Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 130 31 32203 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

30 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm #601
As an AS English student, I always feel somewhat embarrassed to admit that I don't enjoy reading, and it's unlikely that I've picked up a book to read it for entertainment in over five years.
I do enjoy listening to novels, which is why I was rather quick to volunteer my teacher to read in English lessons opposed to us reading out loud, but I'm not a great fan of reading them myself. It seems like more of a chore, if nothing else, and I struggle to find the time to read a book in addition to everything else that I do.
I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter movie series, and I'd suggest that it'd probably be a similar story for other pieces of literature which have been 'converted' into film.
Dan
30 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm #601

As an AS English student, I always feel somewhat embarrassed to admit that I don't enjoy reading, and it's unlikely that I've picked up a book to read it for entertainment in over five years.
I do enjoy listening to novels, which is why I was rather quick to volunteer my teacher to read in English lessons opposed to us reading out loud, but I'm not a great fan of reading them myself. It seems like more of a chore, if nothing else, and I struggle to find the time to read a book in addition to everything else that I do.
I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter movie series, and I'd suggest that it'd probably be a similar story for other pieces of literature which have been 'converted' into film.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Sep 2014, 3:43 pm #602
The fact I didn't order a Dominoes today..

https://www.facebook.com/henry.skate/pos...9220447352
Dan
30 Sep 2014, 3:43 pm #602

The fact I didn't order a Dominoes today..

https://www.facebook.com/henry.skate/pos...9220447352

30 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm #603
(30 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm)Dan As an AS English student, I always feel somewhat embarrassed to admit that I don't enjoy reading, and it's unlikely that I've picked up a book to read it for entertainment in over five years.

As a top set English student, who has previously been an 'assistant librarian', shown an author around the school and been handpicked for many book clubs and field trips to cinemas and theaters, I always just say I read one book every term.

In actual fact, I despise reading. I love writing however, but I'm notoriously a 'melotopical' writer, according to many English teachers. I find it hard to write about something other than soldiers going over the top and being killed - it's much easier than to write an erotic novel, let me tell you that.....I've tried......
R852 PRG
30 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm #603

(30 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm)Dan As an AS English student, I always feel somewhat embarrassed to admit that I don't enjoy reading, and it's unlikely that I've picked up a book to read it for entertainment in over five years.

As a top set English student, who has previously been an 'assistant librarian', shown an author around the school and been handpicked for many book clubs and field trips to cinemas and theaters, I always just say I read one book every term.

In actual fact, I despise reading. I love writing however, but I'm notoriously a 'melotopical' writer, according to many English teachers. I find it hard to write about something other than soldiers going over the top and being killed - it's much easier than to write an erotic novel, let me tell you that.....I've tried......

MurdnunoC

30 Sep 2014, 4:54 pm #604
As a History Masters graduate, I'm afraid to say that I'm in the same boat as Dan and Marcus - I hate reading too.

It's just so cumbersome especially as most 'good' History texts aren't exactly noted for being either easy or interesting to read.

Give me audiobooks any day of the week. 
MurdnunoC
30 Sep 2014, 4:54 pm #604

As a History Masters graduate, I'm afraid to say that I'm in the same boat as Dan and Marcus - I hate reading too.

It's just so cumbersome especially as most 'good' History texts aren't exactly noted for being either easy or interesting to read.

Give me audiobooks any day of the week. 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Sep 2014, 5:02 pm #605
As a former drama student, I dont really read a lot, although as I said before I have to be in the right mood
MrFozz
30 Sep 2014, 5:02 pm #605

As a former drama student, I dont really read a lot, although as I said before I have to be in the right mood

Diamond One

Banned

30 Sep 2014, 7:33 pm #606
(30 Sep 2014, 2:34 pm)marxistafozzski What books you like reading most Baz?

I have to be in the right mood to read, I prefer autobiographies,  I love Wrestler Autobiographies and footy autobiographies, on reading Neil Warnocks autobiography, cannot stand the man, but he is a character in the game, got James Cordens biog kicking about somewhere and want to read Harry Redknapps biog at some point...

I also love reading Military books, especially Chris Ryan and Andy McNab, read both there autobiographies and most of there fiction as well...

I also read my bible now and again...

While I like a book in my hand, I do most of my reading through a kindle or google play books on my tablet and phone...

