Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 129 30 31203 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

26 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm #581
Our English teacher wasn't in this afternoon and as responsible Sixth Formers, no teacher was allocated to 'cover'.
Instead of 'reading out loud' to each other (there's only two of us) as we were instructed to do by the teacher who organises cover, we had a sausage fight.

I happened to find some sausages in the fridge in our common room, so I thought it'd be appropriate to take one out, yell 'SAUSAGE SURPRISE' and chuck it off someone in the common room... which led to the sausage being thrown back, and more being added to the mix.

Well... 'twas better than English! Wink
Dan
26 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm #581

Our English teacher wasn't in this afternoon and as responsible Sixth Formers, no teacher was allocated to 'cover'.
Instead of 'reading out loud' to each other (there's only two of us) as we were instructed to do by the teacher who organises cover, we had a sausage fight.

I happened to find some sausages in the fridge in our common room, so I thought it'd be appropriate to take one out, yell 'SAUSAGE SURPRISE' and chuck it off someone in the common room... which led to the sausage being thrown back, and more being added to the mix.

26 Sep 2014, 4:56 pm #582
(26 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm)Dan Our English teacher wasn't in this afternoon and as responsible Sixth Formers, no teacher was allocated to 'cover'.

Lol - can't wait until I'm in the Sixth Form. They get to do whatever the fuck they like at our school!

Our headmaster always patrols around the canteen and hall at break time, and today, a Sixth Former paid for two fizzy drinks, fizzed one up, then unleashed it on some Year 10 Girls, before doing the same to the the other and throwing it about 20 yards to the top of the canteen where it landed on a table crowded by Year 13 Girls.

He didn't do much, like. He just told him to settle down. I'm telling you, anyone from Years 9-11 would be strung up and exhibited in reception!!
R852 PRG
26 Sep 2014, 4:56 pm #582

(26 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm)Dan Our English teacher wasn't in this afternoon and as responsible Sixth Formers, no teacher was allocated to 'cover'.

Lol - can't wait until I'm in the Sixth Form. They get to do whatever the fuck they like at our school!

Our headmaster always patrols around the canteen and hall at break time, and today, a Sixth Former paid for two fizzy drinks, fizzed one up, then unleashed it on some Year 10 Girls, before doing the same to the the other and throwing it about 20 yards to the top of the canteen where it landed on a table crowded by Year 13 Girls.

He didn't do much, like. He just told him to settle down. I'm telling you, anyone from Years 9-11 would be strung up and exhibited in reception!!

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Sep 2014, 5:17 pm #583
(26 Sep 2014, 4:56 pm)Marcus Lol - can't wait until I'm in the Sixth Form. They get to do whatever the fuck they like at our school!

I'm really enjoying it.

You have more motivation to go to lessons because by and large, people pick subjects which they enjoy (and I've always been a believer than if you enjoy a subject, you tend to get better grades in it).

The free periods are great, too. I've said in the past how I have eight hours worth of free periods in the past, and I've structured them quite nicely:
- Monday Periods 4/5 (13:50 - 16:00) - Go Home/Chill.
- Tuesday Period 2 (10:35 - 11:35) - Chill (need to recover from the previous English lesson, and prepare for the one ahead of me after that free period!)
- Tuesday Period 5 (15:00 - 16:00) - Go Home/Chill.
- Thursday Period 1 (09:15 - 10:15) - Homework.
- Thursday Period 3 (11:40 - 12:40) - Go Home (early lunch)/Chill.
- Thursday Period 4 (13:55 - 14:55) - Chill.
- Friday Period 1 (09:15 - 10:15) - Homework.

The 'chill' periods often see us playing cards, having a bitching session, or me having a natter on with some of the staff (the first 15 minutes of my English lesson today was made up by me just talking to one of the secretaries and a teacher - they've got some decent banter).
The 'homework' periods allow me to catch up on homework due in that day, that I should have done the night before (or whenever I received it). Means I've got more time to do what I want on a night, which is great.
The 'go home' periods allow me to do what I want - whether it's go out, actually go home...

A couple of people are moaning and groaning about how their work is so difficult and how they regret taking certain subjects, or resent going to the lessons, but I really don't have that issue...
Dan
26 Sep 2014, 5:17 pm #583

(26 Sep 2014, 4:56 pm)Marcus Lol - can't wait until I'm in the Sixth Form. They get to do whatever the fuck they like at our school!

I'm really enjoying it.

You have more motivation to go to lessons because by and large, people pick subjects which they enjoy (and I've always been a believer than if you enjoy a subject, you tend to get better grades in it).

The free periods are great, too. I've said in the past how I have eight hours worth of free periods in the past, and I've structured them quite nicely:
- Tuesday Period 2 (10:35 - 11:35) - Chill (need to recover from the previous English lesson, and prepare for the one ahead of me after that free period!)

