good day on my first day with Go North East today. Everyone was incredibly friendly and very welcoming indeed. My mentor today who gave me my induction was really helpful, and it has been a pleasure working alongside him today.

I'm on a month-long Work Experience placement and will be based at Riverside and Bensham, getting a feel for what it's like to work in different departments 'behind the scenes', which I wouldn't usually get to see as a customer.

As I've already had seven weeks off school and had no luck in finding a paid job, I thought I'd be mad not to try and go for a work experience placement in an industry that I have an interest in. I think it'll look great on my CV, and hopefully help out for jobs in the future too. It'll also get me back into a routine which I need before September, as it's always hell going back to school after the summer holidays.
Dan
04 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm #318

Had a very good day on my first day with Go North East today. Everyone was incredibly friendly and very welcoming indeed. My mentor today who gave me my induction was really helpful, and it has been a pleasure working alongside him today.

I'm on a month-long Work Experience placement and will be based at Riverside and Bensham, getting a feel for what it's like to work in different departments 'behind the scenes', which I wouldn't usually get to see as a customer.

As I've already had seven weeks off school and had no luck in finding a paid job, I thought I'd be mad not to try and go for a work experience placement in an industry that I have an interest in. I think it'll look great on my CV, and hopefully help out for jobs in the future too. It'll also get me back into a routine which I need before September, as it's always hell going back to school after the summer holidays.

citaro5284

04 Aug 2014, 5:46 pm #319
(04 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm)Dan Had a very good day on my first day with Go North East today. Everyone was incredibly friendly and very welcoming indeed. My mentor today who gave me my induction was really helpful, and it has been a pleasure working alongside him today.

Pleased you enjoyed it. Not everyone who works for GNE is a cantankerous bugger like me Tongue
citaro5284
04 Aug 2014, 5:46 pm #319

(04 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm)Dan Had a very good day on my first day with Go North East today. Everyone was incredibly friendly and very welcoming indeed. My mentor today who gave me my induction was really helpful, and it has been a pleasure working alongside him today.

Pleased you enjoyed it. Not everyone who works for GNE is a cantankerous bugger like me Tongue

Tom

04 Aug 2014, 5:51 pm #320

Glad to hear you enjoyed it - do you plan to become a driver or anything?
Tom
04 Aug 2014, 5:51 pm #320

Glad to hear you enjoyed it - do you plan to become a driver or anything?

Pages (203) Previous 115 16 17203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average