My love of books began last December when I was in Waterstones in Newcastle after a day of bus spotting then a few days later I got my 1st book I set eyes on The Space Shuttle I like biographies celebs from our neck of the woods space books famous footballers like my idol who is now at Manchester City on loan from New York City namely Frank Lampard my 2nd book I got was on Xmas eve and that was Doctor Who one mainly cause 50 years since it started but ever since I read that Cheryl Cole book I felt happy and privalaged to read an amazing book
Diamond One
30 Sep 2014, 7:33 pm #606

(30 Sep 2014, 2:34 pm)marxistafozzski What books you like reading most Baz?

I have to be in the right mood to read, I prefer autobiographies,  I love Wrestler Autobiographies and footy autobiographies, on reading Neil Warnocks autobiography, cannot stand the man, but he is a character in the game, got James Cordens biog kicking about somewhere and want to read Harry Redknapps biog at some point...

I also love reading Military books, especially Chris Ryan and Andy McNab, read both there autobiographies and most of there fiction as well...

I also read my bible now and again...

While I like a book in my hand, I do most of my reading through a kindle or google play books on my tablet and phone...

My love of books began last December when I was in Waterstones in Newcastle after a day of bus spotting then a few days later I got my 1st book I set eyes on The Space Shuttle I like biographies celebs from our neck of the woods space books famous footballers like my idol who is now at Manchester City on loan from New York City namely Frank Lampard my 2nd book I got was on Xmas eve and that was Doctor Who one mainly cause 50 years since it started but ever since I read that Cheryl Cole book I felt happy and privalaged to read an amazing book

Michael

30 Sep 2014, 7:43 pm #607
The books i have are:

All of Game of Thrones books
I have the first 96 walking dead comics 
Governor rises (part of the walking dead collection)
All Harry Potter books
All Hunger games books
All Lord of the rings books
The Hobbit book

Please no spoilers... i have yet to read most of them! haha 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Sep 2014, 7:43 pm #607

The books i have are:

All of Game of Thrones books
I have the first 96 walking dead comics 
Governor rises (part of the walking dead collection)
All Harry Potter books
All Hunger games books
All Lord of the rings books
The Hobbit book

Please no spoilers... i have yet to read most of them! haha 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

03 Oct 2014, 3:29 pm #608
Slightly more positive, my mam has just told me I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas. Yay!

No doubt from Argos, they've got some incredible bundles in there!

My friends are all switching from Microsoft to Sony for the first time, they've all been die-hard XBOX 360 players until they saw the shit that is known as the XBOX One compared with the PS4. So happy.
R852 PRG
03 Oct 2014, 3:29 pm #608

Slightly more positive, my mam has just told me I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas. Yay!

My friends are all switching from Microsoft to Sony for the first time, they've all been die-hard XBOX 360 players until they saw the shit that is known as the XBOX One compared with the PS4. So happy.

Michael

03 Oct 2014, 3:33 pm #609
(03 Oct 2014, 3:29 pm)Marcus Slightly more positive, my mam has just told me I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas. Yay!

Game had a decent deal on the PS4 this week..

PS4, 500GB, 3 games (fifa 2015, destiny and the digital download of the last of us remastered)

All for £389.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Oct 2014, 3:33 pm #609

(03 Oct 2014, 3:29 pm)Marcus Slightly more positive, my mam has just told me I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas. Yay!

Game had a decent deal on the PS4 this week..

PS4, 500GB, 3 games (fifa 2015, destiny and the digital download of the last of us remastered)

All for £389.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

03 Oct 2014, 3:41 pm #610

I would have got a PS4, but I'd rather have an iPhone 6. 
Tom
03 Oct 2014, 3:41 pm #610

I would have got a PS4, but I'd rather have an iPhone 6. 

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Oct 2014, 7:52 am #611
(03 Oct 2014, 3:41 pm)Tom I would have got a PS4, but I'd rather have an iPhone 6. 
Honestly? A fair proportion of my friends in school now have iPhone 6s and other than the larger screen, they've reported no other major 'advantages' over the iPhone 5.

From a developer's point of view, I think I read that it's more 'open' than the previous version, though the fact still remains it's not as easy as it is for Android.

Not impressed with any of the new phones on the market, so I'm eagerly awaiting the Samsung Galaxy S6 - should be released in March 2015 - before even considering a new phone. Some of the HTCs on the market look pretty good at the moment, but I'm not keen on having to cope without a physical 'back button'...
Dan
04 Oct 2014, 7:52 am #611

(03 Oct 2014, 3:41 pm)Tom I would have got a PS4, but I'd rather have an iPhone 6. 
Honestly? A fair proportion of my friends in school now have iPhone 6s and other than the larger screen, they've reported no other major 'advantages' over the iPhone 5.