The 'chill' periods often see us playing cards, having a bitching session, or me having a natter on with some of the staff (the first 15 minutes of my English lesson today was made up by me just talking to one of the secretaries and a teacher - they've got some decent banter).
The 'homework' periods allow me to catch up on homework due in that day, that I should have done the night before (or whenever I received it). Means I've got more time to do what I want on a night, which is great.
The 'go home' periods allow me to do what I want - whether it's go out, actually go home...

A couple of people are moaning and groaning about how their work is so difficult and how they regret taking certain subjects, or resent going to the lessons, but I really don't have that issue...

S813 FVK

26 Sep 2014, 5:22 pm #584
(25 Sep 2014, 7:38 pm)Marcus For me, this would be in the What's Annoying You Today thread! Tongue

Can't recall the last time I actually rode an MPD, would have probably been when they were on the Venture!

Wasnt that long ago Tongue

Anyway, heres my highlight of the day:

Finally seeing 3801 for the first time after its repaint.
Edited 26 Sep 2014, 5:22 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
26 Sep 2014, 5:22 pm #584

(25 Sep 2014, 7:38 pm)Marcus For me, this would be in the What's Annoying You Today thread! Tongue

Can't recall the last time I actually rode an MPD, would have probably been when they were on the Venture!

Wasnt that long ago Tongue

Anyway, heres my highlight of the day:

Finally seeing 3801 for the first time after its repaint.

26 Sep 2014, 5:22 pm #585
(26 Sep 2014, 5:17 pm)Dan I'm really enjoying it.

For my GCSEs, as I get 25 lessons a week, I get 3 hours of English, 3 hours of Maths, 3 hours of Science and 1 hour of R.E, I then get 3 hours of each subject I pick and I'm allowed to pick 5. I think that's how it works. I've already asked various teachers who's profession it comes under, shown them examples of my work and had it 'evaluated' and what their opinion of what I'll get judging by my classwork and behavior.

History - A or A*
Geography - A or A*
Business - (don't get it yet)
Media - (don't get it yet)
German - C, B or A
R852 PRG
26 Sep 2014, 5:22 pm #585

(26 Sep 2014, 5:17 pm)Dan I'm really enjoying it.

For my GCSEs, as I get 25 lessons a week, I get 3 hours of English, 3 hours of Maths, 3 hours of Science and 1 hour of R.E, I then get 3 hours of each subject I pick and I'm allowed to pick 5. I think that's how it works. I've already asked various teachers who's profession it comes under, shown them examples of my work and had it 'evaluated' and what their opinion of what I'll get judging by my classwork and behavior.

History - A or A*
Geography - A or A*
German - C, B or A

26 Sep 2014, 5:26 pm #586
On a positive note, my foot is almost fully-healed (pun intended).
R852 PRG
26 Sep 2014, 5:26 pm #586

On a positive note, my foot is almost fully-healed (pun intended).

Tom

26 Sep 2014, 5:39 pm #587
(26 Sep 2014, 5:22 pm)Marcus For my GCSEs, as I get 25 lessons a week, I get 3 hours of English, 3 hours of Maths, 3 hours of Science and 1 hour of R.E, I then get 3 hours of each subject I pick and I'm allowed to pick 5. I think that's how it works. I've already asked various teachers who's profession it comes under, shown them examples of my work and had it 'evaluated' and what their opinion of what I'll get judging by my classwork and behavior.

History - A or A*
Geography - A or A*
German - C, B or A

We have to pick a language, humanities and three of my choice. We also have to have I.T and Ethics.
It's a shame you don't get business as we have had it for the last three years.

So I'll pick:
German
Geography
Business 
Extra ICT.
Des/Food
Tom
26 Sep 2014, 5:39 pm #587

(26 Sep 2014, 5:22 pm)Marcus For my GCSEs, as I get 25 lessons a week, I get 3 hours of English, 3 hours of Maths, 3 hours of Science and 1 hour of R.E, I then get 3 hours of each subject I pick and I'm allowed to pick 5. I think that's how it works. I've already asked various teachers who's profession it comes under, shown them examples of my work and had it 'evaluated' and what their opinion of what I'll get judging by my classwork and behavior.

History - A or A*
Geography - A or A*
German - C, B or A

We have to pick a language, humanities and three of my choice. We also have to have I.T and Ethics.

So I'll pick:
German
Geography
Business 
Extra ICT.
Des/Food

S813 FVK

26 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm #588
(26 Sep 2014, 5:39 pm)Tom We have to pick a language, humanities and three of my choice. We also have to have I.T and Ethics.