From a developer's point of view, I think I read that it's more 'open' than the previous version, though the fact still remains it's not as easy as it is for Android.

Not impressed with any of the new phones on the market, so I'm eagerly awaiting the Samsung Galaxy S6 - should be released in March 2015 - before even considering a new phone. Some of the HTCs on the market look pretty good at the moment, but I'm not keen on having to cope without a physical 'back button'...

Diamond One

Banned

04 Oct 2014, 1:07 pm #612

A ps4 is on my Xmas list ironically enough plus am already planning on getting 2 games GTA V and FIFA 15 it's been tradition since 2004 to get FIFA series at Xmas if my dad doesn't get it on Xmas day I go off it with him and say "get it the next day"
Diamond One
04 Oct 2014, 1:07 pm #612

A ps4 is on my Xmas list ironically enough plus am already planning on getting 2 games GTA V and FIFA 15 it's been tradition since 2004 to get FIFA series at Xmas if my dad doesn't get it on Xmas day I go off it with him and say "get it the next day"

Adrian

05 Oct 2014, 8:33 am #613
(04 Oct 2014, 1:07 pm)Racer_Experience A ps4 is on my Xmas list ironically enough plus am already planning on getting 2 games GTA V and FIFA 15 it's been tradition since 2004 to get FIFA series at Xmas if my dad doesn't get it on Xmas day I go off it with him and say "get it the next day"

You go 'off it' at someone over a gift they've given you at their own generosity?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Oct 2014, 8:33 am #613

(04 Oct 2014, 1:07 pm)Racer_Experience A ps4 is on my Xmas list ironically enough plus am already planning on getting 2 games GTA V and FIFA 15 it's been tradition since 2004 to get FIFA series at Xmas if my dad doesn't get it on Xmas day I go off it with him and say "get it the next day"

You go 'off it' at someone over a gift they've given you at their own generosity?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Tom

05 Oct 2014, 8:53 am #614
(05 Oct 2014, 8:33 am)aureolin You go 'off it' at someone over a gift they've given you at their own generosity?

That almost sounds ungrateful...
Tom
05 Oct 2014, 8:53 am #614

(05 Oct 2014, 8:33 am)aureolin You go 'off it' at someone over a gift they've given you at their own generosity?

That almost sounds ungrateful...

Diamond One

Banned

06 Oct 2014, 10:08 am #615

I am great full but FIFA ges are always traditional on Xmas day in my house if they forget we usually buy the next day which am great full anyways
Diamond One
06 Oct 2014, 10:08 am #615

I am great full but FIFA ges are always traditional on Xmas day in my house if they forget we usually buy the next day which am great full anyways

Adam

06 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm #616
Got set a task at uni today which involves going back to my school to do a presentation to the Sixth Form about my course. It'll be great to see everyone again Smile  
Adam
06 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm #616

Got set a task at uni today which involves going back to my school to do a presentation to the Sixth Form about my course. It'll be great to see everyone again Smile  

06 Oct 2014, 8:31 pm #617
(06 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm)Adam Got set a task at uni today which involves going back to my school to do a presentation to the Sixth Form about my course. It'll be great to see everyone again Smile

I remember in Year 7 I was asked to go back to my primary school, Red Rose, and do a little speech about how good it is at secondary school, and how they should value their time in primary school.....
R852 PRG
06 Oct 2014, 8:31 pm #617

(06 Oct 2014, 8:30 pm)Adam Got set a task at uni today which involves going back to my school to do a presentation to the Sixth Form about my course. It'll be great to see everyone again Smile

I remember in Year 7 I was asked to go back to my primary school, Red Rose, and do a little speech about how good it is at secondary school, and how they should value their time in primary school.....

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Oct 2014, 2:03 pm #618
The thrash on SNE 27727... Makes for a fun journey - and an empty bus to enjoy it even more on!
Dan
07 Oct 2014, 2:03 pm #618

The thrash on SNE 27727... Makes for a fun journey - and an empty bus to enjoy it even more on!

Kuyoyo

10 Oct 2014, 7:24 pm #619
Being the very first member of the public to board one of the new Teesside E300s
Kuyoyo
10 Oct 2014, 7:24 pm #619

Being the very first member of the public to board one of the new Teesside E300s

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Oct 2014, 8:26 am #620
Finally uploaded all of my Showbus photos to Flickr... Now for the photos I've taken since!
Dan
11 Oct 2014, 8:26 am #620

Finally uploaded all of my Showbus photos to Flickr... Now for the photos I've taken since!

Pages (203) Previous 130 31 32203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average