So I'll pick:
German
Geography
Business 
Extra ICT.
Des/Food

I had a language, humanities and 2 of our choice to have so i chose plus the amount of lessons i have of each per week:

Spanish - 3 lessons per week
History - 2 lessons per week
BTEC Business - 3 lessons per week
Graphics - 3 lessons per week

Then for core subjects:

English - 4 lessons per week
Science - 4 lessons per week
Maths - 3 lessons per week
RE - 2 lessons per week
PE (core - not GCSE PE or BTEC Sport) - 1 lesson per week
S813 FVK
26 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm #588

(26 Sep 2014, 5:39 pm)Tom We have to pick a language, humanities and three of my choice. We also have to have I.T and Ethics.

So I'll pick:
German
Geography
Business 
Extra ICT.
Des/Food

I had a language, humanities and 2 of our choice to have so i chose plus the amount of lessons i have of each per week:

Then for core subjects:

RE - 2 lessons per week

26 Sep 2014, 6:32 pm #589
(26 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm)Robert I had a language, humanities and 2 of our choice to have so i chose plus the amount of lessons i have of each per week:

Then for core subjects:

RE - 2 lessons per week

I love History, and if bus driving doesn't work out for me (or any of my random career choices, for that matter), I'd love to be a History Teacher. Thing is, at Park View, if you're a History Teacher, you teach mainly History, but end up being warped into Geography, R.E., and Explore too.

I've always said,

'You have to recreate the past to be able to envision the future'.
R852 PRG
26 Sep 2014, 6:32 pm #589

(26 Sep 2014, 6:06 pm)Robert I had a language, humanities and 2 of our choice to have so i chose plus the amount of lessons i have of each per week:

Then for core subjects:

RE - 2 lessons per week

I love History, and if bus driving doesn't work out for me (or any of my random career choices, for that matter), I'd love to be a History Teacher. Thing is, at Park View, if you're a History Teacher, you teach mainly History, but end up being warped into Geography, R.E., and Explore too.

I've always said,

S813 FVK

26 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm #590
(26 Sep 2014, 6:32 pm)Marcus I love History, and if bus driving doesn't work out for me (or any of my random career choices, for that matter), I'd love to be a History Teacher. Thing is, at Park View, if you're a History Teacher, you teach mainly History, but end up being warped into Geography, R.E., and Explore too.

I've always said,

What is that? Some people in the lower classes had that and i was like 'wtf is that'. I can gather that it involves something to do with Geography? I have also recently decided that i wish to do something along the lines of customer services. If im good at what it requires obviously.
S813 FVK
26 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm #590

(26 Sep 2014, 6:32 pm)Marcus I love History, and if bus driving doesn't work out for me (or any of my random career choices, for that matter), I'd love to be a History Teacher. Thing is, at Park View, if you're a History Teacher, you teach mainly History, but end up being warped into Geography, R.E., and Explore too.

I've always said,

What is that? Some people in the lower classes had that and i was like 'wtf is that'. I can gather that it involves something to do with Geography? I have also recently decided that i wish to do something along the lines of customer services. If im good at what it requires obviously.

Tom

26 Sep 2014, 7:12 pm #591
(26 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm)Robert What is that? Some people in the lower classes had that and i was like 'wtf is that'. I can gather that it involves something to do with Geography? I have also recently decided that i wish to do something along the lines of customer services. If im good at what it requires obviously.

Humanities I think he said?

I just get History, Geography and Ethics. Much more simpler name to call them.

I just can gather why the hell you have to do Ethics.
Tom
26 Sep 2014, 7:12 pm #591

(26 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm)Robert What is that? Some people in the lower classes had that and i was like 'wtf is that'. I can gather that it involves something to do with Geography? I have also recently decided that i wish to do something along the lines of customer services. If im good at what it requires obviously.

Humanities I think he said?

I just get History, Geography and Ethics. Much more simpler name to call them.

I just can gather why the hell you have to do Ethics.

26 Sep 2014, 7:27 pm #592
It's just History and Geography, basically. No idea why they feel the need to give it a different name!
Edited 26 Sep 2014, 7:29 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
26 Sep 2014, 7:27 pm #592

It's just History and Geography, basically. No idea why they feel the need to give it a different name!

S813 FVK

26 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm #593
I mean what do you do in Explore? Humanities is the category it falls under along with History and Geography.
S813 FVK
26 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm #593

I mean what do you do in Explore? Humanities is the category it falls under along with History and Geography.

26 Sep 2014, 7:46 pm #594
(26 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm)Robert I mean what do you do in Explore? Humanities is the category it falls under along with History and Geography.

History & Geography! Tongue
R852 PRG
26 Sep 2014, 7:46 pm #594

(26 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm)Robert I mean what do you do in Explore? Humanities is the category it falls under along with History and Geography.

History & Geography! Tongue

S813 FVK

26 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm #595
(26 Sep 2014, 7:46 pm)Marcus History & Geography! Tongue

Was mainly replying to Toms post if any. Thanks anyway Tongue
S813 FVK
26 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm #595

(26 Sep 2014, 7:46 pm)Marcus History & Geography! Tongue

Was mainly replying to Toms post if any. Thanks anyway Tongue

Tom

26 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm #596
(26 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm)Robert Was mainly replying to Toms post if any. Thanks anyway Tongue

Sorry I didn't see it!
I don't get Explore. I just get normal subject. 
Form - Drama, Music, Art, Geography, Ethics, History, Tutorial, Business.
Mixed ability sets - Science, Design/Food, Info-Tech.
Sets picked by ability - Maths, English, German.
Tom
26 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm #596

(26 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm)Robert Was mainly replying to Toms post if any. Thanks anyway Tongue

Sorry I didn't see it!
I don't get Explore. I just get normal subject. 
Form - Drama, Music, Art, Geography, Ethics, History, Tutorial, Business.
Mixed ability sets - Science, Design/Food, Info-Tech.
Sets picked by ability - Maths, English, German.

tyresmoke

27 Sep 2014, 6:18 pm #597
Won £154 on a footy accumulator this afternoon Smile
My 6 teams were Southampton, Ipswich, Huddersfield, Burton, Luton and Barnet!
Late drama when Forest Green scored in 88th min to make it 1-1 against Barnet, only for Barnet to score a 93rd minute winner (for them and me!)

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
27 Sep 2014, 6:18 pm #597

Won £154 on a footy accumulator this afternoon Smile
My 6 teams were Southampton, Ipswich, Huddersfield, Burton, Luton and Barnet!
Late drama when Forest Green scored in 88th min to make it 1-1 against Barnet, only for Barnet to score a 93rd minute winner (for them and me!)

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Jimmi

29 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm #598
The wonderful weather we're having today.

Also having Sapphire 1518 on service 5A home and I took full advantage of the free WiFi.
Jimmi
29 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm #598

The wonderful weather we're having today.

Also having Sapphire 1518 on service 5A home and I took full advantage of the free WiFi.

Diamond One

Banned

30 Sep 2014, 1:50 pm #599
Reading Cheryl Cole autobiography I love reading books my guilty pleasure :p books are cool reminds me that scene in the film Deep Impact where Spurgen Tanner played by Robert Duvall reads a book called Moby Dick to the injured Astronaut Oren Monash played by Ron Eldard anyhow reading books while thinking makes you think a lot
Diamond One
30 Sep 2014, 1:50 pm #599

Reading Cheryl Cole autobiography I love reading books my guilty pleasure :p books are cool reminds me that scene in the film Deep Impact where Spurgen Tanner played by Robert Duvall reads a book called Moby Dick to the injured Astronaut Oren Monash played by Ron Eldard anyhow reading books while thinking makes you think a lot

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Sep 2014, 2:34 pm #600
(30 Sep 2014, 1:50 pm)Racer_Experience Reading Cheryl Cole autobiography I love reading books my guilty pleasure :p books are cool reminds me that scene in the film Deep Impact where Spurgen Tanner played by Robert Duvall reads a book called Moby Dick to the injured Astronaut Oren Monash played by Ron Eldard anyhow reading books while thinking makes you think a lot
What books you like reading most Baz?

I have to be in the right mood to read, I prefer autobiographies, I love Wrestler Autobiographies and footy autobiographies, on reading Neil Warnocks autobiography, cannot stand the man, but he is a character in the game, got James Cordens biog kicking about somewhere and want to read Harry Redknapps biog at some point...

I also love reading Military books, especially Chris Ryan and Andy McNab, read both there autobiographies and most of there fiction as well...

I also read my bible now and again...

While I like a book in my hand, I do most of my reading through a kindle or google play books on my tablet and phone...
Edited 30 Sep 2014, 2:34 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
30 Sep 2014, 2:34 pm #600

(30 Sep 2014, 1:50 pm)Racer_Experience Reading Cheryl Cole autobiography I love reading books my guilty pleasure :p books are cool reminds me that scene in the film Deep Impact where Spurgen Tanner played by Robert Duvall reads a book called Moby Dick to the injured Astronaut Oren Monash played by Ron Eldard anyhow reading books while thinking makes you think a lot
What books you like reading most Baz?

I have to be in the right mood to read, I prefer autobiographies, I love Wrestler Autobiographies and footy autobiographies, on reading Neil Warnocks autobiography, cannot stand the man, but he is a character in the game, got James Cordens biog kicking about somewhere and want to read Harry Redknapps biog at some point...

I also love reading Military books, especially Chris Ryan and Andy McNab, read both there autobiographies and most of there fiction as well...

I also read my bible now and again...

While I like a book in my hand, I do most of my reading through a kindle or google play books on my tablet and phone...

Pages (203) Previous 129 30 31203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average